* Author Topic: Serum General Thread part 5 22/02/12 - 25/03/12  (Read 59280 times)

0 Members

Offline agate

• half human, half jelly
  • Volunteer
modify
Re: Serum General Thread part 5
« Reply #400 on: 5/03/12, 17:43 »
penny12:   I am so sorry it wasn't better news for you.  but there is (almost) always a way.  it isn't that you aren't meant to be a mum, its more that its just much harder for you to get there than it ought to be!   Some women get their babies without even trying or even wanting them, others have to move mountains and break their hearts in two over and over again to get the same thing.  penny will have learnt something from this cycle that may be key.

Offline penny12

modify
« Reply #401 on: 5/03/12, 18:11 »
Dear Agate thanks a lot for your nice words. Somehow I think the same as you and every time I cycle I think that I have been already through so much (medications, surgery - I also had a laparotomy in the past) and that it is just more difficult for me but not impossible to have a baby. I think that when my babies will arrive I will love them so so much. But then it is just so difficult to cope with the negative outcome. To see DH sad even if he tries to pretend he is not. I know I have to stay strong and think about next treatment. Yes, I'm sure Penny will have learnt something, a possible key to solve all my issues. Thanks again.

Offline Shamrock.

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #402 on: 5/03/12, 19:39 »
Penny12
I've alread said to you in a PM but wanted say again here that I'm very sorry that you got a BFN this time  ^hugme^
I was very happy that I got to meet you while I was in Athens for my cycle at the same time as you. It made the cycle seem like a holiday. From our many chats there I know that any baby would be very lucky to have you as a mother. You will get there some day. It is just taking a lot longer than it should for a lovely person like you. You are definetly meant to be a mum and you will be one day.

Offline Shamrock.

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #403 on: 5/03/12, 19:48 »
AFM I tested on a FR Early Detection HPT today (14 days post egg collection) and I also got a BFN.  My OTD is Wednesday so I will test again then but I am not holding out much hope of anything changing.
I had 4 good blastocycsts transferred and my lining etc looked good, DHs DNA Frag was normal, my thyroid levels were under control, I had the Greek hysto last month and I had LIT, steroids and intralipids so I am finding it hard to believe that it didn't work for us after trying everything we could to make it work  :(

Agate (or anyone)  I just wanted to ask you if I get another BFN on a HPT on Wednesday (16 days post EC) would it be any advantage for me from an immunes point of view to do a HCG blood test and Progesterone test?  I am asking because it is not that easy for me to do the HCG blood test. I have to drive 1 Hour 20 mins each way to get it done and it would cost 80 for both blood tests.  I am thinking unless it is going to show something of advantage to me for my immune treatment then do I really have to put myself to the expense and effort to get it done?  I am thinking the 80 might be better spent on a night out with my DH to drown our sorrows.

Sorry for the 'me' post. Hope everyone is ok.

Offline Klingon Princess

• Gold Member
  • me and DH in costume
modify
« Reply #404 on: 5/03/12, 20:06 »
Shamrock, here's hoping you get a better result on wednesday.  don't give up hope yet, its still actually quite early if you are only 14 days from EC.  Many clinics dont let you test until 14 days after transfer.  will be keeping everything crossed for you!

Offline summerglory

• Gold Member
  • Please blow me bubbles - my new target is 4000
modify
« Reply #405 on: 5/03/12, 20:09 »
Shamrock keeping everything crossed for weds for you & thinking of you xxx

Offline penny12

modify
« Reply #406 on: 5/03/12, 20:19 »
My dear friend Shamrock, thanks for your words, you are such a lovely person and you know that I really care for our friendship, I hope that we'll bring it on for many and many years and we will make our children to meet, since I'm sure that you'll be a mum too and every baby would be so loved with you and Mr. Shamrock. I'm so sad for you guys too. :(

Offline agate

• half human, half jelly
  • Volunteer
modify
« Reply #407 on: 5/03/12, 20:24 »
Shamrock: for that length of drive and cost I don't think I'd bother its a bfn on 16dpec.   I would retest on a stick on ET+14 though.  The logic of a blood test from an immune point of view to try and find out if there any implantation very early e.g., about 14dpec - so that a) if you keep getting early positives that don't progress you gradually get more certain that there is probably an immunes problem and/or b) by finding out that your pg ultra early you can rush off to your immunes doc and pile on more immune treatment in early pg - e.g., another intralipids

By 16/18 dpec you ought to be either getting a + on a urine stick or it really would be bfn and I don't think there is much to learn from it.

At 14 dp-ec there is a still a small chance that the result might change so you must not stop your meds until ET+14 just in case.

best of luck!!!

A x

Klingonprincess: did you see my reply to you further up?

Offline HMB

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #408 on: 5/03/12, 20:36 »
Agate- Thanks so much for your reply. Actually, I will be doing IUI with my French doctor this month here in Paris. So if I do steroids/predisolone, it is by following Penny's advice. The French Doc said 'no' until OTD with a BFP  ::). Trip to serum would be for natural IVF in a couple months if I don't get lucky now....

Offline Klingon Princess

• Gold Member
  • me and DH in costume
modify
« Reply #409 on: 5/03/12, 20:41 »
Agate, thank you so much for your replies... I know I'm being a drama queen and that I shouldnt worry.  Its just there is nowhere else I can be honest about how I'm feeling, so thanks for putting up with me.
I'm glad to know that I will still take progesterone on a natural cycle, that is one less thing to obsess over!
Ive just rung a local clinic to ask if they can do my scan for me, they are going to speak to the consusltant and check if its ok. Then I'll find out if natural is an option or not.

Love to you all
Kehlan

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal