* Author Topic: IVF Wales ~ Pregnancy & Parenting After Infertility pt4  (Read 24671 times)

0 Members

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
Deffo seems they sense it hun

Lukes off racing too teeside . Only got the car running this evening lol

Deffo take dylan if its continued for 24hours.

The lady who asked after u today is also still bf her 22month old and we spoke about how its our generation which will be the ones to educate furture generations. I do think we are edging towards a natural end as the feeds are getting so short now.

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
Nothing like just in time eh, hope he does well after all his effort, he's lucky you are very supportive.

She's really nice isn't she, lovely girls too, I remember her younger one kissing Ioan one week! I think you're right, times are definitely changing. I was so surprised though when one of my oldest friends called me an earth mother and said I was the only person she had known to have bf - she's a trained midwife too! We still have morning milk in bed, I go down and get the beakers when I hear the boys stir, then bring them in with me, so we have a big cuddle before getting up. It's a nice way to start the day and doesn't feel like the closeness has been lost, well for about 10 mins, then Ioan gets the fidgets. Right, I'm off to bed, somehow think we'll be up in the night...thanks again for today x

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
Oh yes all bf are hippies lol people do believe that.

Night hun hope its a peaceful one, use calpol and nurofen if need be as he will probably be getting cramps, I had awful ones when I was ill

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
Hi all...still got the lurgy here. I took Dylan to gp yesterday as he was really sleepy and temp went up in the afternoon, thankfully not dehydrated and he picked up in the evening a bit . The doc suggested a bit of milk to keep his sugars up so did that this morning and it came straight back up. He's had a bit of toast and jam and water now and that has settled, so we'll keep off dairy I think.

Kara, how are you both? Anything fun planned with Tyler this weekend?

How is everyone?

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
Sarah milk will upset his tummy bit like us when we are ill. Hope dylan gets well soon and u all escape it.

Afm I'm missing luke awww. Tyler is sat painting atm. She refused to sleep at nursery yesterday as she lost 1 dummy opps and had been told she is disturtive at circle time so they put her in the baby area and she kicked off big time!she gets bored easy I think. Atm she is painting which she loves loads and is very cute, has a touch of ocd when she get some on the table and say oh what a mess and I have to wipe it before she carries on. I'm off to my friends house later for dinner then tomorrow off for a nice walk and sunday lunch with another mate

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
That's what I thought about milk and had been avoiding it until doc recommended it, oh well, won't listen to him again! He's had a biscuit and some more water so think he's slowly picking up.

Sounds like you have some nice things planned while Luke is away, he'll be back soon aww. Painting sounds fun, I want to see the boys having a go, I think Ioan will love making a mess!

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
Hiya all

Sarah how are things today? My friend emma aka hari s mum has the bug now

Afm had a lovely night at my friends, kids played and we drank lol, tyler was very late to bed and didn't get up til late. I actually managed a cuppa in bed wow wee and no bf this morning just seemed pointless and see asked for breakfast. off to mil for dinner soon yay

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
Hiya, that sounds like a lovely Saturday night and relaxing start to Sunday! Poor Emma, hope she's better soon. I got really worried about Dylan yesterday as he started refusing fluids late afternoon, was really sleepy and had eaten only a couple of mouthfuls of toast. The doc had said no food is fine as long as he has plenty of fluids, but when he stopped drinking.... He went to bed at 7 then woke at midnight, I tried to give fluids on and off but he just kept pushing me away. I phoned out of hours and they sent us down to Withybush, thankfully not dehydrated, we went all that way to be told to be more persistent at giving fluids (like I hadn't been trying my best!) and sent us home. You just never know and my hv had told me to get onto it really quick as she'd had another lady get told off by the hosp for not taking her child in sooner. Glad we got checked out and he didn't need to be admitted. I was a bit worried that we'd end up back down there today, but thankfully he's started eating this morning and had some more fluids, phew. I'm pooped today, dh is in bed with the lurgy. Touch wood me and Ioan are ok atm...

Enjoy your lunch, nothing like mum's sunday roast eh!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend x

Offline kara76

• VIP Member Sponsor
Oh sarah u deffo did the right thing getting dylan checked, shame they couldn't send a doctor to u though. When tyler was dehydrated you wouldn't of known apart from the fact she was sleepy and refusing fluids, which cause a drop in blood sugar so that's why she was sleepy, yet in hospital the doc pinched her skin before they tried to get a line in for the second time and by that point her skin wouldn't flush back oh and the fact she went hours and hours without a wee So scary when they won't drink. Poor nig though, bet he feels very rubbish, fingers crossed u and ioan escape it

Offline SarahJaneH

• Gold Member
Yeah, I was getting quite scared with the not drinking. I did ask the doc what key signs to watch out for and he said 8 hours without a wee was the key for him, so will remember that one. Dylan has been much chirpier today , he's still got the runs though, but at least is eating and drinking now and something must be staying in! I found him crying earlier because Ioan was cuddling him, I think he's scared he will get bitten bless. Ioan doesn't quite get being gentle, he was stroking Dylan's head and saying ahh which was really cute, then whacked him on the top of the head oops! Nige seems a bit better thank god, he's not very good at being ill he he.

* Search

Recent Topics

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal