Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*~*~* REPROFIT - Cycle Buddies 2 *~*~*

129K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  bundles 
#1 ·
New home everyone :)
I'm your new moderator on the Czech Republic board & looking forward to following your journeys. I have one DD from DEIVF in Spain & have just been successful with a FET at the same clinic from a second cycle.
If there is anything I can help you with in my new role, just ask.

Before you set off, just a reminder of a few rules & info :)

The purpose of this thread is to support those who are currently having similar treatment at Reprofit, in the lead up to your treatment and the immediate aftermath. As such we ask that for those undergoing treatment, discussions in this thread remain on topic and supportive for them.

This thread is open ended and it's anticipated that members will use it for support and then move on to other areas as and when required. If you have finished your treatment cycle, you are more than welcome to continue to support those coming along after but please bear this in mind.

For general chit chat and general support outside a cycle, please use this thread: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267859.0

For general pregnancy & parenting support in this area: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=261043.1340

If you'd like to be added to the Czech Hall of Fame, please PM me and I'll add your details: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267052.0

Please bear in mind Site Guidelines: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260253.0

Thanks, everyone and happy chatting

Bundles
xx

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, let's continue. If we are off the topic, please let us know.

Bigapple,

Your friend should have histeroscopy with biopsy and perhaps laparoscopy, too. The other reason for implantation failure could be the quality of embryo (?)

Linda,

I am sorry to hear that you have difficult and stressful pregnancy. You never know so early what is happening inside. The doctors are just guessing and not giving real answers because they don't have them. I can tell my experience. I was pregnant with twins and I was bleeding with some unusual cramps. One embryo was smaller with a big yolk sack. It was the sign that it wasn't good. I thought that everything will be ok when it stops to develop and that the other will have a better chance alone. What I expected, happened. Bleeding stopped, but not the cramping.To my surprise, after couple of weeks the dominant embryo was big enough for nuhal translucency scan which showed multiple malformations. I never heard of such situation in case of egg donation. Usually it's BFN or early MC. My doctor explained that he also didn't have the chance to see it because such embryos don't develop for a long time. We realised that the cause can only be the sperm. Our embryos were beautiful expanded blastocysts (we have the pictures from embryoscope). I only regret the doctors couldn't tell me the truth 10 years ago. We lost so much time trying.

Early in pregnancy we can only wait. In most cases one embryo survives and bleeding is not unusual with twins. Normally, twin pregnancy means a double chance for success. Hope and pray that nobody will be in my situation. Nobody.

Ana

#3 ·
Thanks Linda for explain it,yes,my friend has done hysto,really she doesn't know what to do anymore...
I've read on ** about your bleeding,will follow you,fingers Always crossed,you're such a strong woman.

Ana,she doesn't know what to do right now,all transferred blasts were HB on 6 day,so good ones,she is doing DE,her husband is ok(he has a son from previous wedding)she did all exams,hysto,biopsy,etc. Now clinic says to her to try a DD but she doesn't believe in ivf anymore,and money are over....I hope she'll decide for her best.
Very sad history Ana,I  m very sad and sorry for you.

#4 ·
Hello Ladies,

New home!!

I've managed to make it through the last two days and found a 1/2 truth to tell my boss as to why I'm not working on Thursday at the last minute. On Monday I explained that I had to have a pelvic scan at the hospital, and that an alternative date was unavailable as I had be scheduled in for repeat scan due to inconclusive on earlier the week before.

I though this was a safe excuse, as if I'm pg I haven't told a complete lie and if I'm not, I can explain the truth at a push, and most likely be forgiven. My boss is really nice, but I don't want to complicate things as Ive only been working for her a year even though I've been with the organization for 2.

Sorted my return bus from Brno- Prauge so completely done. Had super busy day, but now almost packed. I'll get a couple of bits and pieces from the dryer, and all good for 6:00am tomorrow. It will be such a long day but If I can update you re: my travels I will.

I'm staying at the Europa with free wifi so should be able to log on tomorrow night all being well. FET scheduled for 3:00pm on Thursday.

Linda - so hope the bleeding settles and everything is OK. it is so difficult waiting it out knowing that there is so little that can be done. I had a great deal of bleeding, so much so that the chance of m/c was 40-60% I had scans every two weeks which I dreaded. Each time I meekly asked if I would m/c he would reply that he really didn't know. The only thing that kept me going was how ill I felt with symptoms. I only settled into believing it had worked after 16 weeks and loads of scans latter. I can imagine what nightmare is waiting, but really hoping it all comes good as so many pgs continue after bleeding against the odds.

Thinking of you and really hoping for the best. x x

bigapple - your friend sounds like she has been through the mill trying tx that don't seem to work a the point of implantation. I know clinics tend to suggest DD as the very last resort, when everything else seems to be working. I sometimes wonder at this, as I know an ff who fell pg straight away with a new partner, after much treatment. Sometime couples had successful pg's with other partners, but for reasons that can't be explained (presently) they struggle because of the particular genetic combination.

I have also heard of cases of older women who produce what look like very good eggs and embryo's going to blast that simply won't implant. The cause is immediately thought to be the woman's age and her eggs, and only after moving to DE does it become clear that actually there is a problem from the male side. It a bit like m/c being thought of as being a woman's problem before discovering that m/c can actually be cause by the male genetic contribution just as often.

Without concrete explanations and left to speculation, its easy to see how she could loose faith/trust in the process. Lots of hugs, at is difficult to comfort someone in a place of not knowing, especially when the experts can't even figure it out. Also moving to DD can be a big leap of faith, so it doesn't really help that she has suggestions without an answers as to what is actually going on.

Anna - wishing you the very best with next round of tx, ^hugme^

LOL Daisy

^daisy^

#5 ·
Bigapple,

No need to be sorry. I am ok now. Daisy explained perfectly what I wanted to say. So many things we still don't know and the male factor shouldn't be neglected. The problem is that the doctors are used to "accuse" women for failure and it's usually the case, but every rule has an exception and they should be much more careful in their statements.

Daisy,

Wish you LOTS of success on your trip!:)

Ana

#7 ·
Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing?...

I have just had my 4th failed cycle (well this cycle was cancelled).  I have low AMH/high FSH and am looking at alternate clinics that might be able to help.  We know from past experience that I do produce good quality eggs when stimmed albeit a small number but my last clinic wanted to try natural mini ivf with Clomid which was a disaster.  After being told my follicles weren't growing last Tuesday I flew home to find a positive OPK on the test stick on Friday  ^idiot^

Anyway, I have been with the Lister in the past and was considering returning but came across some information regarding reprofit.  Can you ladies share you experience with them.  How have you found them. Do you know if they take on difficult cases?

Any info would be much appreciated.  Good luck with you journey ladies x ^hugme^

#8 ·
Hi,

Bumpety - sorry to hear about the trouble you've had so far.  I've only been to Reprofit for embryo donation, so I can't speak to how they deal with "difficult cases" with ivf.  There is the option to have an initial consultation over skype, which you might want to take advantage of and then you can go into the details of your treatment so far.

I am hoping to do a frozen transfer in November, and have started the ball rolling, but I am waiting to hear back from the pharmacy about ordering my medication.  I would really like to start with the pill and my thyroid meds as soon as possible.
Anybody have them take longer than a day to reply?

Should I write Eva tomorrow to ask again?
best
clara

#9 ·
Thanks for replying CraftyClara, that's an excellent idea. I'll message them about a Skype consultation.

We are really looking for some guidance on whether to try another stimm cycle or natural.

Do you have to go over for an initial visit before transfer?  I really hope everything goes well for you in November.  How many are you having transferred?

x ^hugme^ 

#10 ·
Hi Bumpety,

Welcome. I'm using FET so can't advise other than to say the clinic in my opinion so far has been very good and that I trust them.  Had success with them 1st time round.  They deal with complex cases and will give you guidance as to what they feel are your options.  From what I've heard they don't push couples towards donor conception unless absolute necessary.  So will give you their honest opinion.

Good Luck.

I'm knackered after my epic journey it was excellent, everything on time. I'm  just super tired so going to crash now.

LOL xOc
^daisy^

#11 ·
Thank you so much Daisy.  It's very kind of you to reply.

I've emailed tonight to request a consultation so hopefully they can give us a second opinion which is very much needed.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your FET x

#12 ·
Thanks Ladies,

I need all the luck I can get. I've got faith this one could be it!  Sooo hoping so. I was really tired yesterday and I've overslept and missed breakfast.  I forgot about the time change so it was after 10:00 when I woke up.  ::)

Its a beautiful day here very sunny and looks warm out there. My transfer's not till 3:00pm so I'm feeling a bit wobbly as I have to try and fill the time before I go to Reprofit.  I feel so nervous and shaky I just want to curl up in bed!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Wish hubby could have come with me and missing my little one :-\

Anyways onwards and upwards, gonna stop moaning now and do some meditation and rebalance ^afro^.  Will post again after transfer.

Have good day everyone!  :)

LOL Daisy xOx

^daisy^

#13 ·
Hi all,

Linda -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  sorry to hear about your bleeding hun but as I am sure you know it doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to happen - I've had bleeding in the early weeks both during my pregnancy with DS and also my current pregnancy.  Will keep all crossed this time it will work for you  ^pray^

Bigapple - I am so sorry but I cannot remember the names of the homeopathic meds I was prescribed. That's not good news about the pill - have you considered contacting Eva to see if Reprofit can prescribe you a stronger version and get it posted from their pharmacy?  Sorry to read about your friend too, but I would say if her gut instinct is not to proceed with double donation (especially as her partner has a child from a previous relationship) it might be worth her getting consultations with other clinics on what to do.

Bumpety - I have been having treatment at Reprofit for a few years now and find them a great clinic - hopefully they will be able to help you, and yes they have had success with lots of difficult cases (I include myself in that!!!) so definitely worth a consult with them about your history.

Ana - sorry to read about your experience  ^hugme^

Daisy - hope ET went well today for you  ^reiki^

Hello to everyone else,

Love Rachel xxxx

#14 ·
Daisy I hope all went well  ;)
Rachel how are you?
My reprofit coord and gyn they think if cyst will not go away after this bcp cycle I must aspirate it(or aspire??? ^idiot^ sorry for my english ;D
They don't agree at all with the idea of doing 2 or more months on bcp,they prefere I would aspirate it....while my gyn here in italy  thinks totally on the opposite side,according to her I need to absorb it with bcp and Not aspirate it.
Really I don't know what to do right now....in 10 days I'll have a scan and see if cyst is still present  :'(

Regards to all of you.

#15 ·
Hello Ladies,

bigapple - It sounds as if Reprofit and your gyne have very different opinions, are you able to see anyone else in Italy for a second opinion, it sounds like you just want to get started, but are having to wait to resolve this. Hope your scan goes well and that cyst has reduced if not gone away. xx

My transfer - Well the news when I went for transfer was very good, the first thing Stephan did was sit me down and ask me if I wanted twins. Of course I was stunned by this, and didn't quite know what to say except yes it would be nice. At the same time my mind was racing as to all the complications ect of multiple births.

He asked me if I had a big family, or people that would help, and what about my daughter! I was so stunned that this was the start of our discussion before transfer that I really couldn't say much. In my head I was hoping the tx might work at all, and thinking I hope something works, never mind twins, so to start off the conversation with talk of twins took me by surprise. He then asked me my last scan results and I couldn't answer as my mind went totally blank. I just stared at him like I was ^idiot^, anyways.

He explained that they were both very good grade one embryos, and that one was hatching blastocyst and the other was a fully hatched blastocyst. He then paused to look at my records again, and there was a silence. He then asked me how my husband would feel if we had twins, and since my husband and I had discussed it and had agreed we would take the risk I said he was fine with this. In reality hubby and I did discuss it but more in a wishfull thinking kind of way.

I was really happy with the quality of the embryos but a bit overwhelmed. I conceived my daughter out of a grade II hatching blastocyst. When I asked if it was really likely that both would take, he said yes highly likely.

In the end I said yes that it was still OK to put both back. The transfer was fine, did hurt a bit though as I had trouble relaxing. He showed me both embryos and they did look different. I asked if it was Ok that they were at different stages and he explained that one was only half an hour ahead than the other.

He said "look at your babies" when he explained the different parts of the fully hatched blastocyst, it all went totally over my head as I was just in a daze. Very emotional daze. The nurse was lovely, very helpful and sweet. As I was by myself and was quite nervous.

Its been four years since my last cycle, but the waiting room looks exactly the same, however the material I got given was a nice glossy explanation and information pack. Last time it was just a simple print out. I also got a Reprofit branded pregnancy test which I thought was a nice touch.

Stephan's parting words were, you will test positive on the 2nd of October, which was then change to the 30th of September. He said that the embryos would be implanted by the time I returned to the UK tomorrow. I Skyped my husband who is delighted by the news. I came back to Europa relaxed a bit and then went for a pizza at a little restaurant beside the hotel.

I feel totally overwhelmed to be honest, with the traveling and the transfer. I'm PUPO now :) and praying my lovely beans stick ^reiki^ ^reiki^. I stopped at two the churches on my way back thanking God for my lovely embryos and praying for the strength to cope no matter what the outcome is.

If anyone one wants info regarding traveling either from the airport or to the clinic or using the Europa hotel let me know. So far everything has worked out well.

Let the tww begin!

LOL Daisy
^daisy^

#16 ·
Daisy38 said:
Hello Ladies,

bigapple - It sounds as if Reprofit and your gyne have very different opinions, are you able to see anyone else in Italy for a second opinion, it sounds like you just want to get started, but are having to wait to resolve this. Hope your scan goes well and that cyst has reduced if not gone away. xx

My transfer - Well the news when I went for transfer was very good, the first thing Stephan did was sit me down and ask me if I wanted twins. Of course I was stunned by this, and didn't quite know what to say except yes it would be nice. At the same time my mind was racing as to all the complications ect of multiple births.

He asked me if I had a big family, or people that would help, and what about my daughter! I was so stunned that this was the start of our discussion before transfer that I really couldn't say much. In my head I was hoping the tx might work at all, and thinking I hope something works, never mind twins, so to start off the conversation with talk of twins took me by surprise. He then asked me my last scan results and I couldn't answer as my mind went totally blank. I just stared at him like I was ^idiot^, anyways.

He explained that they were both very good grade one embryos, and that one was hatching blastocyst and the other was a fully hatched blastocyst. He then paused to look at my records again, and there was a silence. He then asked me how my husband would feel if we had twins, and since my husband and I had discussed it and had agreed we would take the risk I said he was fine with this. In reality hubby and I did discuss it but more in a wishfull thinking kind of way.

I was really happy with the quality of the embryos but a bit overwhelmed. I conceived my daughter out of a grade II hatching blastocyst. When I asked if it was really likely that both would take, he said yes highly likely.

In the end I said yes that it was still OK to put both back. The transfer was fine, did hurt a bit though as I had trouble relaxing. He showed me both embryos and they did look different. I asked if it was Ok that they were at different stages and he explained that one was only half an hour ahead than the other.

He said "look at your babies" when he explained the different parts of the fully hatched blastocyst, it all went totally over my head as I was just in a daze. Very emotional daze. The nurse was lovely, very helpful and sweet. As I was by myself and was quite nervous.

Its been four years since my last cycle, but the waiting room looks exactly the same, however the material I got given was a nice glossy explanation and information pack. Last time it was just a simple print out. I also got a Reprofit branded pregnancy test which I thought was a nice touch.

Stephan's parting words were, you will test positive on the 2nd of October, which was then change to the 30th of September. He said that the embryos would be implanted by the time I returned to the UK tomorrow. I Skyped my husband who is delighted by the news. I came back to Europa relaxed a bit and then went for a pizza at a little restaurant beside the hotel.

I feel totally overwhelmed to be honest, with the traveling and the transfer. I'm PUPO now :) and praying my lovely beans stick ^reiki^ ^reiki^. I stopped at two the churches on my way back thanking God for my lovely embryos and praying for the strength to cope no matter what the outcome is.

If anyone one wants info regarding traveling either from the airport or to the clinic or using the Europa hotel let me know. So far everything has worked out well.

Let the tww begin!

LOL Daisy
^daisy^
Oh Daisy, what a lovely post :)

Sounds like you had a very emotional day today. So lovely to come away feeling so positive though. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you during your 2ww.

Good luck and hope you have a good flight home x ^hugme^

#18 ·
Daisy how are you?
yes,i'll have a scan with another gyn and let's see how it goes....proud woman to transfer 2 instead of one like suggested!!  :)

did you find any troubles travelling alone? I mean not connected to personal safety(i know it's a safe city,I went in april but my partner was with me and we were with our car)but connected to move from/to the clinic by public transport,etc.

#19 ·
Oh Daisy,
That was lovely. I must confess I haven't met Dr Stephan but have heard lots about him... All good I might add!!

I think ours are G2 EB, so I'd be happy with just one! Can't imagine having twins...again... 😳 think my husband would have a coronary...

Linda,
Try not to worry about the bleeding too much. It's well documented twin pregnancies bleed. I did.... Clots and everything! At 6 weeks I had a huge bleed and was convinced I was going to lose them... But they hung in there. Everything is so vascular it's easy to bleed.

Hi to everyone.
Love J xx

#20 ·
Hi ladies,

I'm so excited by the good luck so many of you have had recently! I'm getting nervous now that it's finally time to start getting ready for my transfer on October 10th!

I just switched to a new local RE after my old one was dragging his feet writing my estrogen prescription and was clearly uncomfortable administering intralipids (and were going to way overcharge me for the infusion). The new RE is great and actually pioneered the use of intralipids! I'm feeling very melancholy that I didn't find him a year ago before my son was stillborn as he could have been saved so easily if we had only known I need intralipids... :-( Oh well, I can't go back and change things much as I wish I could. I'm glad I will be on an airplane to Brno on his angelversary at least.

So today is day 1 of my period. Do I start estrogen today or should I start tomorrow as that's what my treatment plan says? Also has anyone used Crinone for their progesterone? I have quite a few boxes leftover from previous cycles...

-Sarah

#21 ·
Hi Sarah,
I started my AF on Monday and started the estrogen on the same day as per protocol. I don't think one day will make much difference tbh. But I suppose it will give you a head start getting into your bloodstream.

Just going to miss you! I'm going out on the 3rd! ET hopefully 4th.
It's quite stressful waiting for the scan to check the lining!!

Best wishes Julie x

#22 ·
Just a quick update, both embies are still there, had a scan on Wednesday, got a heart beat in one and smaller one doubled in size, bleeding might of been from going to the loo and a sensitive cervix. Got another scan Monday hopefully number 2 has got everything in it that's supposed to be.

LInda

#23 ·
Oh Daisy what a lovely lovely post!!  I'm delighted for you!

My transfer was yesterday and we flew back home today.  Very much praying my little bean sticks!

Linda will keep my fingers and toes crossed for your embies!

Bumpety my experience at Reprofit has been great!  I agree they don't push you down the donor route unless absolutely necessary.  I asked about donor eggs before my transfer as we only had one embryo and our doctor said she was very optimistic that we could achieve our family using my eggs, so we'll see!

Lara xo

#24 ·
Hi girls, sorry I haven't been part of the thread much. I've just got back from centre parcs, my little girl had such a lovely time.
Seeing all the families and little babies has made me want to get pregnant even more though  ^idiot^

Linda, so pleased your babies are doing so well. Hang in there.

Daisy, I loved your post. I remember that last time I was there him saying to me as I was leaving 'I will definitely get you pregnant'. I still laugh about it now.

Hi everyone else hope you're all well. My transfer seems so far away from everyone else's.

Jess
Xxx

#25 ·
Book marking!!

#26 ·
LaraLoo said:
Oh Daisy what a lovely lovely post!! I'm delighted for you!

My transfer was yesterday and we flew back home today. Very much praying my little bean sticks!

Linda will keep my fingers and toes crossed for your embies!

Bumpety my experience at Reprofit has been great! I agree they don't push you down the donor route unless absolutely necessary. I asked about donor eggs before my transfer as we only had one embryo and our doctor said she was very optimistic that we could achieve our family using my eggs, so we'll see!

Lara xo
Thanks for the insight Lara. It really helps as I've just had the DE speech again a week or so ago and DH doesn't want to give up on OE just yet. They were very quick coming back about a consultation so I hope they will be open to me trying another stim cycle.

Ladies, is there accommodation near the clinic? I've cycled abroad before at Serum in Athens and they have apartments and there are lots of hotels close by do Reprofit have anything similar?

Thanks again, oh an congratulation Loobylou, great news on your precious beans x ^hugme^

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.