* Author Topic: Waiting for myomectomy date  (Read 13990 times)

0 Members

Offline lily1980

• Dare to Dream
modify
Re: Waiting for myomectomy date
« Reply #150 on: 24/04/12, 18:55 »
Hi Kate, that's good that AF have returned so quickly for you so hopefully you will get into a regular cycle soon.  You really sound like you are doing so well recovering from your op and fantastic you have got your confidence back.  These bloody fibroids really mess with your wardrobe so hopefully you are getting back into the clothes you love.  How are you still getting so much gunk coming out the wound - is that just the antibiotics driving the infection from it??  Ha ha - that's funny about the catheter bags!!!

I'm now getting my myo in July although still waiting for the date - hopefully early July though.  I get my first Zoladex injection on Wed 2nd May, then 30th May and final one 27th June.  How did you find the injections?  I'm never bothered by injections but I've heard horror stories that these ones hurt!!!  xxxxx

Offline ktpen

modify
« Reply #151 on: 24/04/12, 19:52 »
Hi Lily

Really pleased that AF has returned, waiting for it to arrive is a nightmare! Bit of a nightmare that I've got that to contend with as well as my lovely collection bag.  Oh well it should all be over soon :P

Gunk has slowed down loads, it took a while to get the right antibiotic for the infection and it's pushing everything out, nice! Going to ask if I can be bag free when I see the nurse on Thursday, it's getting a bit annoying now.

Good news you've got your month through, July will be here before you know it. If your really lucky the sun will be shining while you're recovering and you can sit in the garden and work on the tan! I've  just had rain,rain and more rain :(
I didn't have the Zoladex injections so can't help I'm afraid. Think this is because I'd already had my embolisation which cuts off the blood flow to the broid and my periods had already gotten much lighter.

^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline bimbobell

• Blow me bubbles!!
modify
« Reply #152 on: 25/04/12, 16:37 »
Hi all,

Kate, good news that ur AF arrived, the infection will be gone soon and it'll be onwards and upwards for you!  ^hugme^

Lily, I had one Zoladex injection before my myo and didn't feel a thing as consultant who did my myo also did the injection. He did give me a small local anesthetic before, didn't feel that either!! If your concerned then as for a local anesthetic, you'll be fine.

My AF has now finished - it lasted 6 days total, 100x better than before when it would go on for anywhere between 11-14 days!! Go back to IVF unit on 14th May for them to tell me when we can start TTC again.

BB

Offline lily1980

• Dare to Dream
modify
« Reply #153 on: 25/04/12, 19:08 »
BB, glad to hear your AF is much better - not long to go till 14th May so you must be looking forward to getting an update.  When do you think you'll be able to start ttc again?

I'm getting my zoladex at the GP surgery and I'm booked in with the nurse so I'll ask her when I see her.  To be fair injections and stuff like that doesn't freak me out although I have only ever had them in my arm before!!!  xxx

Offline bimbobell

• Blow me bubbles!!
modify
« Reply #154 on: 25/04/12, 19:12 »
Hi Lily,

Not sure when we'll be able to ttc again, initially we were told it would be 6 months after the op which would make it September, but I'm hoping they will advise a little sooner after my check up in May. I'll post as soon as find out for defo.

BB

Offline balsora

modify
« Reply #155 on: 25/04/12, 23:12 »
Hello girls,

Im new to this forum and also new to the fiborid topic but had read it for a while the posts and comments. I just feel like i need to share with you my story all of you seem to be very helpful and supportive that is what I need. Im 32 and never was pregnant I have one big submuscular fibroid 10cm and about 5 small ones (had MRI already to see where the firboid is located and cos of heavy bleeding and low level of iron Im aneamic)....now Im on the emergency list for the open myomectomy, yesterday had pre assesment appointment with the nurse at the hospital so at the moment waiting and looking in the post box for letter with the surgery date ;(..a bit scared, stressed, confused, what to before surgery do how to prepare and what to do after surgery..just felt that need to introduce myself first ;) here!!

Talk soon!!

Offline balsora

modify
« Reply #156 on: 25/04/12, 23:17 »
well its me again :)
just forgot to mention that Im on zoladex injections as well and have all bad symptoms ;(

Offline lily1980

• Dare to Dream
modify
« Reply #157 on: 26/04/12, 17:09 »
Hi BB - fingers crossed you can get start ttc sooner if you are strong enough - keeping my fingers crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi Balsora - you have definitely come to the right place for support as the girls here have given me loads of answers to all my queries and it is so reassuring to hear how well people have recovered - doesn't make it seem quite so scary although obviously still a bit nervous.  How long have you been getting your injections from?  My first is next week and really hoping I don't get too many side effects - also just picked up the prescription from the chemist and can't believe just how big the syringe is!!!  That's good that you are on the emergency list so your myo date must be pretty imminent?  There is a really good thread on here (one of the permanent ones at the top) that gives you loads of hints for preparing to go into hospital - it seems that big pants are a must - nice!!!!

xxx

Offline bimbobell

• Blow me bubbles!!
modify
« Reply #158 on: 26/04/12, 21:49 »
Hi Balsora and welcome!

As Lily has already mentioned you've come to the right place in terms of support and advice.  I had my myo 7 and a half weeks ago and the ladies on this site were such a massive help.  Hand on my heart I can honestly say the thought and the anticipation of the op is worse than the reality. I worked myself up into such a tiz before the op and then wondered why I'd been so worried afterwards, everything went fine and I felt fine after the op, other than being very sleepy immediately after it!  Yes recovery does take time but just put your feet up, rest and enjoy being looked after!

And as Lily also mentioned, Marks and Spencer full briefs are a must for after the op - not tremendously attractive, but more comfy than anything else ;D.

Just shout if you need us!

BB

Offline Sheilaweb

• Vivacious
  • Volunteer
  • Forever grateful for our ICSI miracle - Tictac x
modify
« Reply #159 on: 26/04/12, 21:54 »
Balsora - welcome hunnie
the ladies here are wonderfully friendly and very very supportive - anything and I mean ANYTHING you need to know about fibroids and your impending surgery is right here - anything you need hun - just shout

Welcome welcome welcome
Sheila

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal