* Author Topic: Twins and More Bumps Chat - Part 53  (Read 42042 times)

0 Members

Offline karenanna

• Volunteer
modify
Re: Twins and More Bumps Chat - Part 53
« Reply #100 on: 5/02/12, 15:51 »
Emnige - just to say, you don't have to start your mat leave if you get signed off. I was signed off at a similar stage but leave did not start until the original 34 weeks I'd booked. It just gives you a few more weeks later with the babes. Hope all goes well with injections - I had them too at similar stage.

KA xxx

Offline jaxxs

• ever upwards
modify
« Reply #101 on: 5/02/12, 17:15 »
Hi everyone, thankyou all for your kind words, I am feeling better today am focusing on little Lefty who is doing so well. Hopefully I will be able to relax after the Nuchal scan on Tues.
Meeps, I am also on Asprin and Heparin until 35 weeks, for me it is because of APS. I agree it is the bruising that is off putting, I get worse bruises if I inject lower down on the tummy, less bruising near the belly button.
All the best to those who are close to their EDD
Jaxxs

Offline Emnige

• Chat Quiz Tournament Winner 2012 !
  • Gold Member
  • ***TWIN MUMMY***
modify
« Reply #102 on: 5/02/12, 18:24 »
DH has worked very hard this weekend to get our nursery sorted, so here are a few pics :)

Offline Courgette

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #103 on: 6/02/12, 08:28 »
Emnige, what a lovely nursery, you must be very proud of DH  :)

Dellie, wishing you all the best for today  ^hugme^

Bambi, looks like you may hit the 38 week mark, what a star  :)

meeps x

Offline shellymay

• Gold Member
  • The sun is shining
modify
« Reply #104 on: 6/02/12, 09:36 »
Emnige - I love your nursery! What a wonderful husband you have. I showed my husband, so hopefully that should kick him into showing some sort of interest.

Meeps - I went to John Lewis on Saturday to look at baby stuff for the nursery and we landed up having a really good demonstration of the bugaboo donkey and the icandy peach blossom and the city select. DH and I drove them around the store like store like racing drivers, it was the first time we actually spoke to someone who really knew what he was talking about and he was only 20 years old. We have crossed out the icandy for two reasons - one, the bassinets (which we intend to use as moses baskets downstairs during the day) are really tiny and my husband are quite big people, so there is no way that would work for us and also, I don't really like the idea of one baby behind the other. The bugaboo is looking really good and we can take out child out if we leave the other one with one of us at home, as it reduces in size, but my word what a price tag!!!! Still confused, but leaning towards the bugaboo......I suppose it helps that most of our friends had them and raved abou them, but they of course only had the single - with a single price tage.

Meeps - I have been on clexane and asprin for literally about 6 months now. I went through phases of bruising and not bruising. I found the bio-oil helps a lot and I didn't bruise as much when I used it and it keeps your skin supple, else it is like trying to inject into rhino skin.

Dellie - Today is the day! Good Luck looking forward to hearing that everything went well and of course a piccie would be good too.

AFM - I have woken up sick today with a cold, not much fun. Not sure what meds I can take either and pointless to go to the doctor, as I will be lucky to get an appointment next week! So, back to bed for me, loads of honey and lemon tea.

Had my 20 week scan last week Friday, all looking good. Babies are big and are the same size as if they were singletons, my OB is talking about taking them out at 32 to 34 weeks, which is early that we originally planned with him, but I have placenta previa as well and he is worried about bleeding. Hopefully he knows what he is doing...... :-) - of course he does! LOL

Hope you are all well. Big shout out to anyone I have missed.

Mx

Offline Emnige

• Chat Quiz Tournament Winner 2012 !
  • Gold Member
  • ***TWIN MUMMY***
modify
« Reply #105 on: 6/02/12, 10:44 »
Dellie, good luck xxx

I have a quick question....I was wondering what you were all doing with regard to cot mobiles? I spent ages looking for one and still can't decide what one to get but I was also wondering will you be getting one or two?!

Thanks x

Offline shortie66

• Gold Member
  • My wonderful moo moo chops
modify
« Reply #106 on: 6/02/12, 11:35 »
Morning ladies  :)

Emnige loving your nursery pictures  :)  We are going for neutral lemon with sheepy border and curtains as not finding out the flavours.

Decided not to go for moses baskets I think as we will be having the bjcm complete with carrycots.  ;)

Sorry dont post much on here, not enough hours in the day to keep up with all threads I post on  ;D ;D

Online jules40:)x

• Gold Member
  • Can this really be true xx
modify
« Reply #107 on: 6/02/12, 12:13 »
Hi all, how exciting with so many so close - seems like an age away for me!

Emnige - lovely nursery pics I bet you can't wait to have your little babies in those cots :)   Is anyone considering the corner cot option?

we have the nuchal scan and blood tests on wedneday - we are having it done privately so we can get the results the same day.  Scary times!

I'm feeling a little rough, had backache, pain over one hip = guess just the extra weight!

Also I have painful (.)(.)'s which have been a lot worse over the last week!  I thought these things were supposed to get better around this time not worse!

Still happy everytime I touch my tummy and can feel my little babies in there :)

Love to all

J xx

Offline quelle

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #108 on: 6/02/12, 14:18 »
Dellie - good luck for today, I hope all goes well...

Emnige - lovley nursery hun! :)

shortie - lovely to see you here and hear from you! :)

Had my 28 week growth scan and blood sugars, swabs etc. today. Test results will come back in a couple of days. Scan results look like now baby boy is kind of catching up on the baby girl, current weights are 1076 kg for girlie and 949 kg for boy... However femur lenght of the boy is short, like 3 weeks behind short :( The doc said since all other measurements are OK there is not much to worry it is pure genetics. I am glad all was well and the weights are good but slightly concerned, does that mean he will have short legs  ^scared^  ^idiot^ or is it indicative of a problem... Have any of you been told smt like this?

Love Q

Offline VEC

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #109 on: 6/02/12, 14:52 »
Dellie hope your babies have arrived and that you're all resting.  Look forward to your news.

Sorry am massively behind but hope everyone is well.  Quelle, if you've been told its nothing serious, then I'd take a lot of reassurance from that.  Easy to say, mind.  ^hugme^

Bambi, you're doing fab.  If you get to 41 weeks might you consider induction? ;D

Mx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal