Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting for early scans - part 10

138K views 1K replies 133 participants last post by  Stalyvegas 
#1 ·
Waiting for Early Scans - Part 9
Welcome ladies ^wave^ and congratulations ^afro^

Please post here whilst you are waiting for those all important first scans. Once you feel ready, please proceed to the BFP threads, these threads are a great way to make the new friends that will join you in your future birth club threads ^goodluck^

If you need help getting a ticker read HERE but please note which tickers we do not allow on this site ;)

Dont forget to check out our due date and gestation calculator! : HERE

#2 ·
Hi I've moved my first scan from the 15th to the 11th @ 3:45. I'll be 6+3 - not sure what I will be seeing but I really need to know how many are in there!!  Iay have another one later on too xx

How is everyone doing? X

#3 ·
Hi Jules, 3 days till my scan and I cannot wait - I should be 8+3 by then - any clues which kind of scan I should expect? Still ms free but tummy is massive every evening and feel mildly queasy around 5pm most days, hoping and praying for good news...

#4 ·
I seem to recall a tummy scan at 8+ my first scan with the twins was 6+6 and that was TV x

#5 ·
Thankyou, that's what I was hoping as it's relatively late for an early scan  if you know what I mean! Good luck for yours, it should come round quickly I hope. X

#6 ·
It seems soon far away but we had 2 hatching blasts put back and as we have twins who turn 2 in Aug I'm now terrified of having another set!!  Of course part of me would be delighted but the other part TOTALLY TERRIFIED!!!!! Lolxx

#7 ·
Jules just be aware that a twin pregnancy 'could' be missed at such an early stage..... my friends wasnt picked up until her later scans, after having 2 at an EPU. Ask them to be really thorough  ;D

#8 ·
We're taking the twins with us so hopefully that should trigger the thought process lol xx

#9 ·
I have 3 days to wait for my scan, don't really know how far I will be as this is 1st and been told many ways of telling EDD good luck ladies and belated HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Xx

#10 ·
Hi all, I got my first ever BFP on 19th December and have my first early scan on Friday 10th. Totally petrified!! It's taken us so long to get here, I'm so anxious that it won't stick around!  :(

Not many symptoms at the moment, just sore boobs and tired. Do get a bit queasy every now and again, but I've found eating small amounts frequently helps.

Good luck to everyone with their early scans this week.

Xxx

#11 ·
I didn't want to ask how many you put back Jules - lol! We also had two put back...I hope you get the outcome you hope for.

Mrs Ross congrats on your bfp :)

Kels we must be scanning on the same day, what time are you having your scan?

#12 ·
I'm also scanning on Wednesday.  Think I will be 7+2. Doesn't seem so far away now. 3 more sleeps.  This time last cycle I was halfway through a miscarriage so I'm pleased the bleeding has stayed away so far.  I've been feeling tired and more and more queasy over the last 10 days so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I had pretty much no symptoms at all except tiredness with my dd.  Still poas every few days - can't stop myself :)

Good luck to all scanning this week.

#13 ·
I will be scanning Thursday week.  Will be 7 + 1 by then.
Kels, using the IVF calculator on here, it goes by your EC date, then it will tell you what your LMP date would have been if it was a natural cycle which they count your pregnancy for.

I put in 11.12.13 as my EC date and it gave me a LMP date of 27.11.13.  It wasn't when I actually got it as my cycle was drug controlled(as was yours) via IVF.

#14 ·
Ruthb - had my scan Friday and was 8+1. They started with a tummy scan but couldn't pick up the heartbeat very well so had an internal one too. Much happier as this was so much clearer. Hope everything goes well for you.

Afm still feeling sick most of the day relying on bananas and milk to keep it at bay. Am worried about the 12 week scan with the nucal scan. Has anyone had a worrying scan but after the blood test was ok?? Am 36 so my odds are raised. 

#15 ·
Kaz I get it now because it was controlled I see thanks!!
In this case I will be 7+1 like you Kaz!

RuthB mine is 845 nice and early love it what about you?

Thanks ladies good luck for scans this week look forward to hearing all the good news xx  :)

#16 ·
Hi to all new BFPs! I had my first scan on Saturday and according to IVF calculator I was supposed to be 7W4D but my scan showed our cuties at 6W2D with Fetal Heart. I am worried is this normal or my cuties need to buckle up...

#17 ·
Hi Kels,
Mine isn't till 3pm! Thanks Mrsrp, and did you have to have a full bladder? Still traumatised from ET as they were running very late!

I in hope of a miracle, in don't know the answer tony our question - what did they say? Hoping that the heartbeat is the important thing - hugs, the worry continues doesn't it.

Celery girl, good luck for Wednesday too - have tried to steer clear of poas for the last couple of weeks but tempted on Wednesday morning so I don't get a surprise...

#18 ·
In hope of a miracle what did they say? When you say cuties does that mean twins? Are they rescanning you?  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ It is such a hard journey xx

Good luck to this weeks scanners - anyone today? x

#19 ·
In hope of mircle. They may have scan you from your last cycle and you work out from your IVF so that does make little few day different .

Becky7 xx

#20 ·
Hi, I'm waiting for my scan on 21st January which seems an age away! My BFP was on 27th December, so I'll be about 8 weeks by the time of my scan.

#21 ·
Flips as long you feel pregnant that you should be fine to wait to 8 week scan
Becky7 xx

#22 ·
Thanks Becky! I've not got any sickness, but my lower belly has gone a bit hard and I have heartburn, and I've not had any bleeding so it's all looking OK. Also an earlier scan won't change anything, it just seems so far away!

#23 ·
Hello! Hope everyone is ok and their little blips are progressing nicely!
My first scan is on fri where I will be 7w2d I am absolutely bricking it ! I just keep thinking this is too good to be true and it will all go wrong. I have no real reason to base this on (just mental scarring from all the tx I think) I have been suffering from nausea at all times of the day and heartburn which my husband keeps reassuring me is good!!! The only thing I base my worries on is every so often I get a sharp pain in my ovary area but as it's both sides I wouldn't think it could be eptopic? God I'm a nervous wreck I thought the 2ww was bad!!!

Xxxx

#24 ·
Flips  good to hear the bleeding has stop and that you still have your heartburn  so all good and yes I know whatever happen is not gonna change anything apart from taking thing easy , watch TV , have a nap etc will get the time fly to thur.

Becky7 xx

#25 ·
Hi Ladies,

I had two blastocysts transferred on the 16th of Dec & got a positive bfp 6dp5dt. It was only a faint line so didn't know what to think, but a few weeks on and I have continued to feel cramps, nausea and pain!

I haven't had a beta test so no idea there...

I remember some of you from the other thread - Nov/Dec Cycle Buddies - Flips you and I had a transfer on the same day :)

Evie-Bean - I too am getting sharp pains on my left side & am worried that it could be an ectopic pregnancy. Today I am 5 weeks + 5 and pray that all is fine, but guess I will have to wait a while longer for a scan.

Good luck to the rest of you waiting or scanning today.

XxxxxxxX

#26 ·
In hope of a miracle- at 6w and 7w my bean measured a week small, then had a big growth spurt and by 8+4 it was only two days behind. It was still two days small at 10w but told not significant by this stage. I'm13w now, with my midwife scan tomorrow, and I'm  still nervous, but hopefully it has kept growing.

Hang in there, when's your next scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.