* Author Topic: First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?  (Read 20539 times)

Offline heavenly

modify
Re: First cycle of clomid- very scared- any advice?
« Reply #90 on: 21/01/12, 15:24 »
Ohhh I read somewhere on a post that drinking pineapple juice (not from concentrate) and keeping your uterus warm (hot water bottles/ heated grain (?) bags (not with lavender oils though - not sure why no lavender oil tho) warming soups (avoiding too much cold raw foods) can help... thought I'd give it a go  - it surely can't help.

xx

I read that about the pineapple juice so I am doing that already!

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #91 on: 21/01/12, 15:28 »
Vadergarth and Milliemoos - People are a pain in the ar*e!   My sisters know we are trying but they haven't mentioned it to me for about the past year as they are trying to be sensitive which is good, they both have children.  This lady rep came into work, she is really nice, and when I told her OH was only 35, she said 'why doesn't he want kids then?' because she knows I don't have any.  Luckily the phone rang and I changed the subject.  People just don't think!

I don't have any parents and OH's parents aren't together anymore and luckily live about 50 miles away so we won't be telling them if we go down the IVF route, they will only know if it's successful.  My OH's sister is expecting her first baby in June.

Only my best friend and counsellor know about us still trying and that we are seeing a FS, it's simpler that way!!

Oooh, keep reading great things about this book so have ordered it, every little helps....I sound like Tesco!   ;D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Reproductive/dp/0091887585/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327159783&sr=1-1

Hugs to you all!  xxx

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #92 on: 21/01/12, 17:27 »

Ohhh I read somewhere on a post that drinking pineapple juice (not from concentrate) and keeping your uterus warm (hot water bottles/ heated grain (?) bags (not with lavender oils though - not sure why no lavender oil tho) warming soups (avoiding too much cold raw foods) can help... thought I'd give it a go  - it surely can't help.

xx

Think I meant "can't hurt" not help - I'm very much hoping it all helps

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #93 on: 21/01/12, 17:47 »
That book sounds good Heavenly - I might try and order it...

Luckily I've not read had too much of an issue with people interferring as really only my mum knows. My best friend kind of knows we have been trying a while, but I try and avoid the subject because as wonderful as she is and as supportive as she would be, having taken a while herself, I just want to talk about other things when I am with her. I know if I told her and my other friends everything they would try and be really helpful and lovely, but I am sure it would just make them more awkward about inviting me to things where babies are involvedand give me advice that I just don't want. But then it has its downside as you feel much more alone in it all and every get together I prepare myself for another one being up the duff, I had to go and compose myself when my mate told us all together she was having twins as was standing there biting my lip trying not to cry...

I think I would want to  ^bigbad^ if someone said they had been speaking to someone about my fertility issues even though they are only trying to help. My mum is quite good and just wants me to chill out and not stress about it, but that's easy for her to say having had three with no issues. I cannot believe how little she knows about the whole process either, but then  I guess she never needed to.... I sometimes feel like I know too much....

Hope your day got better Vadergarth. happy weekend
xx

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #94 on: 21/01/12, 19:06 »
That book sounds good Heavenly - I might try and order it...

Luckily I've not read had too much of an issue with people interferring as really only my mum knows. My best friend kind of knows we have been trying a while, but I try and avoid the subject because as wonderful as she is and as supportive as she would be, having taken a while herself, I just want to talk about other things when I am with her. I know if I told her and my other friends everything they would try and be really helpful and lovely, but I am sure it would just make them more awkward about inviting me to things where babies are involvedand give me advice that I just don't want. But then it has its downside as you feel much more alone in it all and every get together I prepare myself for another one being up the duff, I had to go and compose myself when my mate told us all together she was having twins as was standing there biting my lip trying not to cry...

xx

We are all in the same boat that is why this is such a great place, we can share all our thoughts, fears and dreams on here together!!    ^hugme^

Offline Vadergarth

modify
« Reply #95 on: 21/01/12, 19:10 »
Thanks girls, my day defo got better, went and had lovely cream tea with hubby :-) I don't if I would cope if I didn't talk about it to my best friend, she has 3 gorgeous kids, but has really been amazing through it all for me. After about a year of ttc my mum used to call me every time on day 30 to see if I had come on!!! I had to tell her to stop, but she was only trying to be supportive, but that was pretty suffocating. Anyway, made home made steak and mushroom pie for tea, love cooking, defo therapeutic.

Happy Saturday xxxxx

Offline heavenly

modify
« Reply #96 on: 21/01/12, 19:18 »
Thanks girls, my day defo got better, went and had lovely cream tea with hubby :-) I don't if I would cope if I didn't talk about it to my best friend, she has 3 gorgeous kids, but has really been amazing through it all for me. After about a year of ttc my mum used to call me every time on day 30 to see if I had come on!!! I had to tell her to stop, but she was only trying to be supportive, but that was pretty suffocating. Anyway, made home made steak and mushroom pie for tea, love cooking, defo therapeutic.

Happy Saturday xxxxx

You can't beat a nice cream tea!!   Have a relaxing rest of the weekend.   ^hugme^

Offline Milliemoos

modify
« Reply #97 on: 21/01/12, 20:59 »
Yummy, haven't had cream tea in a while - very tempting!! Glad your feeling a bit better Vadergarth.

Sending lots of hugs to everyone else  ^hugme^

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #98 on: 22/01/12, 08:55 »

[/quote]

We are all in the same boat that is why this is such a great place, we can share all our thoughts, fears and dreams on here together!!    ^hugme^
[/quote]

Thanks Heavenly - it as actually helped me a lot chatting to people that know exacting what you are going through, even in the short amount of time I have been posting.
xx

Offline Buttercup79

modify
« Reply #99 on: 22/01/12, 08:58 »

Happy Saturday xxxxx

Ohhh yes, indeed a cream tea,that would certainly make my day. :)
xx

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal