* Author Topic: Twin Mums Chat 1-2 Years - Part 9  (Read 88310 times)

0 Members

Offline karenanna

• Volunteer
modify
Re: Twin Mums Chat 1-2 Years - Part 9
« Reply #660 on: 25/04/12, 21:40 »
Lindz - will investigate definitely

Molly - It may be worth PM'ing MrsB (Was MrsB to Be) - I seem to remember her having a similar issue and having to go down the controlled crying route in the end (apologies if I have misremembered).

VEC - Thanks I can now send PMs from the ipad  ;D ;D

BB - Cover for the pebbles and have the parents area near the door (chairs etc...) to stop errant twins - often the parents area/seats are in the opposite corner at these things

PompeyD - Met a lady yesterday in Sainsburys whose twins didn't walk until 22/23 months - you wouldn't know it now. She said it was really frustrating, as they would do 2/3 steps between furniture and it seemed to go on endlessly. Believe me, they could run about now.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

KA xxx

Offline crunchie

modify
« Reply #661 on: 26/04/12, 20:56 »
Molly - I've always found it best to decide how you want things to be long term then be consistent with how you approach things - if you try different tactics he may have realised he can call the shots!  When we first moved ours into their own room DS struggled to settle a bit so we gave him a cuddly elephant with a blanket attached.  For a long time he would wake up sometimes and we would just go in, give him his elephant and leave.  It worked, and it still happens occasionally (although often simply because he's lost it somewhere in the cot and can't be bothered to open his eyes to find it...)  Not sure if this helps at all!

BB - I'd agree with KA about the playgroup - those tree bases need covering somehow and they really ought to have a way of stopping the children going in and out of the doors.  It doesn't sound like a very suitable location for a toddler group!  If all else fails I'd just plonk yourself by the pots and keep redirecting!

I have a bit of cabin fever, haven't left the house since Monday, except to take Max to the drs!  He's getting much better and is eating a little bit.  But some quite unusual things - last night at tea time he had some chips and asparagus and tonight he's had broccoli and yorkshire pudding  :o   I suppose his body is probably telling him what he needs - he had some chicken at lunch time and some yogurt, and some porridge at breakfast too.  I can't wait to get out of the house though, it wouldn't be so bad if it would stop raining and we could go out in the garden for a bit!

Offline karenanna

• Volunteer
modify
« Reply #662 on: 26/04/12, 21:24 »
Crunchie - this rain is awful - we had funny eating habits after the slapped cheek - sweetcorn and raisins!

Mollie - meant to say, you could also try the baby whisperer approach. Staying in room and gradually withdrawing. Sam loves nothing better than to come in with us, particularly when we have allowed whilst unwell - sometimes being a bit firmer when he is better for a night means he then settles, but it is a difficult call. dH much stricter than me but he has them all day too!

KA xxx

Offline molly1966

• Gold Member
  • TTC for 3 years
modify
« Reply #663 on: 27/04/12, 13:23 »
Crunchie and Karennana, thanks for your replies. I think we have tried too many different things with L and perhaps thats where the problem lies now. He has gotten used to being rocked and shushed and even that isn't doing it anymore. He might just have insomnia :(  To make matters worse he fell out of his buggy and has afew cuts and scrapes on his forehead, so for now its back to cuddles whenever he needs them. Poor thing, its strange because he seems so lively and happy during the day!
x Molly

Offline karenanna

• Volunteer
modify
« Reply #664 on: 27/04/12, 18:23 »
Molly - it could be some sort of separation anxiety?

KA xxx

modify
« Reply #665 on: 27/04/12, 22:22 »
Molly -  KA was right, we did cc about same age as yours as mine used to wake 3/4 times a night each and i was exhausted. Mine would bf back to sleep and hadn't learned to self settle. It worked for us but it isn't for everyone. Maybe try the gentler baby whisperer method first especially if he is needing reassurance, could be separation anxiety like ka suggests?

We have 2 poorly girls here, high temps, snotty noses and disturbed sleep, nursery said it may be chicken pox? Dh away til mon on golf trip - wish me luck! I was up with them til midnight then 4-5 and then up at 6 to go to work, shattered!

modify
« Reply #666 on: 27/04/12, 22:25 »
Oh and terrible twos seem to be starting early too! They have started throwing paddys at their toys if they don't do what they want and if we try to help the toys get flung and toddler throws self on the floor! Any tips?

Offline Nequila

• Gold Member
  • Gabrielle & Scarlett born 09/07/2010
modify
« Reply #667 on: 27/04/12, 22:50 »
Mrs B my ladies are a similar age and I have one who tantrums too. Throws herself on the floor, very theatrical! Usually quickly distracted but am hoping it's not the terrible twos already. She has molars coming through so I'm hoping its just that.

Feel for you being up thru night & working too. That kills me. One of.my girls woke me  at 2am Tuesday morning as she had stripped.off sleepsuit and nappy and wet the bed (and carpet!)  Took till 4.30 to change everything and resettle her, then I had to drive to Leicester and back for a taxation training workshop!

As usual I have been reading and keeping up with the thread, but I only have time to post as dh & I had huge row about 6pm and not said a word to each other since. Currently he's sulking in our room, and I'm on the sofa. On the plus side I have control of the tv and the kitchen! (And alcohol!) Guess I'll be sleeping on the sofa tonight so will be shattered for work tomorrow. Wish he'd hang around long enough to argue properly and actually resolve the issues,but he just chucks toys out the pram and vanishes instead. If it wasn't for fact I am working all weekend then have a choir rehearsal Monday night and a Drs appt Wed & Thurs I would take the girls and go to my parents for a few days. Drs is for 12hr blood pressure monitor so timing couldn't be worse! Aagghh!!!!!!!

xx

Offline karenanna

• Volunteer
modify
« Reply #668 on: 28/04/12, 08:00 »
Nequila - hope you get things resolved with DH and the night on the sofa wasn't too uncomfy

MrsB - Sam loves to do the throwing on the floor thing. I do a mixture of the following: try and prevent the frustration in the first place(usually happens from tiredness, being hungry or thirsty or jealousy of his brother or to get a toy off his brother), distraction or sometimes just ignoring it and getting on. Hope you recover from your night ok - sounds tough xxx

Sam unsettled last night with his teeth and grumpy this morning, also chewing his fingers a lot. He really wanted his dummy, but he now knows he only has it for sleep, so usually gives it straight to me when he wakes up.

KA xxx

PS why do they always wake up earlier on a Saturday?? Yesterday 6.50am today 6.05 - think they do it on purpose!

Offline molly1966

• Gold Member
  • TTC for 3 years
modify
« Reply #669 on: 28/04/12, 18:23 »
KA and Mrs B, thanks for your tips. I've ordered the Baby Whisperer sleep book - fingers crossed it works!
x Molly

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal