* Author Topic: gestone injections will i bleed before OTD??  (Read 1876 times)

0 Members

Offline kimmy 30

Hi

I don't know if anyone else has been on gestone injections(in the bottom) to support progesterone in 2ww?

I have raised NK cells so on extra immune's this is my first cycle with them! the question i have is:
Will it stop me bleeding before my OTD? as bleed on the pessaries before OTD

Does anyone have any experience of this? just want to prepare myself and would prefer a bleed so i know its over if that makes sense?

Kimmy xxx

Offline mrsknight

modify
Re: gestone injections will i bleed before OTD??
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/13, 00:07 »
Hey kimmy, aww same transfer date as me, I had two hatched blasts put back, first cycle I bleed 5 days after transfer so like you am having gestone injections, from my understanding your not meant to bleed when they give you extra progesterone but I guess time will tell. I have been gettin terrible period cramps from day of transfer which is what happened first cycle, there constant and bloody killing me, so I am positive its not worked so like you I would rather have a bleed so I could move on.

I was looking into immune testing after this failed cycle as both times had perfect cycles up until implantation, I noticed you have nk cells, did you have immune testing for that? Where did you have it?

Have you been gettin any cramps? X

Offline agate

• half human, half jelly
  • Volunteer
modify
« Reply #2 on: 20/01/13, 09:11 »
if the jabs keep your p4 up you shouldnt bleed - maybe just spotting -not bleeding before otd gives you a better chance of` getting implantation - thats the whole reason for using the jabs

Online hbkmorris

• Gold Member
  • Please make me a mummy x
modify
« Reply #3 on: 20/01/13, 09:18 »
I am on gestone as I have always bled prior to OTD with cyclogest so now I'm 100mg gestone and 2x400mg cyclogest just make sure I don't bleed.

I have had my nk cells and other immunes and although I have slightly raised nk cells (uterine) the rest have all come back clear but my new fantastic clinic are happy for me to take the full immunes package which includes clexane, prednisolone & intralipids if this doesn't work then I can't see how I'm ever going to get pg!!!

good luck to you and may we have BFP's all round xxxxx

Offline ♥JJ1♥

• Gold Member
  • Thanks for all the bubbles
modify
« Reply #4 on: 20/01/13, 09:44 »
Many clinics use IM gestone in 2ww - I have never bled during the 2ww on it

Offline kimmy 30

modify
« Reply #5 on: 20/01/13, 17:57 »
Hi - mrsknight thanks for your reply! not had too much cramping a couple of twinges but not painful!
my clinic i was at tested for it as on my first cycle i had a mmc at 8.4wks and my second cycle i had two blasts transfered and bleed the day before OTD they must of thought something was wrong! and am i glad they did the director sat down in her follow up with me amazing lady can't thank her enough as tested positive! (Is your otd 23rd?)

Thanks agate wasn't sure what to expect as first round with immunes and was sure someone would be able to put my mind at rest  ;)

Hi hbkmorris- this is my first cycle with immunes sounds like were on the same drugs! as you say if this doesn't work i don't know what will? good luck with your cycle  ^reiki^

thanks jj1- will get ready if i don;t bleed to not take it as a positive don't want to get my hopes up!

Online hbkmorris

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #6 on: 20/01/13, 18:11 »
Kimmy my consultant said that there is no way I should bleed with all that I'm taking.. She said that the immunes drugs, gestone & cyclogest will bung me up until I stop all meds or at least reduce the immunes stuff!!

Yep we have to think positive but I do worry coz if this doesn't work I'm at a total loss!! So IT has to work and I'm not letting go of that wish.. I'm going to start praying xxx

Offline mrsknight

modify
« Reply #7 on: 20/01/13, 18:42 »
Hey ladies, am really interested in the immunes issue, are we born with these cells in us? I had been pregnant many years ago 3 times in fact and never had any problem, since then my tubes got locked but IVF bypasses the. So really thought I would have no trouble failing pregnant wih IVF. I was wrong.

I am finding it  it quite difficult to get a price for immunes , I can get my levals one at GP it's such a lot of money and haing read up there is no absolute proof they effect IVF???  We have said that we will have to get them done if this cycle fails, I had a hysteroscopy and laporoscopy in December both were clear. I may possibly have another hysteroscopy with adhesion marks? But again don't know how much of a difference that makes.

Any comments advice?

Online hbkmorris

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #8 on: 20/01/13, 18:56 »
Well like you said immunes stuff is a mind field.

Well for me I was going to Dr Gorgy in London then I found a professor at Coventry Reproductive Medicine who studies mc (not had) & multiple IVF implantation (check-had!) she tests the uterine nkcells by a biopsy and if these levels are high they can cause damage or kill off an unwanted embryo.

I had mine tested and low and behold it was 5.9% upper than normal so long story short yes my nk cells where up but not that high even still she advised me to take 20mg Prednisolone with any forthcoming IVF cycle she then went onto informing me that it may be useful for me to have the balance of level 2's blood clotting etc at my new clinic as I may need further drugs to aid me. I was so worried about waiting my money but then it dawned on me I've spent 18k to that point so what was another 1k. My clinic performed all the balance of level two and all has come back normal but some are showing higher norm so again we decided I'd start full immunes drugs regardless as nothing I'd take and non of the doses would harm me.

I can't say if its made a difference or not but I now believe I've tried my all and there's nothing more I can do. It's up to the powers of him upstairs if this doesn't work I think I'll try my frozen embies then leave it a while as I'm not sure I can cope with to much more of this negative heartache.

If I was you go and get tested what you can and pay to get your level 2's don't regardless of the outcome.. I'm glad I have xxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal