* Author Topic: Serum General Thread part 5 22/02/12 - 25/03/12  (Read 57177 times)

0 Members

Offline sofagirl

modify
Re: Serum General Thread part 5
« Reply #440 on: 6/03/12, 13:57 »
Thanks!  (I’m assuming my body will just flush out anything it doesn’t use??)

KP – when are you beginning again?

Offline agate

• half human, half jelly
  • Volunteer
modify
« Reply #441 on: 6/03/12, 14:00 »
yes.  there is a tiny bit of an increased risk of some cancers from being on folic acid supplements - but I think its massively outweighed by the extra protection for baby that the higher dose gives especially when if you might end up taking steroids etc

Offline Klingon Princess

• Gold Member
  • me and DH in costume
modify
« Reply #442 on: 6/03/12, 14:00 »
OOh Agate!  your fundraising page is doing really well!  Well done!

sofagirl.. I'm going out in May (around the 5th-9th) for hysto and then hopefully FET end of June/first week in July.

Offline sofagirl

modify
« Reply #443 on: 6/03/12, 14:10 »
Thanks, again, Agate.  I’d hoped that was the case.  I’m already on the steroids – I began them the same time as the folic acid.

KP – very good luck to you for then.  If our March cycle doesn’t work, that’s when we’re hoping to try again, so may see you there!  (There seem to be quite a few of you already.  Perhaps I’ll add a May/June sheet to the Cycle Buddies spreadsheet… nothing like preparing in advance!)

SG x

Online fiona in welwyn gc

• Gold Member
  • Me and big boy!
modify
« Reply #444 on: 6/03/12, 14:29 »
Hello Girls!

Just a quicky - I will be going out in April, and I would like to be added to your spreadsheet - does it include April?  also, not sure where to post when I am going through treatment as there is only a thread for March and one for May/June

sorry if I am being a bit thick

Fee
xx

Offline sofagirl

modify
« Reply #445 on: 6/03/12, 14:37 »
Hi Fee - I will add you to March(/April).  There are a few of us whose treatment begins towards the end of this month so will overlap into next ... do you have approximate dates?

Online fiona in welwyn gc

• Gold Member
  • Me and big boy!
modify
« Reply #446 on: 6/03/12, 14:39 »
Hi Sofagirl

Thank you  :-)

Well, I think the first two weeks in April - but Penny said something about the girls not liking EC at Easter, and she may fiddle with the days a bit nearer the end of March.

Hope that's okay

Fee
xx

Offline sofagirl

modify
« Reply #447 on: 6/03/12, 14:49 »
Yes, no problem, will add you for the first two weeks of the month for now - so it is DEIVF?

I have the same issue, btw.  Greek Easter is a week later than in UK, and Penny has told me she will struggle to get a doc to do EC around then, so if my AF arrives too late, I will have to postpone my cycle to the end of April.  Presumably the same is true for the donor ECs.  Doesn't help with planning!

Do join us on the March thread?

SG x

Offline Shamrock.

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #448 on: 6/03/12, 14:52 »
Girls
Thanks so much for all your good wishes. I tested with a FR again this morning and got another BFN. I was expecting it though. Anyways, I've decided to go for the blood test tomorrow just so that I can finally have a definitive answer and draw a line then under this cycle without having to stay on the meds etc for another few days and then I won't have to do another soul destroying HPT on Friday. So I will do the HCG Blood test tomorrow (16 days post egg collection) but I know it is a definite negative for us.
Like Penny12 I am finding it hard to take when everything finally went so perfectly for us this cycle.  I need a few days to get my head together but I know we will be back to Serum as soon as we can to try our luck again. The alternative i.e. being childless is harder to take than a BFN.

FTLPlease I read your PM ..sorry I haven't gotten a chance to reply yet I'm in work and trying to keep up normal appearances despite being majorly peed off. I'm doing ok though. I'll reply to you asap.

Penny12 I'm dying to hear what Penny has suggested to you. Good to hear you sounding a little more hopeful again.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well.

Best of luck to everyone cycling at the moment or about to cycle. We need some BFPs here pronto!!

Offline sturne

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #449 on: 6/03/12, 14:58 »
So sorry shamrock, had my fingers crossed for u and followed your diary. Sending u a big  ^hugme^ and  ^pray^ ^pray^ That u get your BFP next time. Xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal