Pregnancy & Parenting After Infertility in Wales: part 2

170K views 1K replies 41 participants last post by  lynzipinzi 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Bookmarking :) xx

#3 ·
Thanks Kara x

#5 ·
Wow we have finally chatted enough to get a page 2!! thought it would never happen  ;D

Kara the link doesn't work on part 1. xx  ;)

julsxx

#6 ·
Sorry for the me post but...

Woop woop......Third Trimester....!!

^milestone^

#7 ·
Lol god wish I was :) just can't wait to meet her I'm a very impatient person :) . U feeling ok em :) when u seeing your consultant again ?? U decided on c-section yet or not xxx

#8 ·
Helen, 2 more weeks and you'll be in the third trimester, not long  :) I know what you mean, I can't wait to our little ones either! I'm feeling good thanks. I do get back & ache rib which usually keeps me awake most of the night but I guess it's good practise for when babies arrive, lol! Seeing consultant on Thursday for another growth scan. I'm still undecided about the delivery, I'll see what the consultant says. I know if it was a singleton, a c-section wouldn't even cross my mind but I just want our babies out safely as does everyone I guess. How are you hun? Not long until your 4d scan, are you excited? Enjoying those baby kicks?! I love watching my belly moving! xxx

#9 ·
Totally know what u mean Hun , I would want what was the safest option for the babies if i was u . Think if we had been having twins then I really would have considered a c- section .
Yea I'm good thanks totally feel ur pain about the rib and back ache at night and it must be twice as bad with two of them in there :) Very excited for the scan I will say :) oh I love feeling her moving about puts my mind at rest that she's ok aswell if u know what I mean xxx

#10 ·
Glad all is ok with you, I still can't believe that this year we will all be mummies! Have you taken any bump pics? I take one each month! xxx

#11 ·
I know mad really , when we were all cycling never imagined us all pregnant , I always knew urs would work mind just had a feeling all along that yours was going to work :) Thought I was going to get a bfn and u were going to get a bfp :) xx

I have taken a few pics should have taken more really !! I will have to take some more before the end :) god I have been having the worst heartburn ever the last week that Is one pregnancy symptom I'm not keen on i will say xx

#12 ·
Awh hun, likewise I genuinly had a feeling that yours would work. I think when you're cycling you dare not think that it could happen until you see it on a pee stick & even then I tested every day just to make sure I wasn't dreaming  ^idiot^ I have also been having heartburn this past week. I've never had it before so had to google it to check if it was heartburn! I keep getting a burning feeling in my throat after I've eaten. Apparantly during pregnancy the oesphogus doesn't close properly which means that the acid that breaks down food in your stomach can rise into your throat giving it a burning feeling, it's not pleasant! xxx

#13 ·
Lol I tested every day for 2 weeks  once I had my bfp my boyfriend thought I was nut case ;-)

I've had heartburn I few times but nothing like this , horrible isn't the word never mind tho don't want to moan too much because it's all for a good cause :)

So u decided on definate names for ur girls yet ? We are defiantly calling or little girl Amelia :) had the name since we first got together so it was easy for us xx

#14 ·
Lol I tested every day for 2 weeks  once I had my bfp my boyfriend thought I was nut case ;-)

I've had heartburn I few times but nothing like this , horrible isn't the word never mind tho don't want to moan too much because it's all for a good cause :)

So u decided on definate names for ur girls yet ? We are defiantly calling or little girl Amelia :) had the name since we first got together so it was easy for us xx

#15 ·
Lol! Amelia is loveley, so pretty. Maisie is a definate for one baby, we're still undecided on the other baby, we like Ruby and also Ellie so will probablly be Maisie and Ruby or Maisie and Ellie. It's so hard deciding a name! xxx

#16 ·
My god daughters name is Maisie bloody love that name so good choice :) I like Ellie and ruby too there are soooooo many nice girls names could have chosen loads , boys names is another story before we knew what we were having me and dp couldnt decide on one boys name we both liked so I think there would have been alot of arguing if she and turned out to be a boy :)

God is it going to be strange for u picking which one gets Which name , I suppose you'll just know when u see them which one should be named what :) all very exciting and at least u don't have to wait the full 40weeks before u meet ur little ladies :) how early they inducing u ?? Xx

#17 ·
:) lol we had one boys name picked out, Ethan. I told one of my colleagues who is also pregnant that we liked that name before we knew babies flavours. She waited until after we found out the flavours and when I said 2 girls she said she was going to call her boy Ethan! Name thief, lol!!! DP has already decided that he wants to call the smaller of the two Maisie which is fine by me! They said they were going to induce me at 37 weeks but it all depends on babies sizes, growth etc so who knows! Do you think you will have any others after Amelia? xxx

#18 ·
Yea defo going to try for another one maybe two depending on how we feel . Think im going to wait till she is almost 2 before trying again tho .
What about u?? Xxx

#19 ·
I don't know to be honest! I think two at once is enough to get me started  :)

When is your next appointment? Do you get any more scans now? xxx

#20 ·
Lol I think u will have your hands full with two for a good while :) it'll be lovely tho them growing up together . Ive got a brother and we are really close but I think I would have loved to have a sister so it's going to be lovely for them .
Well got the midwife on Thursday but think I only see the midwife now no more scans . Think u only have more scans after the 20 week if they think there is a issue or like yourself and ur having a twin Pregnancy. Lucky u tho u get to see them loads more :) xx

#21 ·
(Argh just lost a really long post!)  Hi girls, been away for 2 weeks and missed you all.  Back in work tomorrow boohoo.

A huge welcome Sprinkles, I'm a firm believer in 3rd time lucky (my BFP was our 3rd ICSI) so I have a good feeling for you this time.

Hi Helen, Sammy, Sue how are you?  Em, is your wedding a week tomorrow, OMG!  Bet you're all set, enjoy the build up hun.  Hi to everyone else too.

AFM we had our anomaly scan last week, and it was such a relief to get it out of the way and know everything is ok. I know it's been said before but it was sooo amazing, I didn't want it to end.  As planned, I resisted the urge to find out the flavour!  Plus the sonographer was really arsy about it, saying "we haven't got time to go looking for that" - charming!  We saw the consultant afterwards though and he was concerned that I might go into early labour as I have a bicornuate uterus, and the baby might run out of room.  It's such a worry now and there's absolutely nothing I can do.  So trying to stay positive and hope it won't come to that.  God, wish I could just have a straightforward pregnancy! xx

#22 ·
bellebaby- lovely you are going for the surprise. i loved the not knowing. look after yourself and don;t work too hard.

maisie was our fav name but when she  was born she didn't look like a maisie. erin was not even mentioned before. i also love amelia-  so cute. i teach an ethan and he is hard work but a lovely name. our boys name was harri.

as for the heartburn, they say heartburn means a baby with lots of hair- very true for me!!!! only thing that helped was swigs of gaviscon regularly. i even took it when i went to the loo in the night to try to stop it. the mint one is more bearable than the licorice. you wait till you get piles lol

time to try to put erin to bed.

julsxx

#23 ·
Lol piles

Juls shall we sort a meet up for a couple of weeks time?

Loving the names girls. We only had a boys name which was kane, my dh wouldn't discuss girls names yet tyler was my first choice and she was named at 2 days old, we didn't plan on any middle names but may went so well cause she ended up being born in may and its my grandmothers middle name

#24 ·
Helen, Yeah it will be nice growing up together, I'm a twin and loved growing up with my sister, I always wanted twins :) All the best for your appointment on Thursday xxx

Bellebaby, welcome back! Yup, I'm getting married a week today! This time next week I will be having my hair done :) I can't wait! Glad that your scan went well, I can remember the relief after my 20 week scan, shame about the sonographer being a bit arsy with you though. What's bicornuate uterus? Try to not worry, try to enjoy every moment xxx

Juls, I've never heard that before about heartburn!

Kara, tyler may really does have a nice ring to it. We've decided to give our girls the same middle name, my mums name (RIP) and DP's mums name :)

#25 ·
God I am so annoyed, sorry for the rant but need somewhere to get this off my chest. My sister is the biggest pain in the butt ever, she doesn't seem to care that I am pregnant and continuously stresses me out and upsets me. The other day she came round mine to practise her hair for the wedding and she has these hair extensions which she dyed to match the colour of her hair & they absolutely stunk so much of hair dye that it really caught my throat and made me feel ill I told her she needed to wash them before wedding because I couldn't stand the smell and she has a go at me....saying I'm hormonal, I'm no fun anymore etc. Then today she said she is planning to go to college after my wedding so would need to leave around 4/430ish, when the other day she was talking about quitting college but all of a sudden her college course is more important than her sister getting married.....so annoyed could break something.......and calm :(

#26 ·
Jules- so agree about the gaviscon , got it on stand by at all times :) lol piles hoping I won't be able to comment on this ;-) xx

Belle- glad your scan went well , I was the Same it such a relief when they said she looked fine. The woman that scanned me was a right cow aswell , the baby was laying in a awkward position and she was huffing and complaining through the whole thing , dp said she really spoilt it for him!!xx

Em- oh Hun try not to let her stress u out ! The only important people on Ur wedding are u and Ur dp. If she wants to be that unsupportive to u then leave her! She will be the one that regrets upsetting u Hun , I'm sure when. The day comes she'll stay and not go back to college xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.