* Author Topic: Single girls having/considering IVF Part 12  (Read 51642 times)

0 Members

Offline silverbird

modify
Re: Single girls having/considering IVF Part 12
« Reply #150 on: 20/01/12, 21:15 »
Thanks Lou-Ann and Mini.

Mini hope your ear is getting better and the diesyness is subsiding.  I once went ice skating with an ear infection, not pretty!

Thanks Tommi, I've been giving myself reflexology with info from a book.  Do you think it's worth getting some proffesional rexfelgology too.  I've been trying to limit what I spend on complementory therapy, it's so easy to throw money at anything that says it will help.  I'm having accupunture because thats been proven and I can't do it to myself but I could proably strech to rexology as well.  I'll be kicking myself if I haven't done something and they can't get to it.

Deisy: definitly the weirdest thing I will buy on the internet.  My sperm shopping has been held up by the fact that I forgot to ask about washed/unwashed and how much I need.  Yes I'm thinking the hen weekend might help take my mind off it.  And the couple I'll be staying with know about treatment so I guess I can talk to them if I need to.  Well done on getting going with your cv.  Yes the advantage of full IVF is that all though it's the most invasive it does have the highest success rates.

Matilda: Glad your follie numbers are so good.  Keep drinking lots of water!

Offline Tommi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #151 on: 21/01/12, 19:46 »
Hi Silverbird

I think it's definitely worth having reflexology as whether or not it actually adds to fertility, it is really relaxing and that's always a good thing. It's an important part of my week! I know the costs can mount up. Fortunately I know my reflexologist and she hardly charges anything in return for some freshly baked goodies so it works well but I think I would still make myself afford it if I couldn't see her. Acu is also fab and it's possible to get 50% back via Simply Health if you have that.

Matilda... fabulous news! Everything crossed for a really successfull EC on Monday!

T xx

Offline Diesy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #152 on: 21/01/12, 20:32 »
Found this re reflexology:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-20980/Is-reflexology-new-cure-infertility.html

They used to have reflexology socks in Origins too.  Couple of places online have them.  Not as much fun as doing it to yourself though.  :P

Diesy :) 

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Tommi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #153 on: 21/01/12, 20:40 »
Hey look at you with your 5lb lost! That's fab! What's your secret??! xx

Offline Diesy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #154 on: 21/01/12, 20:58 »
Beats me!  I've been pigging out more than usual in anticipation of living on low fat, high protein gruel for 4-6 weeks.  I even had Dominos.  Been eating MORE than usual.  Then I stepped on the scales yesterday, 4 lbs down and another one gone this afternoon.  I have been able to walk faster in the last few days!  ;D  It might be my sedentary weight coming off?  I'm actually only trying to get back to my usual gym going weight of last April, should really try to lose another 14 lbs after that.  :P Oh yes and I did 7 mins of pilates and 20 mins of Latin dance on the Wii the other day. 

Maybe it's because I'm less stressed after everyone helped me out with my relocation problem.  :)  I still have no stomach muscles and look like I've got one full termer in the oven already.  But happy me today! 

Diesy xx   ^jumpin^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^ 

Offline Tommi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #155 on: 21/01/12, 21:18 »
Hey that's great!  ^banana^ (I'm thinking that's a good move for carving out a waistline... off to give it a go!)  ;D

Offline silverbird

modify
« Reply #156 on: 22/01/12, 00:12 »
thanks for the info on reflexology Tomi and Deisy.  This is the clinc from my clinic's info page http://www.crgw.co.uk/holistic-therapy.php which links to two studies which found paitnets didn't have any improvment using it which is why I've not been wanting to spend a lot of money on it.

I would really recomend Ann Gillanders reflexology for women which has a whole secion on fertility.  You don't need any rexlology socks as the diagrams make it really clear which area to work on.  And I do find it relaxing even doing it myself and stops me feeling guilty about lolling in frount of the telly.

I might give the lady in my area a text and see how I find it, she doesn't seem to expensive.

Well done on your weight loss Deisy!

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Tommi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #157 on: 22/01/12, 10:01 »
That's really interesting Silverbird, thank you. Although as far as I know Ernst has come under a lot of scrutiny and some take his research with a pinch of salt. I know that you are definitely not supposed to have reflexology in the 2ww so that indicates there has been some research showing efficacy otherwise there would be no guidance to avoid it at certain times. I just find it very relaxing so for me it's worth it. Acupuncture is very relaxing too. Even with a needle right between my eyes!  :o
I'm going to try that book. Never tried it on myself but sounds great!  ;D
T xx

Offline Diesy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #158 on: 22/01/12, 12:41 »
We are such fantastic researchers!  Still want the socks though  ;D

Thank you Silverbird re weight loss, really feel I should be doing more to earn it, we'll see how I go this week.  ^Exercise!2^

Gorgeous sun up here, hope nice everywhere! xx

Offline silverbird

modify
« Reply #159 on: 22/01/12, 12:59 »
Sorry to be the sceptic Tommi but aren't warning's about reflexology in tww wait from reflexologist whom you would hope beleive it works! I've not read that any of my tcc books.  I just get so excited about any therapy I have to make myself stand back and be cinical sometimes.  There was a piece on fb I'll try and link about reflexology shortening labour but then there was no placebo group so could just be getting some tlc.  Which is not to take away from the importance of a little tcl!  http://nhslocal.nhs.uk/story/how-foot-massage-can-help-pregnant-women-deliver

Diesy just feel pleased with yourself either way/  good luck this week, when do you weigh in?

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal