* Author Topic: ARGC - Pregnancy & Parenting After Infertility pt4  (Read 47459 times)

0 Members

Offline lucyloo12

• Gold Member
modify
Re: ARGC - Pregnancy & Parenting After Infertility pt4
« Reply #370 on: 16/04/12, 15:31 »
Nikki - I for one think you are making a VERY wise decision.
As one of the many for whom induction ended in a C section, I feel very very strongly that the induction, and the speed my labour came on as a result of it, had a huge part to play in me ending up with a section.
I do know of plenty of natural birth stories where they have been induced, but I think you are making the right choice to give it a bit more time, get a sweep done, see what the next week or so brings.  If it ends up that the only option is induction, then so be it, but it makes sense to give things a bit longer. 
Take care, xxxxx

Offline nikki76

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #371 on: 16/04/12, 16:03 »
Oneday, Luce thank u lovelies!

Luce I'll give it one more week and see how it goes. I've never had a sweep before, does it hurt?

Oneday I think because my cervix has already softened that my consultant offered it to me and i jumped at the opportunity to c my boy! I am seeing him privately so I think the policies r a bit different in that case
What natural methods do u mean? I know people say about  ^hump^ but we haven't had this before ivf and now that baby is big it just doesn't feel right!! I have long walks once a day but not sure it does anything!

Offline lucyloo12

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #372 on: 16/04/12, 16:12 »
Depends which old wives tales you listen to!
Sperm is meant to be the best thing for starting labour.  If you can't bear to do it the conventional way, get him to do it into a pot, leave it 5 mins, draw it into a syringe (I bet you have some still) and pop it up that way! 
Lots of walking is good, as well as climbing stairs.  Swimming (or eve just floating in pool) is good too, takes away the weight when in the water then can get things moving down when u get out.  Pineapple (fresh) and curries (and other spicy food) are meant to be good too.
Sweeps...It depends entirely on the skill/approach/hand size (!) of the person doing it.  It is worth a try.  Yes, it's a bit uncomfortable, but over in 2 mins and worth it if it does the trick.
xxx

Offline Bubblicious

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #373 on: 16/04/12, 16:47 »
Nikki, thanks for asking but the cold is not getting any better and the aircon in the office is causing almost totally blocked nostrils; not nice when you also have a baby pushing on your lungs, too.  I'm struggling for breath.  But hopefully, I'll be on the mend soon. 

I was not induced until two weeks after my due date and I went on to have a natural-ish birth with the help of forceps but there is evidence that more invention is needed with induced labours.  I'm also at Queen's Charlotte this time and noticed in my notes that they will let you go longer there with weekly monitoring something that was not an option at Ealing where I had DS.  Hopefully, your boy will not keep you waiting too much longer.

OneDay, how lovely to see a smile.  Hope George follows suit soon.  Perhaps he was just a bit grumpier than Harriet yesterday  :).

Keep well all.  Seems like there's a lot of colds and coughs going around at the moment so look after yourselves.

Offline Hope71

modify
« Reply #374 on: 16/04/12, 19:19 »
Nikki, I think that I would be with you on this one and leave things a little while longer before being induced. Look forward to hearing more news.

Oneday - must have been magical to see Harriet smile, they do say that girls are more advanced than boys  ;D

Creina, hope your toilet problem gets sorted out soon. Oh, the glamour of it all!

ShelleyMay - how are you doing hun? Hope you haven't have to had anymore hospital visits. I have been reading your posts with interest as at 20wk scan they said I have a low lying placenta which may move of it's own accord or may not & will be scanned again at 28wks. Have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will end up having a c-section.

AFM - things are ticking along, just cannot believe where the time is going, work is pretty full on as well and now find myself in a hotel in Leeds for a 2 day meeting. I have told my boss that this will be the last trip I do and will start to work from home a couple of days a week, it's the tiredness that does me in and have realised I cannot walk as fast as I used to and I am so over going up stairs! We have booked a little holiday and will be heading off to Avignon for 5 days in a couple of weeks time & I cannot wait, we are going by train as cannot face the hassle of flying. DH is trying to convince me that we need a new car & thinks I am in denial, he is certain will not get a double buggy in the boot, but I love my car and definately had not budgeted for this. Anyone got any tips on twin-friendly cars??

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

xx

Offline nikki76

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #375 on: 17/04/12, 10:38 »
Girls thank u so much for sharing ur experiences/thoughts, they helped massively!!

Luce I might try the sperm trick, to be honest I am scared to put anything down there, but I might give it a go..I am so bad with walking and exercising it's unbelievable.. After 38 weeks I became extremely unfit can't walk can't do stairs, yoga nothing!! Anything I do makes me feel more heavy and it just hurts!!!

Bubbs really glad u r at the charlottes as well, it's quite good isn't it?   I kno what u mean about those bloody work air cons, I had the same problem too! R u sitting directly under it, can u change desk? Can u complain? Whn r u planning to stop work?

Hope well done girl for booking a holiday,.... I'd give anything to have one now!

Offline eeyore11

modify
« Reply #376 on: 17/04/12, 11:14 »
hey girls!!!

not sure if you remb me!! but i have been coming on here now and again and following all your progress! just been very busy to keep in touch! we have re done all our house and 1000 other things!!! lol!

firstly a massive congrats to oneday! and to kezza!!!!!! very excited and happy for you guys!!!

nikki u seem to be next hun!!

i am due to have a c section at 37weeks (next thursday. its the 26th!) i am feeling nervous yet excited! reasoning for a c section then and not at 38ish like they would normally, is becuase for the last month , my twins seemed to have slowed down in growth! still growing but slowed down :-/ they are still healthy and shouldnt spend time in special unit (fingers crossed!!)

anyways big hugs to everyone!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline shellymay

• Gold Member
  • The sun is shining
modify
« Reply #377 on: 17/04/12, 17:15 »
eeyore - of course we remember you! Sillybilly.... really pleased to read that everything is going well with you.
Very exciting to hear you are due next Thursday - fingers crossed everything goes really well for you, hun.

Hope - I can't actually remember the last time that I wrote on here. I have been in hospital 3 times. The last twice was at 28 weeks (for four days) and 29 weeks (for 2 days) They did say that if I bleed again that I will be kept in until I deliver. I honestly can't do that, after 4 days I was ready to climb the wall and was so depressed, so the last time I made the let me go home. It's taken me a long time, but I have to keep reminding myself that I make the decisions and the health carers merely give their best opinions. Although the way they talk to you, you would think that they make the decisions and we don't have brains. I realised this when I went in the last time and the registrar told me I had to have steroids and he was going to c-section me in 48 hours - I was 28 weeks pregnant. I completely lost it and demanded to speak to someone more senior - a consultant. When the consultant arrived she completely agreed with me (there were no indications that I needed a c-section in 48 hrs)........go figure. Talk about feeling like a number rather than an individual.

The NHS only diagnose placenta previa at 28 weeks and even then they tell you it could move and it could. It depends on how bad it is. The NHS still use the grading 1-4 (4 been the worst) but the private sector has moved away from this and call it major and minor. My placenta hasn't moved an inch since 12 weeks. I am now 31 weeks and the NHS still won't diagnose me and still tell me it will move even after 3 bleeds - I just say to them now, I think we both know that, that isn't true.... :-)

But a low lying placenta indicates that it isn't across the cervix, try and get this information from the sonographer next time you go. Then you will know where you actually stand. There is a placenta previa thread on here:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=243452.0
and of course the green top at:
http://www.rcog.org.uk/womens-health/clinical-guidance/placenta-praevia-and-placenta-praevia-accreta-diagnosis-and-manageme

The nursery is almost ready and I would say that I am ready to go.... so now just waiting. We are hoping now to get to 35 weeks, but I also have a high chance of pre-eclampsia, so I am been tested twice a week. If it all kicks off, I will have the babies out immediately - which at 31 weeks this week, would be an OK result, although personally 34 weeks is my target.

Kezza, I can't actually believe that you have had your baby. Congratulations to you and to Oneday!  ^chilli^

I hope you are all well, I think of you all often and of course I am always, always reading what is going on.

Mxx

Offline Hope71

modify
« Reply #378 on: 17/04/12, 18:11 »
ShellyMay - Good to hear from you and glad you are home. I can imagine how scary it must have been when they said they were going to do a c-section at 28 weeks & good for you for sticking to your guns on this. Hope the pre-eclampsia stays away and you get to keep hold of those bubbs a bit longer.

eeyore11 - not long to go now & you get to meet your babies. My consultant told me he wouldn't normally let me go beyond 37 weeks, so am sure they will both be just fine. Look forward to hearing your news.

Much love to all the rest of the ladies.

xxx

Offline eeyore11

modify
« Reply #379 on: 18/04/12, 07:28 »
michelle - hello hunni!!! thank you very much! i shall keep you all informed!! i am so sorry to hear you have been having all these scares with yout placenta previa!! at least it does seem like you are being looked after and testing you for pre e twice a week just in case etc! i think u will reach 34weeks hun:-)
does placenta previa mean that theres a chance of them coming early? sorry if should know this!!
other than that how are you feeling? bet u are happy nursery is nearly done :-) i was so happy when ours was done!!!!! i have had my bags packed for weeks now but i hadnt put the baby clothes in as i wasnt sure what to take! but me and my mum (she came yesterday from spain) will do it today:) then they will be fully done! too excited!!!!!!! 8 days left!!

hope - thanks very much! i will let u know how it goes! i must admit even though i am VERY excited to meet them and i know its best for them to be out according to doctor as their growth has been up and done the last 5 weeks, i am a little sad that i wont get leave them until they are ready themselves to come out, if that makes sense! they going to be so shocked when they get pulled out :-/ ah well if its best for them an they are healthy then its all ok i guess :-)

hope everyone else is doing great!!!!!!!!! in a few months there will be so many mummies on this board! :-)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal