Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Waiting to start treatment for ivf/icsi at jessops sheffield!

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mandy39 
#1 ·
Hi every one, just had our 2nd appointment at jessops (sheffield) with our consultant. We have been referred because my hubby as very low sperm count. I Had my vaginal ultra sound last week, and results for that are clear/ok. We found out today that we are been referred to the a.c.u at jessops for ivf/icsi. But when we asked how long we could be waiting they said it could be anything up to 18 wk before we start treatment. The wait is going 2 kill me, but i no if it works it will be worth the wait, it jus seems such a long time. The doc took some more blood to check my fsh levels again, as he said last time they were showing they were 2 high. Can any one tell me what this could mean for me, if the results come back high again, and what will happen? Could really do with some advice, and just some one 2 talk 2, thanks. (sorry about the spelling)  :)

#2 ·
Hi willows, hopefully the waiting list won't be that long.  I can't remember how long I waited but it def wasn't that long (I'm at Jessops too for ICSI).  Once we got our appt with the consultant at ACU it was really quick - they offered us the next month and we chose to delay it a little to coincide with a little gap in boyf's awful work patterns.  I don't know about your FSH levels I'm afraid but the consultants at ACU are brilliant and I'm sure they'll explain it all to you in as much detail as you want.  Good luck and hope the wait isn't too long!

#3 ·
Hi Willow,
Sorry I'm no good to help you either, but if you post on the Jessops thread, there are lots of lovley ladies who have all the knowledge you could ever need.

Good Luck.
Caroline x

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks Cat Lady2 and Caroline K, its lovely to here from you. Thanks for the info, and good luck. Ps. Got our appoinment through this morning to go to ACU at Jessops. So not such a long wait after all, well i hope anyway xxx :)

#6 ·
hi

i wish you good luck, DH has been on the waiting list for surgical sperm retrieval at St Marys Manchester for 19 months!! yours is in weeks so i hope it goes well for you. We are not even on the ivf/icsi waiting list yet, God knows how long thats going to take. I would appreciate if any manchester ladies could share their experience.

xx

#7 ·
#8 ·
Hi fara
I'm
Currently at jessops the staff are fab had a bad experience a seacroft Leeds! The waiting list is only estimate it could be sooner ours was. Ive now been implanted and back in clinic for blood test to see if I'm pregnant! If you have any questions I'm willing to answer if I know about. X

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.