* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Northern Cyprus - Part 7  (Read 52255 times)

0 Members

Offline HRM

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Dogus Clinic - Northern Cyprus - Part 7
« Reply #100 on: 26/02/12, 16:19 »
Hi everybody!!!
Sorry to be so behind with messages to everyone - I do read every day, but just so busy at school (expecting Ofsted any day!?) that I just don't get time to reply as fully as I would like. Wanted you all to know that I am still here and keeping up with all of your journeys.

Berry - so excited that you are nearly there and that you have held out - way stronger than I have ever been!!! Fingers well and truly crossed for you! xx

Jen - congrats on being PUPO - glad you are (almost!) on your way home and best of luck for the 2ww. Fingers crossed, as always.

Siob - nice to have you on here, it's lovely to see a couple going through this together :-) I don't think I could get DH on here if I paid him! Very refreshing. Thanks to you both for all the useful and insightful info you post. I'm so sorry you didn't get a BFP this time, but I am so impressed with your positivity and think that the Serum trip will really help - it certainly can't do any harm can it. Hi to Andy.

Kaybee - Congrats on almost being at 12 weeks, I bet you just can't wait. Not that the worry will stop there, but personally, I have always dreamed about the day I hit 12 weeks and become a 'normal' pregnant person, rather than always being attached to fertility treatment. I know not everyone will feel like this, but it's very personal to me and always the part that I have been aiming to get to!! Not that I'm saying we're not 'normal' until then - hopefully everyone gets what I mean! :-)

KFC - best of luck for your trip - I hope it all goes smoothly and is plain sailing with a big fat BFP at the end. I have never had a hysteroscopy and am also beginning to wonder if going to get one done might have been a good idea - but too late now I think for me, so we'll just have to plough on, put it out of our minds and hope for the best.

PeaPea - I am sorry you are feeling so rubbish on Yasmin. I am on it now too and have been previous to ttc and never had any problems with it. Funny isn't it how people react differently. Have you spoken to your GP? Perhaps you could change pill for a different one, there can't be much difference between them? When are you going back out to Dogus?

Zedbee - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am glad everything has gone well for you - you did so well getting those embies :-) Enjoy (if it's possible) the last few days before OTD. Fingers, toes and everything crossed for good news. Any advice you have for those of us about to go is gratefully received.

SNZK - best of luck for your trip. Keep us updated on everything that happens and also on the weather! Here's for some sunshine for us all!

Welcome Travelinsal and Celadon! It's a great and very busy thread and the ladies (and gents) have always been able to answer all my queries - I think we're the experts really :-)

Cypurs - nice to hear from you again and to have you back. x

Blondie - I was sooooo soooo sorry to hear of your BFN, it's just frustrating isn't it :-( If you don't mind me asking - did AF arrive before OTD? I have never got to OTD before in 4 rounds of IVF so was thinking that if I ever get to OTD it must mean it's worked, but now thinking that a lot of ppl on here don't seem to mention AF starting/spotting etc... but then go on to have a BFN on OTD - just want to prepare myself if this is the case. I'm really glad you're being positive and looking forward. Hard to do, I know. xx

Alicia - when are you going to be at Dogus? We will be there on April 4th - perhaps we'll see you?

Meemee - best of luck for June - hope you stay on the thread until then.

Tarn - looking forward to some lovely good news - hope you are keeping well and the horrible uti is on it's way out, they are so awful at the best of times, you poor thing! :-( xx

Linlou and Nekosimum - how are things? Haven't heard from you in a little while. Hope all is good.

As for us.... I am now on my second pack of Yasmin, Gonapeptyl going in on March 13th and countdown from there really - flying out on 3rd for transfer on 4th. Drugs are here and books and films are bought ready. Haven't had much contact with Julie, trying hard to focus on other things and not think too hard about it all!!?! I have booked a private scan at Liverpool Women's for day 10 to check lining - have to pay 150 - not sure if this is good? Bupa quoted me 271!!!! What't everyone else's experiences of this? It's my brother's wedding next Sat and then I've got a weekend away with a friend, a weekend with our respite child and then 1 free weekend before Cyprus so keeping busy and trying to stay positive without picking baby names and colours for the nursery :-) I asked Blondie a very personal question above and wondered if anyone else had experience of this? It's the main thing on my mind at the moment and would hate to set myself up for a horrible shock! Any advice much appreciated!

Sorry for the world's longest post - I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did "Hi"! I hope you are all enjoying your weekends and this relatively sunny weather.

H xx

Offline BerryChelt74

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #101 on: 26/02/12, 16:26 »
HRN- I didn't get af with my last go, not sure if this is down to it being a chem or just because the meds ward it off till we stop them. I assumed that the meds did keep it at bay which in a way is a shame as you get your hopes up as she hasn't arrived only to find it is a neg anyway.

Sure everyone else will also answer as can only say what happened for me.

Good luck, it wont be long now the time will fly by.

x

Offline HRM

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #102 on: 26/02/12, 16:45 »
Thanks Berry - when I have had 2 pessaries a day (all 4 goes in UK), I have always had AF about a week after transfer. I have been wondering if having the 3 pessaries this time will make a difference? Thanks for answering and yes, it'll be interesting to hear what others have experienced.

H xx

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #103 on: 26/02/12, 16:53 »
Hi HRM, no I didn't have any bleeding or spotting and I still haven't and I stopped my meds on Friday. My normal AF I've worked out is due tomm, anyway I wouldn't pay any attention to it because you can still bleed and be pregnant, what I've learnt now is that there is no normal in any of this and your body plays tricks on you with all of it.

Thanks also to those sending me sweet messages i appreciate it x

Offline Cyprus 4

modify
« Reply #104 on: 26/02/12, 17:26 »
Happy Birthday zedbee :) hope you have an implantation party goin on, have a safe trip home and good luck.

Pea pea do you have time to change to a different brand of pill eg cilest.  You are clearly hormone sensitive and no point feeling grotty like this.  Have a word with your gp.  You can book a ph consultation to discuss your symptoms.

To those making a decision on hysteroscopy dont panic, the surgeon carrying out the procedure is a gynaecologist and this is their speciality.  They document any findings or not in your medical notes.  You have a right to request your medical notes at a cost in the region of 40 pounds.  A hysteroscopy is performed to view the uterus and cervix but not the ovaries.

I had mine done prior to tx 3; Although I was self funding my consultant did the hys on the nhs with a 5 week waiting list.  I had a tissue biopsy which was nad (all clear).  I also had the channels made to assist with implantation.  It is worth noting my consultant advised me the channels only last 3 months.  However I never had the benefit as my eggs were too
 immature that cycle so had no transfer.  That was a shock at the time.         

Offline KFC bon

modify
« Reply #105 on: 26/02/12, 17:40 »
HRM and Cyprus - thank you both for what you have put regarding the hysteroscopy is has made me feel much better about it, to be honest I did think it would be worth more than the surgeons job to put someone had the all clear then find out it wasn't true.  I know people have had bad times with the NHS but I can honestly say they were great with me and as I said I feel more relaxed about it all now, so thank you xx

HRM - with regards your question on AF and it coming before or after OTD, I've never had it come before OTD, I had a bit of spotting on our third round if IVF but other than that AF has always come about a week or two weeks later, normally after the meds are on there way out th system.

I've just finished out packing, bar toiletries so now going to put my feet up and relax, as as I said I got told off by DH, he thinks I look tired but better do as I'm told and have a rest.

Hope those that should be resting are!!

Xxxx

Offline Cyprus 4

modify
« Reply #106 on: 26/02/12, 17:43 »
Post cont...

Am on my tablet and never seem to get into the swing of typing on it.

Bc you poor love with the aches and pains.  Hang in there, dont be letting yourself feel down. 

Siob a ha we are all besieged with tx party poopers.  After our first two tx failed my mil bless her said she would have one for me if she could.  She had a hysterectomy. Over 20 years ago!!!! it did annoy me at the time as I kept being told all is well with me but I know she only meant well.  Now she just says you both have such a good life with so many nice things why ruin it.  My sis was weird bout my tx and said like what if it was herself and her hubby who needed it.  She has never been maternal and it was always me playing with dolls and prams.  I always ended up with her doll as well as mine at xmas coz he wasnt bothered.  I guess the moral is there is nothing as queer as folk!!

best of luck to those packing and ready to start their dreams and peace of heart and mind to those who are troubled

Cyprus

Offline Cyprus 4

modify
« Reply #107 on: 26/02/12, 18:04 »
Hrm

As you know I had my previous tx at lwh as well.  I had af day 12. on first tx.  Then af around day 5 on. Second tx.  No transfer tx no 3.

for my de cycle with dogus I was 100%. sure af was on the way day 10 and I had spotting and my cervix was hardening sorry tmi.  However I limped along to get a bfp but hcg was too low.  I had 4 embies transfered from the 15 eggs and all fertilised.  Dr f had told me on my inital consultation with the scan that all was perfect and if hubbys sperm was good I would be pregnant.  That comment haunts him now.

What I have learned is that every cycle is different and each of us are different.  Plenty of ladies have gone on to have bfp and had been convienced tx hadnt worked.try not to stress and focus on that hurdle

Cyprus

Offline BerryChelt74

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #108 on: 26/02/12, 18:33 »
I have been rereading the letter I got from my surgeon who did the lap and dye and I am hoping that as she said that there was no damage to my uterus etc that I can take that as true and I dont need to have the hysteroscopy again.

I do worry that she missed something as there must be an underlying reason for the chemical pregnancy last time.

KFC- I think you just have to assume if they gave you the all clear with your op that that is true.

z

Offline siob

modify
« Reply #109 on: 26/02/12, 19:08 »
Hi KFC,

I really hope I haven't given you the fear over your Hysto - I'm sure you're fine. Like I said before, I haven't had one in the UK so I really can't comment. I was purely going on the posts I had read (Alicia, I think yours was one of them - how awful to go on thinking everything was OK when it wasn't  >:( ) I guess the vast majority of people who have the procedure go on to have healthy pregnancies so we don't see them on forums like this one. Sadly, mistakes will always be made both over here and at Serum (I just hope I'm not one of their mistakes!  ^pray^ ;D ) Forums are a bit of an echo chamber! Please don't stress it, I'm sure you're fine  ^reiki^

Jen, I hope you've finally taken off! Hope you feel better once you land.

HRM - you're on the count down now  :)   

Cyprus - typing aside, please can you convince my DH that we should get a tablet because they're AWESOME!  ;D

I hope everyone else has had a nice sunny Sunday. We went to the Cotswolds to have a poke around. We're staying for a week in a cottage there with all my family in a couple of weeks time. That should be fun - maybe I could have sisters in stereo telling me I'm wasting my time money and effort and should concentrate on not becoming a mum, yippee! Thanks for all your comments, it's nice to know I'm not the only one (especially as Andy's family have been so positive and supportive!) It's so true, unless you've been here, you really don't understand.

xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal