Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Only 2 embryos fertilised :-(

12K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  Butterfly1984 
#1 ·
Help! I am on my second round of treatment. I didn't respond very well to menopur first time and only got 6eggs. This cycle they doubled my dose hoping I would get more and weirdly we only had 4 eggs collected yesterday.  I was totally gutted.
I have just received a call to say only 3 of those eggs were mature and 2 fertilised.
We plan to have transfer on Monday but I am so scared they won't make it.
Has anyone had a success story with such low numbers?
Xx

#2 ·
Hi butterfly,
I can't give you a success story as such, but just wanted to say I'm on my 4th cycle (previously 2 fresh & 1 frozen) - on my previous fresh cycles I have had 8 & 7 eggs and had a good success rate of them maturing. However this time although I managed 10 eggs after 1 day I only had 3 remaining, I really didn't think I would have any left on ET day, but 1 did continue and I had a day 2, 5 cell embryo transfer. I know 2 is better than 1, but this time round I'm going on the thought that its quality not quantity. I really hope both embryos carry on till Monday for you, but even if you only have 1, just remember 1 is all it takes.
Its so horrible waiting for the whole weekend to know what's going to happen, but I hope you manage to fill your time and to stay positive and come Monday you'll have a health maturing embryo (even better 2!) waiting to be transferred.
I've got everything crossed for you. xxx

#3 ·
Hi butterfly,
Was in the same situation. So far am 3/4 the way through 2ww with 1 embryo on board. So far so good.

#4 ·
Hi just wanted to say I only had 2 eggs collected and only one fertilised and I sm now 13 weeks pregnant and everything is great. Also had a 2 dt x

#5 ·
Hi butterfly,

I know how you are feeling as I'm going through the same situation as you but I only had one egg collected yesterday and I was very surprised when I got the call this morning to say it has fertilised! I'm also booked in for egg transfer on Monday so fingers crossed it works out for both of us. Try and stay positive as it only takes one embryo and that's what the clinic said to me when they retrieved my one and only egg yesterday and they were right as it fertilised! I've read quite a few success stories of which has given me hope. I wish you all the luck in the world xx

#6 ·
butterfly - I am a success!! my first round i got 18 eggs, 9 each as i was egg sharing and 5 blasts but BFN this time i only got 12 so 6 each and i was devastated as only 1 fertilized, i was so upset i didn't even want to go back for transfer as i thought what is the point it must be a bad batch of eggs - and low and behold that one embryo has taken and i am 12 weeks pregnant. My clinic even told me they tend to have better success when the numbers are lower as against all odds it means that one is strong so stay positive xxx

#8 ·
Hi

I had 4 eggs collected, only 1 fertilised overnight, the 2nd fertilised after 24 hours

One of them is now my 6 yr old son

Donna

#9 ·
i had five collected two fertilised and both made it to day 5 so i had one five day blast transfered and got my bfp this month stay positive it really does only take one xx

#10 ·
Lovely to read the success stories. Thanks for sharing.

Butterfly, I'm halfway through the 2ww and understand how you feel. We had 11 eggs, 10 mature and only 1 fertilised. I had a 3 day transfer for my fighter who was seen as slower than expected (4-cell) but good quality. I've rested all week in the hope it's snuggling into its rightful environment. I can't give up hope on it, it's my fighter.

Sending you and twinkletoesb lots of positive thoughts and good luck for Monday.

xx

#11 ·
Wow ladies, thanks so much for sharing your positive stories. I am thinking now that there is still hope! Congrats to you all on your positive results.

Dinkyminky...good luck on your OTD. I really hope your little fighter gives you that BFP

Twinkletoesb..I really hope your transfer goes well on Monday. I will be following your story now and pray we both get our bfp in 2 weeks time  ^pray^

Xxx

#12 ·
So far so good. Both my embryos were still going today and both are currently getting comfortable in my womb. Fingers crossed now.

Twinkletoesb I hope your transfer went well today? X

#13 ·
Hi, butterfly so glad your transfer went well today , two good embryos that's great!  :) I've got everything crossed for you, is your testing  date  the 9th?

I'm very  pleased  with ET today as  I have a  good embryo grade  B , I'm happy with that, so  far all good  now onto  the waiting  game now  :(.  I'm going  to Try and keep  myself  busy and stay  away from google ! 

Dinkyminky. Thank you  and I hope it  all works out for you x 

#15 ·
Twinkletoesb. .my consultant told me to test on the 10th but on the letter he gave me when I left it said the 9th. That's one less day of anxious waiting so I will be doing that haha.

So glad your embryo made it to transfer...sounds like you have a fighter there :) x

#16 ·
Butterfky, twinkle toes - congrats on your ETs, wishing you lots of luck for your 2ww.

Great to see so many positive stories, out of 15 eggs, only 6 of mine were mature and only 2 fertilised. Keeping everything crossed for them both to make it to transfer Thursday or sat.

X

#17 ·
Evening Ladies,
Congrats to all of you on your transfers, :) I'm due for transfer on thursday 30th too Pineapple! ;) I got 5 eggies but only 2 fertilised so I'm now just praying that they make it to transfer, i reckon this bit is worse than the 2ww sometimes! :eek:

#18 ·
I hope so butterfly.  after feeling really good yesterday,  I did have my doubts today but I suppose it's normal to feel up and down -too much googling again! But I'm ok now :).

My letter says the 7th to test but the dr told me the 9th so ill do the latter, I'm not brave enough to do it before lol.

Specaloo and pineapple good luck with your transfers on Thursday, hope all goes well :).  it is a anxious time Specaloo and  I'm sure they are developing just fine xx

#19 ·
Pineapple and specaloo..good luck with your 2 embryos. I hope they are both fighters for you. I'm sure they are

I talk to mine everyday and tell them to stay strong hehe I hope they are doing as they are told

Twinkletoes...I think it's normal to be all over the place emotionally. One minute I am full of confidence and happy then I am full of worry and upset.  This whole process it torture
xx

#20 ·
Has anyone else on the 2ww been absolutely starving? I am not normally a big eater but since taking the cyclogest I am hungry.....all the time! If i'm not careful I will end up becoming a right chunk at the end of this 2 weeks haha

x

#21 ·
Well that's 2 x top quality li'l embies on board!! Pineapple14 how are you? X

#22 ·
Congratulations Specaloo

x

#23 ·
Hi butterfly! I always had poor fertilisation with ICSI :( on our 3rd cycle I had 15 eggs collected, 14 mature and injected and only 3 fertilised :( now 2 of those little 3 are snuggled inside me and i'm nearly 25 weeks pregnant with twin girls :) stay positive! Good luck xxx

#24 ·
Ah wow congratulations MissFruity. I hope my cycle is as successful as yours xx

#25 ·
Hi butterfly,

How's things? We are half way through the tww :).
I've been eating lots too, mainly cakes 😳 and I feel bloated but that's the horrible side effects to the progesterone- constipation and it's also making my boobs so sore and heavy!

Hope your well xx

#26 ·
So glad we are halfway through. The next week can't go quickly enough! I just want to know either way now. I have an acupuncture session this afternoon so hopefully that will help me relax.

When I woke up this morning and remembered it was the 1st November I thought "wow, this is the month I could finally find out I am pregnant!"
Really hope so xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.