Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFP - Due date January/February 2015

125K views 1K replies 63 participants last post by  Stalyvegas 
#1 Ā·
Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancies ^congrats^ This is the thread for ladies who are due in (or close to) January & February 2015

*** If you'd like to join the list below, please let me know your EDD and if and when you find out whether you're having a girl or a boy, I'll put a ^pinkted^ or ^blueted^ by your name ***

Happy chatting ^gossip^ ^gossip^ ^gossip^

[csv=]
Name, EDD, Flavour

NowOrNever, 02/01/15, ^pinkted^
MarieMarsh, 06/01/15
Cally_y2k, 07/01/15
French818, 08/01/15
Emmab22, 06/01/15
Kernow Lou, 12/01/15 * Twins
HannahDMP, 13/01/15
Talisman, 13/01/15
Mg2, 14/01/15
HomeMadeHetty, 15/01/15
Noelle80, 15/01/15
Emmy1, 15/01/15
Steph2012, 16/01/15 * Twins
Dudders, 19/01/15
Hopeful Deb, 16/01/15
Starfish2013, 19/01/15 *Twins
Smiling Angel, 19/01/15
AEK76, 21/01/15
Gembo79, 21/01/15
Scribbles, 22/01/15
MartinAK, 25/01/15
Sky79, 27/01/15
Chelle868, 31/01/15
Wlazlo1983, 02/02/15
Iron Mummy, 05/02/15
Essiejean, 06/02/15
Lululimon, 08/02/15, ^blueted^
Hannahbox, 09/02/15
Emmyloops, 09/02/15
Mzmaary23, 16/02/15
Candy x, 18/02/15 *Twins
Appletwig, 21/02/15
[/csv]

See less See more
#1,127 Ā·
Dory, I'm so sorry to hear your news.Ā  :'( ^hugme^ Sending all my love to you. Glad the nurses looked after you and your son so very special.
Xxx

#1,129 Ā·
I feel that our forum thread is similar to a war battalion with inevitable losses of members and staying ones continuing to fight...

#1,130 Ā·
Keep thinking of you LittleMissy - hope you are ok and contractions have stopped? ^hugme^ ^pray^

#1,131 Ā·
Dory my heart goes out to you and hubby, you are such a strong amazing women. I am so glad you got to spend those precious special moments with your son. I will say a prayer for you all. Big hugs to you .

Thank you Mrsmiller and all you lovely ladies on here for your words of support and well wishes and prayers I have really appreciate them and they have helped me loads. I am still in hospital and will be for a week until I have no symptoms and then they want to make sure all is ok before they will give me the ok for flying. I am still having contractions but they have eased off today thank god so hopefully that will continue and I will be home next week. My bloods were low so they are building that back up and the doc will check bleeding tomorrow. Still on complete bed rest on belly so hard to type on iPhone so apologies for no personals. Thanks again ladies for your well wishes good luck to all the ladies having your scans.
Xxx

#1,132 Ā·
Ladies,

I am guilty guilty guilty, evertime I come back and say I will spend more time here I end up disappearing again. It is hard to keep up with all this technological stuff. I joined a ******** group for those I cycled with and another for mums of triplets, and I don't seem to be able to get around to these forums much after that, sorry!

I have spoken to Dory via the other group and Little Missy I want to repeat my congratulations on your pregnancy and that I'm very glad things seem to be settling for you after such a scare during your holidays. How do those contractions feel exactly? Sometimes I think I'm having them but am not sure.

To all the rest of you congrats on all those 20 week anomaly scans and finding out the genders! Seems there will be a lot of girls coming. I found out mine too... 3 girls.

I don't want to make empty promise but I really do hope to be on here more.

Much love to all,

Anna XXXXXXXXXX

#1,133 Ā·
Little missy - glad you're on the mend!! Such a relief. You must be going nuts in hospital, but better there than wishing you'd put your feet up for a little longer and regretting jumping on a plane too soon.

Happybabycoming - three girls!!! WOW. That's amazing. Can you imagine them at 16 fighting over their shoes and tops - and boyfriends!!!! Just incredible. Lucky you - three lovely daughters.

I'm off to Rome in the morning - final jaunt before being grounded (for 18 yrs)... ;)

Have a good weekend ladies.
NoN x

#1,134 Ā·
Littlemissy, i am so happy the contractions are stopping. Please take care of yourself. Sorry that your holidays turned into hospital stay. How did you find you had contractions? Is it something you could feel?

Happybaby, welcome back, congrats on 3 girls, what a team! Two should be identical, right?

Nowornever, enjoy Rome!

Afm, tomorrow is another scan and i am in panic as usual. Scheduled my 20 week scan at 21w - oct 8, major milestone but then premature birth worry starts...

I have been reading about different guidelines on trying to save premature babies. In the UK, hospitals normally dont try to save babies before week 24. But it depends on hospital. It is really scary that some women were left alone without any help with a dying baby in hands and in a hospital accross the road, the same age babies were put in the uncubators. In switzerland where i live the deadline is 26 week, no help before that. In neighboring germany - 22 weeks, the lowest in europe. So if i need medical help between 22 and 26 weeks, i will go to a german hospital accross the boarder. From week 26, swiss ones are safe again... Complicated.

I am also considering the option of staying with my sister in York until delivery and some time after. I tried to find some info on York teaching hospital regarding premies but could not find much. Anybody has any info or idea where to look for it?

#1,135 Ā·
Little missy so glad things are going better for you that must have been such a scare. Anna and Dory kisses from our other group xx don't feel bad Anna about not bring here much - I'm the same but then it's lovely for a catch up!

Now or never enjoy your trip it's lovely being away and this could be the last time in a while you get to rest so lap it all up!

Muffin the very best of luck with your scan I can appreciate us older girls been given this chance of a baby you get so scared of losing them. Try not to worry. Amazingly though I have a relation who was born at 22 weeks here in Ireland weighing just 10oz! She just started secondary school at the start of Sept so miracles really can happen!

Afm feel like I was never away in Portugal last week! Baby started kicking on Monday properly which was amazing and had a fantastic scan today. Our little girl is 'petite' but thriving and now weighs 1lb 1oz! She looked so beautiful on the 4d scan xx

#1,136 Ā·
Little missy - great news that contractions easing off. Hope you get to leave hospital soon and get home.

Happy - 3 girls - that's amazing. Congrats!! Bet your OH is wondering how he'll cope :)

NoN - enjoy Rome (especially the pizza and ice cream!).

Afm - almost 23 weeks - woohoo. Am starting to worry about prem delivery now but saw doctor today and she told me to relax - there's nothing I can do about it anyway. Know she's right but easier said than done! For those previously talking about cervical measurements - I had treatment on my cervix years ago so have been measured every three weeks or so since 16 weeks. Measured approx 32mm each time which I've been told is normal and good news that it's stable. Fingers crossed it stays that way for a while yet!!

Hi to everyone else. Sx

#1,137 Ā·
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2600445/Southend-Hospital-no-attempt-resuscitate-premature-baby-boy-Tom-Godwin.html

Hope none of us will need this information, but if you do get premature contractions, make sure before getting admitted to the hospital that you are past their guideline for too premature babies. This info is not anywhere on websites and seem to differ from hospital to hospital.

Smiling angel, congrats on the proper kicks. Yes, premature miracles do happen, bit the docs need to allow them to happen...

Steph, from what i read stable cervix is very important and good.

#1,138 Ā·
Hi everyone!

Little Missy - it's great to hear from you and I am so glad things appear to be easing - they seem to be taking good care of you over there :) xx

Anna - Lovely to hear from you too - I was wondering how you were getting on, congrats on the 3 girls - how lovely!

NoN - enjoy Rome! :)

Muffin - good luck for your scan today, interesting info and article re premie babies, so theoretically, if I find out which of the 2 hospitals near me has the best care for early babies, can I just turn up to that one if contractions start early, despite being registered to the other?! Does anyone know?

Smiling - congrats on a fab scan! 1lb 1oz! that's a real baby weight! My friend's baby was that weight when he was born, now he is a strapping 22 year old!

AFM, after a quieter couple of days kicking wise, yesterday baby was a complete fidget, and possibly playing football in there already - so wonderful to feel. We looked at a house to buy yesterday, which basically would need demolishing and rebuilding, and what with planning, if we got it we could still be in rented for a year from now, only thing is our rental is feeling kind of small already - without a little person and all the associated stuff - scary but exciting all at once, and I'm not sure what is for the best. We have resorted to putting notes through the doors of houses we like - slight smell of desperation here! ;)

20 week scan is on Monday, although I know he is kicking well, I do worry he might be too small as I still don't really look pregnant at all, just like I have eaten a doughnut or two too many! Also trying another pregnancy yoga and birthing techniques class tonight - hoping to meet some local pregnant ladies :)

Take care all xxxĀ  Ā 

#1,139 Ā·
Dear All,
Had a reassurance scan today. I keep going every 2 weeks as would get ^idiot^ otherwise. The babies were playing and looked happy. I am 18 weeks and do not feel any movements yet at all. The doc said I should feel something within 10 days.

Two weeks ago the doc told me I had a girl on the left and ? on the right. This time the girl on the left turned into a boy :). And the ? on the right seems to be a girl but still not sure. The scan is 2d, very basic but I could see clearly that it was a boy on the left indeed.

I feel very confused and in shock that it is actually possible to have a little boy with all the right things inside my belly. Always imagine me having girls.
Since two weeks I have been welcoming my little girl Eleanor to the world and now she is a boy :). I have to unwind the whole thing. May be a good idea indeed to stay team cream.

Dont take this as complaining, I wish all my problems were like that :)

I gained 8 kg since non pregnant, have border-line iron and slightly elevated BP (140/80). I will try to eat more low calory nutricious stuff, double my iron supplement and monitor BP. Cervix length is above 3 cm and has not shortened since two weeks ago, which is good.

Emmyloop, my sister did not start to show with her first pregnancy till week 20. Nothing at all. She told her colleagues at 12 weeks and the following two months they kept wondering where the belly was. She is very slim and petite and it was really strange where the baby was hiding. Her son was born on time and average weight. She turned into an elefant after 7 months though. Also I dont think it is the baby size that determines how big the belly is. Baby itself is not the biggest thing there and it also depends how belly muscles let it pop. Good luck with the 20w scan!

Best wishes to everyone else!

#1,140 Ā·
Muffin - you may want to look at this article:
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Health/article1453445.ece
Basically there is a record number of babies being born at 23 weeks and surviving, particularly in the big cities - London, Bristol, Manchester. I'm not sure about York. Just out of interest, apart from your age, is there another reason you think you might go into premature labour, apologies if I've missed it? I'm surprised the limit in Switzerland is 26 weeks, that would make me worry! But at least you have the option of Germany or the UK.

I think there are 2 types of premature labour - PPROM - where your membranes rupture before labour and you can really do nothing about, and where you have contractions before membranes rupture (which happened to me). If you have the latter, you will be given anti-contraction drugs to stop the labour and this often works (didn't with me). From my experience, with both, they will try and keep you on bed rest and prevent full labour for as long as possible as long as there is no risk of infection. For those who haven't experienced labour before (and jump in if you have, everyone's experience is different) - for me it felt like period pains and not very painful ones at that so I couldn't really tell. Keep an eye on your knickers as well - if you suddenly see a bloody mucus-y discharge, this is probably the cervical plug so get yourself to A&E.

I think I will be breathing a sigh of relief once I get to 24 weeks and then after that what will be, will be! I've had investigations done and so far everything looks normal re another prem birth and I am under consultant care now every 2 weeks.

Hope everyone else is well. I'm feeling super heavy these days even at 20 weeks (given up weighing myself, its too depressing) and find it hard to get up from the sofa!! Probably because its low and I have a belly in the way and my centre of gravity has changed. Unfortunately I get bad bloat so look more like 6 months pregnant, although yesterday at a play group, one mum was surprised I was 20 weeks (thought I looked small) but others have commented on how big I look. As long as I look pregnant and not fat, I don't mind ;D

Have a good weekend x

#1,141 Ā·
Dory- sending you massive hugs ^hugme^ my heart goes out to you and your hubby. I feel like we've been through the Care journey together. Here for you xxx

#1,142 Ā·
Hi ironmummy, thanks for taking time to explain types of premature birth.

I am old, having twins and had uterus surgery just before pregnancy. I think these put me at risk. No idea how much the risk is.

Seems that switzerland is half a century behind in many issues. They only made abortionls leagal in 2002 and let women vote for the first time in 1972 with some cantons (states) still resisting till 1990. Medicine is good but attitude is weird. My doc told me not even bother register for birth before week 26. in his opinion babies are viable after 28 weeks.

I am going to info sessions to two hospitals in october - one in germany and one in switzerland and will ask questions.

#1,143 Ā·
Hi every one. I don't post but I do read this thread! Sort of a lurker!Ā 

I'm currently 17+4 after my second ivf. I went for a reassurance scan and had my cervix measured. It was between 23mm and 29mm does this seem ok?Ā  She was measuring it from different angles so not sure which length is most accurate.

I've been googling like mad and it seemed in the US this would warrant a stitch but can't find any UK guidance. Anyone have any info?Ā  Many thanks.

#1,144 Ā·
Hi s@r@h,
My doc (in switzerland) checked my cervix at 16 and 18 weeks and was satisfied that it was above 3 cm. I believe below three, you should go for a follow up check 2 weeks later and if it is getting shorter, it is a call for bed rest and may be stitch.
Did your doc asked you to come again to follow up?
Hopefully someome will share regarding uk guidelines.
Muffin

#1,146 Ā·
Hi Sarah. There is a room on here called Cervical Incompetence where everyone discusses cervical length and women who have had emergency stitches etc. You'd get more help there as they are highly experienced and would point you in the right direction.

The hospital I attend in the north east requires the cervix to be at 2.5cm for a stitch o be placed. I believe some hospitals just keep monitoring you and wait until the last minute.

Me personally if I were you I'd speak to the ladies in the cervical incompetence room and get an appointment with the consultant.

As for measurements. I believe 2-3 measurements should be taken transvaginal and the smallest one used as that measurement.

#1,147 Ā·
Anyone getting the Flu Jab? I'm considering it. Just a bit worried about it even though they say it's safe. x

#1,148 Ā·
Hi johnsdm,
I decided for myself not to this year. It is not a life saving vaccine and i dont want anything to interfere with pregnancy. Do you know if it is considered dangerous to have a flu during pregnancy?

I work for a pharma co and have been having flu jab since 10 years - easy to get right at work. It did work in 9 out of 10 years. I have not been sick except for 2012 when i had flu after flu and 2 AB courses for complications.

I am also undergoing immune treatments for pregnancy and dont know what the view on the jab from immune treatment perspective. Will ask my immune doc next time i talk to him.

I think i will also ask AgateĀ  - expert on immune board if there is any opinion on it regarding pregnancy with or without immune issues.

#1,149 Ā·
Ladies!

Thanks so much for the words of support, so sweet if you!

NoworNever- Have a great time and have lots of pizza for me!

Muffin- Thanks! 2 are probably identical if it was 1 embryo splitting into 2, but there is always the possibility that only 1 embryo stuck and split into 3, or that both embryos stuck and there was a miracle natural pregnancy!
I'm not glad you are worried but it is reassuring to know I am not the only one terrified about premature birth. I am now 21+5 and counting down the days to 24 weeks. I am so scared as triplets always come early, it's just impossible to keep them in for that long. My doc says 35 weeks is considered full term and would be ideal but to prepare myself that could easily come earlier. He doesn't believe in bed rest or the stitch, says that neither of them work and bed rest can stop the all important blood flow. I can tell you my good friend had her baby at 23 weeks 6 months ago and he is now at home with her and perfect, so it is possible!

Smiling
- I loved the those pics of your 4d scan and it is so amazing that your baby is already a weight where many babies are born and do well!

Steph- Thank you dear yes dp is a little nervous but we will have to cope somehow! As for you, your V day is so close, hang in there!

Emmyloop- Nice to read news about you. Best of luck with your scan, and buying your house! It is amazing that you are not showing, but as the others have said it is normal for many people and all those kicks must be reassuring. I am absolutely huge, I can't believe I am going to grow much more than this, but it must be far easier to have a small bump!

Everyone else big hello and wishing you all the best with your pregnancies.

Anna XXXXXXXXXXX

#1,150 Ā·
Hello All!
Anna great to hear from you and your 3 girls!! Thats so amazing. Glad youre doing ok- and yep itq eknt be long for you now!
Muffin- fingers crossed you get on ok over he next fews weeks. It good you've at least got a choice of countries for hospitals.
Johns- not planning on the injection as i've never had it before and am trying to avoid any extra drugs. Will be asking tmrw though. Hope youre well.
NON- enjoy la dolce vita in Rome- v jealous! I love the city.
S@r@h- i'd also ask for a recheck to keep an eye on the length. Fc its all fine though x
Ironmummy- how you settling into the new place? Its not long now to 24w so hope all keeps going well. I'm also bloated, more in the evenings still and look at least 6 months. Mum blames our genetics:(
Emmy-snap again -we're in for 20w tmrw too. Your perso al note approach is quite commkn & i know it worked for one of our neighbours so gd luck!

We got back home today to find our kitchen has got massive damp damage from the storms in the last few days. Really fed up..grrr:( hatehousehassles
Eveyone at the wedding in Spain kept telling me i was huge and was I sure it wasnt twins. Didnt help there was sme 8 months along who was same size.Ā  Off to eat cake now in protest...
Much love xx

#1,151 Ā·
Hi Johnsdm and all,
It seems that NHS believes that flu can be dangerous for the baby including causing premaature birth and strongly recommends the jab to pregnant women. Agate from immune board also advised to have it. I did not know flu is so bad for a baby inside. I might change my view and get it. At work we have signs in the loos how important is to wash hands to avoid respiratory infections. Avoiding public transport in flu season is also a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.