* Author Topic: Serum General Thread part 5 22/02/12 - 25/03/12  (Read 51561 times)

Offline waikiki

modify
Re: Serum General Thread part 5
« Reply #250 on: 28/02/12, 22:13 »
Hi ladies,

Sorry for not popping in sooner after my recent trip to Athens.  But before I start on that...

^hugme^ ^hugme^ Rosie, I'm so, so sorry hun.  I just wish there was something that we could say or do to make things better for you and DH.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

MP - wishing you lots and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for ET tomorrow.

Sorry that there are no more personals, but I haven't been able to read back too far, but am sending  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to everyone who needs them.

So, AFM there was good news and bad news.  The good news is that there wasn't too much dead tissue that had to be cut away during my hysto, and everything else there looked fine.  The bad news is that my scan showed that my ovaries had very few follicles and on balance Penny doesn't think that it would be worth trying to stimulate me.  So given the choice of trying IVF using just the one egg I would ovulate naturally with approx 20% chance of success or going to DE, with a heavy heart I told Penny that we'll go with DE.  Although we've already had DE tx before, Penny had given me real hope in our phone consultation that OE would still be an option due to my age, so realigning my expectations back to DE has been hard.

One thing I wanted to ask you ladies is whether Penny has told any of you that hidden C has caused the deterioration of your eggs?  I know the other issues that it can cause, but did not realise that it could actually have reduced my egg reserves.  Unless she meant that it had indirectly caused this due to my TNF levels being high for presumably quite a long time.  I know it makes no difference now why my ovaries are shot, but for my own sanity I just need to understand why so many of my eggs were gone by the time I was 30.

Also, Penny made no mention of letrozole or the e-tegrity test, even though I have had seven transfers with never a BFP - agate is this something I should check on with Penny?

^hugme^ waikiki 

Offline bethholm

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #251 on: 28/02/12, 22:21 »
Rosie-still thinking of you after your text this afternoon.DH feels for you both too.

Waikiki-lovely to see you on here.I felt the same when immediately after my last consultant had done the ET,he asked as I was putting on my knickers if I would consider DE.Big hugs.

Ekitten-sending you huge hugs sweetheart.I've been there too and it often hits you when you least expect it.

It's my birthday today and even IF invades that too with many cards stating this would be 'my year.' At 43 I have had 3 years of this and I'm still bl00dy waiting! I've been feeling really poorly for a week now,which is unusual and my acupuncturist said that my
pulses are all over the place as I'm so tired.  Sat on the stairs tonight and cried.I am tired of it all.

Also I reckon I've got a speeding ticket tonight too after doing 33mph in a 20mph, going downhill yards before a 40mph limit.Great.Have no money to pay the fine so I'll enjoy waiting for that to come through the post.Not.

Just a quick question to all you learned ladies- Peny has prescribed me triptorelin.I'm getting it from Serum.Maria said it could be doing with being refridgerated however then she said in another email that it isn't so sensitive.
I'm confused.Any advice much appreciated as I tend to worry about not storing meds properly and with IVF,you don't want to worry that you've messed up!Does it need to be kept cool and can it be posted to me maybe icepacked in the 24hr royal mail service and be ok?

B x

Love to you all.

B x

Offline agate

• half human, half peanut butter
  • Volunteer
    • make a donation for children's life saving surgery?
modify
« Reply #252 on: 28/02/12, 22:57 »
waikiki I think chlamydia infection can stir up immune activity - being a trigger for increased TNFa etc.   Anything that triggers autoimmune problems, I guess also raises the chance of autoimmune attack on the ovaries e.g., antiovarian antibodies.  sometimes if its just a TNFa problem, then egg quality and ovarian activity can recover once the immune system is suppressed, but I guess if the immune activity has been sustained and heavy, its not always reversible?

beth if its the stuff that is long acting, e.g., 3.75mg and higher, then its usually in powder plus dilutant form and I THINK it keeps for ages at up to 25 deg.  if its the 0.1mg ready mixed - I think it stores less well at room temp - but maybe its one of those that is ok provided you use it within a month or two?  I can't remember if there is 0.1mg that comes unmixed or not or whether its always ready mixed though.  If you are not sure - I don't see why you can't ask maria to confirm the storage instructions from the packet - after all they will probably be hard for you to check as the packet is probably in greek.  we don't have 0.1mg triptorelin available to buy in the UK so we can't look up the UK storage instructions.

Offline bethholm

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #253 on: 28/02/12, 23:07 »
Thanks Agate-it's the 0.1mg ones and Maria's advice was-

'it will be safe for the flight no worries ... yes it will be better if she could
wrapped it in an icepack..but in general it is not so sensitive...'

Do you think it'll be ok if it is wrapped around an icepack once back in the UK to send as a 24hr parcel? Also, Maria seemed ok to originally post it to me from Greece so surely it can't be that sensitive,say like for puregon or pregnyl?

B x

Offline melek73

modify
« Reply #254 on: 28/02/12, 23:21 »

e-kitten - hi i have the same fear of needles as you, i emailed the clinic and their reply was as long as its during their opening hours, then no probs....all the best xxx

Offline ekitten1

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #255 on: 28/02/12, 23:37 »
Thanks Melek. I just know that when it comes down to it, I won't be able to do it. Good luck for you too x x

Offline kittylover

modify
« Reply #256 on: 29/02/12, 00:04 »
AWW rosie, how awful for you! Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better.  kitty

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #257 on: 29/02/12, 03:49 »
Dear Serum Ladies,

I know I sometimes  sound like I am ungrateful for getting a postive when so many ladies crave seeing those 2 lines but you see I have no reason to feel happy when I see those 2 lines becaues they have only ever brought me pain and this is so again as I'm afraid I have to say that my bloods from today show a rise of only 5 to 116!!! I am so  heavy hearted and really really cannot do this anymore. I want to hit myself and DH is crying and sad. I have tried to keep hope but it has slapped me in the face too often and I am done!!!

I wish you all very much better luck than I have had.

Love Rosie xx

Oh Honey I'm so, so sorry.  I know exactly how it feels.  ^hugme^

I know there are no positives to take from it at this point and no words that can help.  ^hugme^  You've tried so, so hard and fought an absolutely stellar battle and, if nothing else, you should be so, so proud of yourself for everything you've fought through and survived.

My thoughts are with you and your DH. ^hugme^

xxx

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #258 on: 29/02/12, 05:01 »
 What utterly crazy weather here!   ^idiot^  Walked home from dinner last night in the snow yet today it's going to be 12 degrees.  I think the moral of the story is to pack for any and all kinds of weather.

Sofagirl -  ^hugme^  Thanks for the support.  I felt really positive on my last cycle and I did get pg - BUT I also had a Serum hysto, extra immunes tx, weight loss, etc., etc., so I'm not sure whether my mindset really did have anything to do with it.... at least I hope not, as otherwise I'm ^censored^;D  Re: telling people how hurtful their comments are, I've tried that and they simply don't understand why.  Ultimately it's led to my retreat from all but very few close friends who will listen(ish).

Jen - with your mum's helpful comments, did she back it up with any positive advice on how NOT to be stressed?  In terms of telling people, I'm always here, and you've told me about it, so I'm happy to listen.  ^hugme^

CKay - Sounds like your GP has taken a great course in tactlessness.  For better or worse, I've never really spoken to my GP about it - just asked for the odd test/prescription.  Other than that, we've paid for tx privately which seems to have spared silly comments like that from the medical fraternity... and lol re: the dust thing.  My MIL sent me an article from the Daily Mail to say that Pregnacare could be the cure. I appreciate the sentiment but really.  After all these years and countless tests (plus the fact that I already do take a pre natal vitamin daily) Pregnacare is going to be the answer (especially when it contains iodine which aggravates Hashimoto's and thus exacerbates my immune response)?

FTL - it's hard isn't it?  One part of you is saying: take a break, get yourself back together, etc, while another part is saying: the clock's ticking... and get on with it, do it, get it all over and done with... and I simply can't get over your chemist making a comment like that.  I'd make a complaint to the GMC (or whoever their governing body is).  It is outrageous that they should pass any kind of comment on your drugs - whatever they're for.  I wonder if someone comes in with genital warts he'd say: 'Christ not again, how long are you going to keep this up for?!'  In terms of well wishing texts ^hugme^  Over the years I've removed myself from my social circle bit by bit.  Now I rarely go out (most of the time I can't drink due to tx anyway) and I can't plan anything because I don't know what's happening with tx.  It's yet another horrible side effect.  I used to be the life and soul, very sociable and always up for going out, having a laugh.  Now I don't see or speak to anyone and mainly stay indoors over the weekends, communicating only by e-mail/FB.  I'm hoping that one way or another, when it's all over, I'll be able to pick up some old friendships where they left off - but others are well and truly over.... and thank you so much for your support.  I hope to be able to return it when my cycle is over. ^hugme^

Summer - I remember you telling me about your boss.  Has he got any better yet or has he stopped talking to you about it?  ...and thank god for sites like FF that do remind us we're not alone. ^hugme^ Re: Amanda Holden, given her history, at a guess I'd say she probably does want to take time away from work - she may just be contractually obliged to keep working?

Lieve - I wish I could help but I don't really have any experience in that area.  I'm pleased that others can help. ^hugme^

Fee - I know exactly what you're saying re: positive thinking.  It's always such a helpful line and one my mum continually trots out.   My mum also made the fatal mistake during my last m/c of saying to me:  'You will make sure you don't have a drink won't you?  You will stay away from alcohol won't you?'   (this was because I'd told her I'd had 3 glasses of wine after the numbers initially dropped and I was told the pg was non viable.  However, they then doubled again then started rising slowly - which was an utter nightmare).  I initially ignored the comments as sheer stupidity on her her part but she kept pushing me and pushing me until I completely exploded at her as: a) I was feeling guilty enough for having had a drink after being told it hadn't worked the first time only to then subsequently be told it may have done so her comments just rubbed salt in the wound; and b) it drove home to me how little she understood any of what I've been through.  As if I'd jeopardise what little chance there may now be for the sake of a drink!  I was asking for her support not her judgement.  Anyway, *breathes*  when do you get to Athens? ;D

Nursejue - thanks for the luck.  I'll take whatever I can get. ;D  I hope things have settled down a bit for you and you're able to look at next steps. ^hugme^  Fantastic results on your weight loss - I know how hard it is.  Well done you!  :)

Sarahh - thanks for the positive vibes!  In terms of the weather - I didn't even bring a coat as I couldn't be bothered carrying it.  I'm paying for it now!  I'm wearing 3 T-Shirts and a jumper every day.... and LOL! Re: your additions to the: 'list of rubbish people say'.  Best of luck for perfectly doubling numbers on your next test.... and belated congratulations to you.  :)

Ekitten - thanks so much for the luck. :)  I can fully appreciate how nervous you are about going again so soon but I personally think that while you have the momentum going, you (in the generic sense) should capitalise on it.  It's what I've done on this cycle.  I'm going to take a few months break after it though (should it not work).  Re: the steroids, I'm on 10mg pred daily - and I also had the dex injection yesterday (which doesn't hurt at all) and I had an aquascan last week to potentially help with implantation so yep, you're in the same boat as others. ^hugme^

Waikiki - I'm pleased to hear your hysto went well but so sorry to hear about the donor issue.  ^hugme^  I know you have probably thought about doing a natural cycle and dismissed it as you would only get an egg or two with the cycle but it might be worth looking into as well as: a) it's cheaper; and b) you can do one every month and don't have to take a break from it, so while you may get more eggs on a stimulated cycle, you get more goes with natural ones.  Re: egg deterioration, it could be down to many things.  I've not heard that Hidden C does anything to them (and would guess that it doesn't as it is confined to the uterus and below).  However, age, AMH, FSH and endemetriosis (which I discovered yesterday that I may have) can all be contributors... and I'm not sure about the other stuff so hopefully Agate can help. ^hugme^

Beth - ^hugme^ Re your birthday disaster.  In terms of the refrigeration business, is there any way you can google a copy of the leaflet in English? It should tell you what temperature the drugs need to be stored at.  Someone was told the other day that menopur needs to be refrigerated but I know it doesn't (just kept below 25 degrees). I would check the box itself for you but alas my Greek isn't what it could be.

Melek - ^hugme^ Re: your fear of needles.  I don't know if it would help but you could try Emla cream (if you don't already).

Shamrock - I hope you're able to relax into being PUPO and that the 2ww is being kind to you.

...and hugs and love as always to the ever amazing Agate.

I hope I haven't missed anyone - my attention span is pretty rubbish this early in the morning.

Offline CKay

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #259 on: 29/02/12, 08:14 »
Rosie1K -  ^hugme^  I'm so sorry this is happening to you again.  Having had slow rising HCG too it is awful and for  felt worse than the process of IVF.  You go from one blood test to the next, then the scans begin.  ^hugme^  I'm so sorry for you and DH look after yourselves.

Beth-  ^hugme^  every Christmas card and birthday card I've had is the same as you 'this will be your year,' I feel your pain and like you am still waiting.....  One day I so hope it happens for us all.  Hope you sort the meds out.

Waikiki - check with Penny about what to try meds wise she will no doubt gt back to you very quickly.

Sarahh -  ;D ;D  so excited indeed I also feel your pain that's been said to me on each round!

ekitten - hope you sort the injections out - sounds like the clinic will do for you.

Mandypandy - pregnacare is the new magic ingredient then.  Hmmm I've been taking that for 6 years now am still waiting  :)

Fee - I kow that positive thinking will help somehow but for us ladies who are quite complicated it is more than that and goes on physical issues as well.  Then with people saying that you feel guilty on the days when you have a wobble.  Safe journey to Athens with the water  ;)

AFM - right better get off here and get ready for work have a good day all CK xxx

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal