Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reprogenesis - Cycle Buddies

386K views 3K replies 89 participants last post by  bundles 
#1 ·
Hi Daisybunny

Just home from work and my internet was down yesterday but I have my 14th cycle day scan tomorrow and I'm also having all my blood tests, including my TSH re done at the same time so everything will be up to date. I think theres a bit of concern about getting my TSH down in time for the start of my transfer cycle (Aug 2nd) but I'll do what ever or take what ever to get there. I know my GP is likely to say NO to the TSH meds (again) but as I can get them anyway I'm not worried, just hope my transfer isn't delayed. I need 'probing of the cervix' around the Aug 2nd as well, not sure where I'm going to get that done and it sounds a bit grim to be honest but needs must  :-[

If all goes to plan, I'll be out there around the 20-25th of August.

The threads quite busy at the moment, I look forward to logging on  :)

#2 ·
Hi Ladies

Daisy Bunny your post made me smile.  Bless Petra thinking you can just go and get these things sorted!!  My mother in law was on holiday in Prague and they were with a friend who needs a blood test every week or they have to start the tests again (have no idea what it is) so they went to a hospital in Prague, the receptionist didn't speak English so off she went to find a doctor who could.  They explained what they wanted, the blood test was done and they were told to return in 2 hrs to get the results!!!  Could you imagine doing that here in UK? Needless to say mil is very happy we have changed from Cyprus to Czech!!!!  We don't have a clinic here since we went off to do treatment abroad so no help with anything.  Anyway good luck for Tues and hope everything goes well.

I have been reading about these scans some of you have been having or need.  Is this a necessity?  Petra hasn't mentioned anything and we haven't budgeted for any extra scans.  When we were cycling in Cyprus they gave you a scan when you arrived to check the thickness of the endometrium and mine has always been triple lined and the correct thickness for what they are looking for.  Will I have to have one of these done here privately before we go?

We are having the blood tests they require out there when we go for our consultation middle of Aug so hopefully if there are any problems we can sort them before we cycle at the end of Oct.

Def agree with the laptop and films idea, we did that in Cyprus.  After we had been once we had done all the tourist stuff which wasn't much as we were in the north and we went for longer the 2nd time so we got through a few fair movies lol.  We are staying at the Nika Centrum when we go for our consultation as we are only going for 2 days so Petra said she would pick us up and take us there.  We can then get a feel for the place but we may very well end up staying in Prague for our treatment week, hire a car and then just travel to clinic when needed.  I like the sound of the comfy matresses Gailgegirl, the beds in the Cyprus hotel they use in your package were so hard.  We put the bedspread and a duvet underneath us and that was just about bearable and I mean just about!!!!

Hope everything goes well with your tests Addison.  Why do you need the 'probing of the cervix' if you don't mind me asking?  Does everyone need that?  I'm just panicking I will need all these extra scans lol.

My excitement is my meds are at the post office, will pick up tomorrow.  Why am I excited about drugs?  I have no idea it's a crazy time!!!  I've been a bit fed up of late, just fed up in job (I'm a Nanny) so sometimes it's hard to motivate myself especially when my bosses are being a pain which they can be frequently.  They don't respect 22yrs of experience and all I want is my own kids.  I only work 3 days though so just enough to get me through!!  The kids are great tho (usually lol) but it's just constant reminder of what I don't have.  And then there's the playgroups and activities with babies everywhere, it's very tough at times.

Anyways feeling positive about the next step, it's my birthday on Sun so going to have a big splurge out over weekend, meals out, a few glasses of vino and then come Mon healthy eating all the way!!!!!!

Hi Dilly Dolly, I couldn't find much out when I was researching, I think its because this is a new clinic compared to some of the others but I think that's good cus I think they genuinely want to help you.  The clinic looks really fab and the communication from Petra has been amazing.  I emailed other cliniics but just had the 'feel' for this one if you know what I mean!! Petra is doing everything to answer all my questions especially cus I have done 2 cycles in Cyprus so getting my head around a different protocol and drugs.  She has been very patient!!!! Communication was dire at my last clinic to say the least so it's very refreshing to be dealing with Petra and by the sounds of it the other ladies have been dealing with other staff and they are equally as efficient.

Anyway hope you ladies all have a great weekend, and I am also glad to see the board picking up.  I really enjoyed my Cyprus board but just feel a little out of place there now so pleased this was has been set up.  Hopefully it will grow and we get lots of successes!!

#3 ·
Hi everyone and wow what an amazing and supportive thread we have going here  :) ^hugme^  :)

Hi to Dillydolly and yes there isn't much info out there on ReproGenesis because they only opened last year. I too searched and searched for reviews because I was so interested in them. I just went with my gut feeling in the end: I still asked Petra (the IVF coordinator) lots of questions and I was always impressed with the replies I received and how organised, also efficient they seemed.

Addison I hope your scan went o.k. and you manage to get the thyroid meds sorted. I started mine a few days ago. It's so frustrating when our GPs can't help and it often seems like such a battle to try and organise things with them. I've been backwards and forwards with phone calls and e-mails with my GP to get my thyroid meds organised. Petra sent me a letter in the end to pass on to my doctor that said what the ideal level of TSH was for implantation. Hassles we don't need Hey?!  I asked Petra about the 'probing of the cervix' as I have never had any problems with previous transfers and my last one was quite recent so she was fine with me not requiring one. I've just finished my 'mock' cycle and need to up my meds for the proper cycle to increase my lining.

Thanks UKgirl.....yes I think we're going to opt for a hotel that's fairly central and super news that Petra may help with transfers especially as DH is likely to be quite sore! I'm having  two scans in the UK. One that I've already had for the mock cycle to see how to adjust the meds for the proper cycle and then another to check my ovaries and uterus just as I begin the proper cycle. I think this one is because I've had problems with cysts. My scans cost £100 each and they were through a company called ultrasound direct, also they use the name babybond. They have numerous centres all throughout the UK.

Hi Loki girl....I know, bless Petra: She needs to familiar herself with the inefficiencies of the NHS that we all have to deal with! :) She has apologised so many times about the hassles in the UK to sort things out and how different it is in The CR. I also know how you feel when you talk about your job: That you can get even more downhearted being around children. I teach young children and even though they often make me smile it seems to make me more frustrated too  ^hugme^ Happy Birthday for Sunday. I hope you have a fab time and enjoy all those treats. I might have a naughty glass of fizzy tonight. It is Friday!! :)

Gailgegirl.....fab idea about a media player...Think that could save (some of !) our sanity! :) Yes, the Barcelo Palace looks lovely and yes expensive :eek: :eek: DH is trying to steer me away from that one :( hee hee. Good luck with getting all your tests started and sorted too.

AFM.... I too did get excited the other day when my next round of meds arrived. Guess it feels like it's all happening. There's a lot of injecting to do though! Eeeek, DH will do his usual good job of injecting a rather nervous patient. I hate needles, really don't now how I'm going to cope with a giant needle on Tuesday for the cyst aspiration. I'll try to be brave or  perhaps sedation might be part of it along with the local anaesthetic!

Take care all and hoooooray, it's Friday:) xxxxx

#4 ·
Hi Loki Girl and Daisy,

Had my scan and all my blood tests yesterday evening (about 7pm cause of work, nightmare) got a copy of the print of the scan pictures myself and also emailed to Ivona along with a full report, blood tests came back this afternoon, also sent to me and Ivona, thank goodness for Diana at 'Cherish' (sutton Coldfield).

TSH now within normal range but still to high for IVF so just waiting for an update from Ivona.

The HRT may have caused one of the fibroids to grow quite big so another scan needed to check that but either way its not going to be an issue as it doesn't effect my lining and/or womb. I also had my blood group done, can't believe I couldn't remember what it was.

I believe the probing is like a mock transfer, I believe it's needed cause the cervix is muscle and will try to keep it's natural size during the transfer, Ive only had my son (natural pregnancy and birth, now 26yrs old) but no other treatments to compare it with so I'll have to do it.

Just finishing work, got to dash home, hopefully further update later

#5 ·
Just wanted to say thanks for mentioning Cherish Addison.  I looked it up as I don't live too far from Sutton so it's nice to keep it in mind should I need these scans but I also looked up Babybond and they have an office in Birmingham so not too bad either.  Hopefully I won't need too many at that price range lol!!!  ::)

Thanx for the birthday wishes too Daisybunny.  ^hugme^  Feeling a bit bitter sweet as I always wanted a baby before I was 40 and now will be turning 41!!!  Hopefully it will finally be our time and our little baby will be ready for us this time!!! ^pray^

Have a great weekend ladies

#6 ·
The scans and tests are quite a price Loki Girl and I know the HIV and such I could have had done for free but it would have taken a lot more time and I'm hell bent on starting my transfer cycle on time, in August.

Also there is always a problem with getting my veins to take blood, last november when I had my last tests done the nurse at the doctors surgery had 6 tries and then said it wasn't fair on her or me to keep trying so they sent me off to Good Hope, I drank tons of water and they got the blood after 5 tries. Diana at Cherish did my AMH around the same time and got the blood first time and again yesterday didn't have any trouble so I'd pay extra for that, quite often nurses have had to go into the back of my hand so theres always drama when I have my bloods done so I let Diana take the lot this time, even the ones I could have got for free. Cherish is still cheaper than many others, the evening appointments are useful and I live about 10 minutes from there.

I know Daisy, I haven't even asked my GP for the TSH meds, my levels are now within the range so I would definitely get a resounding NO but I'm just ordering all my treatment meds until transfer to be sent from Brno next week so it's sat here waiting.

Ive got to go back over posts and do some research on travel and places to stay, when I searched recently I couldn't find a direct flight from Birmingham so I haven't got any idea of how which why or where I'm staying so that will be my next task

enjoy your weekend ladies x

#7 ·
Wow Addison what a trauma. Thankfully u have found somewhere where they can take it a lot more efficiently. U certainly don't need all that stress!!

We were disappointed that flights were not easier from Birmingham too. No direct to Brno and not that frequent to Prague especially because we wanted to fly out Fri and return Sat and we couldn't do that. We have ended up having to go down to Stansted Thurs night for an early flight to Brno Fri morn then we'll fly back Sat. Hopefully when we go for actual treatment there may be but more flexibility on flights. It's a shame because we chose Prague because it was closer yet we are struggling with flights so bit of a shame but we'll get there!!!

Hope u get something sorted. Good luck with your research!!

#8 ·
I think the calendar idea is a great idea Gailgegirl. We had same thing on our Cyprus board and it was nice to see who was going out etc. I'd be up for it!!

Picked up my meds today but haven't been brave enough to open the huge box yet lol. I mite scare myself!!

#9 ·
Hee hee now chocolate sounds like a plan maybe with something stringer on the side lol!!

We are due to go last week of October

#10 ·
Hi Loki and gailgegirl,

Ive skipped loads of tests over the year cause of the bloods but I just can't dodge these IVF ones  ;D , there just aren't any veins there at all, my DH is training to be a phlebotomist and he said the mistake people make is looking for the veins instead of feeling for them but I'm just glad it's over, at the very worst my TSH may have to be repeated.

I'm scarred of flying as well , so I've only really ever gone as far as spain as thats more or less the nearest sunny location from the U.K so I didn't want to be changing flights and messing about but scans and bloods are eating into my budget so I'm going to try and book the cheap flights in advance and hope for the best.

I'm almost at the end of my first lot of HRT and Repro (Ivona) sent my dates (subject to change) last week.

finish first HRT in a few days
start next lot 5th day of next cycle
transfer cycle starts 2nd August
Egg and sperm collection 20th August
Transfer 25th August

I know they're loose dates but it's helpful for planning, I'm going to try and go over early so we can have the sperm analysis done there as it's a fortune over here and will just eat into my ever dwindling budget.

I like the sound of the Posh palace but DH is also frowning when I mention it  ;D

I can't wait to get my medication, I just love opening parcels of any description, even other peoples, delivered to my house, of course lol

whats in the big box?

#11 ·
As long as I don't get a window seat  :(

I'll keep my eye on those prices while I'm researching, it would be nice to stay there, DH would have us in a hut at the back of the clinic if he heard it could be done for free  ;D

We haven't told anyone about our treatment, Our anniversary is in September so we're just saying we're going away to celebrate that and thats the only time we could get off work at the same time, it's just not a particularly cheap time to travel

#12 ·
Hi Gailgegirl,

Great idea for the calendar, much easier to keep track of everyone now that there are so many people joining the thread!

Feel free to add me, I'll be over for 2 weeks mid September, won't know exact date until August.

Have a great weekend everyone xx

#15 ·
Hi everyone  ^hugme^

Gailgegirl....what a super idea to make a calender :) :) We're hopefully out for EC on the 23rd July.  Petra gave me a date (give or take 1/2 days) just before I started my mock cycle. She said to me they're always fairly accurate with this.  Petra also said that they prefer TSH levels to be around 2 or lower. Mine was 3 so I'm taking thyroid meds to try and lower it (and quickly!). We are exactly the same in not telling anyone about our treatment. I only told a few friends when I was having my OE IVFs and found it so stressy with people asking me questions (I know they meant well) and then explaining how cycles had failed was even worse. Both our families also wouldn't be the most understanding and would definitely fuss so much! So, we are also saying we're having a holiday.

Hee hee hee....yes a few of our DH's are not up for the posh palace.....I am keeping an eye on the price and it's pretty constant (expensive!!) for the end of July  :(  The Grand is looking a lot better price wise and I also like the look of The Royal Ricc.

Loki girl and Gailgegirl... you definitely have the right idea with alcohol and chocolate. I did stick to my plan and was a little naughty with a few glasses of fizzy last night  :) DH and I also indulged in a very scrummy chocolate torte at lunchtime. Then found out that my serving was 36% of my daily fat allowance....oops....I wanted seconds too!!  :(  Really must get back to the healthy plan.

Loki girl.....have you opened that box yet????? Are you saving it for tomorrow?? ;)  You're definitely still a spring chicken so definitely no worries are allowed about being in the new 30s, you will get your time  ^reiki^ xxx

Addison...poor you, those injections sound awful for you ^hugme^ I'm glad that you've got some of them sorted. You'll be out for treatment a month after me! We're going to try and book our flights this week. DH found that if you book with Whizz Air (Luton-Brno) you can pay a small fee to have some flexibility with dates. How have you got on with the HRT? I don't think I felt  that different but I'm feeling better for taking the thyroid meds.

Hi UKgirl......think I need more of your willpower to stick with my healthy plan.

Hi to Bunny Hop.....ooooo yes bubbles are goooood! x

Thanks everyone for the good wishes re: my naughty cyst. Valium sounds like an excellent plan! :)

Take care all  ^hugme^ xx

#16 ·
Dear all, welcome to your Reprogenesis current cycle support thread.

The purpose of this thread is to support those who are currently having similar treatment @ Reprogenesis, in the lead up to your treatment and the immediate aftermath. As such we ask that for those undergoing treatment, discussions in this thread remain on topic and supportive for them.

This thread is open ended and it's anticipated that members will use it for support and then move on to other areas as and when required. If you have finished your treatment cycle, you are more than welcome to continue to support those coming along after but please bear this in mind.

For general pregnancy & parenting support in this area: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=261043.0

If you'd like to be added to the Czech Hall of Fame, please PM me and I'll add your details: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267052.0

Please bear in mind Site Guidelines: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260253.0

Some other useful links:

Questions for your first consultation
Information About supplements and diet
What can improve egg quality and quantity
2WW- ladies in waiting
Links For Info on OHSS
Negative Cycle follow up questions
Support ~ Pregnancy Boards
Post Your HCG Levels
Waiting For Early Pregnancy scans

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Mini xx ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tis xx

#17 ·
Thanks Thetis, this should make things easier to keep track now that there seems to be so much info on Repro.  To think not that long ago I felt like the only person that was going there as I really struggled to find any information out there never mind anyone else that had been/was planning to go!

I feel so much better now that all us Repro ladies have found each other and can give support and advice to help each other along our journeys.

DaisyBunny it looks like you are officially up next with just a few weeks to go, how exciting!  I really have all my fingers and toes crossed for you  ^hugme^

So far I have surprised myself with my healthy eating willpower, saying that, it has only been a few weeks and I have to keep going until September eek!  I spent another £40 at Holland and Barrett yesterday buying supplements, who knew it could be so expensive!  I also gave myself a chocolate fix by relaxing in a chocolate face mask yesterday, I felt this was a compromise rather than eating some lol

Like most ladies on here we have only told a few people close to us about our treatment so it is great to have this thread and support as I have certainly had a few down times when things don't seem to go to plan and another hurdle appears out of nowhere. It really helps to know that I'm not alone and there are other people out there that understand.

My younger brother and his wife are expecting their first baby in December, which will be my parents first grandchild, so there is alot of baby talk and excitement in the family at the moment which makes things that bit harder.  I am excited at having my first niece/nephew to spoil but it does upset me that myself and dh haven't been able to have a baby of our own yet and knowing what we have to go through just to have a chance of it happening.  Being 5 years older and being with dh for 11 years I guess that people expected us to have the first family baby and now assume that we just haven't been interested in having one.  My aunt even jokes that maybe once my niece/nephew is born that I'll get broody and I need to remember that I'm not getting any younger!!  If only she knew...

Anyway, my weekend treat of homemade carrot cupcakes and a real cup of tea beckon, I really know how to live on the edge these days  ;D

Hope all you ladies are doing well today xx

#18 ·
Thanks for my birthday wishes ladies. I wish my big box was a present but it was all my meds lol!! Took one look at all the packaging and thought I'll unwrap that later and find somewhere to store it all!!

Just going to check with Petra that I am just starting with the HRT after my next period whenever that decides to arrive and the folic acid and aspirin. Guess injections and everything are for much later.

Hope everyone having a good weekend me and DH off out for some yummy tapas for my birthday meal!!

Moderator Note: Merged with the cycle buddies thread ;)

#20 ·
Gailgegirl,

Well done on bypassing the biccies, part of my plan is that if I don't have goodies in the house then I can't be tempted! We also did our big healthy shop again today and I did weaken slightly as I bought a huge strawberry tart (they just looked so yummy and were calling my name!), justifying that it has fruit on it so must be ok :)

The fact that dh is eating healthy too makes it much easier as we keep each other going by reminding ourselves that there is a bigger plan and it will all be worth it one day.

I totally understand with your niece, you are excited and happy but then sad that it isn't you and wonder if it ever will be. Here's hoping that we will both be mummies as well as aunties soon.  ^pray^

Your day at the beach with fur babies sounds lovely, we had our fur baby at the park and it was nice to have some sunshine for a change  :)

Off to put my feet up for a while and watch a movie before back to another long week at work, sigh! xx

#21 ·
Happy Birthday Loki Girl!  ^hugme^  I'm sorry I missed that. :(

So I'm trying to lose weight too before we go over (in addition to having to wait simply because we want to be moved to the new house first. ;) )  I'm doing WW myself.  Are any of you who are also trying to lose weight on formal weight loss programs?  Or are you doing things on your own?  Or fertility diets?

Are any of you exercising?  I have the Zumba for the Wii and I really want to try it!  I purchased it a while back and just haven't done it yet. :p  I also have an exercise bike.

Anything else you're doing to prep your bodies for the cycles?

What are you doing to help pass the time?  For us I think most of the time right now is spend sorting through things in our house and purging what we don't want to move/keep, and packing what we won't need until after the move.  Fun fun!  Other than that, I am crocheting a big big blanket for our bed.  First thing I think I have made that is for my husband and myself!  Usually I'm making something for someone else.

#22 ·
Happy Birthday Loki girl....Tapas sounds lovely, hope you had a fab time xxx

Well done UKgirl and gailgegirl for all the efforts to be healthy. I give myself a hard time for my weekend treats but generally I think I'm not doing too bad. I just can't cut the choccy out all together! Wondering if I should start stopping my Friday 2 glasses of fizzy now too :(  I had to have a chat with DH to try and be healthier with me too. It has definitely helped.

Bunnyhop...I have the Zumba for the wii! For me it started off o.k then as it progressed it quickly did a massive jump to much trickier stuff. I was in stitches laughing (so was DH watching me) at myself trying to keep up with the crazy moves. You might have more coordination and concentration than me though! Well done for making such a lovely blanket for the both of you

UK girl, definitely know what you mean about hurdles. Just when you think one thing is sorted, something else crops up for you to get over. It must be hard that your little bro and wife are expecting. I am the only one within my close circle of friends that doesn't have children. Of course I am so happy for them but it does make me sad  too. I won't give up hope though and you will have your time too...keep believing  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Gailgegirl and UK girl, what fur babies do you have? I have a very cute bundle of fluff Maltese puppy. He's 8 months old, very nutty and I got him just after my last IVF cycle. I'm sure it was loving him that got me through feeling very low.

Gailgegirl, a day at the beach definitely sounds lovely.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for us all :) xxx

#24 ·
Hi Gailgegirl,

My strawberry tart was as yummy as it looked, mmmm  :)  Good luck with your diet and I did laugh at you confessing to only having watched your zumba dvd from the bed  ;D 
Your patchwork quilt sounds like a lovely gift for your niece, I wish I was that talented.

DaisyBunny, 

There is so much mixed advice about what to eat and drink or what to avoid with some people getting a BFP without changing their diet and those that change everything and still get a BFN.  Obviously a sensible diet will help but I think what you eat and drink is a personal choice in what feels right for you.  I personally believe that a positive mental approach and staying relaxed is the most important thing.

My fur baby is a rescue collie cross, with a bit of spaniel.  He is a happy, gentle soul and loves mummy cuddles! It's amazing how much joy they can bring to your life and really lift you up at times.

I also laughed at your zumba crazy moves.  I used to go to zumba classes and in the beginning it was fine but as I also have rubbish co-ordination and as the class got harder I gradually moved to the back so no-one could see me moving in opposite directions from everyone else!

BunnyHop,

I'm not following a formal diet, more of a fertility diet.  I'm just trying to eat healthier to make sure I'm getting all the vitamins, minerals, proteins etc and hopefully lose a few stubborn pounds while I'm at it.  I'm also taking a load of supplements as advised from the thread on here and in Zita West's IVF book, I figure they won't do me any harm and if they do help then even better. 

I'm also having acupuncture, fortnightly at the moment although I'll probably make it weekly nearer the time and I've got a couple of IVF meditation cds that I've started listening to which help me relax and build my positive thinking!

Good luck with WW and zumba, sound like a good plan!  I bet your blanket is lovely, I would love to learn to crochet, maybe one day I'll find the time.

Addison,

I'm finding it easier to keep track of everything now.  Not long until it's your turn, hope all is going well  ^hugme^

xx

#25 ·
Hi All

I apologise for not wring a proper post with personals but am up against it at work and seem to have visitors constantly.

Just to say, Please could you add me to your list.  I am going for a consult on 16th July and transfer 1st September (funny I was originally predicted 25th, same as Addison, but donor chosen isn't available until later.

Fee
xx

getting so exited, this thread is really gaining momentum.

#26 ·
Hi everyone, thought I would quickly check out the new thread and had 3 pages to catch up on!!!

Just quick post cus at work but thank you for all the lovely birthday messages. I def overdid the tapas but started my healthy eating plan yesterday. So far so good but still early days lol. I used to do Weightwatchers and found it really good. Charting and counting points works for me. I'm not going to officially rejoin but just follow some of the plans I did before. For me it's all about portion sizings lol!!

Emailed Petra bout the no needles and bless her she said she didn't realise that and she would give me some when we go out. But we are only taking hand luggage on our consultation so won't be able to bring them back. I think I will ask her if she will post me them. She also put my mind at ease telling me she'll let me know exactly when and how to do everything - phew. One more thing to stop worrying about tho sure there will be more!!!

I'm also pleased there are now a few of us to support each other and help with questions etc.

Better go, hope u all having a good week so far despite the weather!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.