Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lister Cycle Chatter - Part 6

49K views 531 replies 39 participants last post by  Mrs Rock 
#1 ·
New home, happy chatting ladies....who's going to be first..

#27 ·
Lendi - congrats on being PUPO and also a blast in the freezer! That is great news :)

Teeninparis - The Lister are very good at monitoring your bloods on a daily basis and adjusting your medication. It's only your first scan so it only up from here!

2Buttons - You can get your file just by asking the secretaries. I e-mailed one of them and they sent me all my details back via e-mail also.

Kezza - Hope you are doing ok hun  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Mrs Rock - Keeping my fingers crossed those morulas make it into blasts for tomorrow. Wishing you lots of luck  ^pray^ ^pray^

Hope everyone else is doing ok x

#28 ·
Mrs Rock - praying for your little morulas. ^pray^ ^pray^ 

In my last cycle, out of 8 embryos we only had one (early blast) to transfer on day 5, and it was only average quality, and too early even to grade.  They said really it should have been a bit further on that it was, but we transferred it, and I cried all the way home from the Lister, but now I am 10 weeks pregnant.  Don't lose heart.  Am sending so many baby vibes to you xxx

I have my last scan tomorrow before my 13 week private nuchal scan.  I am flying back to the UK for the latter, and will be going alone for that one.  DH will be in Dakar and will join us a few weeks later.  I will be so nervous and pray all is well.

#29 ·
Hi Everyone

So I had a bit of a meltdown this morning - I had to ring the evil boss to say I needed to book Friday off - and as I said it I burst out crying  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ Can't be the drugs already surely. I think it was all the stress of yesterday the build up of going down as it was awful last time and must have been worried. Also I know it sounds daft but I think the enormity of what we are doing has just hit me!!!

Anyhow goodness knows what he thinks is up with me - All I managed to say was that I had to go and have a procedure! I couldn't say scan again! I am taking it as a/l anyway. I don't want too many questions asked. He was ok - I am meeting him tomorrow to go through some horrendous spreadsheets that I haven't got a clue how to do. What a palaver!!!

Did my 2nd injection of Fostimon too - did the other leg this time! Also had a bit of a cock up with the menopur, my husband collected it from asda as they were cheapest for all drugs ( although yesterday paid £306 for fostimon at Lister as needed to have it for last night - cost at asda only £200! :mad:) and when i have looked at what they have given me from asda  they have only given me 10 x 75iu - my dose is 300 per day for 7 days - so that should be 28 x 75iu. So going to have to ring tomorrow to see what they have done wrong - My husband paid £115 for the 10 x 75iu and that is qhat we were quoted total for the 28 so something not right! what has everyone else paid?

Lendi - excited for you with your blasts on board!

Need2B - nice to know we are similar cycle and stages! Just hope something happens with these drugs - 1st ivf and feel like i am in a bubble!

Mrs Rock - everything crossed for you!

Kezza - sending lots of love xxx

Feel like I am imagining lower abdo cramps - nothing major but nit sure if I am just imagining haha! Anything i should be doing? Drinking or eating? Made a juice before, carrots apples, kale, spinach, strawberries & broccoli!!!!

hope everyone doing ok !!

#30 ·
Lendi- I'm all good thanks!! Caved and tested this morning (1day early by my calculations and 2days early by consultant's; 12dp5dt). We got a  ^clapping^ ^BFP^ ^pompom^.  We're over the moon but I'll test over the next few days just to make sure and GP has agreed to beat HCG (which I'll do tomorrow) in light of my MMC in May.
How are you??

#31 ·
Congratulations Jen!  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

#32 ·
Congratulations Jen!! What lovely news :)

Lilli - I think the first IVF is the hardest as you are never sure what to expect! Lots of deep breaths to keep calm! You will get through it! The price Asda quoted you does seem a bit low. I would check what is up with them.x

#33 ·
Congratulations Jen on your  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^pompom^

#34 ·
Jen, huge congratulations. So pleased with your news.

Liliwilli, I was on fostimon and found pharmasure were the cheapest. Asda also cocked it up for me and we ended up sending a letter of complaint. Hope you get it sorted today, just stress you don't need. With your male boss just say it's gynaecological issues, that's what I did and believe me they run a mile from questions, plus you aren't lying!

Alison so good to hear all is going so well.

Hi to everyone else, 2buttons jealous of lovely italian holiday, although about time you got a relax! Good luck on the weightloss  ;)

#35 ·
Jen than is great news! 

Not sure about drug prices as was lucky to hav my doc in France write the prescription so thus far it has been covered on assurance Maladie

I start progesterone today - do I need to take it in the am?

Lilliwilli - I mimic others with gynae issues.  Male bosses tend not to judge or say anything.  I personally would record or make a record of all interactions and follow up with a written email if he is an ****.  CYA - an official hr term :). Cover your (own) ****!

Waiting to hear from lister after a few conversations that needed to be had on their end.

Love to all

#36 ·
Morning gals, it's another hot one  8)

Tee progesterone suppositories, best back passage, 20mins before u get up and just before going to bed - least messy way xx

Jen, big congrats honey  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^monkey^ ^monkey^ ^monkey^

Sarah, thanks, I got the form...reckon I'm getting a good deal at £25, my file is MASSIVE  ;D

Alison, enjoy ur scan tom, sure all is well and you are well on ur way  :)

Lilliwilli  ^hugme^ love u sound a bit emotional  ^hugme^ It's gonna be fine either way. I remember telling my old boss and surprised myself by choking on the words and then he was kind enough to tell me how his wife (since died of cancer) had struggled with conceiving their second. He isn't known as a sensitive man/nice boss type, but people can surprise you. If he's an ^Booty^ that's his problem. Anyway I suppose I'm saying u don't have to lie unless u want to. The drugs can make u nuts really quickly too  ^idiot^ But u r not alone  ^Cuddle^

Hilly thank u hun, I'm off to gym in a second almost 5lbs down from Friday  :)

Mrs rock, sorry u didn't get to do cgh, it is upsetting not to get what u expected  ^hugme^ But, u def didn't damage any good ones in the process, so silver lining there...(there's a pun in there somewhere  ;D) ...fx for ur triplets tom  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  ^reiki^

#37 ·
lendi, I hope you do not mind if I ask you a question. I can see that you have done tamoxifen treatment with dr Ramsay but somehow your DH's sperm got worse and he became azospermic? is this due to tamoxifen? I am slightly worried because my Dh has been on tamoxifen for 7 months now but his SA did not improve at all and count even got lower. I wonder if we should stop the treatment.

#38 ·
Hi briss
Sorry to hear you are in similar situation. It's rubbish isn't it.
I don't think it was the tamoxifen really. Mr r suspected it was v v low and there was narrowing of his vas on one side and a large varicoele on the other side. Think that it was probably only occasional motile sperm on other analysis but they always reported it as 100,000/ml, then narrowed vas started to obstruct more and more so count went down to zero obvious sperm. We tried it for 3-4 months as as it made no difference we made other plans ie SSR, prob could have stopped it but kept on it at that point as think there is anecdotal evidence that it make SSR more likely to be successful.
There are plenty of people on the NOA thread who it has made a difference for but I would have thought it would have done something useful by now for you if it was going to? When are you seeing urologist again? Maybe email to check he should still be on it. Also make sure they are checking his male hormones.
What are your plans now? Good luck!  :)

#39 ·
lendi, thank you very much for sharing! yes you are right Dr Ramsay said it's unlikely tamaxofen will improve things at this point since this has not happened in 6 months but we decided to carry on mainly cos it increased DH's testosterone levels and I suspect this dramatically improved his sex drive. the change is amazing! for the first time I do not need to beg him to BD :) I am just cautious cos I do not want it to make his count worse. Dr Ramsay said he cannot predict how tamaxofen will work long term. We are currently waiting for the NHS funding to do a stim IVF at UCH but I also have high FSH issue so not sure how this is going to work. I am eyeing Lister cos I know they have had some success with high FSH ladies. We also want to do IMSI (cos both our ICSIs failed and I suspect due to sperm) but I doubt NHS will pay for this.

best of luck with your cycle and I hope you will get your BFP next week!

#40 ·
Hi girls. Sorry for the me post. I've been to the Epu this morning as I hadn't started bleeding. They took my bloods and scanned me and have just confirmed that my Hcg is now 7 and the scan showed no obvious signs of any clot or remaining tissue so I've been left to wait to start bleeding on my own. Just been to the loo and it has started. I'm hoping it is quick so I can move on.

I think at this point I'm going to move on from this thread so I wish you all lots of luck and baby dust xxx

#41 ·
Dear Kezza - please look after yourself and keep in touch  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#42 ·
Jen congratulations!!! ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^banana^

#43 ·
Kezza's- I'm so very sorry!!! ^hugme^ I hope it all goes quickly and you can find some solace. Take care xxx

#44 ·
Kezzababes  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#45 ·
Kezza -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ Xxxx

#46 ·
Kezza - have not connected for a while and sad to read your news my cycle buddy. Lots of  ^hugme^

AFM - a few weeks post BFN and I'm feeling alright and started to think about next moves and this is where I need your expert advice. Have had 2 good cycles, with either good or reasonable response and either excellent or alright embryo quality. What tests should I seek before contemplating another IVF?

Your insights would be appreciated ladies as I have not done anything out if the standard path on my IVF adventures (should probably add "yet")

Thank you

#47 ·
Hi - I took stock and did -

Thyroids
Thrombophilia
NK cells

And came to terms that nice suggests three cycles for a reason :(

We also did some tests for genetics - CF, and counsyl as recommended by a friend who is an FE in Australia.  Essentially - she said if you would get an amino then you should do this.  You can have only one person do it and test the other if something comes up.  We saw Dr Thum and he drew us a whole chart of why you have implantation failure.  We had a lot of the tests but not all.

Hope that helps Tee

#48 ·
Kezzababes, we will miss u, may your ivf journey be brief  ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Ashley, tees suggestion is a good place to start (often called 2nd tier immunes), I would also look at the differences btwn ur first and second cycle, as first looks better.

CF and karyotyping u may have done already. Have u had the Hystosalpingogram, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy - checking all ur tubes, endo, physiology etc AMH too.

If ur concerned about sperm (significant embryo loss day 4/5) do the dna fragmentation test.

There are a lot of possible tests, ask ur  doctors which ones u r missing/ought to do.

....and yes, an average of 3 cycles for ivf but that may mean it's cycle 4 or 5 for u. I hope it's just around the corner for u  ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Read agates threads on immunes and learning from your ivf cycle it's in the forum xx

#49 ·
NICE has to factor in cost considerations to its recommendations of course.  Personally I am willing/lucky to be able to find more money than the NHS can for my tx.  My DD was from fresh cycle number 2 but she was ET number 5. 

#50 ·
Mrs Rock - that is why I do think that they suggest funding 3-4 cycles says a lot.  It is costly so for that recommendation it does suggest the normal 25% chance of pregnancy which is similar to 25 year olds that are healthy. 

For me it is a reality test!  Trying to stay positive when I think the first three didn't work why would this one. 

;) whatever gets you through this. 

I am going mad on final f and my new protocol!  Mad I tell you! 

Bisous. Tee

#51 ·
Take care Kezza,  ^hugme^

Well I'm back from my second scan, still not much happening.. They have upped my meds again today so really hope things will kick in as I responded to 450iu last time. There is potentially 2-4 follicles but really tiny and my lining is still thin too.. I'm trying to keep positive, can be tough though at times!! ^pray^ ^reiki^

I'll try do personals later.. Hope everyone else ok xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.