* Author Topic: Oxford Fertility Unit Cycle Chatter pt4  (Read 62786 times)

0 Members

Offline Chandlerino

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Oxford Fertility Unit Cycle Chatter pt4
« Reply #120 on: 10/03/12, 11:53 »
Merrygoround - thanks for your positive story - certainly cheered me up as a fellow oldie. I'm hoping to cycle again in april and just turned 42  :( Got our review on weds so we'll see what they say.

Faith and Lozza - sorry about your news, sending you  ^hugme^

Variety and Em [fellow CFUers] - good luck with DR & stimming xx

Michi - how are you doing?

Pinot - replied to your post about OPKs.

AFM: 2nd Af is here - ouch! very painful and clotty which is unusual for me...

Sorry if I've missed anyone xx

Offline Willow09

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #121 on: 10/03/12, 11:56 »
Nicp35 - we had ICSI at OFU and success with the first cycle. OFU is incredible and we had a fantastic experience with them. We only got 7 eggs...5 fertilised and we had 1 blast put back and only 1 other blast frozen. The rest didn't make it. We start tomorrow for FET ... Fingers and toes crossed. Hope you make a decision and you get your BFP.

Hi to everyone else...

Start down regulating tomorrow...nervous and excited all at once

Xxx

Offline Smiles35

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #122 on: 11/03/12, 18:25 »
Thanks for all the positive stories ladies and pm's sent.  We have decided to go with the OFU so have requested a GP's referral letter to get an appointment.  We will hopefully be starting cycle number 2 at the end of May, beginning of June depending on my af cycle.

Good luck to everyone!x

Offline Clomper

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #123 on: 11/03/12, 21:05 »
Nicp35

We are 29 wks pregnant with a Little boy through OFU, and satellite clinic in Cheltenham. It was our first try at IVF! We had one perfect blasto transferred and have no frosties, but it just took the one! I cannot praise them enough... We are so excited!
I think you are making a good choice, and wish you the very best of luck  ^reiki^

Clomper xx

Offline Flutterbubble

modify
« Reply #124 on: 12/03/12, 09:48 »
Hi everyone , hope you are well .

I have been away hidind for a while , on got back to FF day before yesterday , been catching up with all your news.

Welcome to all the new ladies  ^hello^   ^wave^ ^goodluck^

Pinot - big love and hello to you  ^hugme^ so inspiring to see you bounce back like that

Chandlerino - same as above  ;D you ladies do inspire me  ^hugme^  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Michimoo - how are you now? Hope DH is back and you are feeling a little more positive

Faith and Lozza - it was heart wrenching to read through how things developed for you both  ^eyes^ Such different situation but the same heartache no doubt. A big virtual hug and much much love and prayers going your way  ^hugme^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Lizard - you describe exactly how I feel , up and down at different times , hope the follow up gives you some encouragement, I too am  ^pray^ ^pray^ for natural BFP even though it hasn't happened in 6 years we have been together lol  ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Elf - sincerely hoping you bring us some good news on 15th  ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^

Merrygoround- I too was inspired bu your story  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^ I will be 37 on the 23rd  :-X age has never mattered to me before

Apologies to those I have missed out , I have been away too long, much luck and babydust at whatever stage of your journey you are at xxx

AFM - Like Lizard described I have good and bad days. Overall life has pretty much got back to normal , I still haven't quite managed to but hopefully it will come. I have been keeping busy around the house and at work and had a beautiful day off yesterday in the sunshine.
We have decided to give it another go with OFU in June even though they messed up failing to tell me I should have  increased my stimms dosage.
This is quite simply because I can't see any difference when comparing with other clinics , OFU seem to have slightly better stats overall unless you want to pay privately where it would appear there are better options abroad and we are still entitled to try twice more on funded cycles, so will keep saving until we actually do have to pay (pray pray that we don't need to though  ^reiki^ ^reiki^).
The more I look at the stats and figures the less I understand them, then I look at the different threads for the clinics and it all just seems a random luck lottery whether we get our BFP or not  :-\
OFU were caring and attentive with good facilities , I shall be on their back checking and re checking medication dosages and just hope and pray for the best in this painful random IVF baby lottery  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline Jess1ca

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #125 on: 12/03/12, 10:51 »
Schnaps Good to see you back my lovely xxx In all honesty I don't think that there is a great deal of difference between the clinics and that most of it is in fact down to luck. I  ^pray^ that you will get your wish soon  ^fairydust^

Offline Variety

modify
« Reply #126 on: 12/03/12, 11:43 »
Hi all, quick bit of advice needed if anyone can help... I have just had a day 12 scan and i have a huge number of very well grown follies so hopefully its all go for a weds EC.. the nurse however noted some fluid in my uterus and did mention that if it still there before ET they won't transfer and may have to freeze the embryos and transfer at a later date... has anyone else had this problem and what possibly causes it/ ways to get rid of it??

Thanks
Vx

Online Michimoo

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #127 on: 12/03/12, 11:44 »
Hey Schnaps - glad too see you back on here. No DH is away until April so pretty much just been going through the motions on my own.

Willow - hope DR is going well?

Elfin - not long now! How are you feeling?

Chand - hope AF has died down and am interested to hear about your consult on Wed.

Variety - hope the cold has gone? And those follies are growing.  :)

Merry ground - did they change things for you on the second attempt?

Nic- I was happy with them but not with my follow up after bfn. Long story! However everyone is different and the Nurses are all lovely without exception.  ^hugme^

Lizard - hope u are ok? Sending big  ^hugme^

Pinot - how are you doing?

Love to Faith & Lozza.

^wave^ ^wave^ ^wave^ to anyone I missed out.

Well had an unexpected call into the Nurse at OFU on Friday as I have had sharp pains and spotting mid cycle since tues. so thought I'd call just to check this was normal as it had been 4 days? The first thing they asked me to do was to go and take a pregnancy test and then call them back. I advised that DH has been away and it would be an immaculate conception but they still wanted me to do it. ( funnily enough I don't have any in the house as I used them all last month) so off I trott to the Chemist and ask for an early pregnancy test & the lady smiles sweetly at me as she hands it over. I wanted to scream " No, it's not gonna happen!"

I get home pos to see a lovely fat BFN again. I call back OFU and all those feelings came flooding back.  :( anyway their answer now was that probably I need more time to heal. Don't do too strenuous excercise and that's why they recommend 3 afs before next attempt. I'm still spotting today so now it's day 7 and a week from AF due date. Thank goodness DH is away I guess!

Sending big  ^hugme^ to everyone.

Lots of love.
M xx

Offline Jess1ca

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #128 on: 12/03/12, 11:55 »
Michi You poor thing!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ What a horrible thing to have happen to you. It must also be so worrying for you while DH is away but probably better that he is as you say.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
I do feel like AF is coming and have had some sharp pains on both the left and right side but no spotting or anything like that and nothing much else to report in terms of symptoms. I have decided to test on 16th if  ^witch^ has not arrived before. Although OTD from OFU is 15th don't think that they will worry over an extra day. I can stay in the PUPO bubble longer and also most ladies with same dates for EC/ET have test date of 16th.

Chand Hope you get some good feedback  ^reiki^

Pinot How are things with you?  ^hugme^

Variety It is one of the signs of OHSS I believe. There are few ladies who have had it although I cannot help from the personal experience side. Nothing can really be done to get rid I believe aside from rest. Check out some of the OHSS threads as they might have some more in depth advice for you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

AFM - Sorry I have been kind of AWOL over the weekend and Friday as it has been rather a manic one! SD had her 2 cousins for sleep over on Friday, then Saturday we had a house viewing, SD's party, dinner out and some friends stayed over and Sunday we sold our house, panicked and thought we had best start to look for somewhere to live in the catchment area for SD's school as move is cos she wants to see more of her daddy.

The 2WW has had to take a bit of a backseat last week and this coming week looks to be no different with the house hunting now on full speed ahead. I am 10dp3dt so whatever was/is going to happen will have happened by now...  ^eyes^

Offline alig1972

modify
« Reply #129 on: 12/03/12, 12:11 »
Hi all

Day 2 of D/R and all going ok, I am finding it so much easier this time, but I guess that is just down to practice. It seems like forever until my next appointment and blood test on 3rd April.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the weather. My new cat and kitten had their first adventure into the garden and with all the excitement they could barely keep their eyes open last night and thankfully didn't wake us up this morning. It was a bit weird being woken by the alarm this morning..

Hope you are all well,

Ali

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal