* Author Topic: Over 40's Current Cyclers  (Read 55961 times)

0 Members

Offline Queen_Bee

modify
Re: Over 40's Current Cyclers
« Reply #840 on: 2/06/12, 11:42 »
OMG Chandlerino!! gooooood luck with transfer...

Thanks all of you for your comments. By my reation to the comments I now feel that actually you're right: I need to get back on that horse - yeeha! The sooner I'll start the sooner I'll finish...

I also have to tell you that after no drugs at all for 2 days I am starting to feel normal again - such a good feeling! I am going to Madrid this afternoon to see my dad and step mum and hang out in the sun. he is very supportive of what i am doing so that will be nice.

I am also considering the donor egg option. I have been reading that the mother who carries the baby actually influences the baby's DNA to quite a high extent (this is fairly new research) so that it would seem that you are the part-biological parent not just an 'oven'. I have found this information to be quite a relief and think that if I can't get there with my own eggs (I am 41) maybe I can use a donor egg and still get to be pregnant and part bio-mum. And if you do it in Spain it's an anonymous process so no problems there...I know I am not there yet, but having a plan B helps me relax so I guess it gives plan A more of a chance.

Oh- Lesley Lupin regarding spots: I have had a rash for months on my face I hate it!! doesn't clear!! defo the drugs

Thanks to you all I really appreciate your support. I must say when I first going this forum I wasn't sure about it at all, but I am very fond of the friendships I am making now and get really excited when there's a reply and an update - especially when there's god news. I think IVF is a bonding experience between those who go through it so when there's a success it's a shared success.

Happy weekend!!

Queen Bee xxxx

Offline Lesleylupin

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #841 on: 2/06/12, 14:47 »
Memebaby I am on day 4 of stimming today, EC is on 11th June, when is yours?  About the camping, aren't you supposed to be de-stressing? ;D 

Chands thats brilliant news, hope you are feeling a bit calmer now.

QB glad to see that you are full of fight again and are getting back in the saddle.  xx

AFM still spotty and too self concious to go to the Jubilee Street party  :-[

Offline AngeinParis

modify
« Reply #842 on: 2/06/12, 19:33 »
Good on you QB!  That's great news.  And also good to hear that you are feeling better after just 2 hormone free days.  You are very brave - I am so impressed with your go-get-em attitude.  Good for you.

Good luck tomorrow Chandlerino!  Well done those embies.  That's fab.

Tammy, really hope you are feeling better this afternoon.  That sounds horrendous.  I don't know Prednisolone - but it sounds horrible!  I must look it up.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.   ^hugme^

Memebaby, I wonder if your DH will arrive home from camping in one piece?.  Does he realise he is treading on very thin ice?!!!!  Very amusing post though - sounds more like "carry on camping".  Enjoy!!  (by the way, don't think you'd get my DH to share a tent with me this weekend for love nor money....  so you must be doing something right!!).

AFM, still irritable (just ask DH!).  And have a few zits on my chin.  And the pessaries are getting on my nerves now!  And I have a touch of cystitis!  Moan moan moan.... 

love A x

Offline AngeinParis

modify
« Reply #843 on: 3/06/12, 07:21 »
Well, guess who wins the prize for the dumbest person currently on this thread.......   Yes, it's ME.

Tammy Wynet, I looked at my pills this morning which I needed to take for 5 days after the EC (2 x different pills and they finish today).  One of them is Prednisone Mylan!!  The other is Doxycycline Monohydratee (which google tells me is an anti-biotic). 

What was that I was saying about not knowing what Prednisone was?????.  I'm on it too!  I really do need to wake up and at least be aware of what the hell I'm taking! 

By the way I'm also taking 4 x progesterone pessaries every day (morning and night).  Which I need to take up til the test date.

The only reason I googled these was because I woke up feeling downright lousy - like morning sickness meets really bad PMT - nausea, sore boobs, moody, peeing all the time, an achey feeling in my lower stomach. 

No wonder we all suffer so much during the two week wait.  I think most of it is down to the meds and not necessarily our impatience.  I felt fine on the Gonal F - it's only after the ET that I feel rubbish.

Memebaby - I'm thinking of you on your camping weekend.  Rain will not help fractious tempers so I hope it's dry wherever you are.  Hope it is going ok and you haven't kicked him out of the tent yet.

Looking forward to watching the Jubilee pageant later today.  Love to you all. 

A x

Offline TammyWynet

modify
« Reply #844 on: 3/06/12, 09:31 »
 ^hello^ ladies
@Angeinparis, yes Prednisolone and Progesterone are both a  ^bigbad^ and together they are a super ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^! Lot's of the symptoms I recognize. They really fool you into thinking the good thing and then... Especially the Progesterone. From the Prednisolone you only feel lousy and very down and doubtful about everything!
I saw I am starting my period today. Will break through tomorrow I expect. Now I know that, that is also making me feel sick. You know stomach ache and back ache. Nice when I am in the hospital. Well they have beds there and drugs, so all is not lost >:(!

Wishing all you good ladies a good day and Memebaby remember you need your dp to break up camp! Have a good one all!!!!

Offline MPL

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #845 on: 3/06/12, 10:27 »
Hi Ladies

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could possibly help me!!!

I had a failed IVF last year and I am now on my 2nd cycle and currently on my 2 week wait.... Last time I bleed before test date.

This time I have been given Prednisolone and was wondering if it is this medicine that is stopping me from bleeding or it means it's a good sign.

Thank you
MPL

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #846 on: 3/06/12, 13:20 »
Hi MPL - I've just started my 2ww as of 2 hrs ago!

Transfer went very well - we have a grade A 6 cell and a grade B 6 cell on board named Bert and Ernie! Much better quality than last cycle [grade A & B both 4 cells].

OTD 17th June which seems ages away.....

Offline AngeinParis

modify
« Reply #847 on: 3/06/12, 19:42 »
Hi MPL

I only know about Prednisolone from what I read when I googled it.  I think it's the progesterone that delays your period.  But I'm not sure whether Prednisolone helps with this too or not.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Good luck with your 2ww.  It's tough!

A x

Offline Lesleylupin

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #848 on: 3/06/12, 20:38 »
Chandlerino thats marvellous, perfect eggs they could be your new twins  ^pray^

Hi MPL welcome to the mad-house  ^hugme^

Hope everyone iws ok and Memebaby isn't being washed out of her tent yet.

AFM day 5 of stims, feel ok had a couple of achey twinges, but other than that I feel completey calm, oh and spotty  :-[

Offline Sandyc

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #849 on: 3/06/12, 22:21 »
Hi all,

Please can I join your group. My name's sandy & I'm starting my first cycle IVF in July at Gyne Health clinic in Manchester. I'm 42, single & very scared of the whole process! Can anyone let me know how it feels to self inject the hormone drugs & any side effects I can expect?

Thank you,

Sandy  :)

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal