Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

All things DEIVF @ Shady Grove

163K views 2K replies 27 participants last post by  Shoegirl10 
#1 ·
                                ^fairydust^ Welcome ^fairydust^

A place to share experiences and advice, normally on FF we would have a cycle thread then other threads that would cover after treatment support.  As there is just a few of you at the moment that are regularly posting I think we should just keep it to the one thread.  All I would ask is that as before you keep your chat on topic, respectful and supportive... Basically just keep doing what you have been doing  ;D ;D

Shout out if you need anything, but I will leave you all in one anothers capable hands  :)

#2 ·
Thanks Tracyl. I would love to hear from all the experienced ladies how you managed to choose your donors, which things you prioritised, which pictures (or not) you were shownd, etc.
Thanks!

#3 ·
Hi everyone  :)

Think I'm meant to post here now???  ^idiot^

Hope everyone's well and getting ready for the weekend  :)

Hi Carito - welcome to this board and us fellow SGers  ;D  Donor choice is one of the hardest things we found - we agonised and debated donors for weeks before finally making a choice. We looked at the database independently and each selected our top 5 and whittled it down from there. We had physical characteristics that were important to us, medical history and then personal statements......DH was keen on education and skills but I was less worried about those.  Photos - all donors have baby/childhood photos and some choose to include adult photos so it varies......I liked seeing the adult ones but then the donor we chose hadn't posted any so it didn't influence our final choice!  :)

Afm - et date confirmed as Thursday -  ^scared^ ^scared^.....have had to amend flight booking with concierge and the revised ones are mega expensive so will have a look myself later I think  :(

Take care
Claire x

#4 ·
Hi Claire, thank you so much for sharing your experience! I take you used SG's donors right?
Good luck with your ET! Is DH going with you?
All the best,
Carito

#5 ·
Hi Cariti - welcome to the thread. Picking a donor is a very strange process and it took us quite a while to get to grips with it and choose someone. We finally went with someone who had some physical resemblance to myself and we liked her personal statement. We did see adult pictures but I think we would have chosen her regardless. Feel free to ask any other questions as we are all here to support each other.

Claire - just a thought, did they quote you for flying back on fri/sat? If so it might be worth staying an extra night and flying home on Sunday as this might be much cheaper. We did that and it still worked out a lot cheaper even with the extra nights accommodation and food etc. Hope you manage to sort it out and it's not too stressfull.

Hi to everyone else, hope you all have a good weekend xx

#6 ·
Hi Lou and anyone else reading!

Yes it's because I'm not staying a Saturday night - will have to cost the additional nights as you say but as I'm going on my own I don't really want to stay any longer than I have to really  :(  also going to see about using our air miles and flying BA......will have to see how it pans out.....

starting the PIO jabs tonight  ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ - wish me luck everyone  ;)

Claire x

#7 ·
Thanks Lou and good luck Claire!!

#9 ·
Hi girls  ;D

Carito welcome  ^hugme^ you will find this site really helpful and all the girls are lovely and really supportive. We looked at adult pics and that helped us. At the time we were selecting there was a very good choice.

Claire, it's all happening. Hope you managed to sort flights and I'd agree with Lou, I also think I read before that including weekend days will help the price...that's why SG do their international patients first visit on Fridays and Mondays. Hope all going really well embryo wise. They are great at giving you daily updates  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Hi to everyone else, keep positive x

#10 ·
Hello ladies  :)

Thanks for the advice - have booked flights using air miles rather than the concierge as I don't want to stay extra nights.....have managed to get premium economy seats too  ;D. Please can I check if anyone used the super shuttle for transfers? If so did you pre book or was it easy enough to get one back via your hotel? Sorry lots of questions  ^idiot^

PIO jabs going okay - using heat afterwards which seems to help although I do have an achey bum  :eek: SG are keeping us well informed - we have 9 eggs so waiting for the fertilisation report today  :)

Little Ted - how's your 2ww going?  ^hugme^ I've been reading lots of stuff about what to do/not to do on the 2ww - have you been following any particular advice? 

Lou - do you know when you're heading back for your frosties? I'd rather not be going on my own but my mum's away and DH has to stay at home to look after DS. I'm not looking forward to being on my own much more than the actual transfer  :)

Hope everyone else is doing well - sorry this is a mainly 'me' post  :eek:

Claire x

#11 ·
Hi Lou, 9 is fab! Nice one.

I pre booked the shuttle via the concierge but have used it before and pre booked myself. Might be best to pre book in case it makes it less of a wait when you arrive. It's very good value.

Re the 2 ww, the only things I have avoided are caffeine and even decaf, alcohol, hoovering oh and ironing ( no reason re the ironing, I just hate it  ;D ) I also ate Brazil nuts to help implantation. Haven't had any extra stuff like acupuncture this time apart from the pre and post sessions at the clinic.

Keep us posted, it's getting exciting. I went on my own too and was absolutely fine, honest x

#12 ·
Ps the transfer is absolutely fine, the worst bit is the full bladder. I thought I was going to have an accident  ^roflmao^

#13 ·
Hi!

Thanks Little Ted - will probably pre-book the shuttle just so it's done......I'm having regular acupuncture here and have also booked pre and post transfer sessions at SG  :) Thanks for sharing your 2ww thoughts.....I've given up caffeine and alcohol and am busy munching Brazil nuts  ;D

Just heard that 5 eggs fertilised - don't know whether that's okay  ???  But hey can't do much to influence things anyway so need to stop stressing  ;)

Claire x

#14 ·
Hi everyone
Looks like i have a bit to catch up on! Belated welcome to carito! I think all other ladies have said it all...but we took bit of time to choose a donor, based on physical characteristics first, we only had baby photos which we were ok with.

Claire, i have booked a private car on landing as getting there so late but will get the shuttle back. Travelling on my own too...not looking forward to.it much but helps that been before with DH. Have to.confess that i am looking forward to reading lots of books, time to myself!!

Have first set of bloods and scan tomorrow. Lupron giving me evil headaches, no fun, but not much longer now!

Hope everyone else ok...not quite caught up yet!
Xx

#15 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm feeling excited for the girls that are having ET soon! 5 embryos waiting for you Claire, that's nice! Good luck!!

I had an incident today: DH's away in Paris and I had to inject myself the 4th dose of Delestradiol. DH did the first, I've done myself 2nd and 3rd dose without any problems, but this morning I tried on my right thigh and couldn't, tried on my left and also couldn't go all the way through and next thing I know I passed out. I woke up 5 minutes later laying on the bathroom floor half naked and not knowing where I am, feeling nausea, dizziness, tingling hands and feet, short breath... it was horrible! went to bed, waited to see if I felt better but I ended up calling 999 and a friend to come along. How embarrassing! I'm not sure if it was a side effect of the medication or (more likely) the fear of self injecting a big intramuscular needle!

Dr Levy has changed the injections to tablets, both for my mock cycle and for the real cycle... I hope it doesn't jeopardize my chances of success :(

#16 ·
And thanks for the welcome and feedback re choosing your donor, babycakes and littleted!

#17 ·
Hi everyone!

Firstly a big welcome Carito! And just want to say goodness I hope you are OK? I wonder if your body just panicked and passed out?  I am glad Dr Levy has changed you to tablets, that's a lot easier.  Regarding donors, I think I have posted this before but how we did it was me and DH looked at the donor database separately and drew up a shortlist separately and then came together and compared which donors we felt were suitable and why.  Different criteria will be important to you and I found using this approach really helped.

Babycakes - wow things are really moving along for you, do you have an estimated ET date?

Claire - congrats on the fertilisation! We had 5 fertilised too - at first I thought that isn't many when compared to the amounts I got with OE IVF but honestly there was no comparison.  With OE IVF I usually ended up with 1 or 2 limping along to day 3 whereas with DE IVF we had 1 transferred and 3 frozen so just goes to show you can't compare the numbers.  Keeping everything crossed for you.

Lou - lovely to hear from you, hope you are getting your schedule soon?  We may be there around the same time.

Little Ted - hope you are keeping away from Dr Google?  ;D  I do remember the 'full bladder' experience!  I think I mis-timed drinking water and ended up just about holding everything in for ET.  Gail came up to give me instructions afterwards and asked if I had any questions and all I could ask her was 'where is the toilet?'  ;D  Not long to go now!

AFM - well the saline scan was fine!  So we are all systems go!!!!  ^banana^  Just waiting for the schedule now, getting very excited.

Hello to everyone else reading

Milsten x

#18 ·
Hi girls  :)

Well I have some news...a big fat positive!!! Yippee and a good first blood result today  :)
Another test on weds just to make sure my levels are increasing.  ^pray^ but so far so good. We are thrilled but in shock!  :eek:

Milsten, delighted its full steam ahead for you. This is going to be a busy thread and flight path to the USA over the next few weeks!

Clairelouise how are things, you must be flying in next day or so  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Carito, oh my word you poor thing, hope you are ok now and great you don't have to keep jabbing  ^hugme^

Babycakes hope all good at your scan and the evil headaches will go, I had them too and they're hateful  ^hugme^

Lou, hope you are ok . ....sorry just realised I called Clairelouise by your name in an earlier post, sorry my head!!

Take care girls xx

#19 ·
Little ted - What amazing news, huge congratulations to you both xx

Caritio - oh my goodness, that's awful. I hope you're feeling ok now and glad you can take tablets instead.

Well I'm very keen to get on with things now but still waiting for my AF to show. Haven't bled since the chemical pregnancy before Christmas, surely this can't be good. Had the smallest bit of spotting today and that never happens to me. Not sure if I should email Gail and ask her opinion. These drugs really do mess our bodies up.

#20 ·
Congratulations Little Ted!!!!! That is just fantastic news!!  I am just so thrilled for you!!

It's a great feeling isn't it!

Well fingers crossed this is the start of a good run for us all.

Best Wishes to you and your DH

Lou - may be worth asking Gail - they can give you something to bring AF on if needs be but they may feel it isn't necessary at the minute - worth asking though.

Milsten x

#21 ·
Wow Congrats little Ted! Excellent news!!

Short post from me, taking my headache of to bed! Last lupron tomorrow! Scan today was fine. Seem to struggle getting my blood test results from my local clinic, just as well my scan was brought forward by a day!! Just hope get them tomorrow!! Milsten, my estimated ET is 1st March...not long!!

Hi to everyone else. X

#22 ·
Hi!

Wow - what fantastic news Little Ted - so so pleased for you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  let's hope this is the start of lots of good news for all of us  ;D

babycakes - hope you get your test results soon but a positive scan is a good start  :)

Milsten - thanks for the positive words about my fertilisation numbers - was a bit worried about them although to be honest I think I'm just worrying about everything right now  :eek: Really glad your saline scan went well and you're ready for the get go  :)

Carito - that's just terrible - did they confirm it was a reaction to the drugs? glad Dr Levy found you an alternative - I'm sure this won't impact on your success as each clinic seems to have a different protocol and I don't think they all use injections.......think we'll be switching partly to non jabs as DH can't cope with them and I'm certainly not brave enough to do them myself :(

Lou - think I'd speak to your nurse about AF non arrival...hope it shows up soon  ^reiki^

Beth - hope you're okay? I guess you're pretty busy following your move but hope you're on track for your next transfer  :)

Off to SG on Wednesday so wish me luck  ;D

Take care
Claire x

#23 ·
Claire, best of luck! Keep in touch!

I meant to say, 5 is really good...i would've been dancing in the street if had 5 doing OE! We only got one each time! And as the others have said, it is quality that counts. Fingers crossed for a positive result.

Xx

#25 ·
Girls thanks for all your good wishes. Not sure if I believe it yet!  ^hugme^

Clairelouise just want to add my very best wishes to everyone's ...we will be thinking of you! Be positive xx

#26 ·
Thanks everyone for  your support - it means sooo much :)

At Heathrow so on my way!!!!

Good news on our embies on day 3 - well I think it's good  :eek: - 2 x 6 cell 2 x 8 cell and 1 compacting........

Not sure what the wifi is like in the hotel but will post if I can

Take care everyone  :) and hope your next blood test is a good one Little Ted

C x

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.