* Author Topic: IVF Wales ~ Pregnancy & Parenting After Infertility pt4  (Read 24014 times)

0 Members

Offline Mrs Thomas

• Gold Member
  • aka Mrs T Bone. Please leave my bubbles odd!
Just popping in to say great to hear from you Pix and little JJ is a gorgeous chunky monkey x

Offline trickynic

• Gold Member
Gorgeous photo Pix - glad to hear you are getting on ok  :)

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
Hello all

How is everyone?

Afm thanks to pix for a lush day yesterday, we went shopping as moo was in nursery and wow I'm still shattered hehe

Poor tyler has another chest infection and the runs as she's had so many anti bs they have upset the good bacteria in her gut so feeding her probotic yoghurts.

She also had her 2 year check cause I popped in to see hv and she was quiet, tyler did well as I excepted and is now 85cm tall and 28.3 lbs so likely to shoot up in height again soon as she's filling out lol

Offline skyblu

• Gold Member
Congrats Pix on your gorgeous chunky monkey, he is so going to be a heart breaker.
Glad everything ended well for you as you had such a tough pregnancy.
Would be lovely to meet up one day. ^hugme^

Sarah, how are you and the boys? we should deffo meet up again give me a shout when you are available.

Take care new mummies
Skyblu.xx

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
Hi everyone

Lovely to hear from you Skyblu, would be great to meet up again soon, I've been thinking about you, hope that things are going to be moving forward again for you soon x

Hope Tyler is better Kara. Sounds like her 2 year check went great. How are you?

Hope everyone and little ones are all well

We have had a nice week as dh was off work, so been out and about, boys had a fab day at Folly Farm on Friday with their cousins. They are so busy now....

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
Hi

How is everyone? Any news? How's the babies?

Afm wow busy few days and I'm exhausted. Seems my hysteroscopy will be late june, early july, I called to chase it up as I'm still spotting all the time. Tyler is well atm so that's good but I just waiting for the next chest infection, paraniod maybe lol and here's for the essay about extended breast feeding, I know its not for everyone but for us it works and feels extremely natural and not in any way sexual or wrong.
I get on extremely well and love my mil to bits and I really don't thinks she realised she upset me but its been playing on my mind since I got home

Today we were chatting and got on to how much milk convo. My daughter is 2 is a few weeks and I started with saying about evening bottle and then I made the mistake of saying of saying a morning bf. Her face fell and said omg your never still bf and how tyler doesn't need it as she's too big now and how its more for me than her and never ever to tell her I bf her til 2 cause she will be embrassed, that's the one which hurt the most. I did stick to my guns and said I was waiting for tyler to stop yet found myself saying it would be soon and now I feel it should be soon and have been feeling that for a while yet now I'm more inclined to carry on cause if we stopped now I might blame the comments in years to come. So peed off with the narrow minded nature of some people and its nothing to do with them. My sil commented a few weeks back how it was wrong at my dd age! (She bf her baby til 9months)

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
Hi Kara, sounds like you need a rest matey. Glad Tyler is ok, you're bound to worry after what she went through recently.

Boo to the annoying comments from MIL and SIL. The World Health Organisation recommend feeding up until 2, so you can shove that under their noses if you like. Quote from their website:

"As a global public health recommendation, infants should be exclusively breastfed1 for the first six months of life to achieve optimal growth, development and health2. Thereafter, to meet their evolving nutritional requirements, infants should receive nutritionally adequate and safe complementary foods while breastfeeding continues for up to two years of age or beyond."

You do whatever feels best for you and Tyler, it's no one elses business. And why would tyler be embarrassed about you telling her how long you fed her. Jeez. No one should be judged for however they chose to feed their child and sometimes it isn't a choice, I know I've been lucky and am grateful for that. Every situation is different.

We were at a party a few weeks ago and when I ordered a gin my mate (male) said to me thank god you're not still feeding your boys, that would be like bitty off Little Britain. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was still feeding in the morning and my cheeky gin would be out of my system by then! I had the bitty comments off several people even at an early stage. I think that I was feeding twins gave some people the idea that I could be the butt of all their jokes. As you know I made the decision to stop feeding at the start of this month, had been thinking about it on and off for a while and just got up one morning and said to dh, go and put some milk in their beakers and lets see what happens.  The key for me was that the boys didn't seem that bothered any more and weren't waking up crying for a feed first thing as they'd always done. It's gone really well and they now have a full beaker each plus some extra. Don't let anyone else influence when you stop, you'll know when it feels right and that is the best and only reason. My problem now is that I don't have the excuse of eating for three so need to lay off the cake...

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
Lovely to see you today Kara, I'm sure it wasn't quite so lovely to see us....bless you for mopping the sick off my shirt! Dylan has been puking on and off all afternoon and evening. He's fine in between bouts of sickness, just can't keep fluids down. He's sleeping now so will try him with some water and toast in the morning and hope that will stay put, if not will call docs....then we'll just wait to see how long before Ioan starts. Hope little melodies was fun after all that!

Hope everyone is well and all other little ones are lurgy free x

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
Its amazing how becoming a mum makes mopping up puke so much easier lol. Bless poor dylan. Such a star and ioan was a good lad while u changed dylan.
Tyler was proper hectic and kept running out the door now she can open it and then went and sat in someones pushchair and said she wanted to go home! Madam lol

Miriam big happy 3rd birthday to maia, hope you ve had a good day

Afm spoke to luke about what his mum said and he did say we agreed to end bf at 2 so I pointed out we agreed 18months lol. I asked him if he felt it was disgusting and his reply was ' no its the most natural thing in the world' and has no problem with it at all as long as we are happy yet would like tyler to want hoim more instead of being a mummys girl so I pointed out that's nothing to do with bf and more to do with the fact he's never here atm lol. He's left now and won't be home til early hrs monday, we are gona miss him

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
Ah yes, I read an article in the newspaper once about how having kids switches off your sense of disgust! It's funny with the boys, I think they sense when they need to be good because the other one is having a hard time.

Oh blimey, Tyler can open the door, eek! It's difficult to spot them as well when there's kids running all over the place. Glad Luke is backing you up about the bf. I hope the weekend goes quick, is he racing or fixing up his motor?

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal