Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaucer Hospital ~ Canterbury ~ Part 16

206K views 3K replies 43 participants last post by  angelica_wales 
#1 ·
New home ladies  ;)

#2,377 ·
Hi bean! Lovely to hear from you! I, glad everything is going well - the time is flying by! I hope the next 3 months go smoothly for you :)

Lozie, don't feel left behind! I haven't started yet! Tomorrow will be cd1 though (very heavy spotting now) so I called the clinic today and book and appointment for my baseline scan for Monday morning :) I'll be day 3 then, so should start injections on Monday too, I think.

After all the stress of not knowing when my period would come, (unless it just stops completely and doesn't come at all) my body is actually playing nice! When we had our chat & plan and she wrote down our expected dates, tomorrow is when we expected my period to come and it is! Lol.

I'm sorry to hear about your spotting, Gina. But it's not over until it's over, so I still have my fingers crossed for you!

Hello everyone I've missed!! X

#2,378 ·
Hi everyone,

Bean - so good to hear from you! Glad everything is going well x

Ostara - do you get to go straight to stimming after the baseline scan on Monday? It's great you don't have to down reg. That was the worst bit for me.

I spotted through the day yesterday but this morning it's proper AF. Do I still bother testing tomorrow? Should I keep taking the progesterone? Should I expect a normal cycle after this or does it take some time for my body to settle down again?

I feel ok weirdly. I think I got the sadness out on Wednesday so now I am ready to just carry on. I absolutely need to try to live life as normally as possible for a bit - trying to not think about what day of my cycle it is and whether I might have ovulated and so on. I just want to enjoy myself and not give ttc too much of myself.

I think I will plan to cycle again later on in the year. I think I get a follow up with Mr E after this cycle too. November might be best as I can have had a little time to settle in to my new job (starts Monday!) - but I do want to get it done this year.

Hoping you all have great weekends.

Xxx

#2,379 ·
First injection done, not too bad! Already having bad headaches and hot flushes but other than that feeling good!

Welcome back Bean,I was so worried! Glad you have just been enjoying yourself and great to have you back for support through my cycle!

Ginakb I prob would carry on until
You speak to the Chaucer on Monday, I have never had my period before test day but others on here have so they might be able to give better advice! Sorry to hear, you will dust yourself off and go again when your ready! Big hugs x

Sorry short and sweet off to work x

#2,380 ·
Gina I bled at 8dpt on my first cycle and rang the Chaucer and told them in the end that I was stopping meds.  I just knew it hadn't worked and the pessaries were making things worse.  I just needed to let AF come fully and get my body back.

Angel woohoo, your off.  Fingers crossed for you.

Bean welcome back, glad things are going well for you.  It must be a relief to be past 24 weeks.

AFM did my intramuscular down reg injection last night.  God I hats the IM ones I get the shakes and feel sick.  The needle it came with was huge, looked like a harpoon but luckily serum had put a slightly thinner one in.  Got it done on the second attempt so I'm getting better but bums still achey this morning.  Now we wait for AF.  Feels sad but exciting at the same time.  Think transfer will be end of September or beginning of October.  Apparently this cycle follows similar to a FET so angel you might be able to help if I have any questions as never done FET before.

Were having a BBQ today so I am falling off the wagon and enjoying myself in celebration that down reg is done, have several jugs of pimms with my name on it.  Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

Cordelia xxxx

#2,381 ·
Hi ladies :)

Yes, gina, I get to go straight to stims. Bit nervous - still don't really understand how they decide between long and short protocol because everything seems so contradictory - some clinics do short protocol for older women or women who have responded poorly previously or have low amh and others do it for women who overstimulate and have high amh... Mr Evans said I'd be on short protocol because i have good amh levels and they expect me to respond well. Can't say I'm sorry to miss the down reg bit and I'm sure Mr Evans knows what's best :)

I'm sorry to hear you've started bleeding :( i think I would probably carry on with the progesterone and test tomorrow. You obviously know you're body better than anyone, but given that it's only a day, I'd want to see it through, I think.

I'm sure you'll make the right decision about when to try again. We've already decided to wait until the new year if this cycle doesn't work. Just makes it easier for me in terms of having a new years worth of annual leave etc.

Congratulations on getting started, angel :) hope this cycle is the one that sticks for you :)

Cordelia, giving yourself IM injections does not sound pleasant! Hope you enjoy your BBQ - looks like you've picked a good day for it, weather-wise!

Today is officially cd1, which I'm very happy about, because it means I didn't lie to the clinic when I called yesterday and told them my period was coming! Lol. Roll on Monday!!

#2,382 ·
Hi everyone,

I waited and still tested but it was as expected BFN. I am trying really hard to be ok, but huge waves of sadness and thoughts that it will never happen keep knocking me down.

I guess I just need time.

New job tomorrow will be some distraction. So hoping to get back to a bit more normality.

Good luck to all those cycling soon.

Xxx

#2,383 ·
Gina I'm so sorry Hun, I know how devastating it can be.  Unfortunately the first cycle is always a bit of an experiment and whilst a few will fall pregnant, the majority don't.  Try to look forward to your follow up with mr Evans and find out what he thinks went wrong and what they can do differently next time.  It's also worth asking what he thinks your chances are now that they have seen how your body reacts and the quality of your eggs.  It just helps set your expectations for the next cycle. 

I always try to focus on getting fit etc so that I improve my chances for next cycle and feel like I am doing something.  Have you tried taking coenzyme Q10?  I took it between cycles one and two and it greatly improved my egg quality so may be worth a try.

AFM emailed Penny to tell her I did the injection and asked her to make my baby super cute.  She has come back and said that she will and reckons I can carry twins no problem which made me laugh.  Feel remarkably well today despite drinking myself through a bottle of Pimms yesterday but it felt great to relax and join in rather than be the sober, boring one all the time. 

Hi to Lozzie, bean, Ostara and angel.

Cordelia xxx

#2,384 ·
Sorry Ginakb, it's always hard to do a test and even when you have doubts you always keep it's could be a positive! Good luck in your new job, I start mine tomorrow to!  Spend some time with DH and have fun for a while and enjoy yourself and when your ready you can try again xxx

Cordelia that's sweet you asked for a super cute baby, love it! Glad you let your hair down and enjoyed yourself!

Just done second injection!  Been drinking a pint of milk everyday which Bean said was good.  Has anyone read about taking baby aspirin?

I have just had my carpet in my third room put down after 6 years of being here, was always going to be a nursery so we just left it but we decided we needed to finish our house and stop putting things on hold, so the third room is going to be mine little room to get ready in, have a make up desk and be a really girly place lol!  I have just order a wall sticker for the room so I have something to read everyday to make me feel positive, it says this
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain
Just thought it pretty much summed my life up! So looking forward to putting that up when it's comes and going to order a wardrobe today for the room to.

Right I have my transfer penciled in for 29th September, which I was going to take a week off as I'm untitled for one week paid.  I have a big Xmas meeting on the 2nd of October but it's in Manchester so would have to go up the night before and save in a hotel and then the meeting on the Thursday and there a after party that night so would stay again and then come home the Friday.  I would have to train which prob would take about 3 hours.  Would any of you go just two days after a transfer? I no it sounds silly as when people fall naturally they don't no they would be pregnant by then but as it's my last NHS go, do I just not risk it?

Ostara good luck for scan tomorrow!

Lozie when do you go back?

Cordelia of course ask me any question about frozen, we have sure been on this journey together haven't we!

Hi to everyone else xxx

#2,385 ·
I'm so sorry, Gina :(

#2,386 ·
Gina- sorry to hear of your bfn, like cordelia says it usually is a test drive as much as that sounds crazy considering how much we do every single cycle! Are you planning on having Christmas off the cycling? Or are you wanting to crack on? Have a glass or two and kick back and relax you deserve it:)
Argh cordelia how cute:) feels so real when you talk about your baby being cute:) I always think how lovely it would be when we all have our babies to keep in touch ! Would be odd not to chat to you all!! So what's next for you? When's transfer?
Angel, well done on your start and feeling positive is very refreshing, your rubbing off on me lol! I start on Tuesday, with any luck I'll have Sally and she will start me on provera ASAP! When I went to c Wendy Lewis she said she thought I should get tested for antibodies, not sure if I can go to docs for this? I think I'll be about a week and a half behind you! X
Ostara- does that mean you have transfer in 2 weeks? Your very lucky to have short Hun!! Good luck!:)
Hi Bean and anyone I missed off xx

#2,387 ·
Angel penny always puts us serum girls on baby aspirin, I think it's supposed to stop blood clots when the placenta is forming or something.  I don't think the trip would do you any harm as long as you are not lifting anything heavy or doing anything too stressful.  It might even help take your mind off things.

Good luck with the new job tomorrow, and you Gina.

Lozzie I need to wait for penny to sync a donor but should be end of sept or beg of October I think.  Wendy is great isn't she.  Good luck for this cycle.

Cordelia xxx

#2,388 ·
Gina, I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN.  ^hugme^  I always bled before by day 14 but I think you still hope that it is just a break through bleed and that you'll be the lucky one.  It is always hard dealing with a BFN so be kind to yourself & do whatever feels right (wine, vodka, McDonalds, hot bath - whatever is your thing!)  Have you booked a follow up?  Xx

#2,389 ·
Lozzie, it is hard to find clinics who will test for immunes/antibodies unless you are cycling with them but there is a Dr who will do it (at a cost).  I think it is £155 to see him and then obviously the is the costs of the tests... Assuming that is what Wendy meant.  He is called Dr  S h e t a t a and there are mixed reviews about him online but I suspect that is because when he helps with a success they love  him and when it doesn't work out then not so much!

Good book on it is 'Is your body baby friendly?' I think it is by Dr Beer, but gives a good insight into immunes testing. 

I actually have a copy of this book....I could leave it in the waiting room at Chaucer?

Xx

#2,390 ·
Hello everyone!
Wow it's been busy around here :)
Gina, I'm sorry to hear about your bfn. I echo what others have said though: this is so not the end of your story. It's a springboard to the next step. Trouble is, the first IVF is always by far the hardest from my experience, and the first IVF bfn is very tough. Give yourself time and let the emotions do whatever they need to do.
Bean, we are all so relieved! Good to know you and your little one are in great shape :)
Angel, Lozie, Ostara and Cordelia all the very very best for your cycles getting underway! So exciting!
AFM nothing new to report really. I'm looking at September in my diary and thinking lots about how I need to diet :)
Oh and Angelica ... Welcome! So good to meet you. It's good to know you're there. All the best for your cycle too, when you get to it.

#2,391 ·
Hi everyone,

Good to hear from you much - I can't believe it's September already! Crazy! I am really dreading another new year - last one was so traumatic as new years eve my friend told me she was pregnant and it hit me really hard as we are so similar in our situations. I spent all new years eve and new years day in floods of tears! I was hoping that we would have been pregnant by the end of the year, but it isn't too late yet!

Bean - we roasted a chicken yesterday as a cheer up! There is a great Delia Smith quote that says if ever you are depressed roast a chicken! So we gave it a go and went to the movies too. It's been hard but life carries on.

I have booked a follow-up with Mr E. A week on Friday. We wanted to book a chat and plan for the same day but apparently it's not allowed. We have decided to see if we can do round two in November. It feels like a couple of months would be the right sort of break, especially as I am in a new job! They are being great about it all though.

Ostara - first scan today I think? The joy of standing in just a t- shirt behind the curtain not sure what to do! Hope it all goes so well for you x

Cordelia - I ordered some coenzyme q 10. Thanks for the tip. Well done on the IM injection, it sounds daunting! What happens next for you?

Hi to Lozie, Angel, and anyone I missed.

Xxx

#2,392 ·
Hi ladies :)

Yes, Gina, baseline scan this morning :)

Everything was fine - lining nice and thin, uterus normal and nothing sinister on my ovaries. Lots of follicles waiting to be stimulated - 10+ on both sides. She stopped counting on the right side and just wrote "multi-follicular". Did my first menopur injection while I was there, which was fine. Didn't even flinch - the one good thing to come out of my training, I felt fairly confident handling the needle and wasn't as worried about doing it as I thought it would be!

Got my big purple bag... I know everyone seems very excited about these bags, and this might be a daft question, but what do I need it for? It's huge and appears to be mostly full of needles that I'm not going to need. Am I missing something? Lol.

Also, can you lovely ladies confirm a couple of things for me re the injections? The menopur stays in the fridge in it's box until I mix it up and then it goes in the cupboard... Yes? And the cetrotide doesn't go in the fridge at all, right? And I can do the menopur and cetrotide at the same time? (From Wednesday, I mean, which is when I have to start taking the cetrotide)

The girl who went through it all with me didn't seem sure about it at all - had to go out to ask someone else questions twice - so just want to check.

Next scan is Friday :)

Sorry to hear you couldn't book your chat &plan straight away, Gina, but I'm sure you'll be able to get it booked quickly when you see mr Evans. I think a couple of months is a good break and I think I'll fly by, especially since you have a new job to get used to in the meantime!

Hello to everyone else - much, Cordelia, bean, Lozzie etc - hope you're all well :) x

#2,393 ·
Gina you can take upto 600 mg of the coenzyme it basically is like the spark plugs, it gets cells firing and helps them divide.  It's not the answer to everything but we did do better after taking it.

Much when do you think you will cycle? Are you doing natural?  I was so tempted to try that this time but money was getting tight and it seemed a waste to thaw hubby's frozen swimmers just for one or two eggs.  Have they given you any indication of success rates?

AFM now just waiting for AF then start antibiotics for hidden infections, vaultrex for virals and clexane (blood thinners) and then should have DE transfer between days 17 to 21 I think.  Quite pleased that headaches from the down reg haven't been too bad.  Weight is getting back up there but that's the joy of steroids for you.  Back on the slimming world from tomorrow I think.  Now I just need to decide how many blasts to put back.  My friend had four and got twins but the idea if putting four back scares the bejesus out of me.  Any suggestions?  Two or three?

Ostara scan sounds great you should get a bumper crop out of there.  Good luck.

Hi to angel, Lozzie and bean.

Cordelia xxxx

#2,394 ·
If it was me, Cordelia, I think I'd only put 2 back. But that's because I absolutely know I couldn't manage triplets. I strongly believe it's a mistake to have more children than arms lol. It's asking for trouble ;) I'm one of three and I think my mum would agree with me! Haha!

But really, it's a decision only you can make (like so many of them are!). You've been through so much, you might decide you want to transfer three to give yourself the best chance, and you might end up with a lovely singleton or wonderful twins :) and if you think you'd manage financially and physically if you ended up with triplets, maybe that's the best option for you :) but if you definitely don't want triplets, you have the consider the risk that all three will take (sounds awful saying it like that - "risk" - because three babies would be a blessing... Just one that takes a lot of hard work!).

I agree with you that transferring 4 sounds super scary.

I wouldn't ever transfer more than 2 because I absolutely do not want triplets if I can avoid them (you watch,I'll end up with sextuplets now I've said that), so even a tiny chance would be too much for us. But you might feel that the "risk" of triplets is worth it for the extra chance of getting pregnant :)

I've just realised that's not at all helpful... Just ignore me lol.

#2,395 ·
Ostara, yes to all your questions re: Menopur & Cetrotide.

You mix the Cetrotide as you do it so no need to keep in the fridge.

Yes you can do them at the same time, but use a different injection site or it could be stingy!

Good luck!

Xxxx

#2,396 ·
Hey cordelia- sounds like your well on your way now:) yes think I need to hit slimming world this cycle to! I have my chat and plan tomorrow bit can't remember what time and lost my diary. I'm so unorganised, just hoping it wasn't an early appointment as I need 45 mins to get there! I would go for 3 embies but that's because iv cycled a few times now and three would make me feel I was giving it a really good go. Would be worried about 4 however !!
Ostara so sorry but I get mixed up with the names of all the meds and I don't want to confused or Mis guide you in any way.... Sorry bit useless there! Follies sound promising Hun and nice thin lining- all good to go:)
Gina really the hardest thing about infertility is watching your friends family get pregnant at the drop of hat (usually) ! But knowing that your journey could be long. I used to pray I'd be pregnant before that person gave birth or while their pregnant just to ease how hard it is being happy for them. Truth is i just have to cry then pull myself together otherwise I feel guilty for reacting badly in the long run!
Good luck with your follow up, Mr Evans will press on quickly if that's what you want hun:)
Thank you Bean that would be so kind of you to lend that book. I would return it:) and I'll have a little look up on that doctor! Hope your well:)
Hello Angel, hope your getting into the swing of things?
Hi Angelica, much and anyone iv missed x

#2,397 ·
Cordelia I agree with Lozie, I prob would out 3 back only because I have out two back once so would feel it's something new that I haven't tried and if I was paying I would want to put everything into it but you would have to think if it was triplets what would you think? What are the odds of getting triplets from 3? I have said this from the star how much I want twins and that would be a dream come true for me! Though call but I think your make the right one! Just go with your gut feeling or maybe roll a dice!

Lozie just call them at 8 when the lines open, don't think chat and plans are till lunch time/afternoon as collections and scans are morning so sure your have time!
I'm doing ok, a few headaches but not too bad! Think the new job role has been keeping me busy, day 5 tomorrow!  I haven't got emotional once....yet!

Off to bed as early start, night everyone xxx

#2,398 ·
Hope your enjoying your new job Angel:) nice to be busy, the days go quicker:) I shall ring at 8 ! Am also planning on a run this morning... Had a lazy week in the exercise front! I can't wait to start now, that's a turn around from last week:) xxx

#2,399 ·
Hi ladies apparently chances of triplets are only 5% (I will check with penny) so will probably go with three if we end up with that many.  I personally love the idea of twins, triplets is a bit scary but I'm sure we would manage.  A lot of ladies also seem to start out with three but lose one very early.  There is one lady that was a triplet pregnancy but is now a singleton.  I just think that with my immune issues as well I need to give it a good chance and penny thinks I can carry twins no probs.  got a really gripey belly today so think AF is on her way. 

Angel good luck and I hope the job is going well.

Lozzie good luck with chat and plan.

Cordelia xxxx

#2,400 ·
Thanks for the reassurance, bean :) it's good to know I didn't completely misunderstand everything she said! Lol.

Cordelia - having read your last post, I think you're probably right to go for 3. I reckon, after going through all the cycles you have and everything you've done to get to this point, even I would at least consider putting 3 back with only a 5% chance of ending up with triplets. It would obviously increase your chances of having at least one baby, which is clearly the outcome we're all hoping for you :) it's very easy for me to say I wouldn't transfer 3 because I'm right at the beginning of my very first cycle... I reckon my opinions would change a bit if I was in your shoes!

Hope your chat & plan went well this morning, Lozzie (assuming you've had it!)

How are you feeling today, Gina?

Is it normal to feel like crap so soon after starting menopur? I only started my injections yesterday and I've had to come home from work is morning because my head is thumping and I feel sick :( I also can't stop crying. The menopur leaflet says headaches and nausea are common side effects, but this seems a bit quick? The crying, of course, is all me. Lol. I don't even know why I'm crying, other than the fact I hate feeling sick! I'm such a mess! When I spoke to my boss to tell her I needed to go home, I burst into tears and apologised repeatedly until she reminded me that I don't have to apologise for feeling poorly. I'm an emotional wreck! Think it's just the shock of everything moving along so quickly now after all the delays and waiting, bit of a shock to the system, I think.

Hello to everyone I've missed. Hope you're all having a good week :)

#2,401 ·
Ha! Scrap that - hubby just came home because he feels sick too! Since he's not injecting himself with menopur, I'm wondering if maybe we're coming down with something. Really hope not! Couldn't think of a worse time!

Will call the clinic if I start feeling any worse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.