Status
Not open for further replies.

GCRM part 5

172K views 1K replies 58 participants last post by  Dory10 
#1 ·
Happy chatting ladies  :)

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

#627 ·
Figster - yeah - its important the sample is fresh so no more than 5 days. They said 3-5 days to us. I would ask at your scan on Friday so you are clear - just incase they recommend anything different for you.

#628 ·
thanks girls, will ask them on Friday..
got a cracking bruise from last nights jag and my thigh had a blood spurt on extracting the needle tonight... ugh!  starting to feel tender in my thigh.  Wonder if I can swap thighs?? 

have you tested again Shiny?

How are you feeling Billie? x

#629 ·
Figster - ouch! I injected my menopur in my tummy and ended up with lots of wee bruises! It is still tender to touch 2 weeks after stopping stimms! I had to alternate either side of my tummy but not sure how it works with thighs. Are you feeling ok otherwise though? Getting excited about Friday?

Ive been testing every morning and the line is getting much darker! Eeeee! 3 more sleeps til otd... Then i can believe it. And freak out that I'm actually pregnant!!

Tip - if you do feel the uncontrollable urge to test early (not that i condone it  ;D), use First Response Early Result. Lots of girls on another thread were getting bfn's then tried a FRER and got a positive.  The clear blue digitals aren't sensitive and internet cheapies a complete waste of money. I can still barely see a line of them and yet they are meant to be more sensitive than frer!

#630 ·
I'm not excited about Friday at all.  I think after being on clomid and having scans where the drs would basically say Pfffft cos they couldn't find nowt, I'm just being very level headed about it. Wait and see if they find anything first.  If they do it will be nothing short of a miracle! 

I would have always chosen a clear blue over a FR test, isn't that interesting.  I like it when I can find them on offer though, tests are just soooo expensive and aside from my internet cheapies, I prolly spent about £20 every other month on the posh ones!

are you off work at the moment? Works stressing me out at the best of times - well the kids do but I don't have such luxury, however the 2 week holidays are in 3 weeks time, hooorah!

#631 ·
Hope there are some follies there in friday. At least they have the chance to change your doses if required. I took the last 2 weeks off (too keep stress levels down!!) so went back to work on monday - a week after my transfer. Actually quite a nice distraction and fortunately it's not too busy so I'm just lying low!!!

Is it only 3 weeks til school hols???? Crazy! At least the traffic goes down... ;D  You'll be ready for the break by then. What stage should you be at? Do you have any time booked off?

#632 ·
I did wonder if the transfer will have happened by the time the hols have come round??? I cant book time off, I run my own department in a high school, if I aint there then all hell will break loose!  a day here and there is manageable but any time after that would cause me endless worry.

The 19th has sad connotations for us also as my husband lost his younger brother this time last year.  We can only hope he's looking down on us and willing these follicles on for us. That would put a smile on my husbands face.

#633 ·
Hmmm.  School mayhem does not sound good! Just try to relax in the evenings and weekends :) 

Hope Friday ends up being a happy day for you both - as much as it can be in the circumstances. 

Friday could be an interesting day all round with the referendum results!!  xx

#634 ·
Hi ladies sorry I've been Mia for a few days . Been rather busy .

Shiny : glad to see your lines are getting darker .  Keeping my fingers n toes crossed for a BFP on OTD.

Figster : hope the injections are going well . Fingers crossed for good results for Friday .  What dose are you on ? I was 300 and stimmed for 10 days . I did mine in my tummy this time - last time it was my thigh and I swapped each night - must depend on what nurse you get . Yes I'm sure they'll keep stock if you need it- as last cycle I had to buy some extra and they had it in stock .

Billie: how are things with you? Have you decided what your going to do next ?

Afm : review booked for Tues and back on Friday for my scratch - eek 3rd one .  Hope it's lucky as last 2 I didn't have any transfer . I think my af will be late though as last year when I had the flare cycle and et my first bleed came before otd but the 2nd one was late due to the prostap . But shouldn't be too long now till et (fingers n toes crossed all goes well). Xxxx

#635 ·
Mrs G - how does a FeT cycle work?

#636 ·
Hi guys
I'm new to this page after moving over from the GRI. We've just been to sign our consent forms today and are aiming to cycle in Nov for the 3rd time. Looking forward to a new clinic, hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky for us.

Good luck to all those cycling at the mo and those on the 2ww. There seems to be lots of good news on this thread at the moment which is very exciting xx

#637 ·
Figster, good luck with your timing, hope tomorrow's appt goes well.

MrsG, hope af comes quickly, are you having et this new cycle? Will they transfer both blasto or just one?

As for me, ups and downs, I've been working a lot to take my mind off the failed cycle. Sometimes I feel okay and positive about the next cycle, sometimes I feel down. I joined a forum when we first started trying, 2 years ago, in august we were two left with infertility issues, had the ivf at the exact same time (ec on the same day, 30 mins apart) but just found out she's now pregnant, I'm the only one left neither mom nor pregnant, and I kind of wonder what I've done wrong! I know it's not our fault, but gosh, it's hard!

But, anyways, I need to keep positive, DH is booked for a semen sample on Tuesday to finally get that DNA fragmentation test and it should give us a good idea of why the first cycle went wrong. Results expected 10 days afterwards. I can't wait, at least we have something to look forward to.
Next step will really depend on results, if the fragmentation is borderline, DH will keep eating Wellman + extra vit E + vit C every morning for another couple of months and we will try again (GCRM again, I don't want to go far away and I love them), if the fragmentation is really bad, I guess we'll have to wait for 6 months of vitamins + maybe the doctor MrsG advised and pay for another test and see if we have a shot, otherwise, it pains me to say it, but we'll have to get donor sperm. DH is not too bothered about it, he feels it's only fair, but I can't help but feel sad about the fact that he will never get a "oh, your baby looks just like you". :(

Only time (and tests) will tell, I will let you know!

Oh, and I have a GRI appointment next week (still on the NHS waiting list), any advise on how to handle it? Shuld I tell we had a previous failed cycle? Do they kick me out of the list if I say anything?

#638 ·
billie2015 - don't worry about telling GRI about your treatment at GCRM. is this just your initial consultation? We got our apt in Jan this year and had already done our consents apt with GCRM. Dr Lyall who is main consultant there is lovely. She says doesn't matter if you've had private treatment (as long as you haven't had a baby from it!) I think they only take it into consideration if you're over 40 as to whether or not they offer you a free cycle. We cycled with GCRM in March, very lucky to get BFP first time round given I was just about to turn 39 and they only got 5 eggs. However, we were unlucky that we miscarried at 9 weeks (bit of a shock as we had two high predictors top graded embies put back in which I had assumed meant good quality). We got to top of list with GRI in July and will start treatment there next month (taking a few months break due to holidays etc).  We did tell them we went to GCRM and they never batted an eyelid and in fact we would have been forced to tell them as they ask as part of their consultation for treatment if you've ever had general anaesthetic etc.

#639 ·
At least, some good news! Thanks wenisk! I hate lying so I'm really relieved I won't have to!

#640 ·
Hi girls

sounds good shiny happy that the line is getting darker. Could never have done what you did as it'd stress me out to much but I guess it takes nerves out of otd a bit.

Figstern, good luck with the scan...can sympathise with trying to predict when ec will be. We traveled from Northern Ireland and could only book flights/hotel/time off work at last minute. Its difficult to know on your first cycle. I was better able to predict 2nd time round..but hopefully you won't need a 2nd time around!

Bille, you did n't do anything wrong,but can understand how you feel left behind with the group. Those groups are great for support but the downside is you being the one left behind...for now as your time will definatley come, just it's not happening as fast as you'd like.

MrsG, good luck with the scratch and FET. I did n't mind the scratch and sure you're well used to it now!

Lw, yes I definitely don't have an artist brain! Its hard to know what decision to take..but you seem happy now so maybe that's enough. Maybe what will be will be and you never know. I think when you step off the threadmill (for want of a better word) of IVF its hard to get back on. I found it hard to pick up the phone and make contact with GCRM to do the FET after a 8-9 month break. Just bringing your mind back to it all, with the roller coaster of emotions is hard.

After our last cycle in dec I stopped taking almost everything. I continued with pregnacare, vit d, EPO and sometimes vit c. actually when you write it down I was still taking a few. :) however in comparison to what I was taking its a lot less and I cut out the more expensive coq and royal jelly.

Afm, wouldn't say I am to top of the world anymore...think that feeling lasted 1-2 days ;-). I have had a small amount of spotting of red blood this week which had us panic...and bring back all memories of here we go again with a mc. However it was only a little and It's getting less. I am taking crinone gel which I believe can cause spotting so hoping that's the cause. But on constant knicker watch which is not nice.
At least I went from 2-3 weeks to 3+ on clearblue, it was a few days behind but at least we got there. Not going to test that again as not putting myself through that again. We have our scan next Friday....so so nervous and scared. Afraid we'll be dropped down to earth with a bang as so afraid of mmc or blighted ovum etc.
Sometime I feel quesy but it's not terrible and sometimes I worry I am imagining it as I so badly want to feel symptoms. Waking up every morning at 5am so tierd a lot.

hope everyone is happy with the outcome of the vote tomorrow !! Never seen so many Scottish people on tv so much !

#641 ·
Keeping my fingers Crossed for you Pippi!!!

well have had my first scan; left side showed something but nothing to shout about, still growing. Right side showed one follicle at 10mm and one or two little ones that weren't measured.  (Amazes me how they see stuff cos I bloomin' don't!)  So I'm back on Monday cos im missing drugs and i'm back on Wednesday and they reckon EC on Friday..... eeeeep.

Got to pop into work later and organise my week.

#642 ·
Fogster - lots can happen in a week so keep positive xx

#643 ·
Shiney, just wanted to say good luck hope all goes to plan and you have your BFP confirmed !!!

Figster good luck next week, loads happens in a few days so hang in there and you only need one good egg!

Pippi, really thinking  ^reiki^ ^reiki^thoughts for you, hope the bleeding has stopped, lots of people get that. Have you thought about taking baby aspirin? just seems to help a lot of people. Interesting about your supplements. I'm only taking folic acid now and sometimes royal jelly when I remember!

i did the Serum 3 test and lo and behold it came back negative for Chylamidia but posititve for hidden C  :-[ not sure how that happened but they say you can get it from swimming pools! otherwise not sure?? , I was a good girl I was!!!
Now need to get antibiotics for both of us but DH has asthma so have to check with GP. yes its hard to think about getting back into IVF. It takes over and sometimes I think that that ship has sailed. But then look at you Pippi, so I'm inspired too.

Otherwise in a depressed mood after referndum result, what a missed opportunity, really  :'( Dare to dream big I say!

#644 ·
Shiny : good luck for today .  Hope you get your BFP confirmed xxx

Pippi: My sister had spotting a few times during her pregnancy with my 2nd nephew . She really panicked as had had a miscarriage before my 1st nephew . All was fine with her and I've had other friends with spott . Really hoping its great news for you on Friday .

Figster : yes a lot can happen In a few days . How are you feeling ?

Lw :  hello and hope your well . Well glad you found out and can get some antibiotics . I know you kind of start living your life again when your not going through treatment . Yes me 2 - can't believe we throw away such a good opportunity and then all that rioting last night -scary .

Billie : that's good your dh is booked . Yes best to try and keep positive and keep moving forward . Hopefully your results won't take too long and it's good news .yes defo tell the Nhs - I took a copy of all my notes with me to my 1st appt .

Twinkle ties ; welcome . Hoping gcrm brings you luck .

Afm : had scratch yest and bit of confusion over our frozen embryos .  They sent me out a consent form and it said we had 1 frozen embryo .  I assumed it Was a we mistake .  I said to the nurse before my scratch and she started looking into it and turned out my notes were wrong .  I think in one bit it said we had one and somewhere else said we had 2. It was a nurse I'd never met before and ending up being there for an hr before and they got an embryologist up with my notes . I started panicking thinking they were going to say we only had one and I think the nurse did to. As she took me into another room and she said I just said to them please tell me there isn't only one . So Nicole came up with my notes actually really interesting - they had notes for all my we embryos and I could see the 2BB written and the 5bb.  But also noticed there was a 3bc - so I asked Nicole and she went through them all . It turned out we had 2 blasts at 3bc which weren't good enough to be frozen and a few others that were compacting - it was really interesting to see that more than 2 had made it . They then had to ask 1 or 2 and I really have no idea . nicole reckoned 2 as she said it is a lot to go through a fet with 1 embryo -  I think she meant for the 2nd one but also said decision may be taken out of my hands . Oh I really don't know -what does everyone think - help ! X

#645 ·
Hi girls - thanks for kind messages.

Lwhisper - thats not so not good about your tests! How odd!!

Mrs G - it seems sad that they can only freeze the top ones doesn't it.  I know i had at least one other that they couldn't freeze. When do you think you will start?

I would be tempted with 2. We went for one as it was our first cycle but if i was going for a fet or 2nd cycle might be tempted with two in the hope of a singleton. I know a few people that have had very unhealthy twin children which worried me too much. However - you could have perfectly healthy twins!

AFM - got my official BFP today. Had bloods done locally this morning and my hcg is about 350 which is good. Phew! Been having lots of cramps so good to put my mind and rest. Did a digital this morning so i got to see the word pregnant for the first time! All very surreal. I definitely have faith in EEVA now!

#646 ·
Shiny ; massive congratulations - yippee BFP . Hope your on top of the world right now ! Enjoy your day xxxxx

#648 ·
Congrats shiny!! Nice to get official confirmation and a nice beta too.

Lw, strange about the hidden C. I believe you about being a good girl ! I was tested years ago in Sweden when I lived there when I had mid cycle bleeding and the gyna suggested testing for chylamydia to rule it out...but before that he asked "are you a good catholic girl?" Felt like telling him to not be such a d**k. But that was just the normal swab test.
I had a quick google for it but mostly ivf clinics and forums talking about it. Could not find anything in official science publications on it.
But I guess no harm in getting antibiotics for it. One clinic did say the semen should be tested too. Or will your dh get antibiotics just in case too ?

MrsG, a bit of an ordeal yday but at least in end you got to understand more about your embryos. I like Nicole, we had her once and she explained everything well and is lovely and friendly too. For the FET we have the trainee embryologist who is more reserved and was displaying a big bump, even through the blue garb!
I think they should supply written info on the embryos and how far they made it and what grade they were. I would have found it interesting but I guess they'd be pestered with everyone asking about grades etc. They tell you the info before ET but its hard to remember it all...

#649 ·
oh shiny that's great news! so glad that you have it all confirmed!! truly thrilled for you.

Mrs Glasgow - I cant answer your embryo question but hope it's all rectified soon and you're on the path to babydom.
I'm feeling fine in general, tired a lot mostly... i'm worried that by Wednesday there aren't any eggs worth collecting. Surely that's happened before to folk? I'm quite anxious that all of this will have been for nothing...

#650 ·
Hank you ladies! Hope to see some bfp's from you very soon! X

#651 ·
Shiny, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great news!

MrsG, very tricky to decide 1 or 2... I guess you are the only one able to answer that question. I guess, because one is "only" 2BB, having two transfered would give you better chance of being pregnant, but because you had such a nice respond, might mean your embryos are good quality, so chances are you get twins.
I am a number person so, given that, for your age I think a blastocyst has roughly 50% chances sticking, that gives you:
- 50% chance of being pregnant with one transfered
- 75% chance of being pregnant (1 or 2) with two transfered
- 25% chance of being pregnant with twins with two transfered

That is if I remember correctly my statistics.
Good luck with your decision! Let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.