* Author Topic: First Time IVF Thread ~ Starting treatment Feb/Mar 2012  (Read 51885 times)

0 Members

Offline CaroleMartin

Hi All

Welcome Staceyemma and Silliestsauage, Its a great bunch of girls here with great help and advice.

Silliestsausage- Sorry to hear you had such a rough time ^hugme^ but fingers cross that everything goes well for you on your up and coming dates. EC does sound scary. Im not at that stage yet so will take my time in looking into it or i should just admit im too scared to. lol

Danni - Thanks, Its giving me more of an idea with dates now and to calculate roughly when things will happen.  Glad everything went well today, getting so much more exciting now.  Also collecting your wedding rings is just as exciting as the journey we are going through. May is a lovely month for a wedding but maybe im biased because me and dh also got married in may 7 happy years ago. :)   

Doofuz - Thanks for the support and advice. Its great that you have all your dates all lined up. Hopefully i'll get mines on my next appointment.  You have some great dietary advice and will definitely try out the peppermint tea, pineapple juice and switch over to drinking redbush.

Yankee - Hopefully work will stay supportive. This is stressfull enough without having to worry about work.

Jvdb - Ohhh i get a treatment plan to take away - thats good it seems more real when we have it in our hands and ill be exactly like you ill no put it down. Looks like my dh ears will be bursting with info from me  :)

Longing4baby - Im like you i drink loads of tea but Doofuz recommends redbush which is better for you than decaf.

Thanks again girls for all your stories and advice and will be looking forward to hearing from yous

carole xx

Offline CaroleMartin

Hi jblox

Thats crazy we are in the same day, my appoint is at 9.10.

Your dh will only have blood taken on the day same as yourself and remember to take both your photo id along with you. You will also get a load of consent forms for both of you to take away to fill in as much as you can. Its quite alot to read and discuss. We filled in as much as we could but done most of it with the nurse on our next appointment.

We never got to meet any consultant just nurses and again like i mentioned it was to discuss consent forms and to get results back from your AMH result and hopefully they will be able to discuss what Protocol you'll  be in. I had a normal AMH level and was put onto Protocol 7 whatever that means. I shall keep you informed once i find out. lol

Hope this prepares you on what to expect as i was a little dissappointed as i expected to come home with my calender filled with dates on every stage of the ivf  ^idiot^

Carole xx

Offline Doofuz

longing4baby, I v+ oneborn and watched it last night, I knew what was going to happen as everyone was saying about it on facebook. My husband didn't though and was welling up, trying not to let me see, bless him. When she finally cried he says 'right, I'll make that tea now I know she's ok'! <3

milly, I think I might have had m+s lemon and ginger but at the moment I have Twinings, *might* run up there later to get a box, treat myself :D My redbush though is my vice, except, it's not a vice cos it's safe and totally decaf! Woohoo! :D

Carole, good luck with it all, if anything else I have found myself to feel an awful lot healthier, and that has to help somewhere. You should get all your dates on next appointment, it's nice to know how things are going to span out. My clinic gave me a diary sheet with all the dates on it and I highlight as I go and tick off days etc. If they don't give you one it might be handy to make one and put it on the fridge so you can refer to it. I can also take it down if family and friends come. :)

AFM - this morning I am just so glad it is Friday, it's amazing how I only work in the morning but find myself pooped by 4 if I don't relax when the kids go. It's the best day though, acupuncture this afternoon and I have a stamping party to go to (cardmaking, not just stamping) so a nice relaxing afternoon. Half term next week so I am planning on doing a mock 2ww in a way, pottering about and baking, doing the washing, walking etc. Got a mock pile of dvd's set up too, ha! :D

I seem to be bleeding a bit, after my period I just carried on spotting. It worries me a bit as I keep thinking it's my endo coming back but the last op was in November and I know it comes back quick for me normally but that would be a bit too quick. Am told it could be the womb lining as it gets thinner so am holding onto that and that my cycle won't be cancelled. We shall see. I went on a trip to Holland and Barratt yesterday to get some more vitamins, and now take a total of 11 every morning. The magnesium is huuuuge! Hopefully do me some good, thank you to Yankee for that advice :) Have a good day all, will no doubt be popping on here every now and then today, not going out, far too cold! 

Offline TheYankee

Hi all.  Hope everyone is doing well on this snowy and cold morning.  I happily have a jeans day at work.

Door - enjoy the accupuncture and party!

Yesterday's appointment was rough.  My dummy ET was 1 hr 15 minutes late so I had to hold that water for far too long.  It was painful.  They did let me wee out 1/2 of a cup but it didn't really help.  The dummy ET went fine - no problems which is great.  The 3d SIS didn't go great...will have to get something inserted to make it easier to implant the embies.

Offline jblox78

• Gold Member
Wow Doofuz you must be rattling about haha!  11 pills!!  I just take my Pregnacare conception and my omegas - have cut down a bit as was taking a few other different ones while TTC naturally but they didn't seem to be doing much for me - will prob start back on some of them before treatment starts!  Tea wise I drink peppermint, raspberry leaf (but this is apparently only for pre ovulation / ET) and nettle with peppermint which is meant to be good for "blood building" - I have a book by Emma Cannon (The Baby Making Bible) which is full of holistic advice re acupuncture / nutrition / yoga / visualisation - she also recommends dandelion tea (not sure how that tastes!) during IVF as it's good for the liver and she highly recommends chicken soup made from homemade stock!

Carole - our appointment is at 9am so we will be there same time!  Our letter said first appointment would be with the nurse so I was kind of expecting to wait til the next appointment before finding our proper dates - that is 19th of March for us...

Yankee - glad your dummy ET went well - how did you pee half a cup?!  For me it's "once you pop you can't stop"!!

Jen xxx

Offline TheYankee

Jblox - all I have to say is thankd goodness for keigels!!!  And the fear of having to rebook!

Offline Silliest Sausage

Good morning ladies, how are you all?

Some great advice on here, and great to hear how you are all doing - and thank you for the welcome to the thread!!

I've been so tired the last few days, just want to get on with the Gonal F on Monday!!  Have agreed two weeks off with work from egg collection, so that's a weight off!

Off shopping tomorrow and getting in all the helpful foods, thinking pineapple juice, milk, brazil nuts.............any advise on other things I need to get are gratefully received!!!

I'm not a huge tea drinker, so not sure about the flavoured teas - what would you say is the easiest and nicest to drink??

Also, are there any books/cds/dvds that I should get at this stage??  I do relax generally easily though

Sorry for lack of personals..........am sneaking on at work!  Hope you are all well!
xx

Offline staceyemma

• Gold Member
  • Loving life as a yummy mummy ;)
Silliest sausage I too am sneaking on at work  ;D

Hello ladies!!! xx its nearly the weekend!  :)

Offline Doofuz

Yankee, glad your appointment went well other than having to wait so long for a wee! I know how that feels and I'm not looking forward to doing it again so well done.

Jblox, am currently reading Zita and this is what she recommends but what with multivitamin, it doesn't have all of them so had to restock. As I am veggie I am pretty sure I don't get all the nutrients I should so thought this would be the best thing, I am indeed rattling about, ha! The book sounds good, a bit like my Zita one, might have a look at it.

Silliest Sausage, I recommend redbush if you don't like fruity teas, it needs some getting used to, at first it tastes flowery but I am used to it now and it reminds me of normal tea. As for books, I have Zita West's guide to getting pregnant and it has a large section at the book about IVF, ICSI, IUI's etc and I find it very helpful. The cd is the Zita West cd, amazon had it for 15. it helps with visualisation as well as relaxing but if you are able to do this on your own then you may not need it.

Hello staceyemma! x

Offline TheYankee

Hi Silly and Stacey and Doof -  yay for it almost being the weekend!

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal