* Author Topic: Over 40's Current Cyclers  (Read 56376 times)

0 Members

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Over 40's Current Cyclers
« Reply #600 on: 23/04/12, 19:55 »
 ^reiki^ to all those on the 2ww. Welcome Urbangirl - have read a few of your posts on other threads so glad you can join us.

Yankee - whoop whoop stims here you come!

Mamabear sending you  ^hugme^

AFM : waiting to start DR on Thursday - no idea why clinic does it for 3 weeks. Hated that bit last time - just hope this cycle is the one as its our last. Can't afford anymore and putting our lives on hold is just crazy...

Offline Lesleylupin

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #601 on: 23/04/12, 21:53 »
Hi Girls

Thanks for all the encouragement, I made a little mistake in what I posted.  I had a blood test today with the DP (all good)  FSH level 7.4.  I start my IVF on 1st May, I got a little confused on the process, I thought it was starting today lol  :-[.  I am taking some Zeta vitamins for conception and have got DP some daily vitamins for good sperm, also I am on a strict colourful diet of fresh everything. I am tying to make sure everything is tip top.  I had some good news off my consultant as he said my Antimalerian hormone was 42.2, he said he had never seen that result in anyone of my age before in his career, and he thought I had the same chances as someone in their 20s with a touch of PCO.  Does that level sound right it seems very high looking at other peoples posts, do you think its a mistake?  Anyway I know all these facts and figures don't mean zip when it comes to this black art.  My friend who is/was going through this got a BFN yesterday so I am not counting my chickens.  I have let my sister in on my secret and she is so excited so its nice to be able to talk to someone about it.  However shes now driving me mad with suggested baby names  ;D  I  hope we all get our babies in the end,  I have read some of the other posts and am amazed at what some people have been through its mind blowing.  You people are amazing and relentless and such strong characters  ^hugme^

Offline TheYankee

modify
« Reply #602 on: 24/04/12, 10:16 »
Lesley - are you starting stimming on May 1? If so, we can be cycle buddies as I hopefully will be starting on April 30.  Best of luck!

Chanderlino - hope d/ring is not quite as bad this time!

Urbangirl - welcome and best of luck to you in your 2ww!

Tammy - crossing my fingers for you as you go through your 2ww...while I know you don't want to do too much, try to keep yourself busy (or at least watch some fun movies!).

Best to everyone else.  I'm still a bit woozy from the general anesthetic - didn't have a great night's sleep - felt heart racing and breathing was weird.  Feel a bit better today but out of it.  Yeah, works going great (should have taken day off).  Happy Tuesday!

Offline TammyWynet

modify
« Reply #603 on: 24/04/12, 10:53 »
Hi all, yes Yankee, that is what I do, watch fun movies ;D (no drama ones) and am on online. It is still doable but this is only day 3 :(. And I look forward going to Dusseldorf in Germany where my doctor is (I live in The Netherlands, where they have no idea what to do with my problem). I go on Thursday to him and get the bloodtests and another Intralipid drip. So I can get out of the house for a day.
Take it easy with yourself and hope your are feeling better soon.

To all the others,  ^goodluck^ and a lot of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline Lesleylupin

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #604 on: 24/04/12, 22:01 »
Hi Yankee yes please to being my cycle buddy!  :) I don't know what stimming is, I have to go on 1st May to be talked through the process and be shown how to inject, is that what it means?   I am not up on the jargon yet :-[ I am still trying to decipher what all the initals mean. 

I saw that you and Chandlerino were chatting about d/r and it being for 3 weeks.  What is it and why is it bad, will I have to have it too?

Good luck to you all wherever you are in in your cycle sending you lots of  ^reiki^ for a happy outcome.  XXXXXXXX

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #605 on: 24/04/12, 22:27 »
LL - If you go to the main ivf board they are some better explanations....

D/R  is down regulation where you sniff a drug called syranel/narafarelin or have injections of a drug called burselin. Basically it shuts off your ovaries and puts you in a false menopause.

Stimming is when you inject stimulating drugs which make your follicles in your ovaries grow - drugs are usually gonal f or menopur.

Hope that helps xx

Offline Lesleylupin

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #606 on: 24/04/12, 23:07 »
Aw thanks Chandlerino that does help yes - I see I have a lot to learn  :)  I have read you signature I see you have been through a lot, I hope you are successful this time (you've earned it), sending you lots of  ^reiki^ and lots of  ^hugme^ xx

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #607 on: 25/04/12, 17:17 »
Thanks LL - yes its been a long crappy journey and I thought it would be so easy after DD as she was unplanned!

She is 10 this September and is now, after a pregnancy announcement yesterday, the only child in her class without a sibling so now she is putting the pressure on!

DR starts tomorrow - eek!

Offline Lesleylupin

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #608 on: 25/04/12, 21:42 »
I know what you mean my stepdaughter keeps saying she would like a baby sister called Lily.  When I was told I had no chance by the NHS, Lucy's words would bring tears to my eyes.  Now I might just be able to do it  ^pray^ 

Offline Lesleylupin

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #609 on: 26/04/12, 22:13 »
Hurry up May 1st I just want to get started.  I feel like I have been waiting years and years I just want to get on with it!!! >:(

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal