* Author Topic: Over 40's Current Cyclers  (Read 59788 times)

0 Members

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Over 40's Current Cyclers
« Reply #560 on: 4/04/12, 18:31 »
Hello everyone - can't believe I started this thread back in December and am just getting ready to start round #2! AF due on Saturday so will starting to D/R on day 21 - long protocol again but this time with ICSI and increased dose of gonal-f. This is our final try....

Sorry to see all the BFNs and Yankee - you've had a time of it chick.

Maisiecat - I think I have a low progesterone problem - have had several mcs and starting bleeding 5 days past transfer on my 1st cycle. I've been spotting since 4dpo on this natural cycle which says to me progesterone or hormonal imbalance. I have read that some women don't absorb pessaries very well and may well ask a friend in the US to send me some progesterone cream as you can get it over there.

Offline milma71

modify
« Reply #561 on: 5/04/12, 12:03 »
Hello there Ladies

I'd like to join you here - been a lurker for a bit but wanted to join in for my current FET cycle with Salisbury Fertility Centre (which will be my last!).

Starting DR today, if all goes well (which it hasn't always  ???) I've got a scheduled ET on May 17.

Hope everyone has a lovely easter

x

Offline yazz

modify
« Reply #562 on: 5/04/12, 12:12 »
Hi everyone and welcome to the newbies

I said I wouldn't but I did couldn't help myself this morning did a test and it's a  ^BFP^ I'm 10dp 3dt is this for real I am in total shock....

Yazz xx

Offline stelpo

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #563 on: 5/04/12, 12:43 »
Woop Woop Yazz!!!!

SO happy for you!

S x

Offline Maybethistime

modify
« Reply #564 on: 5/04/12, 12:47 »
Stelpo how are you?

Offline MaisieCat

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #565 on: 5/04/12, 17:33 »
Wow!  Congratulations yazz!

Just what we need to hear.  Go girl!  xx

Offline stelpo

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #566 on: 5/04/12, 19:00 »
Hey Elaine

I'm good thanks, picked myself up a bit, considering options - would love to change clinic from Aberdeen, but Glasgow is a bugger to get to from here....but their success rates are double for old birds! Have a review next week, hoping they will agree to more progesterone support for me if we do another cycle with them, but their response to everything appears to be "its not proven to help" I was actually pretty happy with cycle right up til it didn't work - just shouldn't have had full AF 8dpt whilst on progesterone, so I'm hoping they will see my point. Will have a chat with gynae consultant colleague before I go to check I'm not talking rubbish!

Hope bubs is well : )

S x

Offline Jammy J

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #567 on: 5/04/12, 19:19 »
Well done Yazz. Excellent news. Xx

Offline IwillKeepTrying

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #568 on: 6/04/12, 02:35 »
Wow, nice to hear some good news, it's really encouraging.

While I'm waiting and wondering what we will do next, just taking my supplements, doing acupuncture and yoga, and trying to stay positive.   Some of those things are easier than others....

Offline TheYankee

modify
« Reply #569 on: 6/04/12, 10:41 »
IWKT - it is tough to keep going.  But keep remembering that a lot of what you are doing is good for your general health as well.  Keep those positive thoughts going!

Stelpo - I hope that they both listen to you and hear you when you talk about the bleeding. 

Yazz - that is awesome news!  Whoop whoop!!!  ^fairydust^  Sending you sticky dust!

Milma - I know what you mean about things not going as planned...I'm on try #3 to get to the stimming stage.  I hope this cycle works well for you!

Chanderloo - best of luck with cycle 2!  D/Ring is a woman isn't it!

Maisie - I'm 43 and trying for my first.  And I am going in with totally positive thoughts even though my body seems to be screwing me at every pass (can't get to stimming due to cysts and thick lining).  You can do it!!!!

If I missed anyone, sorry, and HI!

AFM:  I went for my first fertility accupuncture yesterday.  I felt like a pin cushion...but relaxed.  No pain at all.  The woman doing it didn't speak any English so had an interpreter...which was kinda cool in a way.  I had one needle between my boobs, a load on my tummy and a few down my legs.  And then they put a heat lamp on top of my tummy and my feet - it was nice and calming.  And now I have to drink a tea 2x a day which tastes like a mix of burnt coffee, garlic and maple syrup (not so nice but not awful).  Hoping that the accupuncture plus 3x a day Primulot pills will get rid of this cyst and get my body ready for stimming.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal