* Author Topic: First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?  (Read 24924 times)

0 Members

Offline Milliemoos

modify
Re: First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?
« Reply #70 on: 17/01/12, 20:48 »
Hi Vadergarth,

I am doing OK thanks, just waiting for that LH surge....

How are things with you? I guess you are on your 2WW now? Got everything crossed for you! xx

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #71 on: 18/01/12, 09:47 »
Thank you! I'll have a look at that.  What's DE by the way?

Donated eggs.   At my age, there is a 5% chance with using my own eggs, it goes up to around 30-40% with donated eggs, dependant on clinic, either a known donor or anonymous.  We would be going with anonymous.

But I shall cross that bridge when I come to it!!

Anyhoo, some good news.  Had the scan done, I am so green with all this, had no idea it would be an internal one.   :o  There was a tv screen and he showed me my uterus then my left ovary!  My OH came round to have a peek as well.

He said he was really pleased, there was a follicle which was at least 18mm, which is good, he said I didn't need another scan this cycle and that I don't need to have one next cycle.  He is really pleased the Clomid is working and that he doesn't have to increase the dose.  He was also really pleased and quite surprised I had had no side effects.

He told me other stuff but he is putting it all in a letter...for a thicko like me.    ;D  We should abstain from sex for the next 24-48 hours, then continue.  I told the nurse it's my birthday tomorrow, that's a shame,  and OH said, that's ok, would have been different if it had been his!    ;D

Anyway, at least the Clomid is working, I am 46 tomorrow and knowing my insides still work a little has really cheered me up!

Thanks for the explanation  - sounds like the clomid is doing its job though so that's great news.  Hope you had fun on your birthday even if no BD was involved!

xx

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #72 on: 18/01/12, 10:04 »
Fingers and toes crossed for you Vadergarth  :)

afm - waiting to see what my pee stick tells me tomorrow morning.....

Heavenly - just noticed that you didn't realise you were getting an internal ultrasound. Must admit the dildocam was a bit of a surprise for me the first time and had to stifle a few laughs when she rolled a condom down it!!  ^roflmao^

I just went with the flow.  ^roflmao^

Well, my OH has not disappointed me on my birthday!  He told me we both have 2 days off and we are leaving soon, don't know where but will be staying somewhere tonight, how exciting!  ;D   And I got a Peak this morning!!   ;D  But my FS said no sex until tomorrow, so the sperm is better quality.  Feels a bit weird not having sex when I see a peak but shall put trust in my FS.  So, some very good signs and they appeared around my birthday, some good news for a change!!

Hope you girls are all ok and good luck to us all with this cycle!  xx

ha ha - made me chuckle thinking about you girls when the dildo cam came my way yesterday...  I also brought my preseed along so he didn't use normal lubricant which is anti-sperm with the words "gotta give the blighters the best chance possible".  Dr must have thought I was a bit of a nutter.

I had my scan yesterday evening CD12 - two follies: one on the right was 12 mm and one on the left was 19mm. Lining was 12mm so all good to go no need to increase the dose and he doesn't want to see me again until I've finished my 6 month course.  Hopefully will ovulate soon  - just waiting for the peak. 

Best of luck on your tww Vadergarth and Milliemoos - crossed fingers for your LH surge soon...

xx

Offline Milliemoos

modify
« Reply #73 on: 18/01/12, 20:45 »
Cas11 - hee hee! (re: pre-seed) good for you! Made me laugh ;D

I am still waiting for my LH surge. Better be tomorrow otherwise  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

x

Offline Vadergarth

modify
« Reply #74 on: 18/01/12, 21:09 »
Hi, yep the joys of the 2ww, feeling quite positive actually, which is unlike me! I may have to skip a month of chlomid next month though, as am taking school trip away to Germany mid cycle-typical! How we all doing? Any peaks yet? Xxx

Offline Milliemoos

modify
« Reply #75 on: 18/01/12, 22:51 »
Hopefully you'll be skipping the Clomid next month for a different reason Vadergarth x

Offline Milliemoos

modify
« Reply #76 on: 19/01/12, 11:29 »
Ahhhh!! Got my LH surge this morning and scan showed only two follicles that will release so yeah!!! Got my IUI this afternoon and will be joining you Vadergarth and heavenly on the 2WW!!!

Cas11 - any LH surge/peak yet? I am excited for you  :)

xxxx

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #77 on: 19/01/12, 11:39 »
Hi Milliemoos - That's fab news! Well Done!  ^pompom^  Bet you are relieved... Best of luck this afternoon with the IUI. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Let us know how it goes.

No peak yet - hmmm - but could I have missed it perhaps - not sure how long the surge lasts? Had sharp pains in my left hand side and then chronic cramping for about an hour last night, so thought perhaps that might have been the egg being released - reading into it to much though probably..... 

xx

Offline Vadergarth

modify
« Reply #78 on: 19/01/12, 19:54 »
Cas11, I had the exact same feeling when the clear blue predictor said I was ovulating, pain on left side then period style cramps, think you defo must have ovulated. :-) are you all having regular sex after u have ovulated? We have missed a couple of days, and am starting to feel guilty- its so hard!

Big hugs to all xxxxxx

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #79 on: 19/01/12, 21:22 »

I had my scan yesterday evening CD12 - two follies: one on the right was 12 mm and one on the left was 19mm. Lining was 12mm so all good to go no need to increase the dose and he doesn't want to see me again until I've finished my 6 month course.  Hopefully will ovulate soon  - just waiting for the peak. 

Best of luck on your tww Vadergarth and Milliemoos - crossed fingers for your LH surge soon...

xx

Great news re the follies!!  ;D  And really good news that he doesn't need to see you again or increase the dose!   Apparently, my FS said I wasn't to have sex for 24-48 hrs as I had more than one good follicle so there was a chance of triplets or quads.    I only want one!!!     :o     And one would be a miracle.   ^pray^   I had 2 days of a peak on 17th and 18th Jan and am now back to a High surge, so have really gone for it 4 days before Peak and apart from the 17th, have had sex yesterday and today and will continue til OH goes to Scotland on Monday for the night.   

Vadergarth - here we are in the 2WW!    What makes you want to go private?  I have gone private but that is because the NHS don't want an old hag like me to pay for.   ;D   I must admit, even though it's not cheap, I can see my FS whenever I want and booked the scan at only 48hrs notice and he saw me on a day when he doesn't normally do a clinic.

Milliemoos - How did the IUI go?  How exciting!!  xx

OH took me to Dorset for a couple of days, stayed in a lovely hotel and we went to Monkey World, I adore monkeys, and it's a rescue centre for badly treated monkeys, they do such an amazing job there and we had a wonderful time and I adopted a 5 year old orangutang called Dindah, so I am a mum after all!!    ;D

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal