* Author Topic: Twin Chat 2-3 Years - Part 7  (Read 9493 times)

Offline peacelily

• Gold Member
  • No pictures please!
modify
Re: Twin Chat 2-3 Years - Part 7
« Reply #70 on: 22/02/12, 12:39 »
Barnet Girl...no help I'm afraid, I was amazed that our dog seemed to instantly know which were his toys, and that DS' toys were out of bounds  :-\  yours is a puppy though, isn't it?  Ours is 10 now.

Peacelily xx

Offline drownedgirl

• Gold Member
    • My blog
modify
« Reply #71 on: 22/02/12, 12:43 »
M gets cystitis if she drinks juice even

Offline Oranges

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #72 on: 22/02/12, 15:11 »
Barnet Girl, My dog isn't a pup and she steals toys.  She does it for attention-seeking, she runs right by me with the toy in her mouth and doesn't come back when she's called.  She wants me to play a game with her by chasing her around the house - the slippery little fish!  Then I end up giving her a biscuit to get her to drop the toy!  So now, not only is it a game, but she gets a biscuit at the end of it  ;D   Not ideal!
Some toys are never out the wash!
So probably it would be a good idea to try to nip it in the bud while your dog is still a pup.  I'd just say No to her sternly when you remove the toy from her mouth, and give her one of her own toys back and tell her Yes to that one .. or something like that  ::)
I wonder what Victoria would say!
xxx

Offline Spring Chick

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #73 on: 22/02/12, 19:13 »
I need to teachnmynkids not to steal the dogs toys  ;D  Ds takes my doggies fav squirrel and puts it places she can't reach like inside their toy kitchen. I will find her sat staring at the place it is stashed, waiting patiently for her chance to get it back. Like peacelilly's my dogs instantly knew. Only the occasional squinty bath toy has been confused.

Not sure what to think about dd. she has complained about being sore less this afternoon, and has not had a fever today, but she is still very grumpy and clingy. Just spent most of the last 2 hours with her on my nap. She eat No dinner too which is very rare.

On a more humorous note, has anyone found their son playing with himself? Ds took himself off today and I found him playing with it. Had a little hard on too. I decided to leave him to it. Then later this afternoon he went off and did it again. Dh said we should tell him off as we don't want him to keep doing it, but we don't want him to think is really really wrong iykwim? Oh dear, I though this was a teenage boy problem.

X

Offline Debz1965

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #74 on: 22/02/12, 20:39 »
Book marking

Offline barnet girl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #75 on: 22/02/12, 20:49 »
Yes my dog is now 10 months, he is brilliant with the boys (especially J who likes to put him in a head lock and kiss him) so I'm glad we got a puppy, BUT he will steal food out of their hands and chew anything he can get his paws on.  Unfortunately it's not attention seeking as he does it when no one is in the room and he knows it's wrong as as soon as he sees me he drops it and runs off.

He has loads of toys and a rawhide chew most days and plenty of food.  It's got too the point I can't leave any food on the side in the kitchen as he grabs it. His latest was taking a small loaf off the side and eating two thirds of it while I picked the boys up from nursery, he had chewed through the plastic at the top, the remains were in his basket.

Offline Spring Chick

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #76 on: 22/02/12, 21:21 »
My two dogs are 6 and 7 now. They would have chewed up ANYTHING  in the early days.
 In fact I just remembered my boy dog used to chew into walls! No really, straight into plasterboard.

X

Offline crunchie

modify
« Reply #77 on: 23/02/12, 08:44 »
Sorry to gatecrash!
SC - I'd try just distracting him and don't draw any attention to it at all - he'll soon lose interest in it (although I think boys never lose their fascination with their bits!  ;D )

Offline chocolate_teapot

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #78 on: 23/02/12, 09:38 »
SC - I wouldn't tell him off, just try and persuade him that it is not something we do outside the house.  ;D

Offline MrsK2

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #79 on: 23/02/12, 09:44 »
Quick question ~

PASSPORT PHOTOS!!!!
advise on passport photos for 2 year olds?????
How cAn I get them to sit still? So strict passport control r with pic aren't they ???
What top should I put on them?? Plain White is it?!?
Grrrrrrrrrr
X

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal