* Author Topic: BFP but continuous bleeding and mild cramps, could this be a miscarriage?  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Brazil

Hi

I have just had my first BFP from my first IVF treatment after 6 failed IUI's and 6 failed at home donor insemination's. On the day of my BFP I was in disbelief and so happy as I didn't have any signs or symptoms, in fact I was sure I was going to start my period. I did two HPT's 15 days post embryo transfer and got two faint lines. I then went for a blood test on day 16 and my HCG level was at 140 which confirmed that I was pregnant. The day after I started to notice some spotting, only when I wiped and it ranged from light pink to brown. This lasted for about 5 days and I also had some mild period like cramps but I had had these right throughout the treatment so I just thought it may be implantation bleeding. After about 5 days it then started showing in my underwear and getting a little heavier, it then ranged from light pink to sometimes a bright red and the cramping started getting a little stronger, similar to the first day of my period. Since then I have started to wear panty liners and I get through about 4-5 a day, sometimes when I wipe I have also seen little red clots, similar to when I have my period. I spoke to my consultant and I have had two more blood tests since then, my second HCG came back at 1584 and my third came back at 2560. I am now on day 12 of bleeding and cramps and feel very low as i am sure this must be the start of a miscarriage. I have my 6 week scan this Thursday and am expecting the worst, it's hard to stay positive when all this is happening to your body. I am not sure but I am thinking that the progesterone (4x200mg capsules a day) and the Estrogen (2x2mg tablets a day) are maybe slowing down the miscarriage and if I stopped them then the bleeding would become alot heavier and I would finally miscarry. Does anyone have any experience of this and are still pregnant? Or experience of having a miscarriage under these curcumstances? Thursday seems like months away and I am so scared, I don't know how to feel anymore.

Offline EmmaLily

• Gold Member
Hiya hun I didnt want to read and run.  I started bleeding at 7 weeks and have continued to bleed until now and I am 12 weeks now.  I was convinced it was a miscarriage also and i found it very hard to cope cos sometimes it was bright red sometimes brown even on two occasions it was pouring out of me (sorry TMI) but everything time I went for a scan everything seem ok.  Its such a frightening time I know but the only advice they give to me was to rest and not to go to work.  Praying u also have a little frighter in there hun.  Good luck xxx

Offline Brazil

Hi Emma Lily

Thanks for your reply and support, can I ask if you had the cramps too? I have been resting this afternoon but the bleeding and cramps have got worse so I can only assume I am miscarrying. Really happy it is working out for you, I wish you a safe and happy pregnancy.  :)

Offline EmmaLily

• Gold Member
I did have some cramps particularly one nite when I bled really really bad and loss a clot the size of my hand I couldnt stand up straight all nite and I was convinced something bad was going to happen.  I just took two paracotmal (sorry for spelling).  Have u spoke to ur Dr and told him about the cramps and also demand a scan hun to put ur mind at ease otherwise u will drive urself  ^idiot^ .  I have had about 3 scans in EPU and 3 in my IVF clinic (i was really lucky and my IVF clinic have been brilliant better than the NHS if I am honest).  They think it was implantation bleeding even tho at that time I was 7 weeks and 8 weeks pg.  I am also taking Estrogen Tablets and I wonder if this is what causes the bleeding sometimes cos it thickens the lining but obviously the IVF clinic told me to continue using them and I am on 2 cyclogest every other day and on the other day I am on Protegest but I am just about to start weaning myself off these so quite scared.  Good luck hun I hope I have given u some hope cos honestly after the bleeding and the clot I have lost I was convinced there was no way this LO would hang about but thankfully at every scan I have had I have been proved wrong.  I  ^pray^  u have a little fighter in there hun.  Let us know how u get on.   

xxx

Offline Brazil

Hi Emma Lily

Thank you so much, you have given me some hope which is a great gift! I have my 6 week scan this Thursday so fingers crossed but somehow in my heart I don't think it will be good news, I feel very low. Hey ho, I will try and keep myself busy and prey that the little one is hanging in there! I will let you know how it goes on Thursday. I seem to be on a very high dose of progesterone (4x200mg per day) so maybe this is what is causing it as well as the 4mg of Estrogen I am on a day. xx

Offline starzle72

Hi, yes it could be a miscarriage but also some women do bleed and cramp when pg. The clots dont sound too good though. You will find out for sure thursday, good luck i wish you all the best.
I miscarriied at 9 weeks and had no bleeding but had cramps through the whole of the pregnancy. Everyone is different. It's such a lottery and so hard. I really wish you all the best x

Offline leam31

• Gold Member
Brazil,

Good luck for your scan tomorrow sending you lots of  ^reiki^

xx

Offline starzle72

Hi Brazil, how are you, hope everything is okay? x

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal