Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*~*~* REPROFIT - Cycle Buddies 2 *~*~*

129K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  bundles 
#1 ·
New home everyone :)
I'm your new moderator on the Czech Republic board & looking forward to following your journeys. I have one DD from DEIVF in Spain & have just been successful with a FET at the same clinic from a second cycle.
If there is anything I can help you with in my new role, just ask.

Before you set off, just a reminder of a few rules & info :)

The purpose of this thread is to support those who are currently having similar treatment at Reprofit, in the lead up to your treatment and the immediate aftermath. As such we ask that for those undergoing treatment, discussions in this thread remain on topic and supportive for them.

This thread is open ended and it's anticipated that members will use it for support and then move on to other areas as and when required. If you have finished your treatment cycle, you are more than welcome to continue to support those coming along after but please bear this in mind.

For general chit chat and general support outside a cycle, please use this thread: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267859.0

For general pregnancy & parenting support in this area: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=261043.1340

If you'd like to be added to the Czech Hall of Fame, please PM me and I'll add your details: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=267052.0

Please bear in mind Site Guidelines: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260253.0

Thanks, everyone and happy chatting

Bundles
xx

See less See more
#452 ·
Oh Jess
I'm so sorry to hear your news. Big hugs.
I'm sure your levels have dropped because you've lost one twin. Can your GP/EPU not scan you again or do repeating betas for you to offer you some reassurance? Must be so worrying.
If your bleeding has stopped there is every reason to think the other baby is ok. Did they look for HB or is it too early? Try and rest a bit.

Love Julie xx

#453 ·
Jess - Im so sorry to hear your news. I think the drop in levels will be because you have lost the one, its a good sign that the bleeding has stopped. I think I would go for another scan, It will put your mind at rest. Try the EPU, im sure they will get you seen xx

Babybird - Good luck tomorrow - will you know tomorrow how many eggs you have? Good luck with the Gestone too, im glad Ive escaped that so far x

Fairycake - Are you able to get copies of the results of the tests you did before your last treatment? If so you could give them to Reporofit to save the time and effort or arranging to re-do them. Its so easy to self refer yourself on their website we did it without the help of an agency such as yourivf etc, I can see the benefit of using them though if you would like extra support or advice. Good luck with whatever you decide but I haven't found any faults with Reprofit as yet x

Hope - I hope you AF shows soon. I have an under active thyroid too, all under control with a few drugs tho  :)

#454 ·
Hoochie - Good luck tomorrow xx

#455 ·
Thanks toffee pop I've just got to my hotel in Brno - long journey so hoping I sleep

Sorry to hear your news Jess fingers crossed for you and baby xx

Hope I'm with you I queue jumped and have liked the handholding as I did my first round with invicta in Poland but they couldn't match me until next year for de and I couldn't face waiting. Although I did fall in love with gdansk
Goodluck with exams baby bird and ec on Sunday

Xx

#456 ·
Thanks for your replies ladies, it's such a comfort to be able to talk to people that understand. And without feeling bad about bringing the conversation down.
Atm I'm just a mad woman taking pregnancy tests in the middle of the night lol, the test has now gone up to 3+ my heart is in my mouth. I have no idea what this means? Is there still a baby in there? I hate having this hope.

Hoochie is good luck for tomo, keep calm and stay positive.

Babybird it must be so nice to have a grandchild. My best friend is 21 weeks pregnant atm and I'm so excited. It's the first time I've been excited about someone being pregnant without being sad. Can't wait to get my baby fix when she's born  ;D good luck for egg collection, keep us posted.

Daisy, I'm so pleased for u having twins. U must take it easy!

Fairycake you have definitely made the right choice. I can't rate reprofit enough, even if this pregnancy doesn't work out and I never get pregnant again. I will be forever in the debt for giving me my beautiful dd

Hope, hopefully af will show soon

Love jess
Xxx

#457 ·
Hi babybird
Just a quick note to say I hope everything goes well for you at the end of this week and next week. I'm keeping everything crossed x
We had upsetting news the other day, Reprofit won't do the mesa/test on my hubby because of his complex health needs. So that was really upset and to top it off now I have to reduce my bmi!! So it's just been another kick in the teeth for us. I get where they are coming from but it's hard to take.
So I'm off to a slimming club 2nite to try and get 2 stone off as quick as possible. The last time I lost weight it took a long time and I did it through diet and exercise by myself. So I know I can do it and I'm guna do it because all I want to be is a mummy. God everything is just so bloody hard. Oh well.
Sorry for going on. Sharon has been a great support bless her.
Hope everything works out for you
Clairex (jellybeans) xx

#458 ·
Claire - Im so sorry to hear that!  I have a high BMI too...I hope they dont ask me to go and lose weight before treatment...were you using OE?  I am going for DE not sure if that makes any difference?Have you tried losing with the doctor?

Jess - Ohh im sorry to hear your news hun...praying that your baby is all good and healthy...if the bleeding has stopped then that's got to be a good sign xx

Hoochie - Glad you reached Brno ok...just make sure you relax whilst over there...Ive been looking into getting a few massages whilst there in Jan...it all seems very cheap!  Thinking of you...good luck xx

Toffeepop - Thanks, I am taking quite a high dose of Thyroxine (150mg) last year when I had my bloods done my level was the lowest its ever been...1.3 or something...Im hoping its going to be good this time round.  xx

Julie - Thinking of you today...keep us posted xx

Me - Totally getting frustrated with the wait of AF...and this stupid cough is driving me mad...the doctor has given me antibiotics, hoping it wont mess with anything...i'm not taking anything as yet but I have no idea how long the antibiotics stay in the system...any ideas? xx

#459 ·
Thanks all my 2 little beans are now in all went smoothly so praying this is my time as top grade hatching blasts - come on stick!  ^pray^ So now the lovely 2ww clinic says test date 8/12 shame as work xmas do is the 6!

Jess I don't blame you on the  test front I'd be the same but as gone up in weeks sounds positive fingers crossed for you

Sorry to hear Claire it's not a game for the faint hearted but you'll get there

Fairy cake the clinic were lovely I was in and out in an hour and everyone spoke good English

I've promised myself no early testing this time but we shall see x

#460 ·
Jellybeans
I'm sorry to hear things have stalled re your BMI and the MESA/TESA What are you going to do?
Is there any chance you can get it done in a UK clinic and ship the sperm over with you? Or you may have to consider DS?
I guess the only other option would be to have tx in the UK?

I hope you can move forward soon.

Hoochie great news you have two great sounding blasts on board :) fx for the 2ww

Hope, your gp should've given you ttc friendly antibiotics, but I'm sure whatever it is as you're not cycling currently it shouldn't make a difference.

Jess, the fact that it's saying 3+ now is a good sign your HCG is rising. Fx tightly that your little one is safe. Xx

Hi Toffeepop ;)

Well.... We got 10 eggs; 8 mature. They have done PICSI on all 8 and now it's a waiting game..
I think it's funny how everyone seems to get 8... We got 8 last cycle too. I wonder if they get more and bank the others in their cryo bank?

Love Julie x

#461 ·
Hello, everyone! Just chipping in to see if any of you lovely ladies can help me.
Written below is my husbands sperm analysis from last year, he has just done another one last week but we don't have the results yet. I'm just wondering if anyone can let me know if Reprofit will think its ok to use or will they suggest a donor? We are booked in for January but if they do suggest a donor I will feel we need time to get my head around it!

Volume 4.7
Count.  0.02
% motility 1/9
% normal forms 0/1
Total effective count 0.01

#462 ·
Hi Jeco - Sorry I cant help with the sperm analysis but I am sure one of the girls here will be able to.
I am going to Reprofit in Jan at some point for DE and it took quite alot of thought to go for it but we really want a baby and that I will be carrying the baby (hopefully if all goes to plan) and we will love that child no matter what...I am sure you will be fine! xx

How is everyone else doing?  xx

#463 ·
Thanks hope-007, we are really hoping that it will work this time with my husbands sperm and the use of PICSI. We have made good embryos in past treatments but have never tried getting to blastocyst. My biggest fear is that we go through the treatment and they all arrest after day 3. But I guess if that happens we will know we need to use a donor next time.
Good luck for January and good luck to everyone else who is going there for treatment.

#464 ·
Hi Jeco, Yes I understand where you are coming from...I wanted to use my own eggs initially but in the past my eggs havent got to the mature stage and therefore we decided not to waste the cycle and just play safe and do DE..
I was in 2 minds but financially we just cant keep trying, this would be our first child and so thought we have a higher chance of success this way and I really do feel that I have got my head around it now and know we are making the right decision.

All the best and hope all goes well for you xx

Where is everyone today??

#465 ·
Jeco83
Your SA isn't great, but you could try with your DH's sperm, and if they don't find enough healthy sperm, you could have a back up plan in place for DS and use that if necessary.
You should talk about it though, so it's not a shock if it happens. Or you could try one cycle trying for blast, and if they don't get to blast you will know.... Or you might try 1/2 1/2 fert? Half eggs fert with DS and half with DHs sperm... That way if some embryos arrest then you have something to transfer...

Jess, hope you are ok hun?

Daisy, how are you feeling?

Afm, we have 6 x 1 day embryos today with normal PN x 2. Day 2 update tmrw, and hopefully they should be at the 4 cell stage by then. Quite disappointed that we only have 6 after paying for a fresh cycle. I had more than that on my last OE cycle at 39! So I don't think it's very good at all for a 26yo donor!!

I just wonder sometimes how motivated they are to donating when they are paid... She has her own child but has never donated before; which I was worried about as it's harder to gauge her response to stimms. I also wonder if there were more eggs that were reserved for use as DD embryos... Or is this just me being cynical?

Hope everyone ok.
Love J x

#466 ·
Thanks babybird,
Thanks for your advice, try not to be too deflated about the amount of eggs you received, I expect with it being her first time they were very cautious not to over stimulate her and I'm sure they will be great quality.

that's a good idea about having a back up plan, once we get his most recent results I will email the consultant and see what she says.
Does anyone know if they offer any money back if none of them make it to blastocyst stage?

#467 ·
Hi girls

Im just popping by for some advice.....

My feet has seriously ballooned, to the point were i have had to come to work in my slippers as non of my shoes fit. Im putting it down to the 3 x estrofem tablets ive been on each day since monday.

Should i be concerned (i am) that they are really swollen, bright red and i have a burning type sensation?

I think im gonna email stephan as we are due to fly out sunday

Xx thanks girls, i will post later with personals when im not on my phone x

#468 ·
Toffeepop,

You must see a doctor immediately. It could be a thrombosis or some kind of wein inflammation.
I had a similar problem. Dr performed US and there was no thromb, but I had to take some anticoagulant cream. It helped.

Babybird,

Your conclusions make sense.

A.F.M. Making plans for January in Reprofit. Fresh cycle needs more time for planning, so decided to have another FET as soon as possible.

Hi to all.

Ana

#469 ·
Toffeepop
Definitely get seen ASAP! It does sound like DVT and it's possible as the risk is higher on estrogens. I suspect they will give you Clexane. Are you on aspirin?

Jeco,
No money back guarantee with going to blast unfortunately, but I always feel if they make it to blast, they have a good chance and only the strongest make it to day 5/6 as on day 3/4 it's make or break and the genetically abnormal ones more likely to arrest.

Ana,
It's good to have a plan. If this fresh cycle doesn't work, not sure what the next move will be as can't afford another fresh...

Love J x

#470 ·
Thought it would be too good to be true to get money back if the don't make it to blast!
Seems a few of us will be out there in January,  I'm trying to see if the consultant will work from my most recent period which started on 22nd November. The protocol they have given me would mean egg collection would be around the 3rd January but they don't open until the 5th, however I'm never usually ready on the final scan so I think it might just work out, but perhaps they don't like people being that close to collection when they are closed. If I can't go with this cycle its looking like the end of jan/feb.

The waiting is the hardest part, plus all my friends are popping babies out over the next few months, don't get me wrong I'm happy for them, but its really upsetting.  :(

#471 ·
Hiya Ladies,

Jeco83 - ^hugme^ Hope you get a date confirmed soon and don't have to wait too long. Wishing you some nice blasts with this cycle! ^afro^

babybird1 - really hoping that this one is the one ^afro^, and that you get some fantastic blasts at next update ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

If it was the donor's first attempt I would imagine that no one knew what her exact response to the drugs would be, and also I think they try not to overstimulate donors so their experience is positive enough not to but them off donating again.

Really hoping this cycle is the one for you darling. xxx

Babybird & Anna - As for siphoning off fresh DE cycles, to make stock for double donation embryos, of course I don't know, however in my experience they have more than just two or three DD embryos with the same match. If I had not waited so long to try a second time, I could have had a match for my DD.

In fact, I have just been contacted by Reprofit re: a family planning package which they are setting up to allow for cryro preservation of DD embryos for future use to create families with the same genetic match (the cost is broken down by year and storage fees).

A bit late for me now, but had they had this before, I would have gone for it. It is hard to imagine siphoning off a couple of eggs from different batches and fertilizing these batches separately, then seeing what, if any, make it to grade 1 blast, and then having a whole random selection of embryo's that are a random mix and match of all sorts of DE and DS to give out to couples seeking DD.

I was told that they specifically create DD embryos for storage, and that these are not left overs or byproducts from other infertile couple's fresh treatments, or unwanted embryo's from families that are complete, as this is what I had originally thought DD embryos were about. In fact the male and female donors used to create the embryos don't even know each other. At the end of the day it is all about trust, so I can see where the doubt comes from. I know I have always wondered if the embryo's I see on the screen are actually the ones transferred.

Ana - the fresh cycle may just be the trick and it will be very good having a some FET if you need them for another go or even better if you need them for a sibling. Wishing you the very best for your next round. ^afro^ sometimes it is just a numbers game. xxx

Toffeepop - I do hope you went to see GP or called the clinic it does sound seriously uncomfortable and worrying. How are you feeling now?

Hoochie - Welcome to the tww got everything crossed for you! and that each day passes with some nice distractions, treats, and anything else that helps you make through each day, remember PUPO :)

Jellybean - sorry this has happened and that they won't perform the procedure, good luck with what ever your next steps are. I think egg collection may be more complex with a higher BMI but wishing you the best in getting on top of it for your next round. x

Jess xOx - how are you getting on? do you have another scan booked in yet, hope little bean is Ok and that bleeding has settled down now. I'm taking it easy by default as I'm too poorly at the moment to do anything. Just managing to work, and that's about it. Thanks for your well wishes, I am very sad to hear that one of your beans didn't stick loads of positive vibes for your other bean to settle in and grow nicely,

ATM - I'm OK not going to winge on about my symptoms ^zombie^ because I know so many of you are just praying for a positive cycle. I'm too tired to do much and my morning sickness has just settled today enough for me to catch up on ff's. I basically go to work come home and crash. My little one, far from getting frustrated which I thought she would, is enjoying looking after me and holding my hand because I'm poorly.

We have just tentatively started telling some friends and family and it is surprising what people say. 95% ecstatic elation, and 5% numpty comments :eek:. My favorite so far "Oh my God, what are you going to do?" from the lady at ballet with a little girl the same age as my daughter. I was so annoyed as she said it like I had been cursed by a bad affliction. I just politely smiled (I wanted to recoil in horror say I don't know! I was thinking ofa termination - just to see how that would go down ^evil^ ;D). Oh yes and my sister in law " Oh my God, that's going to be alot of work" - thanks Sherlock! is what I wanted to say..... but left my husband to comment on that one. I don't want to fall out with family or the mum at ballet because of pg hormones.

Have my scan to confirm that its "only two" on Tuesday, and honestly ladies I think I am having a heart attack when I wake up in the night thinking there's three!!! :eek: Trying to think nice lovely thoughts and not worry about anything, will keep you updated. I hope you don't mind me still visiting you guys now that I'm pg. I think somewhere I haven't totally accepted it, and think that at any moment I could be back here posting about having treatment again! xx

LOL Daisy xOx

^daisy^

#472 ·
Hi ladies

I hope all are doing well?

Daisy that was a big catch up fx it's twins I've spent the day with my best friend who had twin girls last month and she is sooo happy def a double blessing so don't let people put you off.

Toffee pop how you doing?  Hope your ok

Afm think I'm going slightly insane waiting and obsessing about my various twinges and being so tired but I'm on twice as much progesterone as first time so think that's the source if my ills  as feeling poorly sickb :-\ hopefully I will feel better for work on  Monday xx

#473 ·
Hi girls x

Well we're at the airport, the donor has responded well and ec is tomorrow!

Thanks for all your well wishes, my foots not dropped off yet, in fact altho still swollen its lots better. Just swollen due to all the estrogen xx

Hope everyones ok xx

#475 ·
Hey girls

Well we got 10 eggs yesterday, 8 of them mature so gotta ring later today for update eeek xx

#476 ·
Hi girls !!

Daisy - how was the scan? Triple trouble? Xx

Babybird - how was transfer? Are you still out there or back home? Xx

Hope - any plans to test soon? Xx

Well i rang for the day 1 update and out of the 8 mature eggs we have 6 that have fertilised so et is planned for Saturday xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.