Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

September / October 2014 Cycle Buddies

108K views 2K replies 85 participants last post by  poppy05 
#1 ·
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in September / October 2014.

Please read the FAQ here: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

[csv=]
Name , Treatment , Stimming , EC , ET , OTD , Outcome
Loftyhope , ICSI , , , 23rd Sept , 10th Oct , ^reiki^

Jules418 , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
Brighton24 , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
GTCTTWW , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
KateMart , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
mross , IVF , 28th Aug , 26th Sept , , , ^reiki^
nuttynat1982 , FET , , , , , ^reiki^
Itsallokay , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
FLC2013 , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
Flips , FET , , , , , ^reiki^
Poppy05 , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
macca21 , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
Dreaming2014 , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
harleyb1992 , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
fingersx2013 , IVF , 20th Aug , 3rd Sept , , , ^reiki^
Sue41 , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
Lottie1802 , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
happy girl , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
Georgie-K , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
Kazza79 , ICSI , 1st Oct , , , , ^reiki^
Mrs_F , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
2forJoy , IVF , 16th Sept , 27th Sept , , , ^reiki^
tricia1012 , IVF , 26th Sept , , , , ^reiki^
Daisy38 , FET , , , , , ^reiki^
Eggs1 , IVF , 15th Sept , , , , ^reiki^
dmh77 , FET , , , , , ^reiki^
Threebee , ICSI , 24th Sept , 8th Oct , , , ^reiki^
Jelliebabe , ICSI , 10th Sept , 22nd Sept , 24th Sept , , ^reiki^
HollyA , ICSI , 15th Sept , 26th Sept , , , ^reiki^
Foreverfaith , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
Sianb , , , 6th Oct , , , ^reiki^

[/csv]

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

See less See more
#452 ·
HollyA that sounds like a very tricky situation, hopefully u can work something out  ^hugme^  and no one will be any wiser  ;)

#453 ·
HollyA I think you will just have to wait and see fingers crossed - with the wedding in 10 days the bride has probably already confirmed final numbers so won't be able to change it now anyway - I know it sounds a terrible thing to say but you could always claim the dreaded 24 hour bug has hit you and DH if the transfer day falls on that day - white lie but saves you the stress of people knowing about the treatment. They can't get mad at you if you say you were sick. Hopefully you will end up with a BFP and can tell the Bride later on that it must of been morning sickness!

I am getting married next month - (my OTD should be either on wedding day or a couple days later) and I have already confirmed final numbers etc

Hope this helps  ^hugme^

#454 ·
I've been away for a while, but will do my best to catch up...

HollyA - that's a really tough one. Since you've got a room booked (close enough to the wedding to nip back and forth for rests?), I'd leave making the decision until the actual day. If you feel up to going, go, if you don't, then say you're ill and can't go. It'll be true. But even if you are able to make it just for the ceremony, you might feel better for being there. I think try and put it out of your mind until the day - as hopeful says, it won't make any difference to the numbers now.

Lofty - trigger, very exciting! Good luck for tomorrow. This is the exciting part :)

2forjoy - hope the stims go well for you.

Hope everyone's feeling better - seems like there was something in the air yesterday.

AFM, not doing so well - I'm on day 13 of stims, and they're talking of cancelling my cycle, as I've only got two follicles that are growing. They're going to check things on Friday again, but it's not looking good. I can't believe this is happening. It's always the things you don't prepare for, isn't it? I never imagined that we'd have to stop the cycle.

#455 ·
Hey everyone hope your all doing good!  :)

My lovely wifey had her EC this morning and they had 11 eggs and 10 of those are mature and our donor sperm had thawed perfectly too so fingers crossed!!!!!
But my wife is soo ill bless her she was sick at clinic and again when we got home  :(  Just wait for the phone calls now…..and then my scratch on Friday  ^reiki^

#456 ·
I know, that's also why I feel bad because its money paid out by them that they cant get back and she's already said to me about people that have pulled out and she's angry and upset about it...im just going to wait and see how Friday goes. Got the days wrong, the scan days are days 5 & 8 so wedding wknd falls on day 2 & 3 for transfer so chances are could obviously be one of them.

Wow you're brave hopeful I've everything crossed for you...double celebration that day I hope! :)

Rumplestiltskin I'm so sorry, such a sad development ^pray^ for you Friday ^hugme^

^hugme^ to you both chellelauz hope she feels better, lots of water as per I guess. Good luck Friday to you. Sit tight lovelies :)

#457 ·
Afternoon all,
Having turned up at Oxford on the right day  ^idiot^ The scan went very well, I have 11 follicles on one side and 8 on the other, everything looks nice and healthy so they think I will be in for EC on Monday/Tuesday!!!!! All of a sudden this seems to be very real and I am getting more nervous the more I think about it.... ^pray^

I hope everyone else is ok and you are feeling better? I am so bloated at the moment, my husband keeps getting me to eat and I just cant. Today I have had a banana and a pastry! Is anyone else finding it difficult to eat????

Chellelauz - Congratulations, great amount of eggs. I hope you are feeling better soon and everything goes well on Friday. Quick question do they do the scratch and then put the egg back on the same visit or is it a separate process? Take care  ^hugme^ ^pray^ ^hugme^

Macca 21 - I hope you are feeling better? Where are you now in your treatment? I am feeling ok apart from the stuff mentioned above.

Kazza79 - Well done with your first injection, I hope you are feeling ok?

Dreaming2014 - Are you hiding your treatment from work? I am and finding it difficult, I am about to be TUPED into a new company and have a training/welcome event on the 29th and 30th Sept and I have a horrible feeling that I will be going in for my fertilised egg to be put back on one of these dates! Do i tell them or do i go sick with a new company......Its so hard, I normally work from home and then travel as needed. SO difficult!!!!

HollyA - Thanks for the advice on the 2ww, it is all starting to feel a little scary at the moment - constant butterflies in my stomach. I will use your list of things to do and keep busy when this time comes. How are you feeling?

Take care everyone, much love  ^hugme^

I will try and get to the chat room tonight

#458 ·
Dem31 my partner chelle had the EC and we are freezing her embryos to hopefully use in the future I am doing separate treatment and have the scratch Friday then start DR a few days later and then my stimms about 2 weeks after again i think EC is normally about a month after you do the scratch from what I gather! x We do like to confuse people lol

#459 ·
Hi Ladies and Gent and welcome to all new ladies.

Wowzer I have just caught up from last week and I have to say I feel sooooooo much better knowing I am going through same feelings and symptoms.

Had a lovely few days in spain but the heat, although was lovely, played havoc with swelling up. Everything was swollen and my feet were like big fat balloons. since being back the swelling has gone down a bit but my tummy is sooooo bloated and I have gained11lb in 1 week !!!!! yes ELEVEN POUNDS WHAT!!! how can that happen .... mortified. I wouldn't mind but didn't drink much maybe 2 glasses a day and loads of water, food wasn't bad as was so hot only wanted salad.  :'( hoping it is just the water retention...well it is but feels like an excuse as lost sooo much weight to get my BMI down.... FEELING FAT haa haa. Look like I am about 6mths gone already

Any one else noticed crazy weight gain ???

Other symptoms are now occuring...memory is shockingly bad, moods are terrible especially with poor DH. One min crying next min uncontrolable laughter (this one i like ) Super tired then when go to lie down am wide awake.

AF arrived this morning too 2 days later than anticipated but am pleased and I have my BL scan a week tomorrow.

Poppy - looking forward to the chatroom later (hope i don't forget) as on my own tonight.. I am a rugby Widow and DH seems to be there all the time. tue, wed, thu, sat and sun. Have told him to get it out of hs system as won't be able to as much if we catch some magical baby dust  ;D

Kazza - did you ever get that buzzing sorted in the garden?

Dem31 - Oh my gosh how exciting I had a bit of a tear when i read that is could be mon or tue (see I'm an emotional wreck). My work situ is a bit weird. We were outsourced about 18 mnths ago and my new management know nothing of any treatment I am having as I don't know them and they work 100's of miles away never met them either. My old manager knows and when I have had hosp apps I just go as usually 1st thing and then make up my time. I have mentioned to New boss that I have to have a procedure done but am waiting on dates and can I work from home for 2 weeks and he said yes and no more was said.

HollyA - I would try not to stress about it and wait until you definately know what is happening you may find that it all works in your favour and you get the best of both ..... sending positive vibes your way plus if you get to blast that would be day 5 which would fall on the Monday (Is that right or have I got that wrong)

Apologes for moans and groans  :-[ I do feel better for sharing hope you haven't all fallen asleep lol although if you are struggling with geting to sleep you may want to book mark my essay haa haa.
On the plus side my injections are going well and I also alternate between left and right side.

Love and magic baby dust to you all

Jules
xxxxx

#460 ·
Thanks Chellelauz for the info, we are on a completely different process so I am not sure I will have the scratch or not. Hope your partner is feeling better soon.  ^hugme^

Jules418 - I didnt mean to make you cry, bless you. I have had a couple of tears at stupid stuff over the last couple of days, mainly tv programmes lol  ;D
I am going to see how my scan goes on Friday and then make a decision from there, I am free until the 29th so my EC wont be an issue as I can just work from home when feeling a bit better/current boss is aware. It will be the replacement which might be the Friday or Monday depending on how long it takes for my egg to look good. They seem to give a 3-5 day window for this but its as and when you receive the call.........Anyone know anymore about how long they leave it before putting the egg back in???? I imagine its on an individual basis.
I have gained about 5lbs and feel huge, I think this is normal though. Make sure you drink lots of water
^hugme^ ^pray^ ^hugme^

#461 ·
Dem31 am glad everything is going good. Good luck with your EC on monday/tuesday ;)

Am doing ok am on day 10 of DR and AF has been very painful this month, and had the worst headache all day so am drinking loads of water and hoping it goes soon.

This is one hell of a ride and I think we should all be so proud of ourselves  :) xx

#462 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am sorry not to have kept up to date with this thread. We have ended up being at the clinic for rather a long time every day this week and with travel, this takes us out of the house for a large part of the day.

My cycle is not going well again. I have had a polyp diagnosed and my bloods don't match a very, very busy pair of ovaries. So, it will be a freeze all cycle. I think a lot of the follicles may be empty or have immature eggs. We were waiting all day today to find out if in fact the cycle would have to be cancelled. I was supposed to trigger last night, but bloods were surprisingly low. Last egg collection they were expecting 9 eggs and only got one, the rest were empty, so I am feeling apprehensive about egg collection on Friday and sad that I will have to have a polypectomy instead of embyro transfer. There is little control we have over this though and so, I thought for those of you who were not having such an easy time like Rumplestiltskin, that perhaps you would feel less alone. I think sometimes the buserelin in a long protocol can suppress the ovaries too much (this happened to me) and so you may do better on another protocol. Obviously, this does not help the situation for you right here and now, but just don't want you to feel it's all over.

I once had a poor response and cancelled the cycle, just before egg collection and started again on a higher dose and did much better. That way you get some money back that you can put towards a better cycle. Sometimes, it is about learning about you as an individual and how you respond. xxxx

#463 ·
Evening all

Just another reminder about tonights chat at 7.30, see you in the chatroom  :)

#464 ·
oooh stupid ipad wouldnt let me type!!!

chellelauz well dont to your wife on her ec 11 eggs is amazing, sending lots of  ^reiki^  for tomorrows call

lofty, how eggciting!!!! (hehe) good luck for ec tomorrow hun, cant wait to hear how many eggs they collect  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

right ive got to go get dinner, c u later girls xxx

#465 ·
Poppy! I don't know if I can come :/ I'm on my tablet and when I click for chat room it takes me to a welcome room....there doesn't seem to be any other rooms there! Any ideas? Perhaps u could post a link to the room on here when u start?? Xx

#466 ·
2forjoy, and anyone else on a mobile device, once you're in the main welcome room i will open our room and i will put you in it ok  :)

#467 ·
Thanks pops x

#468 ·
Sorry couldn't stay in the chat poppy. Kept getting kicked out :(

#469 ·
Just a quick post ladies

Thanks poppy for arranging the chat :)

Chellelauz - omg that's amazing congrats on on those lovely eggs ! Hope they all get fertilizing :) how's your wife I hope she's feeling better  now . Keep us updated xxx

#470 ·
Your more than welcome Tricia, it was nice to see so many of you came for it, i think its always good to have a live chat when going through tx, especially if like me your feeling a bit fed up, cos it always cheers me up having a giggle in chat, and Lottie you did make me laugh with your 'tickle my bumhole' comment!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lets hope i will be hosting an early pregnancy chat night in a few weeks hey girls  ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Cycle buddy chats will be every wed eve at 7.30  ^hugme^

#471 ·
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on for ages, so sorry. I sometimes just don't know what to say. I find it really helpful reading everyone's comments that you all share. You are all such strong and supportive women  :) And I really wish you all well with your journeys ^hugme^

Rumplstiltskin - so sorry to hear your cycle might have to be cancelled. I hope it works out for you x

Holly A - I am in a similar predicament to you - we have two weddings to go to in two weeks, and I'm really starting to feel like I can't face going to either of them (can't really face seeing people lately). I also think EC might be around that time, and I wanna just rest at home in my pjs after that! I am in two minds at the moment whether to tell the bride the truth, and ask her not to tell anyone else, or tell people I have a sickness bug the day before!?!

I've done 14 days of Buserelin injections now, I can't believe it, and have my baseline scan tomo. I've just tried keeping my head down and getting on with it. I've realised I've become very unsociable since tx properly started, I've not contacted or spoke to any friends, and I just don't want to see anyone :( I'm ok, but feeling down every now and again. Side effects haven't been toooo bad - a little headachey, waking in night in a sweat, a little tired, and injections sting and itch for a while. My AF was the worst this month, so heavy and terrible cramps. Hey ho, I can't wait to see what the hosp say tomo about what next and hopefully get a better idea about dates for EC etc

I hope you're all getting through this ok, and I'm sending lots of love xxx

#472 ·
Rumplestiltskin  and Brighton24 was just having a quick read back - so sorry your cycles are not going as planned this is a really tough journey but don't give up hope you never know what may happen . Sending loads of  ^hugme^ Xx

Georgie k - best of luck with your scan tomorrow

Holly - that's a tough one I think I would prob just pull a sickie and blame it on a stomach bug

Poppy - so true Lottie's comment was too funny :)

Night ladies,  back at work tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have loads to catch up on when I'm back in here again as can't while I'm at work . Good luck with all your appts and scans . Baby dust to all .

Tricia xx

#473 ·
Morning Ladies,

Poppy - thank you for hosting the chat room last night I am glad I joined I was a bit apprehensive at first as not done a chat room before but it was very enjoyable and I laughed alot which is what we all need at the moment helps relieve the stress some what.

Georgie-K - Sorry to hear you are feeling low at the moment, is it just pressure of the treatment or other things weighing you down. sending you positive vibes hun and hope that you have a brighter day today....good luck with the scan  ^hugme^

AFM - water retention seems to be going  ^clapping^ and i weighed myself this morning and i have lost 5lb...yes 5lb since tuesday...just in water retention how mad is that...the body is a strange thing. I forgot my healing stones today lol so although the rage is at bay i feel it lurking ready to pounce on some poor person (or bad driver lol)

Happy thursday everyone  :)

Jules
xxxx

#474 ·
Dem31 that's exciting, I have my second stims scan on Monday but at the satellite in reading so not in oxford but good luck and hope we both have good news that day!! Im feeling okay, im abit more tired than usual and being my normal busy self is becoming a chore especially when I have struggled with not having control of my body now for so long, I don't want to give in but may have to just slow it down a little bit for next few weeks.

I would leave the job situ until it becomes a problem and you could always just tell them you've been taken ill and hopefully can follow up with the news your pregnant and it would all fall into place or on the other hand you could tell them and be honest and have a clean slate...they may be really understanding and will ease your worries ^hugme^ The transfer is normally scheduled abit last minute as they will call you and tell you how many fertilised then give rough idea as to when transfer will be but they will check on days 2,3 & 5 and call you on either day in the morning first thing and tell you if you need to be in for your transfer so you'd know early in the day.

Bless you Jules, weight gain is usually sign of a good holiday in my opinion ;D and will go down over next few days and 5lb off is a great start, I had serious bloating first time and had to hold my stomach hehe, I had ohss though and long protocol with different meds and this course is completely different so fingers crossed I have dodged the above as I don't need to dr. Blasto could be beginning of week yeah so im just playing it all by ear now as DH is on my case to stop stressing about it ^idiot^

Hi gerogie ^wave^ its tough call and I too would much rather be at home but we are slightly closer to clinic at the venue than we would be if we were at home but ill just be on edge and me and DH not drinking around a boozy bunch may raise a few eyebrows and not sure we'll be able to disguise it very well...im leaving it down to the wire and if we decide to pull out, ill make it up to her by doing everything I can think of .

Good luck with scan today :)

Brighton i'm sorry things aren't going well but thinking of you and stay strong lovely ^hugme^

AFM did my first morning jab today and it ached loads after, more than the evening one, evening is gonal F and morning is cetrotide, anyone else on same?? I was worried didn't get everything out of the vial as some of the liquid disappeared round the neck of the vial and couldn't get it out but im sure we did enough...worried though.

Sorry didn't make chat room, I laid in bed watching Great British bake off and dosing as feeling uber tired and headachy so had as rest up after dinner and jab with lots of water. Recent scan I had to check ovaries showed 17 follicles on one ovary and 19 on other and Im slowly becoming more aware of them :mad: praying ohss stays away and these all don't start to balloon!!

This is my Friday today though and im looking forward to day off tomorrow, have first stim scan in the morning so praying for good news and great start.

Hope you all have good day and look after yourselves x

#475 ·
Hey ladies, hope ur all good and doing well in ur cycles  :)

Thanks for all ur messages of support its fab talking to others, chelle is feeling much better today! Out of 10 mature eggs 5 fertilised so we are just waiting for the calls to see how they do in next few days, got my scratch tomorrow very scared cos I'm a right wuss! Lol

#476 ·
Just updating on EC this morning.  Disappointed to say the least and really upset and disheartened  :(

The actual procedure went ok and I can handle the pain BUT out of the 16 follies they've only managed to collect 5 eggs (I cried, all that effort for 5!!!).  We are awaiting a phone call tomorrow between and 9-10am to confirm if any of the eggs are mature and whether any have fertilised.

It was also explained that due to previous complications, ET could be tricky and there is confusion as to whether I should be sedated  and they don't do that over weekend (that's if we make it that far).  They could attempt a local block but the way they explained it it could be really tricky and ET might not be able to go ahead, in which case they would have to freeze. 

On a more positive note if we made it to blastocyst, that would take us to day 5 (next tues) and sedation could go ahead.

Really feel low and didn't expect so few eggs  :(  Going to bed, I'm achy, tired, groggy, miserable and dam right negative at the min

Wishing you ladies better luck than me xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.