* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Northern Cyprus - Part 7  (Read 49117 times)

0 Members

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Dogus Clinic - Northern Cyprus - Part 7
« Reply #50 on: 24/02/12, 17:11 »
Had an email from Julie said she was shocked and said my beta level of 1.2 showed no implantation so looks like a hysteroscopy will be next before I do any further cycles no point throwing four grand at something destined to fail.

I think I've learnt a fair bit from this experience already a) I'm really naieve (sp?) b) next time I'll try with blastocysts c) dont pay too much attention to stats and grades it isn't always clear cut

Anyway already I'm fighting for this and looking for a solution so that's positive I guess x

Offline BerryChelt74

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #51 on: 24/02/12, 17:38 »
Blondie- I am so sorry, I can't believe that it was a neg. I really hoped that we could beat the bad run we have been having. I hope that you can move on soon and start planning again. Sending you  ^hugme^. We have all been there so you will have so much support if you need it. Wish there was more I could say. xx

Offline BigAndy

• Gold Member
  • Grateful to everyone who's helped us on FF
modify
« Reply #52 on: 24/02/12, 17:40 »
Hi Blondie,

I really really feel for you right now - it's all still pretty raw for me at times and I know how rotten you must be feeling. It just doesnt seem fair that after all the crap we've had to put up with to this point that DE should fail. However, please don't give up! Don't even be downhearted! OK, this one failed but it doesn't mean DE will fail you. I know it costs the bleedin earth but if you give it one or two more gos, you should get what you've been longing for. We had such a horrible few days after our BFN, I wondered how we were going to get on from where we were. However, there was never any doubt that we would give it another shot. From what you've posted, it sounds like you already feel that way? I hope so!

Give yourself some time and make sure you don't indulge in any self-recrimination. Sometimes poop just happens. Start planning your next steps as soon as you're comfortable to do so and it's amazing how quickly this disappoinment becomes history. Like I always like to say, this is just another bump on the road to where we're going

Hugs and love,
Andy xx

Offline zedbee75

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #53 on: 24/02/12, 18:12 »
KFC to be perfectly honest I have no idea what to put back. Why did you put 2 back of each can I ask? Did you just have 2 of your own? 
I would love to go to blast, but I was 2 days behind donor and so donor embryos will be day 5 tomorrow, my own day 3. 
I heard today I have 5 grade 1 of OE. 6 grade 1 blasts from donor. 
I've never gone to day 5 with my OE and it's a shame we are flying home Sunday else I'd freeze all the donor ones and take mine to blast. 
I've had two hellish miscarriages and my priority is just to have a healthy pregnancy (over and above the genetics of the egg). 
I'm worried 6 isn't enough to freeze and have 3 to put back should this not work. I'm also worried if I only put mine back it won't work as I had 3, day 3 embryos transferred in October and it was a bfn. 
Arggh. I may just have to go with what Dr F recommends. 

Sorry a bit of a ramble there, an insight into what my mind will be like overnight! 

Offline BerryChelt74

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #54 on: 24/02/12, 18:22 »
zedbee- what does your gut say? Its a difficult one I know, it is easy to say what I would do, but everyone is different and having the option of a baby that is genetically both yours and your OH must be very tempting. Talk to Dr F if you get chance and I am sure she will give you good advice.

Take care and let me know how it goes. I will be praying that it all goes ok and that you come home with a full belly of embies.

Will be thinking of you.

x

Offline BerryChelt74

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #55 on: 24/02/12, 18:44 »
well another one of my mates has just announced she is pregnant so I am feeling really fed up. Meant to be going to a baby clothes sale tomorrow but don't think I can face it.

Putting it into perspective compared to Blondies news I know it is nothing, but I just feel like God is having a bit of a laugh at me expense at the moment.

x

Offline zedbee75

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #56 on: 24/02/12, 19:01 »
Don't go to the baby clothes thing berry. Atleast not yet!

It is tempting, but I'm a great believer in nurture over nature. I just desperately want to avoid another loss. I think I'll have 4 of my OE put back if that is an option. I have to give them a chance.

Sorry KFC I misread your post. Would you still put 2 OE and 2 donor back even if you had 4/5 good quality OE embryos? What would be your rationale to that?

All your comments are helpful as ever xxx

Offline BerryChelt74

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #57 on: 24/02/12, 19:12 »
sadly I promised I would go, thinking we would just be looking for stuff for her one year old, so I can't really not go now. She is a good friend so dont want to let her down as she wont go on her own. Oh well, at least we aren't going to the baby show as originally planned.

If you want to give your eggs one last go thats great, I would probably do the same.

x

Offline celadon44

modify
« Reply #58 on: 24/02/12, 19:33 »
Blondie, so sorry about your bfn :(  Sending you hugs x

Offline KFC bon

modify
« Reply #59 on: 24/02/12, 19:38 »
Zedbee,

When I first discussed tandem cycles versus DE cycles with Julie and Dr F they recommended putting two of each back in rather than one of mine and two donors or vice versa.  The reason behind it, was that it gave us a better chance of it working having two of each as opposed to anything else.  Having said that when we asked for stats I was given the following:

2 donor and 2 OE - 60% chance of it working
1 OE and 2 donor - around 50%
2 OE and 1 donor - around 50%
3 donor - 80% chance of it working

Although I've always had grade 1 embryos the reason we went straight to donor this time was that after having a total of 11 embryos put back in with BFN each time we decided that the figures looked better with donor.

Last time with OE we had four put back in and my rational for that was that if one, two or three worked I would've been over the moon and I knew that four wouldn't take and as it happened none took.

So in answer to your question, would I put two and two back in rather than just my own, then he's I probably would, but the decision has to be yours Zedbee. 

With regards is six enough to freeze, we froze seven last time so I would say 6 is fine to freeze. In the uk we froze one, and as far as I'm concerned it was worth freezing even that one to give us a chance of being a mummy and daddy. 

If you really want to go to blastocyst, is there no way you could change your flight back and stay an extra two days? Hope this helps xxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal