* Author Topic: Icsi#3, please be third time lucky!! BFP BFP BFP  (Read 7102 times)

0 Members

Offline emabee100

modify
Re: Icsi#3, please be third time lucky!!
« Reply #10 on: 10/02/12, 17:25 »
day 6 (4th day of injection)
feeling quite good and positive, I think the hypnosis cd is actually helping me stay calmn,would definately recommend to anyone going through an ivf/icsi cycle. Feel like I'm 'aware' of my ovaries but nothing else really to report, I start the second injection tomorrow which I believe stops ovulation from occuring.
Going to have a nice chilled weekend. Me and DH are going for a meal with a a couple of our friends tomorrow and going shopping with my mum. Counting down the days, I've never wished time away so quickly but I'm also looking foreward to my 2 week off work which I've planned., just 1 week left at work. Planning on having lots of me time and hoping the 2 week wait will not be as tortureous this time!!!
love me x

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #11 on: 12/02/12, 10:39 »
day 8
Hello again, now on the cerotide injection (2nd day) this morning, I think I'm a bit allergic to this one, my tummy becomes itchy and red with hive type blotches around the injection site, it goes after an hour though. This injection used to be pre filled but now I need to mix it up, its quite fiddley and when your doing it first thing in a morning it isn't easy and I'm a nurse. I think the clinics should be making things easier for us not harder, I think for women who aren't used to dealing with needles this could really be quite stressfull.... rant over!
Still 'feeling' my ovaries, doesn't feel painful but they keep twictching and reminding me they're there. I'm trying to not read too much on the internet as it's causing me to stress about things. I'm just going to focus on my own diary and nothing else, I think the internet is amazing for some things but the information varies so much I think it just causes confusion and stress sometimes. I'm still feeling ok in myself, no major mood swings, I think I'm actually feeling quite good as the 'hope' is back that this time our treatment could work! I hope this PMA continues  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #12 on: 14/02/12, 17:58 »
day 10
had my scan and bloods checked. Apparently I have 13 eggs (not sure what happened to the other 3 maybe they were hiding) and I am almost ready for collection, they have said it will be friday or saturday. They want me to go through in the morning for another scan and blood tests as they think otherwise it would be too long to leave me until friday or saturday? Just going to do as I'm told!!Hoping and praying to anyone whos listening that it works this time, I've been so positive and done everything by the book and so far everything seems to be going as planned, but I suppose it all depends on the little embryos and that they stick with me this time!!! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!! Typically everyone at work is suddenly declaring they are pregnant (maybe not everyone but it feels like it!)... very annoying!!!feeling like I am carrying little lead weights around with me, not too long to wait though now! got to have two more doses of gonal f and ceretide. Feel like I'm coping so far okay, doubts are starting to creep in but I'm trying my best to push them away,
thats all for now xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #13 on: 15/02/12, 18:12 »
day 11
Egg collection is saturday. Apparently I had 3 which were the right size (16mm and 17mm) but about 9-10 which were quite a bit smaller. The nurse scanning thought egg collection should be friday but I asked if maybe an extra day would be better to let the others catch up. She said that she wouldn't want the 3 that were big enough to be 'over' mature but that they would discuss it with the dr, anyway apparently saturday is fine so that gives them little ones a couple of days to get there act together!! Also it means me and dh don't have to mess work around so also another little bonus!! feeling a mixture of emotions at the minute, feeling excited and positive but obviously scared too. I feel like I'm really greedy saying this and that I should be grateful with what I've got... but I'm hoping we get one or 2 to freeze aswell as 2 going back this time!! I know I'm aiming high but a lot of time, effort and money has gone into this cycle and if it doesn't work at least we have another shot!! Please god let it work this time, feel like I need some 'relaxing time' so going to run the bath, light some candles and put some eva cassidy on!! xxxxxxxx

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #14 on: 18/02/12, 15:42 »
Had egg collection today, 9 eggs were collected. I'm hoping and praying they are really good eggs and all fertilise, fingers and toes well and truely crossed. ec went okay, the staff were lovely especially the surgeon who collected my eggs. He kept trying his best to find as many eggs as possible, there were long periods of time all I heard were 'cells cells cells' it was such a relief when they finally got the eggs, one follicle actually had 2 eggs inside!! I kept saying please keep looking, I think they are hiding, he proberbly thought I was a bit loopy! I felt quite relaxed during the procedure, definately not painless but better than I anticipated and I still think that the nk cell biopsy is more pinful than egg collection, they should definately give you the same drugs for that procedure!
So at the moment I'm chilling on the sofa with a microwavable animal warming my tummy, going to have a day doing nothing and me and dh are going to treat ourselves to a curry tonight. Will get a call in the morning to say how my lovely embryos are doing, hoping they are nice strong embies pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wish me luck please

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #15 on: 19/02/12, 07:33 »
Waiting nervously for the call to see how many have fertilised, think I'm more scared now than what I was waiting for egg collection... The not knowing is so hard. Tummy is still feeling a bit tender after egg collection but not bad really! Hope our embies are developing nicely!!!! Xx

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #16 on: 19/02/12, 09:40 »
6 eggs have fertilised, I feels so nervous and panicy all of a sudden, it was so much easier when the eggs were inside me to stay calm, When the embryologist phoned I couldn't think of anything to ask, my mind completely went blank. She said they looked completely normal for day 1 so that sounds promising but I know the numbers of embryos will start to dwindle over the next few days. I need to get my mojo back!! I feel like unless I get two blastocysts back its not going to work so I know I've set my sights and hopes high and I just feel like if they don't get to that stage I'm going to feel defeated.These next few days are going to be very very hard!!!! I know I should take my own advise IT ONLY TAKES ONE!!!!

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #17 on: 20/02/12, 09:46 »
6 embies still with us, yipeeeeeeeeeeee!! feel so relieved, waiting for the call is awful, just need them to keep strong until thursday, the embryologist says they are aiming for blastocyst, so really hoping they can make it until then. When I asked about quality she said 4 were good and 2 not quite as good, I should maybe have asked for grade etc but that was a good enough answer for today, my hope is restored for today. Please let us be third time lucky this time please please please!!!!

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #18 on: 21/02/12, 09:41 »
day 3 post eggs collection... still have 6 embryos, I'm over the moon I could cry! they must be tough little cookies, I read (on google somewhere) that you can loose 60-70% between now and day 5 (which is when they are going to transfer) but at least with 6 it means I have a good chance of getting two blastcysts, anything more would be a huge bonus!! can relax a little now, thank you thank you. I know I still have some hurdles to overcome but right now I'm just going to enjoy the fact that for once somethings going my way...maybe all the accupuncture, hypnosis, Chicken soup!, vitamins etc etc have helped my little eggs be strong afterall.
Going to go and spend some time with my mum today. I'm trying to distract myself but finding it difficult to think of anything else apart from my embryos, please stay strong in that little petri dish! xxx

Offline emabee100

modify
« Reply #19 on: 21/02/12, 09:53 »
just wanted to recommend the hypnosis cd I have been listening to, its really good and has definately helped me stay calm this time compared to my previous cycles its called The IVF Belief CD - Hypnosis and visualisations for a relaxed and positive IVF treatment cycle (Belief Bump Baby) by Helen McPherson. I have let my friend borrow it and she has also found it really helpful, it gets you to visulaise whats happening to you and it is split into different stages such leading up to treatment, stimulating the eggs and after egg collection.xxx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal