Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Early Pregnancy and Waiting for Early Scans - Part 13

235K views 2K replies 178 participants last post by  Stalyvegas 
#1 ·
Waiting for Early Scans
Welcome ladies ^wave^ and congratulations ^afro^

Please post here whilst you are in the early stages of pregnancy and waiting for those all important first scans. Once you feel ready, please proceed to the BFP threads, these threads are a great way to make the new friends that will join you in your future birth club threads ^goodluck^

If you need help getting a ticker read HERE but please note which tickers we do not allow on this site ;)

Dont forget to check out our due date and gestation calculator! : HERE

#1,302 ·
Trina - try not to panic,  sorry I replied and went out for the day.  It is such a massive gift to receive your BFP that if you are like me you just keep expecting to have it whipped away from you.  I was told by my clinic that unless you get cramps which cannot be relived by paracetamol then you shouldn't worry.  I was also given this advice when I presented at the EPU after bleeding bright red for 12hrs! Your uterus grows so much in the early stages that it is easy to mistake the feelings.  I tested every day till my viability scan (7+4w) and I've had weekly scans as I've been so paranoid that this wonderful gift is likely to be taken back.  I've never experienced a chemical pregnancy and assume from what I've read that it would be very difficult to diagnose one without a negative HGC test or scan.  A miscarriage I am advised you would know about.  Either way there would be nothing you could do so the way I have tried to cope is to try not to worry about the bad until I know I have something bad to worry about (seriously doesn't always work!) good luck xx

#1,305 ·
Hi ladies, can I please join you.  OTD and got a BFP :) :)

Is it normal to be so bloated at this stage, I'm also having lots of stomach and lower back twinges! I honestly look like I'm about 5 months pregnant!!

#1,306 ·
Fancy seeing you here Sapphire!  ;D
I'm also feeling bloated today, really regretted wearing skinny jeans! I'm starting to wonder how long I'll be able to wear them already! Bring on the elasticated waistbands!

#1,307 ·
Lol Ssltw!

#1,309 ·
Congrats Sapphire and ssltw. I am also feeling the bloat. Feel like a bit of a balloon. Not pleasant being in my vicinity at the mo  :-[  ::)
I have had terrible cramps for about 5-10 mins in middle of each night which wake me up they are so strong.  Apparently due to changes in digestion and laying on my back. It all makes sense when someone tells you whats going on xx

#1,310 ·
Am also feeling bloated too, having heartburn also..

#1,311 ·
Good morning ladies :)

Joining you here and hopefully on July -August due date thread soon:)

Anxiously waiting for my first scan which was booked for 15/01/15.

Fellybabe, my OTD was 23rd and looking at your timeline I was hoping my scan would be around 8th Jan too.

I'm going bit insane, so worried how the first scan will go. Internet is a great source of information, but sometimes I wish I didn't have access lol. Too much reading is turning me into cookoo :) ha ha ha

Before ET I was constantly hungry and craved for sweets ( courtesy of progesterone ) but in the last 2 weeks I've lost my appetite. So I'm forcing myself to eat but now it's just a healthy food. I'm loving it :)

Merry Christmas to you all!

#1,312 ·
Hi Anechka, looks like our dates are similar.  My OTD eas 22/12 and my scan is 14/1.  Bit of a wait DH but I'm hoping xmas will speed things up.  It also gives us the chance to relax (im so tired atm I keep falling asleep on the sofa)! I'm really hungry atm, but craving healthy food, not chocolate!

#1,313 ·
Sapphire, good morning :)

my sleep has been playing games on me. I'm half asleep the whole afternoon, longing for my bed, then every night I'm awake since around 4am.

I've been so naughty, making my DH to do all the housework ( for the fist time in over 8 years ) hahahah I'm loving being pregnant :)

I need to stop testing, I have been testing every day since 8th day after transfer. I guess I just can't get enough. My local Boots' sales are definately up this month . Lol

#1,314 ·
Aneechka - my sleep is definitely disturbed too. I am trying to ration myself to testing every other day.  I get so nervous though every time I test in case the line has disappeared and then feel a great sense of relief when it hasn't! It is certainly addictive.  My DH is quite cross with me for being obsessive compulsive..

#1,315 ·
I'm also roughly the same dates as you Anechka, my OTD was 21st.
I've been pretty tired, every evening at about 8pm it seems to hit me. I've been getting my DW to do the housework but felt bad yesterday and mopped the kitchen floor. I had to take a break halfway and was exhausted after! Think I'll leave it to DW from now on!
I've been fairly lucky as I've not woken up for the loo during the night yet, I'm sure it's coming though as I've been in there every hour during the day!

#1,316 ·
For the second morning in the row I've just had this wave of nausea and had to run to the loo - I though it was too early for morning sickness to be starting. I'm not yet 5 wks and read it doesn't start till about 6! Has anyone else had a similar experience.

#1,317 ·
Oh girls, so lovely to chat to you :)

Lying in my bed feeling entirely happy at the moment, mind you it may change any minute and I'll switch to my paranoia mood hahhahahaha

Ssltw, when is your test booked for?

I try not to drink anything after 8pm but not sure it makes any difference to my loo alarms at night. Since I'm not having any symptoms really, I would like to keep this one as some reassurance that I am actually pregnant. Recently it became my most frequently used word :)

#1,318 ·
Sapphire, I don't get it just yet, but I've been drinking tea with lemon and freshly crushed ginger for about a week now ( protecting myself from cold and flu) . And I read that ginger helps a lot with fighting nausea and morning sickness. Maybe you could try that too ? Have a look in internet 

#1,319 ·
Sapphire I haven't had anything like that, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that i won't get any sickness as my mum didn't with either me or my sister! So far I've just been starving. I guess it's at least some reassurance that this is all really happening for you! I read that regular meals/snacks are good for nausea.

Anechka I don't have my scan date yet, my clinic asks everyone to test again on day 22 and then they book you in. So will find out on Monday! Think I'm going to test again on Friday too, as we're visiting family for the weekend and I just want to know it's still all ok :)

#1,320 ·
Hi ladies, hope I can join you. I recently got my bfp on 18.12.14. My clinic require me to test 7 days later which is tomorrow. I'm sure it's the same due to my symptoms. Hopefully I get my scan date soon. I just cried at a tv advert :(

#1,321 ·
Aneechka..congrats once again

My OTD was on the 22nd dec, actually my clinic wanted me to come on the 6th jan for scan but i will having uni exam so i asked if i can come in the following day and which they accepted. that will be 6th week scan

#1,322 ·
Good morning ladies

I've come to join you ladies here, our otd was today but we did test yesterday and got our first ever BFP, I've got to wait till Monday for the hospital to call me to confirm when my scan will be. I'm extremely nervous and still in a bit of shock that it's actually worked after nearly 5 years of trying.

#1,323 ·
Congrats fellyba be and catf x

#1,324 ·
Congrats Cat, I'm not far ahead of you, my OTD was 22/12

#1,325 ·
Tested again this morning and got a nice strong line, but started bleeding about an hour ago. It's red but no clots or pain. Not sure what to do as the clinic isn't open until tomorrow and I'm away visiting family. Might have to wait and call the clinic tomorrow :(

#1,326 ·
Sapphire - that's good I'm not far behind you, hopefully my scan will be around then

Ssltw - fingers crossed it's just a one off and it will settle down

I'm not feeling great today, feeling sick, my boobs are killing and I've got a lot of spots breaking out, I'm hoping these are all good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.