Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENNET - Cycle Buddies 3

101K views 1K replies 42 participants last post by  bundles 
#1 ·
Welcome to your new home Gennet Cyclers!

Please note, pregnancy chat should be kept to an absolute minimum on here, instead use the Pregnancy and Parenting After Infertility thread (http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=261043.0).

Just to make it clear, I am NOT asking pregnant members to stop posting - your support and experience is invaluable - just to refrain from posting about scans/pregnancy ailments etc on a board where others are still trying to achieve their dream.

This thread is open ended and it's anticipated that members will use it for support and then move on to other areas as and when required. If you have finished your treatment cycle you are more than welcome to continue to support those coming along after, but please bear this in mind.

Please bear in mind Site Guidelines: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260253.0

Some other useful links:

Questions for your first consultation

Information about supplements and diet

What can improve egg quality and quantity

2WW - Ladies in Waiting

Links For Info on OHSS

Negative Cycle - follow up questions

Pregnancy Boards

Post Your HCG Levels here

Waiting For Early pregnancy scans

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Chux x

See less See more
#128 ·
Aussie what progesterone are you taking pessaries and an injectable on just pessaries. If it were me I would up my injectables consistently. As sporty always says you wee out what you don't need. But do remember to keep taking at consistent times and don't suddenly reduce again. I'm still taking 2x400mg of cyclogest and 50mg (2shots worth) of Lubion previously 150mg of Gestone until I swapped brands.

I hope time.passes quickly for you today hun and you get over on that boat for peace of mind xx 

#129 ·
Jellie - sending nice follie growth your way!  ^pray^

Teapot - hope your scan went well and you are enjoying the beautiful city of prague

Theodora - didn't know progesterone could do that and yes have been having problems with that last few days lol - tmi I know

Magic - I am on 4x 200mg pessaries daily. Did think of sporty and the extra progesterone so put a extra one up last night for good measure  :) oh and 3x progynova.

Well dr did bloods today. Get hcg levels back tomorrow as seeing him again to sort meds and also get blood clotting test result back.
Magic noted you are on baby aspirin is that what that is for if you don't mind me asking? Theo, fee, sporty what's this blood clotting test business about?
Dr did rattle on quite clearly why and what and risk of m/c etc but at that point I was numb in shock as the transvaginal u/s showed twins! All looking good for dates so far. Dr said often get minor bleeds or spotting with multiples and he is not worried so has eased my stress -  for now

Lady - how are u doing lovely  ^hugme^

Fee - any news ? X

Sporty - hope your doing well x

Tracey - well you were the first to know other than dh re twins  ;D just mentioned if you came his way to take as good a care of you as he did me and before I knew it he was on the phone

Well it's an end to a big day. Anxious to get my betas tomorrow but feeling a lot more chilled minus the twins shock  :)

Hugs to all x

#130 ·
Aussiebub, wow, cautious congrats with TWINS  ^pompom^ ^pompom^!!! Keeping everything crossed for blood results tomorrow  ^pray^ x

I had my scan and on the one hand was very pleased about few more follies appearing but on the other hand panicked when the Dr said that 2 of follies are now over 20mm in size and there is a risk of them popping before EC  :'(. EC scheduled for Friday; dont know if there are any eggs there by that time :(. Nothing is straightforward... sorry for moaning.

#131 ·
Hi Everyone

omg Aussi - that is definitely why you are having spotting!  I don't think I know any twin pregnancies without bleeding. 

fantastic news

Teapot - are you on cetrotide to prevent ovulation?  they can grow follies up to about 30mm I think..

Fee
xx

#132 ·
Aussie I actually went Squeeeee really loudly at your twins news!  Bloody marvellous!  Can't wait to hear your betas!

Teapot -  are you triggering tonight then?  I'm sure you'll be fine.  Follies can grow quite a bit more than 20mm I'm sure.

My follies are now both 15mm and lining is at 6.8 so a good improvement from Monday.  I've to go again tomorrow to set date for ec should be sat/sun it Monday!  Eeeeek!  Funnily they've given me another trigger shot!  I only ever heard of it on here yesterday an now I'm doing it too!  I wonder if it's a new thing?  Right I'll be back with news tomorrow!  ;D. Feeling optimistic now for the first time!

#133 ·
Aussie - twins hey?  Well there's certainly a trend for twins on this forum these days! And yes, that's the spotting explained. You've had double implantation.

Re:  the progesterone. Are you on ultragestan?  That's known to irritate the cervix and cause bleeding.

#134 ·
Aussie .....twins!!!! Wow.  Hope the Bloods come back ok tomorrow and your spotting stops. When do you fly home?

X

#135 ·
Well Aussie, I have been waiting for you to post your news here :) Itchy computer fingers have been wanting to blab ;D I was amused and touched by Dr K today. I think I like him : ::)Thanks for putting in a word for me. Hope you didn't mind him interupting your appt to call me :) And big congrats again!

Fee - How are you doing? Any follow up betas for SG?

Jellie - keep growing follies!

Teapot  - good luck on EC. Wrote more on follie size on other thread.

Magic - Hope you are feeling OK.

Sporty - How's that disertation?

Jenn  - Safe trip to Prague.

Waves to everyone.

#136 ·
Hi. I'm new to this board. I have been reading peoples stories and I can really emphasize with their journeys!
Myself and my DH have had a few failed IVF cycles and felt it was probably due to my age (43yrs), so decided to go to Gennet in Prague for a donor egg cycle. We had two good blastocysts transferred,were thrilled with a BFP, had a very good HCG of 600 (13DP5DT), followed two days later by HCG of 1500 which made us hope it was twins.
I  had a scan at 6 weeks. We saw an empty sac and the scan was repeated the following week and there was nothing in the sac much to our dismay. I miscarried at week 8. We were both utterly heartbroken and have began to lose hope that we will ever have a family. I suppose we had thought that getting a young egg from a donor would have given us a much higher chance.
A few days prior to travelling to Prague, my acupuncturist gave me the book 'Is your body baby friendly' by Dr Alan Beers. He spoke about immune issues that can cause miscarriage. I knew I had Factor V Leiden (blood clotting disorder) and a gluten intolerance, a positive ANA and high natural killer cells. I commenced intralipid therapy, clexane and prednisolone.
When I returned from Prague I was very concerned, so I had a phone consultation with Dr Gorgy in the UK.
I found him great. Straight away he had a plan. He increased my Clexane, prednisolone and commenced me on aspirin and IVIG infusions. I felt we had done everything we could to protect our little blastocysts but unfortunately it wasn't to be.
I'm afraid to go through all this heartbreak again for nothing. I suppose I'm just wondering if anyone went back a second time for donor egg and got success. I would definitely go to Gennet again as I found them so lovely to deal with.

#137 ·
Hi Betsy. I did a first double donor frozen embryo cycle at Gennet, but had a chemical. I then increased prednisone for my high ANA, & added Neupogen, & was succesful for my second DD FET (which was a single embryo transfer, & we had our little boy at 41 weeks). I couldn't get Neupogen where I live so saw Dr Gorgy, which was pretty complicated for me as quite far from our place in western France but was worth it in the end, I am sure it was the Neupogen which helped & my own increasing of prednisone & progesterone etc. I am very sorry to hear about your experience, it is heartbreaking to miscarry. Did you retest anything at the time of the positive beta or at/after the miscarriage?

Yay Aussie!!!

Go Jellie!

Teapot, don't worry too much, they know what they are doing... You are close enough to Friday that they shouldn't get too large to be good.

#138 ·
Hi Theodora. Thanks for your quick reply :).
That's great to hear about your success on your 2nd cycle!
Dr Gorgy asked for a repeat HCG and a progesterone level. My Progesterone level was 17 so he commenced me on IM progesterone 100mgs daily. Would you recommend any other tests? I will also look into Neupogen, thanks so much for that information.
Congrats to all those of you with good news at the moment xx

#139 ·
Definitely you should be on high doses of progesterone if yours was so low, that can cause a miscarriage (or if later on, be a sign that your body has miscarried as it has gone lower than it should be). In my case, I develop antinuclear antibodies when I take progesterone, so it was super complicated. If you have time & money to spend, you could do a mock cycle where you do estrogen & then progesterone as if you were going to do a transfer, then test on the transfer day & say 5 days later to see what the progesterone levels are on whatever treatment you've been suggested to take to know if it is correct for you. Of course you could also do that on a "live" cycle, but just be sure to have extra progesterone if you need more!

(Obviously I need to go to bed now, am rambling)

#140 ·
Fee, yes i was on Cetrotide but Dr B. today said not to use it tonight and only use the trigger, which I did.
Jellibabe, Tracy, Theodora, thank you for the words of wisdom re follicles size xx
Jelliebabe, good growth from your follies and endo, keeping FX for mature eggs and 100% fertilisation x
Betsy1, welcome, I haven't had DE cycles yet so would not know what to advise but I'm sure there are girls here who will help :)

#141 ·
Just back from a night down in London to read your news Aussie - fantastic news :) you see we were meant to be twin cycle buddies (at least I hope our scan still shows double trouble on Friday)

Jellie /teapot good news on the follies :)

Welcome Betsy you'll get plenty of support here :)

#142 ·
Betsy - welcome. I have had a miscarriage, am so sorry for your loss. It really hurts and I am sending you  ^hugme^ I had a first unsuccessful de cycle and this second one has been a success (early days/so far).

Traceyev :) not at all re call. He gets so passionate and funny and really cares. It's just the way he is. You will get the double cheek kissing the lot but at the end of the day he is thorough and wants what we want, if he wouldn't have been so proactive in ordering back up sperm I would be sitting here with nothing to show but airfare and accomodation costs as the sperm we ordered from cyros had 0% fertilisation. With the remaining eggs and backup sperm he got 100% fertilisation thankfully.

Sporty- yes it is ultragestan. Been ok with it till now

Thanks lovely Fee and Theodora

Jellie - you made me laugh  :) now I have just given your follies a stern order to keep growing the way they are

Ah magic was waiting for your post lol x

Cheesy thanks for popping on for reassurance

Thankyou lovely Paula - hope your journey is making progress x

Well today is B (eta) day!

#143 ·
Welcome to the forum Betsy. DE can absolutely fail the first time around (no clinic is 100%), but it doesn't mean that it won't work another time. I've had 4 miscarriages, 3 were regular and OE and then 1 which was a silent miscarriage from DE within this pregnancy (started as twins, now a singleton). It's also taken me 3 DE cycles to achieve success, so don't give up. It can work for you even with failure in the past.

Like Theo I did have a change in protocol between failed and successful cycles though. My first 2 DE cycles were at a different clinic too and I don't think their protocols suited me. They were very heavily medicated and following tests at St Mary's Recurrent miscarriage clinic Mr Rai had me wind back all the meds to as natural as possible, but did include 150mg of aspirin from week 4.5 (until week 34) to combat my elevated levels of TEG. And you know what, this time it worked.

I haven't used Dr Gorgy, but I hear good success stories with him, so you're likely on the right road with him and Gennet. Best of luck with it.

Traceyev - dissertation is getting there. Thanks for asking. I've nearly finished the first draft. I've stopped with the analysis and discussion bit to focus on getting a draft done. My plan is then to enhance this over the weekend. I figured no point having beautiful early sections and running out of time to finish. At the very least this way, I'll have something to hand in.

#144 ·
Betsy to back up what Sporty has said. I was on intralipids, Clexane daily, aspirin daily and progesterone - injectable and pessaries. We re tested my NK killer cells and found I was so boarderline they probably didn't warrant treating so GENNET took me on and stripped back my meds. No intralipids, clexane and aspirin on alternate days and still injectable progeageone as well as pessaries. I'm10 weeks pregnant with twins and this is my first ever bfp post two days. We did use de for the first time and eqaullt I do thibk this has made the biggest difference too. I would def. Feel another round at GENNET would be warranted for you :)

#145 ·
Hey everyone

ADVICE NEEDED - as usual  ;D  I have been offered EC without sedation.  I am in two minds.  I only have two follies to drain but I have had a hysteroscopy with biopsy before and that was bloody awful.  But on the other hand it would be short (10-15 minutes) and I would be able to go nearly straight away.  On the other hand do I really want to be AWAKE during THAT!  On the other hand it is £250 to have it....  Im leaning towards having it if thats any use to anyone.  or not...  ^idiot^  ::)

Has anyone else done this? or been offered this?

Thanks Peeps

#146 ·
Jellie - I only know one person that "accidently" [sedation wasn't enough] woke up during an EC. She said it was the worst pain of her life. She also only had a couple of follicles to drain, but as she was low on eggs they were really scraping hard to get them out (her words, not mine). I don't think you need a GA, but sedation I would definitely have (and always have). After sedation you're usually out the door pretty quickly. Wake up, quick cup of sugary tea and leave.

#147 ·
hi jellie

i had 3 EC's without sedation or anything. it was the worst pain in my whole life :'(. the clinic in switzerland would not give me anything as i had only 2-3 follicles they said it is too expensive as we need an extra person to watch you blablabla. the third time i fainted and was unconscious for like 5 minutes. when i woke up i felt so bad i swore myself i will never do it again. I hate the doctors there and when i think about it I still get very angry  ^bigbad^. and after all the pain all 3 times they couldn't find an egg in my follicles.

so my advice is definitely go for a sedation!

good luck!
misty

#148 ·
Jelliebabe, I personally have never had EC without sedation but my pain threshold is very low esp. in  under the carriage bits ;D so I would defo ask for sedation. My friend had it in Aberdeen with gas and air and oral sedatives and she said it was still awful :(

#149 ·
Aussie, Wow congratulations! Twins eh? You must be so so excited! Well done. xx

Jellie, I have a pretty good pain threshold, but would personally never consider EC without sedation. Obviously the more relaxed you are ie,with sedation, the easier and more comfortable it will be, in an already stressfull situation.

Traceyev, Embryoland sounds really good, especially with Aussie's good news. Good luck to you  ^hugme^

Ax

#150 ·
Teapot, Magic, Theodora, Aussie and Sporty, thank you for making me feel so welcome.

Theodora, thanks for your advice, hope you slept well :). I was spotting every day until I took the Progesterone injection which stopped the bleeding so I will definitely take it again.

Aussie, thanks for the hugs. Fantastic news on the twins. Best of luck on your beta ^hugme^.

Sporty, Thanks for your words of encouragement. You've had a very hard journey but fair play to you for perservering! Its so lovely to hear you have a healthy mini sporty on the way :).

Magic, Thanks also for the encouragement. Congrats on being 10 weeks pregnant with twins. Thats fantastic news!

Jelliebabe, I had an egg collection where I wasn't given proper sedation (not by choice :'( :'( :'() and I found it extremely painful and not a good experience. I would definitely say TAKE THE SEDATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sporty is right. Its not general anaesthetic but a sedative, so safe to use. All the best with your egg collection. ^hugme^

#151 ·
Aussie - huge congrats to you  ^daisy^ That's great news.

Tracey - hiya - hope you're doing great.

Jellie - goodness girl, I hope you're convinced to go with sedation...I don't know anything about it, but from what these gals say, I'd definitely be asking for it  :eek:

Teapot - hope you're doing okay and having a chance to enjoy this nice weather in Prague :)

Sporty - still thinking of you and the dissertation. Hope you get a great result.

Betsy - welcome. This is my first time at DE or any kind of assisted anything but looks like the ladies here have given some great advice/shared their experiences. Gennet do seem to get good results.

Fee - hope you and SG are still doing great.

Theo - last but not least - hope you and the LO are doing well.

Everyone else...hello :)

AFM, I am a happy bunny. I am on holiday - HOORAY! and am in Prague. We flew in this morning and it is a lovely sunny day. Our flat is amazing - beautiful, very clean, all amenities (the owner has thought of everything), quite a few English speaking cable TV channels and movie channels and a big Tesco 5 mins walk away. Looking out from our balcony, can see the beautiful lights of Prague...just happy :)

Tomorrow hubby does his bit and I get a scratch or what they are calling an irritation of the lining. My scan on Tuesday has my lining at 10.6 which I understand to be good.

As we'll be buying more meds - I just wonder, is there any alternative to the pessaries up the Vajayjay for the progesterone? And please don't say a shot...b/c I guess I'd prefer the pessaries over that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.