* Author Topic: Waiting for Early Scans (2012) - Part 1  (Read 62268 times)

0 Members

Offline Catherine-Chloe

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Waiting for Early Scans (2012) - Part 1
« Reply #140 on: 3/04/12, 10:30 »
Thanks for getting back to me Caity :-).  I wish u the world of luck for Thursday!.  I didnt get HCG tested this time either as I have always been disappointed with results in the past and didnt want to stress myself out.  It was nice not knowing my level until I had the scan yesterday.  Was extra anxious on the day but still glad that I waited :-).  Dont expect to see too much during the scan hun as you might b earlier than u think if u ovulate late etc.  Thank you for your reassurance regarding my scan.  As long as I am not bleeding now I am happy :-).  Its going to b the longest 2 weeks ever! x

Offline Maybethistime

modify
« Reply #141 on: 3/04/12, 10:59 »
Clear blue digital again....

I tested yesterday and the test said 3plus weeks, tested again today and it's saying one to two weeks. And now worried despite what everyone said about the reliability. Called the helpline and they were no use, saying to be I need to see a doctor. Any advise?

Offline lovelychops

modify
« Reply #142 on: 3/04/12, 11:06 »
Oh no Elaine McE - stay from the pee sticks! This is exactly what happened to me - I had two consecutive tests that showed 3+ and then a third the next day showed 2-3 so I obviously panicked wildly but I cannot stress enough how unreliable these readings are! Once your HCG levels reach a certain level then the digitals cannot give an accurate reading and it gets all confused. I went to my clinic yesterday at got a solid HCG reading of 5900.
I know its really hard but try not to worry as there are hundreds of stories like yours or mine where the readings have dropped but a perfectly fine and healthy pregnancy has continued. Bug hugs to you my love  ^hugme^

Offline caity

modify
« Reply #143 on: 3/04/12, 11:16 »
Hi Catherine - no bleeding is a very good sign!  I'm trying to tell myself not to expect too much at the scan - but I know exactly when I ovulated (date of EC) as this was IVF.  Is there anything you can do regarding distracting yourself over the next couple of weeks?  Do you have any good Easter plans?  I've coped with trying to provide myself with constant distractions...though this morning, I'm really suffering, I've had on and off nausea, but today it's been epic.  But it's a funny one, do I whinge for feeling so crap or take it as a good sign?!

ElaineMcE - I'm with lovelychops - those damn clear blue digitals are a menace!!  I had to physically stop myself from buying more... Sending you  ^hugme^ and strength to step away from the sticks! xx

xx

Offline Catherine-Chloe

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #144 on: 3/04/12, 11:36 »
Caity, I have got a busy weekend planned thats if I can stay awake lol.  Benn sooo tired lately.  Natural vs IVF is much different regarding dates as I can put mine down to late ovulation.  I just  ^pray^ that everything is perfect at your scan so you wont have to worry.  I would b more worried about my result if I got pregnant from IVF because as u said date should b pretty accurate.  IUI, IVF or FET didnt work for me at all.  I got OHSS from it and my body really didnt agree with the meds.  I have had no morning sickness, just hunger, thirst and extreme tiredness.  My boobs arent even sore and I always get sore boobs with PMT, strange.  I have also been getting pains in the sides of my pelvis and backache at night.  I know it is nothing to worry about based on my history :).  I think celebrate that u feel so crap lol x

Elaine, I agree I hate them clearblue digis, wish they were never invented.  Such a worry.  I hope that u can get a bloodtest done for reassurance.  I know I will never use them agaun x

Offline Cazzy1

modify
« Reply #145 on: 3/04/12, 11:52 »
Wow, this thread is moving so fast.

Catherine, wishing these next couple of weeks are not too stressful for you. Sounds like your scan was just a little too early so stay positive!

LC - I think you're right the days are just getting longer and longer and passing more and more slowly. I think the extreme tiredness doesn't help! Glad you have the reassurance of the HCG though as that must be some comfort.

So glad it is the Easter w/e, I find it so much easier not to dwell on everything when I am not sitting at my desk. Really looking forward to all of your good news over the coming week...good luck to everyone!! xx

Offline colly74

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #146 on: 3/04/12, 12:56 »
Hi caity- my scan is at 9.15am, what time is yours? I will be 6w6d, clinic told me that is the earlest they will scan and as the heart should be able to see! Its all so stressing isn't it! God I just want to know now.
I too can't stop eatin, weeing in the night about 2/3 times which is annoying! Got achy feelin in me belly, hope that this is a good sign of stretchin etc where baby is growing. I also getting tired very easly and want to go to bed by 9.30pm most nights!!
As for the pee stick I've stayed away from them for weeks nowmxxxx

Offline Silliest Sausage

modify
« Reply #147 on: 3/04/12, 13:18 »
I've found i've had less symptoms lately and it's worrying me!  No pains/feelings etc in my belly. Weeing just once overnight, occasionally feeling a little sick, but nothing major.

That's it?!?!
xx

Offline Catherine-Chloe

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #148 on: 3/04/12, 13:22 »
Cazzy, thanks for the reassurance hun :).  Thank God for Easter weekend to keep us all sane.  Just wish we didnt have to worry about every ache and pain and b able to just enjoy being pregnant, wishful thinking eh? :) x

Colly was u on the H&E thread? Thats were I had IUI and IVF, didnt work though and ended up getting natural BFP just before my TIA appointment.  We seem to have exactly the same symptoms and a sac was seen at my scan yesterday so that is defo a good sign for you.  Hopefully u will b bang on dates and that u get to see that perfect HB :).  I stayed away from the sticks this time too and so far I have been less stressed.  I knew once I got a dark.positive, things were proceeding :).  I wish u so much luck for tomorrow, at least it is a nice early one.  I had to wait to 4pm! Had belly ache all day.  Have to wait until 4pm on the 16 th too :( I do like to worry myself :/ lol x

Silliest, sometimes I barely get any symptoms, some days I get many.  I believe thats just natural hun as we look too into things and worry if we dont feel any reassuring signs.  I havent got the usual morning sickness or sore boobs but I dont feel like there is anything wrong.  As long as we r not cramping bad or bleeding it will b ok  ^hugme^ x

Offline caity

modify
« Reply #149 on: 3/04/12, 13:50 »
Colly- Mine's at 9:15 too! How funny! xx

Catherine - I got mild OHSS too, still bloated - but getter harded to force all that water down when feeling queasy!

Cazzy - have you got any nice easter plans?  Let's hope the sun comes back!

As for symptoms ladies, I am soo tired too!  And sometimes it just comes out of nowhere and I literally have to lie down. I get sore boobs on and off, I've totally turned into a salt addict - desperately trying to tone that one down, but most times the need is just too great to ignore! I had been having loads of aches in my tummy (some I'm sure were wind - sorry tmi) but also I had a permanent feeling of strained tummy muscles, but all have seemed to subsibe in the last few days.  But silliest sausage I have strings of days with nothing. xx

xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal