* Author Topic: Twin Chat 2-3 Years - Part 7  (Read 10588 times)

0 Members

Offline drownedgirl

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Twin Chat 2-3 Years - Part 7
« Reply #170 on: 4/03/12, 10:50 »
T was the Same when we went to a water park with slides and flumes. He declined to participate! M was gung Jo

Offline drownedgirl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #171 on: 4/03/12, 10:50 »
Gung ho even

Offline Avon Queen

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #172 on: 4/03/12, 10:55 »
Aq, remind me what you're seeking?

something i can strap them both into which isnt a side by side. i have 2 side by sides, one thats rubbish to steer (my mums) and my graco duosport (the wheels sometimes fall off on the bus). also 2 singles and a buggyboard (but im scared with busy roads and buggyboard)

i walk everywhere and bus regularly. only have car on weekends when dh here

issue being mine are now 3 and heavy but not able to walk long distances

Offline Avon Queen

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #173 on: 4/03/12, 11:01 »
dg - oh yes, T is gung ho!! He was doing the conga/limbo at our party, then dancing yesterday, and went and plonked himself down for pass the parcel  ;D

you are right, i just need to give him time, he is a sensitive little soul, L. he pretends to be cocky,but he so isnt. i just feel sad hes missing out. plenty of time to be miserable when hes an adult  ;D

i am starting to not look forward to the next party (end march) cause theres a bouncy castle and ball pit there  :o ;D ....if theres loud music as well, im buggered  ;D

Offline drownedgirl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #174 on: 4/03/12, 11:03 »
Tandems I had a Jane power twin (cost me 40) which was nice to push and a graco duo which cost me 50 and was very awkward.

A mclAren twin techno is light but wide. Nipper is a lovely buggy... But some bus drivers won't let it on. I would think about a Jane  (the 3 wheeler)

Offline Avon Queen

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #175 on: 4/03/12, 11:09 »
thanks i will have a look

ive checked and that costatto lite is max weight 15kg. which is 33lbs, which is 2.36 stones.

ive weighed the boys and tommy is nearly 3 stone, lucas about 2 and a half ish

so they are way too heavy for it  :'(  i should be a size 0 pushing over 5 stone about!! pity i make up for it in cake  ;D

Offline barnet girl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #176 on: 4/03/12, 11:24 »
Aq - my boys are similar, at the drama class we have started j was straight in there but O likes to sit on my knee and only join in certain bits.  I just make sure I encourage him to join in but with no pressure if he prefers to stay with me.

Must be hard having to walk everywhere and bus with the 2 of them. Personally I would just stick with your single and buggy board (and try to get them to take more turns), they need to practise walking or will never get any better and you will end up putting your back out. Keep a supply of bribes to encourage them (pound toys or food) or promises of what is at the end of the journey.

I drive most of the time but mine haven't used a buggy for over 6 months now, I have one speedy and one dawdleer (sp) and can prob walk about a mile without too much moaning.  Try practising on a weekend when there are 2 of you, go for a walk in the local park, you might actually be surprised how well they do.

Offline drownedgirl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #177 on: 4/03/12, 11:27 »
Aq: just agree a formula with l

'you can dance if you like or you can give me a cuddle'

Then you both know what the expectations are

Once t knew 'I can just stay in the little swimming pool if I like' he was quite happy and kept repeating it to himself.

They don't feel they are 'missing out' they look on it as doing as much as they choose

Offline drownedgirl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #178 on: 4/03/12, 11:28 »
Aq: with the wEight, I think bg might be right!

Offline Avon Queen

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #179 on: 4/03/12, 11:33 »
barnet girl - aww thanks, im just talking to dh about the fact that im pushing over 5 stone......ur right.

"they need to practise walking or will never get any better and you will end up putting your back out!" ;D  nice quote that  ;D  theyre only gonna get bigger arent they!  :o :o  i cant be still pushing them when they are 18  ;D

thats the key isnt it, no pressure. i think ive gotta be the same with PT as well, cause its L who wont do that too. give him some more time

Dg - the jane and that are nice but still fairly expensive on ebay. there always some flaw  ::)  I think i just scared myself on that busy road, think i will use the old side by side when i have to cross that one.

PAW - u havent been on for ages, im hoping you are alright  ^hugme^

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal