* Author Topic: Serum General Thread part 5 22/02/12 - 25/03/12  (Read 60905 times)

0 Members

Offline sofagirl

modify
Re: Serum General Thread part 5
« Reply #460 on: 6/03/12, 21:07 »
Shamrock – I would do the same as you re the blood test.  It will at least give you some idea as to whether there was any attempt at implantation, and the more info Penny has about this cycle, the better for the next.  Big hugs to you … will be thinking of you tomorrow  xx

Wendy – yes, no problem ... I've added you.  May see you there ... I will also be on my own for the most part, and atm my dates are still tbc.

SG x

Offline jen747

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #461 on: 6/03/12, 21:21 »
Thanks Elizzybeth and Agate. I'm getting a few cramps, like mild period pain but it's not huge amounts of blood and no signs of infection so i guess it's nothing to worry about, just not nice!

xx

Offline sofagirl

modify
« Reply #462 on: 6/03/12, 21:39 »
Yes, it makes a huge difference.  I met a lovely FF while in Athens for hysto last month – it was fab to be able to share experiences.  But don’t worry, there is a huge crowd there March/April.  So far, Dark Angel, Minkey, Myla, Pinkminx and Sharky will be there when you’re there for aquascan/hysto, and myself and Fee there end of March/April … and the list keeps growing, so you won’t be alone.  See you on the March/April thread?

SG x

Offline agate

• half human, half jelly
  • Volunteer
modify
« Reply #463 on: 6/03/12, 23:37 »

I am going to do the menstrual Life Code tests this month though. The instructions said I should use saline or water to send my sample. I have some contact lens solution. Can I use that? Or has anyone used water? (spring water).

do you mean contact lens saline?  that should be fine.  not contact lens cleaning solution - it should say something like 0.09% saline.  otherwise, use boiled water.

hi all

agate, I'm hoping you can help me please
re intralipids
I had 1st intralipids at Reprofit before transfer
positive 6dp5dt
intralipids due this Sat
clinic in Glasgow usually do 500ml but have said they can do 100ml

what do you advise please? (doctor at reprofit non comittal)

much thanks

magdalene :)

as you are pg, I would want to be cautious.  I would be nervous about having as much as 500ml and i think I'd feel safer sticking to 100ml - unless the clinic who do the 500ml can be sure it will be safe for baby?

Offline Shamrock.

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #464 on: 7/03/12, 15:33 »
Girls thanks for all the good wishes before.

I went for my HCG test this morning (16 days post EC) and I just got the result my HCG is -1.2 so even less than zero  :( I don't understand how it can be less than zero but anyways I was expecting the negative from having done the HPTs so at least now I can try to draw a line under this cycle and talk to Penny and see what she has to say.  It looks like there was no attempt at implantation at all which I find hard to understand when we had 4 good blastocysts transferred in.

Agate I've looked at your new guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle (thanks for putting that together) and I can't see anything in it that stands out. I wonder if I could have had an immune flare that killed off my embies. I didn't have any of the 'immune reaction to implantation' symptoms you describe in your guide but 4 days after the day 5 transfer I did wake up at 3am with very strange feelings in my body. Like my body was tingling all over with blood coursing through it and my heart was pounding and I had hot flushes. Later that day I had lots of twinges in my uterus area so I really thought implantation was happening. The next day I had no symptoms and nothing after that so I just wonder if this could have been an immune reaction or maybe just the meds but if it was the meds why did it only happen 4 days after transfer and it didn't happen on my previous BFN cycle when I was on almost the same meds? Any thoughts?

Offline Lieve

• Gold Member
  • It aint over until the fat lady has sung....
modify
« Reply #465 on: 7/03/12, 15:45 »
Hi girls,

Sorry to barge in. I was wondering if any of you girls are taking or have taken Phellinus linteus (mushrooms) - also known as Mesima mushrooms. Prescribed by either TW or another (herbal) doctor/TCM practicioner?

Also, how much did you pay for it? I saw them at purehealthonline for £10,16 per 60 veg caps. How much do you pay for postage/shipping inside the UK and outside the UK?

Any clarification is appreciated. Thanks beforehand!  ^hugme^

Lx

Offline summerglory

• Gold Member
  • Please blow me bubbles - my new target is 4000
modify
« Reply #466 on: 7/03/12, 16:08 »
Shamrock, so sorry it wasn't better news today, having 4 good blastocysts transferred I really thought you were going to get great results.

I guess it goes to show that even when everything looks like it couldn't be more perfect there's still a huge mountain to climb. I hope Penny has some good advice about what she can tweak for you next time.

Sending you big hugs  ^hugme^ ^hugme^
xx

xx

Offline minkey114

• Gold Member
  • Miracles do happen..
modify
« Reply #467 on: 7/03/12, 16:48 »
Shamrock - I'm so sorry Hun  :-[  :-[ I know there is nothing I can say but am thinking of you  ^hugme^  ^hugme^

^hello^ to everyone else, I'm so sorry I just can't keep up with this thread  ::)

SummerGlory - Hows the stimming going?

Sorry can't do any more personlas right now AFM I'm flying out on Monday for my baseline scan and am feeling very apprehensive about the whole thing now to be honest  :-[ also have a lot of stress going on at work which doesn't help.

Offline ekitten1

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #468 on: 7/03/12, 17:49 »
Shamrock- just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I know only too well how terribly disappointing it is. I hope Penny can learn something from your cycle to give you your BFP next time. Be kind to yourself xxx

Offline nursejue

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #469 on: 7/03/12, 18:20 »
Shamrock  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal