Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Day 3 transfer

781 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  roxysister 
#1 ·
Hello, I had my egg collection on Tuesday and out of 6 eggs,  2 fertilised and we are transferring them both back in tommorow morning (day 3).  6 is the highest amt of eggs I have ever had so was a bit disappointed that 2 were immature and 2 fertilised abnormally. Still, I am thankful to have 2 to use. She said it was too early to be able to tell me the quality of them etc.

I know I am totally overthinking this (isn't that what we all do whilst going through this!), but if i only have 2 embryos to transfer why are the lister waiting until day 3?  Why not do day 2 transfer?  Am thinking it's because the quality wasn't v good so they wanted to see what happened with them today?? Haven't had a call so maybe that's good??!!

See, told you I was overthinking!!

Just wondered if the lister tended to prefer the 3 day transfer as opposed to 2?

Thank you!

#2 ·
Hi Pas.  I'm not at your clinic but I too was left with 2 that fertilised normally and had them both transfered on Monday on day 3.  I dont think my clinic even does 2 day transfers, in fact i think most usually do 3 or 5 day transfers so I wouldnt worry too much about that. Best of luck x

#3 ·
Thank you. I have only ever had 2 day transfers so this is different for me. Let's hope it's a good sign!
I hope you are feeling ok while on your 2ww. It's agony isn't it. Keep busy!
Best of luck!

#4 ·
I've been waiting 5 years so 2 weeks is a breeze! 

Who am I kidding, I am going nuts already!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.