* Author Topic: First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?  (Read 22491 times)

0 Members

Offline Milliemoos

modify
Re: First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?
« Reply #40 on: 11/01/12, 20:59 »
Hi everyone, how are you all doing?

Had my scan today and looks like I will probably ovulate on my usual CD12 which will be this Sunday  ^pompom^. Have to go back for another scan on Friday though as they were a little concerned that one too many follicles would mature. They said if more than three of them look like they will then I can't have my IUI this cycle as would run high risk of multiples. Would be so annoying if I don't get my treatment because my clomid dose was too high. Praying all will be ok  ^pray^

Milliemoos  :)

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #41 on: 12/01/12, 11:28 »
Hey Milliemoos, good news about you ovulating and I hope the scan goes well.    ^hugme^

I tested today and my monitor said High, so it looks like ovulation will be soon, it's only CD8!   :o   

Not sure when to go in for a scan, don't think we can afford it this cycle, might have to wait til next month, especially seeing we might need more than one scan.

Offline Milliemoos

modify
« Reply #42 on: 12/01/12, 17:11 »
Thanks Heavenly. So praying it goes ok tomorrow  ^pray^ ^pray^ What monitor do you use? I am using the clear Blue Ovulation predictor tests where you just get a line (like a pregnancy test) when it picks up your LH surge. How does yours work?   ^hugme^

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #43 on: 12/01/12, 17:19 »
Thanks Heavenly. So praying it goes ok tomorrow  ^pray^ ^pray^ What monitor do you use? I am using the clear Blue Ovulation predictor tests where you just get a line (like a pregnancy test) when it picks up your LH surge. How does yours work?   ^hugme^

I have nicked this from the Clearblue website.   ;D

Most home ovulation tests identify the 2 peak fertility days during your cycle by detecting the surge in Luteinising Hormone (LH) that triggers ovulation. The Clearblue Fertility Monitor is unique as it tracks 2 hormones to typically identify up to 6 fertile days Ė it not only shows you your 2 peak fertility days, it can also inform most women of an extra 1-5 days of high fertility prior to their peak fertility. Since your partnerís sperm can survive in your body for several days, making love on all of these days can lead to conception.

The Clearblue Fertility Monitor stores information about your personal hormone patterns and personalises itself.

* It counts the days and tells you which days to test.
    * It tells you when youíre having Low, High and Peak Fertility days.
    * It even warns you when your period is due. This allows you to prepare for your next cycle, or, if you think your period is late, to test for pregnancy.
    * Itís natural, non-invasive and easy to use.

The Clearblue Fertility Monitor is suitable for women whose natural cycle normally lasts between 21 and 42 days

Basically, it tells me to start testing, so I use a stick and insert it into the monitor.  It will say Low for a a day or a few days, then I get a High, then hopefully a Peak! (usually between CD10-14).    I have been using it for a couple of years and I have had peaks more months than I haven't.  But my FS wanted me to give Clomid a go any way.   I will feel more confident when I have a scan and he tells me it's working, but as I said, can't afford one this month!

Offline Hails

• It really can happen...
modify
« Reply #44 on: 12/01/12, 18:06 »
Hi
 I'm using the cbfmonitor as well. Been using it for a year but something mad going on with it this month. I'm 7dpo according to temping and my monitor had me on my 17th day of high fertility :( wot going on? X

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #45 on: 13/01/12, 09:38 »
Sorry Hails, I have no idea, can you have a word with your GP or your FS about it?

I tested again today, CD9, showing another High.

I have decided to try and get the scan done this cycle.  I am supposed to have a scan between CD10-14.  Problem is CD10 and CD11 are the weekend and it can't be done then, CD12 is my birthday and I am not around so can only do this Monday, I doubt very much they will be able to fit me in at this short notice!  I will be ringing them at lunchtime, if it doesn't pan out will have to wait til next cycle.

Hope all you ladies are ok today.  xx

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #46 on: 13/01/12, 13:59 »
Hey Ladies,

I'm using the CB Fertility Monitor. Pre Clomid I only every had one peak on it and then when I tested (not sure why) with a normal Ovulation stick a few days later it showed I was ovulating but I think that's quite normal with pcocs.  First time back on the CB Monitor this month on CD 8 and have a high....looking forward to seeing what happens..

Hails.. sounds a bit strange this month for you...I'm afraid I can't offer any advice  - maybe the monitor just missed the peak as it may have happened in between testing..

Heavenly - Happy Birthday for Monday - hope the clinic can fit you in.

Happy Friday to you all... roll on 6pm and hometime... xx

Offline Hails

• It really can happen...
modify
« Reply #47 on: 13/01/12, 17:21 »
Hi girls....

I'm so confused 18days high now... No reason for it.
Ah well hope it works next month for me.

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #48 on: 13/01/12, 17:44 »
Hey Ladies,

I'm using the CB Fertility Monitor. Pre Clomid I only every had one peak on it and then when I tested (not sure why) with a normal Ovulation stick a few days later it showed I was ovulating but I think that's quite normal with pcocs.  First time back on the CB Monitor this month on CD 8 and have a high....looking forward to seeing what happens..

Hails.. sounds a bit strange this month for you...I'm afraid I can't offer any advice  - maybe the monitor just missed the peak as it may have happened in between testing..

Heavenly - Happy Birthday for Monday - hope the clinic can fit you in.

Happy Friday to you all... roll on 6pm and hometime... xx

Getting my days wrong, it's my age!!     It's my birthday Tuesday..I think OH has something planned...I think!    If not..... ^bigbad^ ;D

The hospital have managed to fit me in at 6pm on Monday, my FS is going to do the scan, it will be CD13.  It's costing £120 so I hope it shows something up that is of use!    :o

Well done with the high, I am still waiting for a peak, fingers crossed for us!!  xx

Offline Milliemoos

modify
« Reply #49 on: 13/01/12, 22:25 »
Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Heavenly - thanks for info regarding the monitor. I see you are off for a scan on Monday - best of luck with that and happy birthday for Tues :)

Hails - seems odd to me but can't offer advise as haven't used the monitor thingy  ^idiot^

AFM - I went for my scan today and it showed movement on 4 follicles on the left ovary. They are still too small for me to be ovulating in the next few days so looks like it will happen next week sometime. Only problem for me is that if all 4 continue to grow then they won't do my IUI procedure at all. This is to avoid a high order multiple pregnancy which I can understand but will be mega disappointed at the same time. Anyway, am continuing to do my testing every morning and have another scan booked for Monday to see what's going on....

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Milliemoos

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal