* Author Topic: Twins and More Bumps Chat - Part 53  (Read 38841 times)

0 Members

Offline dellie22

modify
Re: Twins and More Bumps Chat - Part 53
« Reply #100 on: 2/02/12, 16:19 »
Emnige  ^hugme^
Dellie

Offline mrsc_81

• My Beautiful Boys And My Husband Are My Life
modify
« Reply #101 on: 2/02/12, 17:13 »
quelle - I think (fingers crossed) the bugaboo will be a great pram - have read some very good reviews and i went in to Mothercare about 5 times for demonstrations and to push it around before actually buying it, i like the fact it allows babies to be parent facing for as long as you chose (this was a big factor for me as apparently children's communicative skills are stimulated better when facing mum for longer - sure its probably just a case of individuality really but i want them facing me anyway so i can always keep an eye on them, also its quite good the way it can be turned in to a single pram for if one parent was taking just one baby out e.g. if the other was a bit poorly so staying at home etc).  For the price though it really should come with a free changing bag.... a diamond encrusted one  ;D ;D ;D It claims it can go over snow and sand  really easily too, which may be of use to you living in Istanbul (not sure if you are near to/visit the beach a lot but at least you know if you did the pram can function perfectly).  My husband and i are looking to move to Northern Cyprus later this year so I keep trying to justify getting the pram with little things like the above sand comment  ::)

Emnige  ^hugme^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ Sending you lots of love, you and your lovely babies will be fine, your consultant sounds like she is on the ball and is ensuring you are well looked after. Silly sonographer  ^bigbad^ It was not a 'me' post at all, you've every right to feel upset and shocked - I'd be the exact same  :-*

Offline quelle

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #102 on: 2/02/12, 17:38 »
msrc_81, love the comment on "diamond crusted" changing bag  ;D  ;D  ;D I live close the sea so sand is a good justification as any :) I try to justify it by telling myself it was the only one with the tweaks I wanted, car seat adoptable, parent facing etc and also the only one I could try out in person  :) So defo in the same line of thought with you there! I hope you enjoy moving to Northern Cyprus too!!!!!!

Emnige, as said in the other thread you have every right to feel worried hun and it is not a me post at all this is why we are here for to share the experience and the anxiety, massive hugs  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^ All will be alright hun, all will be alright...

Offline Emnige

• Chat Quiz Tournament Winner 2012 !
  • Gold Member
  • ***TWIN MUMMY***
modify
« Reply #103 on: 3/02/12, 09:27 »
Thanks for all your messages, I've decided to start my leave now so will be calling my boss after I've had my second injection today. Think it's time I rested up now x

Offline jaxxs

• ever upwards
modify
« Reply #104 on: 3/02/12, 17:24 »
Hello everyone, Thankyou for all the kind PM's some of you sent regarding my little twin that wasnt growing well. Unfortunately, my little baby on the right hand side didn't survive. It has been a very sad time for me as I was hoping all would be well this time around. My other baby ( little Lefty) is doing very well, bouncing and waving, and has had a little growth spurt. I am feeling very confused, as I am happy that Lefty is doing so well but am devastated at the loss of my other twin. I feel like I am letting them both down, I guess I will start to feel better soon and just need some time to come to terms with this change. I have my Nuchal scan on Tues so am hoping that will help me to feel more positive.

Emnige, Wishing you and your babies all the best for their up coming delivery, It looks like you will have some good care from your consultant.  ^hugme^  Not long now until you welcome them to the world.

love Jaxxs

Offline Starfishtigger

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #105 on: 3/02/12, 17:43 »
Jaxxs I am sorry to hear of your loss  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline dreamer86

modify
« Reply #106 on: 3/02/12, 19:18 »
jaxxs I am sorry for your loss and I  ^pray^ baby on left continues to grow well ^hugme^

Emnige sorry you have had a bit of a hard time,I hope all will go well for your delivery  ^hugme^

I am on my way out but will come back later to do some personals and tell you about my green poo!!! sorry for tmi :/

Offline shellymay

• Gold Member
  • The sun is shining
modify
« Reply #107 on: 3/02/12, 19:41 »

jaxxs - I was so sorry to hear your sad news. It's always a tough time no matter when you lose a baby.  ^hugme^ I can imagine you are struggling with the different emotions that you are feeling, which I imagine is not unusual in a situation like this. You haven't let anyone down, hun. :-) One of the things about this process that we go through, is that we think we are in control of every aspect of our pregnancies, but of course we are not.
I am thinking of you are sending you positive vibes and loads of virtual hugs.

It's been very interesting reading about the buggies, I have no idea what I am going to do and my husband keeps asking me which one I want, but really none of them stand out for me.... better sort myself out quick like.

I had my 20 week scan today and everything looks fine.

Mx

Offline Courgette

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #108 on: 4/02/12, 18:28 »
What a busy week on here ... hope everyone is well & happy  :)

Jaxxs ... you know already how sad I feel for you  ^hugme^ xx

Emnige ... so sorry about your horrible sonographer but it does seem that your consultant is doing a good job  :) Enjoy your time off now and take it easy ... it would seem that you will be meeting your babies very soon!

mrsc .. yes, I agree with you and Quelle about the very pricey Bugaboo Donkey!! We were given a demonstration last week and I do like all the things it can do .. very clever  :)

I'm a bit more like Shellymay when it comes to buggies and finding it quite tough! My favourite so far is the Nipper Out & About but I am struggling with the idea that tiny babies would still feel safe and secure in it? Once they're bigger, it's not a problem as this would be the ideal buggy for country walks which I intend to be doing lots of due to the size I will probably be!!

Thanks to KarT, gintarec and Spanner for all responding to my question about starting maternity leave! I have decided to leave in my 29th week as my job is very demanding and I am going to put myself first ... and I am the oldest on here too!!

Jules ... I hope things are going well after all the sadness losing your much loved dog  ^hugme^

Dreamer ... also hope you are feeling better and perhaps a little less tired  ^hugme^

Heavaar ... I don't share your symptoms but you definately have my sympathy  ^hugme^

Arya ... ouch, that sounds painful .. hope babies are behaving themselves and you're feeling a bit more comfortable!

Dellie ... what an experience at your scan!!! It will be lovely to meet your TWO babies on Monday ... wishing you all the very best  ^hugme^

Bambi ... are you still with us?? I am in awe of you for carrying your babies for so long and it is exactly what I would wish for. I have been watching OBEM and find it really fascinating to share the experiences of others ... would love to see a twin birth though, especially a natural one!

tw4bb ... congratulations on Team Blue  ^blueted^ ^blueted^

Hi to Ktcuddles, Prudence, SuzQ, VictoriaC and all the  others I have probably missed

AFM ...has anyone else been put on clexane and aspirin in order to help reduce the chances of developing pre-eclampsia? I have no symptoms and am feeling great but the consultant thought it would be a good idea.

meeps x

Offline quelle

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #109 on: 4/02/12, 19:29 »
Meeps I am aspirin and fraxiparine - same stuff as claxene but made by Glaxo. I have been on those two cince ET but told to stop aspirin on week 34 and keep up with fraxi until birth. The reason is I am MTFHR hetero but I also been told if babies are a bit behind consultants prescribe blood thinners, makes sense for reducing bliod pressure too...

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal