Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

24 with low amh levels

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Monkeytoes90 
#1 ·
Hiya,
I'm 24 years old and have recently been told I have an AMH level of 8.3.
I got so overwhelmed in the appointment and I won't see the doctors again for 6 months.
They said to try and conceive naturally for 1 year.
I've driven myself mad researching about it so has anyone got any real life experiences of low amh levels. What was your level? Did you attempt to conceive naturally first or were you offered IVF straight away?
Any info would help, thanks

#2 ·
Hi I'm 25 with a amh of just 2! I haven't used any contraception since I was 16 and I haven't ever become pregnant. I am about to start IVF (short protocol) however they also tell me to keep trying as I ovulate and I have no other problems so in theory I should be able to get pregnant! (If only it was that easy eh!) I know that there are others on here with an amh higher than yours that are also having IVF, so if you have been trying for 2 years or more then it may be worth asking to receive treatment sooner rather than later. There is way too much waiting involved in all this but I suppose it's giving us more patience for when we finally have a child  :) hope that helps a little! Xxx

#3 ·
Hi

We had ivf and it failed, tried to do a second round but amh was 14 which at 23 i was told was too low to egg donate which is how we were funding the cycle. Long and short we adopted our beautiful daughter then 6 months later i conceived naturally but had a miscarriage then 6 months later conceived again and im 29 weeks now (fingers crossed!!) so amh is definitley NOT the be all and end all, a healthy life style and no alcohol really helped us im sure of it. Good luck, time is on your side xx

#4 ·
Hey all
I'm 24yrs old and have an amh of 3.54.
I was devastated when the Doctor told me the results but he insisted that there is a still a chance of a successful pregnancy. I am midway through my ivf treatment on the long protocol.. buserelin 0.5ml down reg & gonal f 450iu stimms.. I have 2 ultrasound scans this week to see how my follicles are developing - if all is well I am going for egg extraction next week!!
Fingers crossed and positive vibes x

(I've been having acupuncture since beginning my fertility treatment, really helps to manage stress levels) I'd highly recommended it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.