Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

October / November 2014 Cycle Buddies

107K views 2K replies 98 participants last post by  Sharry 
#1 ·
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in October / November 2014.

Please read the FAQ here: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

[csv=]
Name , Treatment , Stimming , EC , ET , Test Date , Outcome
sunshine and clouds , IVF , 2nd Oct , 14th Oct , 19th Oct , 29th Oct , ^reiki^

Pixanne , ICSI , 20th Oct , , , , ^reiki^
Katy_81 , ICSI , 20th Oct , , , , ^reiki^
EmGran , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
Jessif , IVF , , , , , ^reiki^
Chellelauz , IVF , 7th Oct , 22nd Oct , 27th Oct , , ^reiki^
Noahsmummy , ICSI , 11th Oct , , , , ^reiki^
Kikiw , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
Happy girl , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
KRM14 , IVF ,9th Oct , , 27th Oct , , ^reiki^
SweetPea2707 , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
bumpylady , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
Leanne5 , IVF , 15th Oct , , , , ^reiki^
Sapphire952 , IVF , 3rd Nov , , , , ^reiki^
EmGran , IVF , 28th Oct , 10th Nov , , , ^reiki^
MSJ24 , ICSI , 7th Nov , , , , ^reiki^
fraf77 , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
mint , IVF , 10th Oct , 24th Oct , , , ^reiki^
Squiggly , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
funkia33 , IUI , 12th Oct , , , , ^reiki^
pineapple14 , ICSI , 14th Oct , 27th Oct , , , ^reiki^
sarahjw , ICSI , , 15th Oct , , , ^reiki^
Rachelb2014 , IVF , 20th Oct , , , , ^reiki^
MrsG1984 , IVF , 21st Oct , 3rd Nov , , , ^reiki^
SLK5555 , ICSI , 3rd Nov , , , , ^reiki^
Pearse82star , , , , , , ^reiki^
cherinpar , IVF , 22nd Oct ,4th Nov , , , ^reiki^
Dolphins , , , , , , ^reiki^
sharonws , ICIS , 22nd Oct , , , , ^reiki^
scaredy_cat , ICSI , 12th Oct , 24th Oct , 29th Oct , , ^reiki^
charmars , ICSI , , , , , ^reiki^
emmajane_hodgy , FET , , , , , ^reiki^

[/csv]

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

See less See more
#2 ·
Yay!  Thanks Sharry! Please can you add me?  Picking up my tx plan on Friday but the witch swooped in and will be dr early Oct.

Hello ladies!  I'm about to start my fourth cycle,  we had a failed ivf that was diagnostic for us (sperm binding problem). We then had ICSI which resulted in dd1 and FET from that same cycle which resulted in dd2.  We're starting from scratch with icsi this time and praying for success again. 

Apart from that,  I'm now a full time mum (used to be a journalist), horse mad and a big Downton fan but have invited friends over on Sun night stupidly!

Anyway,  I look forward to getting to know you all.  I'm still in touch with my cycle buddies from previous cycles and think ff is a god send!

X

#3 ·
Horaay!  I've been waiting for this thread to start. :)

Hello Pixanne. Nice to meet you :)

DP and I are due to start our very first ICSI cycle on the 27/09 with EC booked for the 03/11. DP received chemo treatment back in 2001 which left him infertile. Luckily though he banked some little swimmers before he started so here we are.

All new to this so feeling quite apprehsive and nervous but also excited.  I just hope we get our dream of a family of our own  ^pray^

Good luck and baby dust to everyone. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Sharry, please can you add me? Due to start d/r 27/09

Katy x

#4 ·
Hi All

Think I'll join you, we start our 2nd cycle at the end of this month, I begin DR on 27th September (long protocol) with transfer scheduled for early November if all goes to plan. Actually quite excited to get going again.....that is until the side effects kick in obvs.

#5 ·
Lovely to meet you Katy and LBE!  Lots of baby dust to you both.  X

#6 ·
Hi ladies
Can I join you?
We are about to start our third fresh IVF cycle (with ICSI due to poor sperm).
Had our first cycle in november, was on short protocol, got 8 eggs, 4 fertilised, 3 made it to day 3. Got a grade 2 embryo implanted but didnt work :-( others not good enough to freeze. Turned out my eggs were poor quality :-(
Had second cycle in may, on long protocol, this time I got 13 eggs but only 8 mature. 3 fertilised and had a grade 1 and grade 2 put back. Unsuccessful again. Eggs and sperm really bad quality.

This time will be on short protocol again, start norethisterone in 3 weeks, egg collection pencilled in for 3rd November (same as you katy!! :) )
They are increasing my gonal f this time and leaving it longer between hcg and EC.

Starting to get nervous now.
Have any of you tried acupuncture? Have heard it can increase pregnancy rates?!
x

#7 ·
Hey Guys, can I join you please :) Due to start DR for 3rd fresh cycle on 26th of this month.  Feeling very aprehensive about going through it all again as didn't have a great experience last tim but do have a gorgeous almost 3 year old DS from our first round, although he was FET (3rd embryo transfer)

So far have had 2 fresh and 3 FETs so feels a bit like 'here we go again' but we know it works as have DS ... so frustraiting!  Good to have support from others going through it xx

#9 ·
Oh and Aber, yes I had acupuncture on my successful cycle and the 2 since.  I started it due to thin womb lining but find it helps with the stress if nothing else.  Also sending DH for it this time as we had poor fert rate last time and acupuncturist thinks it may help. x

#10 ·
Hi everyone, it's nice to join you here.

Could you add me too please Sharry?

I'm going to start down regulating on the 4th of October on a long-protocol program, so could be doing the PG test mid to late November.

It's my first go at treatment. I'm keen to get going but at the same time apprehensive. I'm a little worried about how treatment will affect me.

I'm not sure if we'll be doing ICSI or just straight IVF as it depends on DH's sperm quality on the day (we've had some borderline sperm analysis results). Fingers crossed it's not ICSI as we're broke!

Fingers crossed for lots of eggs too because I'm egg sharing. I had mixed feelings today as the big fat red witch AF arrived - one the one hand, there's no avoiding treatment now... but on the other I'm glad not to be letting anyone else down.

Best of luck ladies xxx

#11 ·
Hi Aber and Emgran!

Em gran,  what a lovely thought about not letting anyone down when the old bag arrived. 

Aber, I've used acu on all of my cycles and swear by it.  Some of the things my acu has helped with have convinced dh that she's actually a witch!  She's helped me when one side had follicles of 4mm and the other 18m and when I went fir a scan a few days later they were even.  But it's also helped me cope with symptoms.  Especially during Dr. 

Afm tonight I've just been voted chair of our residents association and I'm due to be coopted onto the parish council next month.  Slightly concerned I'm taking too much on!

X

#12 ·
Hello LBE, Aber and Porky

Well it looks like a few of us with be having EC early November. :)

I haven't tried accu. Tbh the thought of having lots of needles stuck in me scares me a bit. One needle a day is enough for me lol. I've heard really good things about it though so it must help.

My DP used to practice Buddhism so he's going to teach me some meditation techniques. I'm a massive stresshead so I need to find ways to relax :)

#13 ·
Thanks Pixanne. There's got to be a silver lining, right?!

Katy, that makes at least two stress-heads on here then... I'm the same. I have started to do mindfulness meditation after buying the book "Mindfulness for Dummies". It's a more enjoyable read than "Excel spreadheets for dummies" so far, but I doubt it's as good as your Buddhism-trained DH :)

#14 ·
Hi Emigrant, welcome😉 is your DH taking any supplements? If he's borderline they may just take him up and over. My acupuncturist recommended he take Ginseng and he's also been taking proxeed plus (u get this off the internet) it is expensive but worth it in the long run.  Baby dust to u Hun xx

#15 ·
Lol I've got that Excel for dummies book on my bookshelf.

So, can I just ask whether anyone is doing anything special diet-wise in prep for treatment?  I've read that milk is good and lots of protein.  And then pineapple juice is good after EC. Obviously giving up alcohol aswell and switching to decaff coffee and tea.  Oh and lots of water.

I don't want to go too crazy analysing everything I eat as I'll probably end up stressing myself out but it would be good to know what others are planning. I asked at the clinic and they just said cut down alcohol.

#16 ·
Katy, you're right on the high protein and low carb thing. My cons said make protein the biggest element of any meal.  He also says a litre of milk and two litres of water a day.  I'd avoid pineapple juice after et.

X

#17 ·
Could I join as well please? Starting microgynon when next AF arrives (which should be this weekend), then have baseline scan and hopefully start stimms on 5th Nov with egg collection booked for week commencing 17th Nov. This is my first IVF so completely clueless (not even sure whether this is short or long protocol!)xx

#18 ·
Welcome djjim22 :)

It's also my first IVF so I know how you feel. This site has been amazing though. I joined as soon asI was referred and it's been an amazing source of information. Everyone is so lovely too. Sending you lots of baby dust for the coming months.

Thanks for the advice Pixanne. I'll have to think of some yummy high protein meals to get me through.

x

#19 ·
Please can I join you too? My partner and I have just been for our consultation and are starting the short protocol on my next cycle which should be the beginning of October. This is our third fresh cycle as we never have any that are good enough quality to freeze. Cycle 2 resulted in DS1 so we're trying for a sibling. I love the support this site gives and couldn't have got through my other cycles without it. Wishing us all lots of baby dust xxx

#20 ·
Yes this site is fantastic for support and advice! Has saved me from going mad already and I haven't even started treatment yet!xx

#21 ·
Hey everyone  ;D

I've just read all the comments so far and think I know where everyone is so far! Lol Good luck to you all  ^reiki^

My lovely wife had an ec last Wednesday and now we r just waiting to find out how her embies r doing then we will hopefully be freezing them for me to use in the future!  I had my endometrial scratch today and omg it  ^swear^ hurt!!! Hope it's worth it! I start dr on Sunday x

#22 ·
Hi again all

I've just picked up my dates!  Sharry,  please can you update me?

Base line 20/10
Ec 3/11
Et either 5/11 or 8/11

X

#24 ·
Exactly the same dates as me Pixanne! :)

Welcome noahsmummy, Chelle and Jesif :)

#25 ·
Thanks for the welcome katy_81

Chellelauz I had a scratch just before my second cycle and swear that's why it worked so fingers crossed for you too, I'm having another one on 1st October ready for starting this next cycle a week or so later, along with a trial transfer to make sure my cervix isn't to tight again.

Best of luck to everyone on here, looking forward to getting to know you all

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

#26 ·
Welcome new faces that I've not said hello to yet!

Katy, Yay!  We can compare notes! I can't wait to get started but after a few jabs I'm sure that'll wear off.

I forgot to mention.  As I was sitting in my clinic waiting room,  a friend walked in!  I had no idea she was cycling.  Mad!  I'd taken dd2 with me who has a very unusual crawl and spent a lot of time running down the corridors trying to catch her.  I'm never sure whether to take the children to our appointments but our lovely consultant always says do because it proves it works.  I have to say,  I can't wait for the anaesthetic.  I've not had undisturbed sleep for three years so I might ask the anaesthetist if he can knock me out for a bit longer!

😴 ignore this emotion - it won't delete although it does sum up how I feel tonight! !!! X

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.