* Author Topic: Serum Welcome/Questions/General Thread 2  (Read 71508 times)

0 Members

Online cooljules

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Serum Welcome/Questions/General Thread 2
« Reply #700 on: 11/02/13, 16:03 »
Gumdrops - I did mine through Serum and paid via PayPal.

Offline gumdrops

modify
« Reply #701 on: 11/02/13, 16:53 »
Hi cooljules,

Thanks for your reply.  I done the test through locus meds, not serum.  Had a look on PayPal, filled in amount and they are asking for recipients email address, is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Offline lisa32

• Don't give up on your dreams. XX
modify
« Reply #702 on: 11/02/13, 17:19 »
Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone knows or has had any experience with surgical sperm retrieval at Serum.

We are due to have a DE cycle in April and my partner and I are discussing whether to have a TESA performed at EC or just to go for a donor embryo. He has had a SSR performed at our previous clinic and sperm were found and frozen but unfortunately we weren't able to ship it over to Greece. We were told that the sperm retrieved were of a reasonable good quality but I am just unsure of what to do. He would ideally like the child to be genetically his but thinking realistically the donor embryo would give us a much higher success rate. I just don't know what to do for the best. I know you ladies can't make the decision for me but I just hoped that someone may have had some experience of it to try and help me come to a decision because at the moment my head is just swimming.

Thank you

Lisa xx

Online cooljules

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #703 on: 11/02/13, 17:34 »
Gumdrops - if they accept PayPay they will have an email address associated with their PayPal account. You just need to ask them which email address.

Offline gumdrops

modify
« Reply #704 on: 11/02/13, 17:59 »
Hi cooljules,

Thanks for your help, I think I am sorted, done a transfer via my bank.

Gumdrops x

Online cooljules

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #705 on: 11/02/13, 18:57 »
No worries Gumdrops - I run an online business :) Glad you got it sorted!

Offline farmgirl

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #706 on: 11/02/13, 20:03 »
Hi
I just wanted to stop by and say a huge massive thank you to agate for looking after us in Athens. How did you do that I bet you are asking :0) without your amazing files I never would have had the confidence to go abroad and have an operation, find serum, and have all our tests. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for putting all the time effort and sharing your knowledge with us. I did sit on the plane and think what am I doing bit that was the only doubt I had.
We know so much more now, I have endometriosis (had) its been lasered off,( I had no idea)  a fibroid removed and miscarriage material and scarring removed, my immunes tested and hubby had DNA sperm frag test so we are much more wiser. I have had a laporoscopy in England but my fibroid was left in and there was no mention of endo. So I would just like to say how glad I am we went. Penny is as lovely as everyone says, the day we arrived it was her 50th bday yet she still stayed on to see us.
Thank you again to agate.
Big hello to everyone xxxx

Offline purplenick

• Deep Dark
modify
« Reply #707 on: 12/02/13, 01:11 »
DITTO to what farmgirl said. Thank you Agate. You are AMAZING.

Offline agate

• half human, half jelly
  • Volunteer
modify
« Reply #708 on: 12/02/13, 09:10 »
Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone knows or has had any experience with surgical sperm retrieval at Serum.

We are due to have a DE cycle in April and my partner and I are discussing whether to have a TESA performed at EC or just to go for a donor embryo. He has had a SSR performed at our previous clinic and sperm were found and frozen but unfortunately we weren't able to ship it over to Greece. We were told that the sperm retrieved were of a reasonable good quality but I am just unsure of what to do. He would ideally like the child to be genetically his but thinking realistically the donor embryo would give us a much higher success rate. I just don't know what to do for the best. I know you ladies can't make the decision for me but I just hoped that someone may have had some experience of it to try and help me come to a decision because at the moment my head is just swimming.

Thank you

Lisa xx

it must be right that there is a higher success rate with proven donor sperm than with SSR sperm, but only you and your partner could really answer the question of how hard you feel you have to try before with OS before you are ready for DS?
maybe try and write down the options and possible outcomes then try and sit down to discuss how you would feel about each one
e.g., you use DD - and it works,
it doesn't work
you use DS - and it doesn't work
you use DS - and it works

if the answer is that if you use DS and it works and you both feel happy then that might help you decide?

farmgirl, brookie and purplenick: thank you!

Offline Pixie50

modify
« Reply #709 on: 12/02/13, 11:24 »
Hi there

Just wondering if someone can help me out with this one? Penny told me to take folic acid 5mg, but I didn't realise that you couldn't get them without a prescription in the UK. Luckily I bought 2 boxes from Serum so I've got plenty to be going on with but just wondering where other ff ladies have got them from?  Do I ask Penny for a private script or do I just buy them online from another country? Seen some on ebay from Turkey but a bit cautious about buying from unknown sources.  Suppose if all else fails I can always take 12 normal ones daily!

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal