* Author Topic: Serum General Thread part 5 22/02/12 - 25/03/12  (Read 63480 times)

0 Members

Offline Minxylarue

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Serum General Thread part 5
« Reply #370 on: 3/03/12, 03:50 »
Thanks for the welcomes ladies.

Just to add to the hotel thing.  I'm currently staying at the President.   I also got a call to my room from a bloke saying he was from Libya and did I want to meet him in the bar for a drink.  Freaked me out a bit as he was asking when my husband was arriving and stuff but fortunately no knocks on the door and no strange calls since.    Despite that, it does actually feel quite safe at the hotel.  There are a load of kids here on a school trip but fortuntely the hotel have given them their own floor  :)

Mx

Offline Elizzybeth

modify
« Reply #371 on: 3/03/12, 07:00 »
Good Morning - I'm having intralipids this morning (first time - hate iv's - so a bit nervous). Anyhow, anyone interested in going to the Acropolis?  I'm on my own this trip and would love a buddy!!  If so, pm me so we can meet up!!   It's been a tough trip so far - my luggage ended up in Geneva.  My room is freezing (hopefully getting repaired today).  Cab driver got seriously lost getting me here too but he was delightfully nice and honest!!  I'm so glad Eagle posted about mental attitude having little to do with BFP's and BFN's in her experience :D 

Elizzybeth

Offline AussieM

modify
« Reply #372 on: 3/03/12, 09:37 »
Well, it's been a really up and down week for me - literally. I bent over to pick up something and my back seized up, needless to say, after a week of trying to cope I've now ended up in hospital, the first public hospital was disastrous and the second private is heavenly, thank god! So while I have have been lying flat on my back whiling away my time catching up on all the serum news, some good news arrived for me too! penny emailed to say my hidden C sample arrived finally (sent priority post 4 days from Australia) only it took 33 days! Yay - she has it!
Also missed out on my long awaited for immunology appointment results, but Dr M was kind enough to phone consult the basics- high NK cells, treg cells out of whack and a whole help of other things to sort out. I am so excited that I finally have hard evidence as to why my last useless attempts in Spain were never going to work!
I'm also equally excited to be joining the throng of devout Penny and Serum followers.
Whilst I know there are no guarantees that I will get pregnant, I'm going to at least be confident that I've tried absolutely everything within our means to make it happen, and if it doesn't, I can be stronger for the journey and move on feeling proud of all we have done.

Good luck to all of you about to start your cycles, those in the dreaded 2ww and those who have made the decision that a little one already on this earth is eagerly awaiting the immense love and strength you have to give.

x Aussie

Offline PiePig

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #373 on: 3/03/12, 09:43 »
Sorry

another quick question. How quickly does Penny usually respond to emails?

Offline Myla

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #374 on: 3/03/12, 09:48 »
PiePig - in my experience sometimes the same day or usually the next day. Occasionally it takes a bit longer. I've only once sent her a reminder asking for info (after I heard nothing for 3 days).

Mx

Offline PiePig

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #375 on: 3/03/12, 10:03 »
Myla - thanks, she replied next day after my first email, but haven't had a reply from my 2nd one sent thurs...maybe i'll contact her again monday if nothing by then.

Offline sofagirl

modify
« Reply #376 on: 3/03/12, 10:04 »
I’ve missed so much on the thread this week, it’s going to take me a while to catch up … but just to say in the meantime to Rosie, that I'm really sorry for your devastating news.  I hope someone can give you some answers soon as to why this keeps happening to you, and I hope you’re looking after yourself especially well in the meantime.  I’ve been thinking of you lots this week.  Huge hugs xx

Elizzybeth – have you seen the March cyclers thread?  You might find it easier to find fellow sightseers on there?  (Link below.)  Also there’s a spreadsheet in my signature showing who’s currently in Athens – let me know if you’d like to be added … it may also make it easier for the others currently there to find you.  Good luck and I hope you find a buddy soon.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=280729.140

SG x

Offline Pinkminx

modify
« Reply #377 on: 3/03/12, 19:48 »
Hi Ladies Hope all's well I'm new here on the Serum thread it looks really busy here  :)  After 2 previous attempts with DE and finding issues with DP's sperm were deciding to go to Serum for DD Embryo Adoption. Spoke to Penny for the first time last night (she's cute)and been told it might be as soon as in 2 weeks so need to act fast lol Just waiting for meds to arrive. Looking at Hotels & Flights and will be travelling alone so would be nice is anyone will be going the same time although not sure exactly what dates yet but roughly 2 weeks.

Good Luck on your journeys ladies and looking forward to getting to know you!! (I'm sure there's a song in there somewhere)!!

Offline AussieM

modify
« Reply #378 on: 3/03/12, 19:56 »
Sofagirl has a really good spreadsheet at the very bottom of her signature that will shoe who will be there. Just click in the link.  ;)
Best of luck  ^reiki^

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqCNvpBGt150dG4yZ2x0cm5pc05TalNLWDVRcDFPQ1E#gid=0

This is the link I copied from her signature, hope it works  ^Cuddle^

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline minkey114

• Gold Member
  • Miracles do happen..
modify
« Reply #379 on: 3/03/12, 19:59 »
Pink - why not come and join us on the Serum March cycle buddies thread - the link is in Sofagirls post above - there are quite a few of us out there on March  ;D

* Search

Recent Topics

Craftsy: Free Cake Decorating Classes

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal