* Author Topic: First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?  (Read 22579 times)

0 Members

Offline emptyarms89

• Good luck everyone
modify
Re: First cycle of chlomid- very scared- any advice?
« Reply #30 on: 10/01/12, 14:31 »
I keep reading about people having scans while being on clomid is this a normal thing? As the doctors have not mentioned anything about scans. Im on my first cycle of clomid CD4. Also a newbie to this site but loving how helpfull and supportive everyone is and wishes everyone good luck.

Offline KatemateG

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #31 on: 10/01/12, 16:13 »
 I've been ttc for 2 years, after a laparoscopy showing tubal swelling in October and many blood tests showing I don't ovulate I am on my 2nd cycle of clomid and I am not keen! I feel so ruddy miserable and emotional whilst taking it and the sweats and over heating are gros. Yesterday in London I was sweating buckets like I'd been out running, I was walking along in a short sleeved t shirt with sweat all over my face and trickling down my front. I felt so light headed and thought my heart must have been racing yet when I read it it was really slow. The thing is, in my heart I've moved on. I know its only been 2 months but I'm ready to accept it won't happen now and want to start the adoption process.

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #32 on: 10/01/12, 17:37 »
Thanks for the advice Milliemoos - I have the clearblue monitor, but haven't used it for ages as it just led to disappointment. However, shall get back on good terms with it this month and see how things go...

Vadergarth - that sounds horrific - poor you.  Sending you a big  ^hugme^ Hope that it sorts itself out soon.

KatemateG - you sound like you need a hug too ^hugme^ . Have you been taking the tablets in the morning or at night? I was advised to take them at night so you have the side effects at night and (in theory) sleep through them. What dose are you taking? I'm only on 50mg so side effects are not too bad.  That said, Vadergarth seems to be suffering well after the tablets and if I recall from an earlier post is on 50mg too so that theory probably doesn't bear much weight.

emptyarms89 - i'm no expert but it seems that every doctor seems to do things differently which is quite confusing. Some people have them and others don't appear to. Milliemoos mentioned in her post that one of the reasons for the scans is to check the follicle size - the bigger the better I think and is a first indicator as to whether it is doing its job, if small follie's the doc might up the dose. I would ask them to do one for you to cover all bases if possible. 

love to all xx

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #33 on: 10/01/12, 19:36 »
Vadergarth - So sorry you are suffering, hopefully it will pass, it's your first cycle, perhaps it's just your body adjusting.  xx

KatemateG - Hugs.    ^hugme^   I had these sort of side effects when I was put on ADs, I know what it feels like.   As Cas said, I take them at night and I am on 50mg, but I know it won't be the same for anyone.     Re giving up, if the Clomid doesn't work for me, we will be looking at IVF/ICSI with DE, DE because of my age, there are other options out there, keep reading this site, so much info and lovely people.  xx

Hi to Cas, Milliemoos and emptyarms.  Hope you are all well.  xx

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #34 on: 10/01/12, 19:39 »
Vadergarth - So sorry you are suffering, hopefully it will pass, it's your first cycle, perhaps it's just your body adjusting.  I am only on CD6 at the mo, I am hoping that the side effects don't kick in later for me, but will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.   xx

KatemateG - Hugs.    ^hugme^   I had these sort of side effects when I was put on ADs, I know what it feels like.   As Cas said, I take them at night and I am on 50mg, but I know it won't be the same for anyone.     Re giving up, if the Clomid doesn't work for me, we will be looking at IVF/ICSI with DE, DE because of my age, there are other options out there, keep reading this site, so much info and lovely people.  xx

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #35 on: 10/01/12, 19:42 »
Vadergarth - So sorry you are suffering, hopefully it will pass, it's your first cycle, perhaps it's just your body adjusting.  I am only on CD6, I may get side effects later on, but will have to cross that nasty bridge when I come to it!!   xx

Offline Vadergarth

modify
« Reply #36 on: 10/01/12, 20:09 »
Thanks a lot girlies, am feeling slightly more human, which is good, so managed to eat something earlier, and back to work tomorrow, explaining this to my boss should be interesting!  It's just the not knowing if the symptoms are going to last/get worse which is stressing me out.  Am a worry wart and don't like taking any tablets really, so not the best combination!  I am not being offered any scans or blood tests which I keep reading about on here, but am just going to go with it for the first 3 months, then re-assess.

xxxxx

Offline KatemateG

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?
« Reply #37 on: 10/01/12, 21:58 »
Thanks ladies for ther ^hugme^.xx

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #38 on: 11/01/12, 11:14 »
Apologies for the 3 repeat posts.   ^idiot^

Well took last Clomid last night, my ClearBlue Fertility Monitor has asked me to test today, which was Low, which I expected.  When I ovulate, it's usually between CD10 and C14, so see what happens this cycle!!

Hugs to everyone.  xx     ^hugme^

Offline emptyarms89

• Good luck everyone
modify
« Reply #39 on: 11/01/12, 12:33 »
Hi everyone  ;D Hope all are ok.   :)

Cas11 - Thanks for the advice im going to see my doctoe and see about it.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal