Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

23 year old ivf what to expect

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Somewhereinafrica 
#1 ·
Hiya, im Andrea im new to this site so not to sure what im doing. But I am 23 im from Portsmouth. I have been on the nhs waiting list for about a year and half and now am finally due to start ivf around November.  I just wanted advice on what im due to expect what drinks are good to help and vitamins. I also would love to hear your stories.  Please also help me on how to use this haha. Look forward to hearing from you. Oh yes and my reasons for ivf are due to I have endometriosis and my partner has 98% anti bodies in his sperm which means he will never be able to produce a child naturally. Xxx

#2 ·
Hi Andrea, welcome to FF!

I would try posting an introduction (if you haven't already) here - CLICK HERE

Also, you may find the following sections of the forum useful -

Preparing For Treatment / Waiting To Start Treatment - CLICK HERE

IVF General chat ~CLICK HERE

Cycle Buddies (undergoing treatment at the same time) - CLICK HERE

Good luck with your treatment.

Jen x

#3 ·
Hello Adrea,

I am also 23 and am on my 2wwafter my FET ( frozen embryo transfer) I had a failed IVF cycle and straight after did the FET.

For me being young I didn't expect it to not work. I have PCOS but no other diagnosis it was such a shock when I didn't work. I think that is hard because a lot of the information is not geared towards younger patiences.

Some advice would be to be assertive with your doctor not to be too laid back because you are young. I think ours was less aggressive because of my age.

Be kind to yourself, it's the hardest part but do try!

Best of luck to you. I wish you all the success

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.