Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENNET ~ Cycle Buddies 2

132K views 1K replies 49 participants last post by  ~ Chux ~ 
#1 ·
Dear members, welcome to your Gennet current cycle support thread.

Please note Pregnancy Chat should be kept to a minimum on here, feel free to post a link to a more detailed Pregnancy related post,
this enable members who are TTC or have had a bfn, to choose when to read about a pregnancy or not, whilst still keeping up with your news in a bite sized way, otherwise you may find your post is removed.

The purpose of this thread is to support those who are currently having similar treatment @ Gennet, in the lead up to your treatment and the immediate aftermath. As such we ask that for those undergoing treatment, discussions in this thread remain on topic and supportive for them.

This thread is open ended and it's anticipated that members will use it for support and then move on to other areas as and when required. If you have finished your treatment cycle, you are more than welcome to continue to support those coming along after but please bear this in mind.

If you'd like to be added to the Czech Hall of Fame, please post on the thread and someone will add your details: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267052.0

Pregnancy and Parenting after Infertility - All Czech Clinics
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=261043.msg4385519#msg4385519

Please bear in mind Site Guidelines: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260253.0

Some other useful links:

Questions for your first consultation

Information About supplements and diet

What can improve egg quality and quantity

2WW- ladies in waiting
Links For Info on OHSS

Negative Cycle follow up questions

Support ~ Pregnancy Boards

Post Your HCG Levels

Waiting For Early Pregnancy scans

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

~Dizzi~
xx

See less See more
#602 ·
theodora said:
Also, if you have a gynecologist, can you not ask them for a blood beta test? You don't even have to go into what you've been through, just say your period is late or some such.... (Urine tests are no good.)
I don't have a gynecologist. One has to be referred and since I am too old for any kind of fertility treatment on the NHS, I wasn't ever referred to one. They only refer you over here if there are problems and I've not had any since being diagnosed with POF. I saw a consultant then when we tried to find the right hormone therapy afterwards and once to have one ovary removed - but that's it. The GP does everything else. I am sure I could go to the GP and say what you suggested - would be subject to the slow process lab times however. I'll check things out when I see the private consultant next month - I wasn't referred, just paying out of my pocket.

#603 ·
GOOD LUCK, MAGIC!
everything crossed for a happy outcome.

hope everyone's doing ok
I' waiting for day 1 (due tomorrow but my clockwork regularity went out of the window about a year ago) to start the estrogen priming cycle, then cycling the month after so should be around first week in Sept.

come on tiddler!  it's our last chance and we want you soooo much.

xx

#604 ·
Thanks lady newt :) exciting you will be priming before you know it!

Ladies did anyone take Cyclogest rectally? I usually find vaginal pessaries irritate my lining! I'm going to email Leona today.

Also I'm on Gestone finishing up what I have but remind me what is the more friendly version of Gestone (liquid progesterone) some of you ladies are using? I belive its a thinner liquid than Gestone so I'm up for that! I hope it won't be a problem swapping brands. Any thoughts?

#605 ·
Magic - I always take cyclogest rectally. And have always been told to do this the day before and day of transfer. The alternative for gestone in Czech is Agolutin.

#606 ·
Hi Everyone,

Majic - whoohoo, tomorrow is the big day and i have everything crossed for you.  Remember ladies are getting pregnant regularly with 6 eggs so don't worry if this is what you get.  The train trip sounds nice albeit expensive.

Ladies - did you know there is a sub cut progesterone injection - Lubion.  You can get it from City Fertility.

I also preferred rectal administration -- I found it kept slipping out the other one (not sure what that says about me :eek: )

Jen - I am pleased that you decided to stick with Gennet - I am really impressed with the pregnancy rates.

Ladynewt - I will do an AF dance for you tonight.  Am quite interested in this oestrogen ppriming thing - far too late for my eggs but am interested all the same - what is it meant to do?

Sportie -  - a boy!  whohooooo

btw - i got offered dates for september/october due to a cancellation if anyone is interested - get in there quick.

AFM - full steam ahead here.
had my legal review yesterday with Brilliant Beginnings - really excellent.  Did you know, for instance, that until we get a parental order (which can take up to 6 months) that we have to get our surrogate to agree to things like inoculations for the baby.  Also we are not allowed to make any payments dependent on the signing of the parental order.

My surrogate had her scratch at City yesterday - impressed with Dr M's medical skills - he did a very thorough scan and even did a antral follicle count (so jealous of her 23 follicles)  but a bit peed off with his advice "endometrial scratch does not improve pregnancy rates in normally fertile women ... do you still want to go ahead" .... so why didn't you tell me this a week ago when I booked it so i would have time to think/research/liaise with Reprofit - now I have two minutes to reconsider.  Also, he told me that we would have to adopt this baby??  I was shocked - really not sure why he said this unless he thought we were having double donation ( but I only mentioned egg donation).  Anyway he was wrong.

sorry for the moan ...

HHow is everyone coping with the heat - I had three large bites this morning!

#607 ·
Fee - how does the surrogacy legal process of handing your child over work? Sorry for my ignorance. I'd only ever briefly looked at India and knew I'd need to stay there for 3 months before bringing the child home.

#608 ·
Fee - sent you a pm x

Got a lot of catching up to do but until then hoping everyone is well x

#609 ·
Magic - How are you beautiful? Havent had much time to read over it all yet but are you PUPO lovely? Woohoo if so. xxx

#610 ·
Hi again

Aussi - hope your plans for your next transfer are going smoothly.  I forget where you are at now

Gail - can't city fertility post it to you?  Yes I was a bit cross - I just stood my ground and said I am going to do what my clinic says ... but was more annoyed about the adoption thing - it is really unprofessional to give legal advice especially when it is wrong.

Sportie - well, we can physically have the baby as soon as she gives birth - in fact she has told me I must take the baby straight away and do skin to skin contact.  But from a legal point of view, the baby has to be registered in her and her husbands name  (yes,even if is biologically Richards)  and we then apply for parental order.  We can apply straight away but the earliest it is issued is 6 weeks.  They basically send someone round to both our house and our surrogates to check everything out and get their aggreement.  The real bug ger is that we can not make final payment dependent on her signing the parental order - that is illegal.  So basically the law protects the surrogate but not the intended parents.

The thing is, there have only been two cases where the baby has been kept by the surrogate and in both cases, the egg was the surrogates and it was people rushing in not knowing each other, not getting legal advice etc.

If my surrogate wanted to fleece me, the she could, quite easily but I really don't have any worries because she couldn't hurt a fly - it just isn't in her nature.  She really wants to help me and Richard.  And at the end of the day, I have to trust her.

She sent me a text last night saying - "god, we are gonna do this - I am so exited!"

India by the way now insists that you have been married for two years!  so that was that because we are not married.  Because the baby is born in india, you have to apply ffor a passport which takes forever...Think it is quicker in US but that is massively expennsive.

#611 ·
Hi all

fi - wow you've really picked up all the ins and outs quick. Well done you. How exciting you're getting started :)

Aussie - donors EC tomorrow - here's hoping dhs sperm is good (although we still might fertilise a couple with ds) as a plan b (save us the 6 mth wait to go back and  reduces repeat de costs!)

Thanks for the two alternatives to Gestone ladies so I will check if i can swap to Lubion or Agolutin.

Having a chilled out day today before tomorrow got to leave for Clinic at 7.45am and then scratch at 8.15 and sperm.sample at 8.30 :)

Anyone take paracetamol before the scratch if so what dose and how long before??

#612 ·
Magic - I didn't take any pain relief before my scratch and was expecting to afterwards.  But seriously didn't need to.  It wasn't anything to be fussed about.

Best of luck for tomorrow.  Hoping your donor has lots of lovely nice eggs for you to fertilise.

#613 ·
hi everyone-
Good to see this thread so active.
Magic will def. being thinking of you tomorrow and looking forward to your news.
Fee- thanks for your update. interesting to learn about the surrogacy process.
Theo- if you're around I've got a question about IVF regs in France. I know it's illegal to start IVF treatment after 43 but can you use already frozen embies or in my case, eggs?

#614 ·
It is not illegal to IVF at any age in France as far as I know, but the insurance coverage stops at 42.9999, & most places won't treat once you are 40. Personally, unless you have/know of a particularly good gynecologist or clinic, I wouldn't bother here as I find that the usual ways of doing things is not as good as say in Prague. I went to one of the top places in all of France, I never was told embryo grades, no testing of eggs/embies/miscarriages was available, no immune treatments, the transfers were done with an ancient ultrasound in tiny room, etc etc. Just my two cents. Happy to share more, PM me if you want!

Fee thanks for giving more info on surrogacy, very interesting.

I think somebody noted that Gennet's price list has surrogacy listed, has anybody inquired about this?

I think it is probably true that a scratch wouldn't help a "normally fertile woman," whatever that is -- altho I doubt he was trying to compliment you??? It kicks up the inflammatory process in the lining, which is needed in general for implantation. So if somebody has trouble implanting it can help, but if no troubles with that, maybe it would do nothing. Certainly there have only been 2 or 3 studies about the actual scratch, & they were tiny & didn't include those mythical normally fertile chicks.  ^bigbad^

#615 ·
Great sporty I doubt I'll take anything then :)

A little nervous now - tomorrow is so defiintate isn't it in going ahead and using donor eggs. The graduate ladies have helped reassure me though about epigenetics :)

Just remind me when should we expect to know how many eggs have fertilised. We are waiting around in the morning to meet with the embryologists so we can make our decisions with them about using Dhs sperm, ds or both - but is it the next day when you find out how many have fertilised ??

#616 ·
Fi - hello there :) that's interesting about the surrogacy process. You know what - you're inspiring :) I read something today about never giving up on your dreams (very clever and I can't remember it now :eek:) and it's inspiring to see this mantra in action.

Magic - good luck for tomorrow :)

All - I keep reading about this scratch thing - should I ask for this?? Also, I read on another forum that one lady was told not to exercise or have sex for 10 weeks after transfer....have any of you here been told anything like this?

#617 ·
Jenn - I've only just been signed off to resume sex due to my history in recurrent miscarriage. The reason is semen contains some chemical which stimulates the uterus into contracting. So now we've been told it'd be better to carry on not having sex, but if we do we have to use condoms.  After IVF they also say not to have sex for 2 weeks as there's a risk of infection.

So I'd say 2 weeks minimum, maybe longer depending on your history.

#618 ·
Gail thanks for the link so helpful and also to read your thoughts on de. I feel for you so much for all your losses hun. In some sense only having one chemical pregnancy our of all our attempts has at least spared us of the additional deep pain of loosing our precious beans.

As for the sex conversation - haha I'm gearing my DH up for no sex now for some time now haha!!! We invest so much into this journey you just don't want to take any risks do you. I presume no sex in the week before transfer would be adviseable too given what you've said sporty about the sperm and contractions - righto time to take my pill and get to bed xx

#619 ·
gailgegirl said:
Hi magic yes next day you are informed of fertilisation here is simple blog with photos, usually they know by day 3 the quality to advance to blast. They do grading system on blasts aa, ab, bb, and rate the cellular changes from 1 to 5, 5AA being pretty much the best you can get in terms of grades this is hatching blast. http://reddot4ttc.wordpress.com/2010/04/30/embryo-development-101/

Jenn scratch has some evidence in increasing implantation its very simple xo
Hi - thanks for sharing that link - makes it easy to understand and info about the scratch too. I definitely ask about it...can't hurt!

#620 ·
Sporty_girlie said:
Jenn - I've only just been signed off to resume sex due to my history in recurrent miscarriage. The reason is semen contains some chemical which stimulates the uterus into contracting. So now we've been told it'd be better to carry on not having sex, but if we do we have to use condoms. After IVF they also say not to have sex for 2 weeks as there's a risk of infection.

So I'd say 2 weeks minimum, maybe longer depending on your history.
Wowsa! That's a long time - of course completely understand with the explanation given.

Yes I had one miscarriage in my mid 20s (regular pregnancy) so I do want to take care. I guess they will give guidance based on that.

#621 ·
Morning ladies

Up bright and early and todays deeds are done! Sample deposited and now for the long wait this morning to find out how many eggs and what dhs sperm quality is like today some difficult decisions to make today regarding donor sperm.

Ive just had my scratch and it really is nothing to worry about! If anything its more like a penatrative hole with a small charcheter - 3 times they pierce the endrometrium no ultra sound used even! Just a spectulum

Lining still 11mm so being maintained nicely and Dr B is happy with this :) Over the first hurdle!

#622 ·
Magic - as far as I understand having sex once your DH has given his sperm sample and before ET is fine. On our natural FET cycle we were even encouraged to give it a go. 

#623 ·
Hi there,

Well I was just looking at where we are staying again this morning and I think it will be a good choice ( I am really starting to worry about this trip more than I should). I read through the reviews and it seems that everyone that stayed there was pretty happy. The area of town looks good too. It also appears to have a Tesco 5 minutes walk away which will be handy.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g274707-d4360930-LUXURY_STAY_IN_PRAGUE_OLD_TOWN-Prague_Bohemia.html

The communications we've had with the owner have been great (he was really great when we changed our booking date due to changing our ET date). I just wonder what the weather will be like late September? We probably would not need aircon would we?

#625 ·
Hi Majic

All crossed for some quality eggs today.

Just wanted to add some thoughts to the donor part.

I have had a long time to get used to the idea and I always ask myself the same question "if my mum and dad weren't my genetic parents, would I care". And the answer always comes back "my parents love/d me so much, it wouldn't matter a bit".

And the other way around ... I have seen lots of my friends have donor babies, my godson is a double donor, and honestly, they love their babies so much.  I have another friend who has one full genetic and one donor egg and she said "honestly Fiona, there is absolutely no difference in the way that I love them ... "

And I know it isn't the same thing, but we have had two sets of kittens now and they are sooooo ours now ... They are our family... ... We love their little personalities ... Jasmine always cuddles up to me by laying on my tummy first thing in a morning. Padfoot is quirky and he squeaks when he is trying to tell you something ... He loves my chocolate complan and harasses me for a bit when I make one  ... I give him the straw to lick when I have finished.

In the end , families are created in different ways ... Doesn't matter as long as you have one

Xxxx

#626 ·
Idlikemagic said:
Morning ladies

Up bright and early and todays deeds are done! Sample deposited and now for the long wait this morning to find out how many eggs and what dhs sperm quality is like today some difficult decisions to make today regarding donor sperm.

Ive just had my scratch and it really is nothing to worry about! If anything its more like a penatrative hole with a small charcheter - 3 times they pierce the endrometrium no ultra sound used even! Just a spectulum

Lining still 11mm so being maintained nicely and Dr B is happy with this :) Over the first hurdle!
That's great :) First hurdle over ^clapping^

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.